Forum

Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer

Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
A Little Cheat... [CLOSED]
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#1 Posted: 21:42:22 20/03/2013 | Topic Creator
On Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer, you can "Double Jump" around to the outer arena in Crush's Dungeon. Scroll to 6:50 into the video, it's quite interesting, I'm wondering if you can do the same in Gulp's Overlook too.

The Double Jump Glitch in Crush's Dungeon, scroll to 6:50
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#2 Posted: 22:24:39 20/03/2013
Yeah, the Double Jump glitch can be used to reach out-of-bounds areas in a lot of levels. There used to be a few videos on YouTube showing off some of the oddities.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#3 Posted: 22:27:41 20/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: HIR
Yeah, the Double Jump glitch can be used to reach out-of-bounds areas in a lot of levels. There used to be a few videos on YouTube showing off some of the oddities.

It's pretty cool isn't it? Although, I wouldn't really want to abuse it. I think it would ruin the gameplay for me, I don't really like to cheat too much, but it would be nice to actually be able to get to an "out of bounds" area in the boss arenas, just to at least take a proper look around. You can "sort of" look around before you move on the spot, because as soon as Spyro's walks, the boss starts, did you notice that? Anyway, that would be what I would want to use it for. I'm wondering if I can do this technique on other Spyro games too. Probably not on Enter the Dragonfly, or A Hero's Tail, or any of the other later games, but maybe Spyro 3 & 1?
---
#4 Posted: 22:30:30 20/03/2013
No, this glitch was exclusive to Spyro 2. He got an actual double-jump in A Hero's Tail and the Legend trilogy. <.<;
---
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#5 Posted: 22:33:12 20/03/2013
You can't do it in any other games.

Spyro 1's movement felt fundamentally different (different jump arcs, slippier control, etc), so the double jump glitch didn't exist.

Spyro controls identically in Spyro 3 compared to 2, but they did fix the double jump glitch.

I thought it was a neat thing. It was cool for speed running and sequence breaking.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#6 Posted: 22:54:26 20/03/2013 | Topic Creator
No, this glitch was exclusive to Spyro 2. He got an actual double-jump in A Hero's Tail and the Legend trilogy. <.<;

Oh yeah, I forgot all about that. So the developers' must have taken note of it before?

Quote: sonicbrawler182
You can't do it in any other games.

Spyro 1's movement felt fundamentally different (different jump arcs, slippier control, etc), so the double jump glitch didn't exist.

Spyro controls identically in Spyro 3 compared to 2, but they did fix the double jump glitch.

I thought it was a neat thing. It was cool for speed running and sequence breaking.

I agree, Spyro does move differently in the first game compared to 2 and 3.

Hang on a minute, I'm pretty sure in the past I had seen someone perform this type of glitch before in a Let's Play in Spyro 3. I just didn't take much notice of it, but I remember now.

I just want to use it for the boss battles.
---
ThroneOfMalefor Platinum Sparx Gems: 5391
#7 Posted: 22:58:22 20/03/2013
In Gulp's Overlook, I used the glitch to get where those birds usually come out from, and it leads to a deep-in but useless corridor. You can also use it to stand next to Ripto! Flaming him is fun. smilie
---
BREATHE AIR.
#8 Posted: 22:59:34 20/03/2013
It's almost as if Insomniac knew about the bug, and just decided to leave it be for Spyro 2. @.@
---
#9 Posted: 23:31:01 20/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: ThroneOfMalefor
In Gulp's Overlook, I used the glitch to get where those birds usually come out from, and it leads to a deep-in but useless corridor. You can also use it to stand next to Ripto! Flaming him is fun. smilie

I wonder if you get the skill point for flaming Ripto that way, well, do you?

It's almost as if Insomniac knew about the bug, and just decided to leave it be for Spyro 2. @.@

Yeah, kind of like an easter egg that no one would have noticed at the time, but later on, people would come across it by a mistake of their own playing, if so, that's quite clever.
---
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#10 Posted: 23:42:19 20/03/2013
I remember when I discovered the Double-Jump Glitch, I didn't sleep in days trying to reach some higher and crazier areas smilie!!!
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7311
#11 Posted: 05:34:36 21/03/2013
I used this glitch in Glimmer and wandered along the boundary, also flying through the cave walls and watching some building parts disappear. XD
I haven't used it in the boss levels yet, but I want to try.
#12 Posted: 20:53:25 21/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyro-Gamer
I used this glitch in Glimmer and wandered along the boundary, also flying through the cave walls and watching some building parts disappear. smilie

I used it in Gulp's Overlook to get up on the outer ledges, it's kind of difficult to do because the camera seems to have a mind of it's own, anyway I went down the passage behind Spyro when you first start, and it leads around to a corner to a dead-end. And you can get across to Ripto on the other side, and when you stand next to him, he's double the size of Spyro, and you can flame him, and charge into him, he doesn't die, and you don't get the Skill Point for it either. I also used it on Fracture Hills for the outer ledges, and thinking there would be more grass on the other side, I continued to charge, and I was too late as Spyro just fell off the level and lost a life, there was nothing over there, just a little bit of grass, and then a big drop.
---
Neo_Mametchi Green Sparx Gems: 249
#13 Posted: 00:06:55 22/03/2013
I suck at the double jump, I got it to work once. But I do have a moon jump gameshark code, so I'm not sure why I even try the double jump. I never even thought about trying it in the boss levels, I think I'll try that tonight. I never even noticed where the birds came out in the battle with gulp.
Spyrobaby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4254
#14 Posted: 18:30:11 22/03/2013
I mainly use it in Colossus where you can get into the little hockey room thing
---
The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
Wojowu Yellow Sparx Gems: 1415
#15 Posted: 19:28:48 22/03/2013
I use it in Glimmer, because I want to unlock swimming in Summer Forest as quickly as I can, i.e. without going to another level earlier
---
Any Osu fan here?
#16 Posted: 19:56:31 22/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Wojowu
I use it in Glimmer, because I want to unlock swimming in Summer Forest as quickly as I can, i.e. without going to another level earlier

It's like cheating without cheating isn't it? lol, you're not using any cheat codes exactly. By the way, here's a tip I figured out just now, in Colossus with the Ice Hockey challenge if you want to score five goals without the other guy getting a goal to get the skill point, it does make it a tad easier when you have the infinite superflame from Dragon Shores, because then you can shoot at him from a far distance to stop him scoring a goal, but here's the actual tip, when you get the *thing* [forgotten what it's called, the pluck?] the thing you use to score, go over to the step where you jump out, but don't jump out, just stand on there, and aim for the goal, that's what I did, and I manged to get away with it, it makes it so easy then.
---
#17 Posted: 20:15:13 22/03/2013
Infinite superflame makes everything easier
---
The darkness only stays at nighttime, in the morning it'll fade away. Daylight's good at arriving at the right time, it's not always going to be this grey~
#18 Posted: 20:28:43 22/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Spyrobaby

Yeah, it does, but have you tried my trick on the challenge, where you can stand by the ledge, and just aim for the goal? The other guy don't seem to bother you too.
---
#19 Posted: 20:35:05 22/03/2013
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: Wojowu

It's like cheating without cheating isn't it? lol, you're not using any cheat codes exactly. By the way, here's a tip I figured out just now, in Colossus with the Ice Hockey challenge if you want to score five goals without the other guy getting a goal to get the skill point, it does make it a tad easier when you have the infinite superflame from Dragon Shores, because then you can shoot at him from a far distance to stop him scoring a goal, but here's the actual tip, when you get the *thing* [forgotten what it's called, the pluck?] the thing you use to score, go over to the step where you jump out, but don't jump out, just stand on there, and aim for the goal, that's what I did, and I manged to get away with it, it makes it so easy then.

Did you mean hockey puck? Anyway, I must try that trick out. This challenge isn't hard for me, getting skill point isn't big problem either, but this strategy seems worth trying
---
Any Osu fan here?
#20 Posted: 21:16:21 22/03/2013
Quote: Spyrobaby

Yeah, it does, but have you tried my trick on the challenge, where you can stand by the ledge, and just aim for the goal? The other guy don't seem to bother you too.

Yeah, it makes it so easy. And with Gulp. Literally just flame and flame and he's dead within seocnds.
---
#21 Posted: 22:20:00 22/03/2013
I used this glitch in Glimmer and wandered along the boundary, also flying through the cave walls and watching some building parts disappear. smilie

I used it in Gulp's Overlook to get up on the outer ledges, it's kind of difficult to do because the camera seems to have a mind of it's own, anyway I went down the passage behind Spyro when you first start, and it leads around to a corner to a dead-end. And you can get across to Ripto on the other side, and when you stand next to him, he's double the size of Spyro, and you can flame him, and charge into him, he doesn't die, and you don't get the Skill Point for it either. I also used it on Fracture Hills for the outer ledges, and thinking there would be more grass on the other side, I continued to charge, and I was too late as Spyro just fell off the level and lost a life, there was nothing over there, just a little bit of grass, and then a big drop.

I remember that I tried using the jump in Gulp's Overlook, but like you said the camera has a mind of it's own and I couldn't see where I was jumping to. I might try again when I play Spyro 2.
#22 Posted: 22:40:59 22/03/2013 | Topic Creator

I remember that I tried using the jump in Gulp's Overlook, but like you said the camera has a mind of it's own and I couldn't see where I was jumping to. I might try again when I play Spyro 2.

I have now figured a way for the camera to stop having a mind of it's own, if you can make it up onto the ledge, sometimes quickly pressing L2 and R2 will move the camera forward for a spilt second, anyway, when you get up onto the ledge behind Spyro, glide around to one of the windows on the left or right, and do the double jump out of the window, and then glide around to the middle of the arena underneath it, and Spyro sort of get's warped into the arena, you don't lose a life, and after that, the camera stops fixing on Gulp. But you have to do this first. When I first start, I move back to the ledge, and when Gulp comes after me, I charge round to where Ripto is, and then when he goes for me again, I charge as quick as I can back to the other side, and while Gulp is doing his moaning animation, I try and do the double jump up on the ledge, it seems to work for me then. While Gulp is busy moaning, you sort of have enough time to figure out how far you are from the ledge, and judge how you have to double jump, you still have to be quick if you don't want to get hit though. It would be an advantage if you want to get the skill point for Ripto if you have the superflame, you still have to glide around the outer ledges to get to him, because Spyro's superflame is out of range from the ledge you're on. And don't shoot at Gulp first, because then he'll fire those green bolt things, and then after that, he'll start picking the objects up, so it makes it more difficult to get up on the ledge, because they'll be too much going on at that point.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:42:32 22/03/2013 by SuperSpyroFan
#23 Posted: 23:01:04 22/03/2013
^Ok. I'll try do what you did next time I play. :3
#24 Posted: 12:11:50 23/03/2013
Search for SpyroGamer2008's glitch guide. One of glitches is about unlocking camera. It always works
---
Any Osu fan here?
#25 Posted: 20:05:23 23/03/2013 | Topic Creator
I just tried to do the double jump on Goonro 3, and it doesn't let me do it, Goonro just charges downwards quickly instead of boosting into the air. So Insomniac must have worked it out then.
---
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#26 Posted: 20:25:28 23/03/2013
^They fix that "Glitch"
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
#27 Posted: 20:47:29 23/03/2013
Unfortunatelly. It'd be awesome if it were in Spyro 3 too. So much possibilities, none of them possible smilie
---
Any Osu fan here?
#28 Posted: 05:09:28 25/03/2013
I played Spyro 2 on Sunday and went to Gulp's Overlook.
So before I moved, I moved the cameras, looking around. I saw a ledge behind me and a tunnel, one I had not noticed before. So I charged to the left, heading towards Ripto. Gulp followed and tried to body-slam me, but missed. I charged over to where Ripto was, turning the camera so I could see the ledge. Gulp was doing his moaning animation so I quickly charged over to where the ledge was. My camera kept turning which was annoying and I tried to double jump and I missed the ledge. Gulp ran over and body-slammed me while I was on the lava and I lost a life.
I tried again about 5 times but for some reason I couldn't jump up onto the ledge. I don't know if it was because I did the double jump wrong, I did the double jump from a bad angle (facing downwards instead of upwards) or if I'm jumping to the wrong ledge. I also tried jumping onto the ledge where Ripto was, but that didn't work either.
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#29 Posted: 14:17:11 25/04/2013
Yeah, you can have countless bonus hours of fun with the double jump. Thank God it was in this one.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me