Forum

Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Small things u could have missed [CLOSED]
Neo_Mametchi Green Sparx Gems: 249
#1 Posted: 00:30:27 28/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Anyone ever get hit but those enemies in buckets in Breeze Harbor? If u watch them after they hit u, they tip over and fall on there face. Out of all the times I played this game I don't think I ever saw this. Makes me wonder what else there is that I missed...
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#2 Posted: 18:57:14 28/03/2013
o_o I didn't Remember that!!! Probably because I rarely got hit by an enemy >.<
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
MugoUrth Ripto Gems: 3234
#3 Posted: 12:47:23 17/05/2013
I wonder how many people remember the scene in the final battle where Hunter dives into the lava bath. I brought it up on another forum, but a lot of the users denies it happened.

Edit: Woops. Didn't realize how old this topic was.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:47:59 17/05/2013 by MugoUrth
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#4 Posted: 16:51:51 17/05/2013
^Don't worry about topic bumps in this section too much; We're all friends here. smilie

I do remember when the mechanical Gulp exploded, debris impacted Hunter causing him to descend and he seemed too far back to have landed on the arena, so he surely did land in the lava... Insomniac has some elaboration to make and/or it was a sprite programming error due to rushing on their part...
---
BREATHE AIR.
skulldragon95 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1634
#5 Posted: 04:30:34 06/09/2013
or torch insted of kill in collosus
---
Fired up for victory
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#6 Posted: 04:56:22 14/09/2013
I keep hearing that the coins in Mystic Marsh (also the posters in Dino Mines, from the next game) had one of the developers' faces on it. I don't know if it's true, but if it is, that's a pretty nice touch(and also makes me wonder how all the coins happened to land on heads smilie).

Someone jumped over to Ripto in one of the boss battles, and compared his size with Spyro... Apparently Ripto was taller. Yeah, "shorty", go taunting people taller than you with that Spyro. smilie

Also, if I remember correctly, the notes on the Professor's papers were actually the PlayStation's buttons(circle, square, triangle, X).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:57:43 14/09/2013 by Arc of Archives
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#7 Posted: 01:45:38 15/09/2013
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
Quote: MugoUrth
I wonder how many people remember the scene in the final battle where Hunter dives into the lava bath.

When did that happen? o__o

In the battle with Ripto, the final battle....they just said. smilie It is before the third section of the boss. smilie
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#8 Posted: 02:11:37 15/09/2013
Quote: Kariana
I wonder how many people remember the scene in the final battle where Hunter dives into the lava bath.

In the battle with Ripto, the final battle....they just said. smilie It is before the third section of the boss. smilie

Just when you defeat the second phase of the battle, if you look to the right side of the cutscene, you'll see Hunter...
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
Burning Gnorc Emerald Sparx Gems: 3463
#9 Posted: 14:32:13 16/09/2013
Quote: Arc of Archives
Someone jumped over to Ripto in one of the boss battles, and compared his size with Spyro... Apparently Ripto was taller. Yeah, "shorty", go taunting people taller than you with that Spyro. smilie

You're talking about Justafriendsa's Let Break series, right? Those are some of the most enjoyable videos I've seen. Need to see if he's done some more stuff.

Regardless, you don't need to break the game to see that Spyro is shorter; comparing the two in the cutscene just before the final boss starts is evidence enough.
---
Eh.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#10 Posted: 14:41:51 16/09/2013
Quote: Burning Gnorc
Someone jumped over to Ripto in one of the boss battles, and compared his size with Spyro... Apparently Ripto was taller. Yeah, "shorty", go taunting people taller than you with that Spyro. XD

You're talking about Justafriendsa's Let Break series, right? Those are some of the most enjoyable videos I've seen. Need to see if he's done some more stuff.

Regardless, you don't need to break the game to see that Spyro is shorter; comparing the two in the cutscene just before the final boss starts is evidence enough.

The difference being that Spyro's supposed to be a young kid (early teens at most), while Ripto is clearly a full-grown adult. Of course, when you consider that Ripto is actually Emperor Percival Tachyon in a previous life, it makes a bit more sense. XP
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9212
#11 Posted: 06:42:45 17/09/2013
Quote: HIR

The difference being that Spyro's supposed to be a young kid (early teens at most), while Ripto is clearly a full-grown adult. Of course, when you consider that Ripto is actually Emperor Percival Tachyon in a previous life, it makes a bit more sense. XP

...or could Emperor Percival Tachyon be Ripto in a previous life?
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#12 Posted: 00:09:30 18/09/2013
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

...or could Emperor Percival Tachyon be Ripto in a previous life?

No way. The Ratchetverse is so technologically far ahead of any of the world's Spyro visits. <.<
---
Arc of Archives Yellow Sparx Gems: 1486
#13 Posted: 23:26:04 19/09/2013
Well, it's pretty easy to notice in the cutscenes, I just think it's cool to have a "more official" comparison. smilie
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#14 Posted: 01:47:27 19/01/2014
Also, if I remember correctly, the notes on the Professor's papers were actually the PlayStation's buttons(circle, square, triangle, X).

Yes there are. smilie
Jaggedstar Diamond Sparx Gems: 7660
#15 Posted: 02:55:42 19/01/2014
I keep hearing that the coins in Mystic Marsh (also the posters in Dino Mines, from the next game) had one of the developers' faces on it. I don't know if it's true, but if it is, that's a pretty nice touch(and also makes me wonder how all the coins happened to land on heads smilie).

Yes; Dan Johnson's face is on the Mystic Marsh coins. Also, the name Bryan can be seen on the walls in Summer Forest!
---
Quote: Paytawn
oh my god
#16 Posted: 03:21:07 19/01/2014
^Dan Johnson always cameos in Insomniac's games. To the point of becoming a skin in Ratchet & Clank games. <.<
---
#17 Posted: 04:58:22 19/01/2014
^Dan Johnson always cameos in Insomniac's games. To the point of becoming a skin in Ratchet & Clank games. <.<

Isn't he also on a Wanted poster in YOTD?
---
oh my god
#18 Posted: 14:52:04 19/01/2014
Quote: Jaggedstar

Isn't he also on a Wanted poster in YOTD?

Yes. And then we have the Snow Dan in Ratchet & Clank 2 and 3, the planet for the Insomniac Museum being called Dantopia, something in Deadlocked that I can't remember, and him as a skin for Ratchet in the Future games. <.<;
---
#19 Posted: 15:49:16 19/01/2014
You can also see the name "Linda" on the doors of Winter Tundra.

Why is Insomniac so obsessed with this Dan Johnson for?
---
#20 Posted: 17:41:04 19/01/2014
Dan Johnson was an Insomniac employee from the "olden days" (who would later go to work for High Impact Games) and described as "an all around nice guy." Some of the Insomniacs liked sneaking easter eggs of him into their earlier games. In 2006, he passed away due to what was believed to be medication error (i.e. he took medications that shouldn't be taken together) for his chronic back issues. So Insomniac Games dedicated Tools of Destruction to him and made him an unlockable skin in the Future games. <.<;
---
#21 Posted: 21:20:32 19/01/2014
Dan Johnson was an Insomniac employee from the "olden days" (who would later go to work for High Impact Games) and described as "an all around nice guy." Some of the Insomniacs liked sneaking easter eggs of him into their earlier games. In 2006, he passed away due to what was believed to be medication error (i.e. he took medications that shouldn't be taken together) for his chronic back issues. So Insomniac Games dedicated Tools of Destruction to him and made him an unlockable skin in the Future games. <.<;

Well he must have been a nice guy if he was recognised so much by Insomniac, but it's still a bit weird.
---
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12740
#22 Posted: 21:36:26 19/01/2014

It actually says Brenda. One of the Insomniac members put it there for their daughter.

This is where I got that info. https://web.archive.org/web/20...R/Interest.html
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:38:55 19/01/2014 by alicecarp
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#23 Posted: 22:02:43 19/01/2014
Quote: Kariana

I saw Hunter fly towards the wall and I am pretty sure I saw out of my corner of my eye a small poof like when a bad guy dies in Spyro Year of the Dragon when you kill an enemy and you already got ther gem smilie
#24 Posted: 23:00:07 19/01/2014
Quote: alicecarp

It actually says Brenda. One of the Insomniac members put it there for their daughter.

This is where I got that info. https://web.archive.org/web/20...R/Interest.html

Woo, nice info. Didn't know about the name Brenda being put there!
---
oh my god
madibart Blue Sparx Gems: 511
#25 Posted: 21:44:43 30/01/2014
Actually, Bryan and Brenda were put there by Craig Stitt, but they are not his kids. They are the son and daughter of the animation director on those games.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me