Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Skylanders at McDonald's [CLOSED]
NinjiniXO Green Sparx Gems: 184
#1 Posted: 10:06:08 20/03/2013 | Topic Creator
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

this collection will include:
-Spyro
-Tree Rex
-Gill Grunt
-Kaos
-Crusher
-Chop Chop
-Drobot
-Jet Vac
-Ignitor

Usually, they run the promo for 6 weeks and have a new toy each week .
Canada and U.S.A. got the skylanders Giants in the happy meal , nowsmilie awesome , eh ?

THEY ARE FINALLY RELEASED ! Woo Hoo ! smilieDDD

U.S.A. & Canada
•January - February 2013: Transformers Prime & Hello Kitty
•February - March 2013: Barbie in The Pink Shoes & HEXBUG
•March - April 2013: The Croods
•April 11th : Skylanders Giants & Fijit Shimmies

Check The Happy Meal Website :
http://www.happymeal.com/en_US/index.html#/Toys

[User Posted Image]
It's simply a coupon for $10 off of the starter pack.

One question for you , what do you think about the skylanders at McDonalds ?
---
smilie s Page ----> https://www.facebook.com/pages...1841110?fref=ts & Also add me as friends on activate: NinjiniWish
Edited 16 times - Last edited at 22:57:39 12/04/2013 by NinjiniXO
EmperorKaos Emerald Sparx Gems: 4399
#2 Posted: 10:29:18 20/03/2013
how you now is the sidekicks can be just toys
wayiswho Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#3 Posted: 10:53:25 20/03/2013
I work part time at a McDonald's in Ohio while I go to school. I'll look into it more next time I work and report back on the dates and toys.
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#4 Posted: 11:19:00 20/03/2013
Hope it's not at McDonald's, I'm allergic to the canola oil they use as cooking spray. Can you buy the toys outright or do you have to get a meal?
mantez Emerald Sparx Gems: 3167
#5 Posted: 11:28:06 20/03/2013
Quote: TheBakonBitz
Hope it's not at McDonald's, I'm allergic to the canola oil they use as cooking spray. Can you buy the toys outright or do you have to get a meal?

I pretty sure you can just buy the toy. Would it really matter if you couldn't? Just buy the happy meal and give to homeless guy or bin it. What does a happy meal cost in the US anyway? Is it about $3? If the toys are sidekicks $3 is a small price to pay for a sidekick, especially when you consider what they would be worth on ebay.
---
Gullible is not in the dictionary.
cupraR300 Green Sparx Gems: 313
#6 Posted: 11:34:30 20/03/2013
no way thats pretty crap for us in the uk as scalppers will be running riot with this if it is the sidekicks
triggernut Emerald Sparx Gems: 3483
#7 Posted: 11:51:22 20/03/2013
^ Cupra, IF this promo is in the U.S. and it winds up being sidekicks I'll hook you up man. No need to worry bout scalpers.
Sivadreamer Gold Sparx Gems: 2821
#8 Posted: 11:53:50 20/03/2013
I'm guessing these will just be some sort of plastic toys like every other treat in Happy Meals. Although....that would be pretty stupid really as the concept behind Skylanders is the interaction with the game. Very interesting.
---
How many crystals should I buy VS how many will I buy!?
triggernut Emerald Sparx Gems: 3483
#9 Posted: 11:56:14 20/03/2013
^ I agree, I seriously doubt it'll be sidekicks. I could see them doing a small skylanders megablocks thing though. Mcdonalds used to have mini lego sets in happy meals from time to time when I was a kid.
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#10 Posted: 12:13:21 20/03/2013
I doubt it would be Sidekicks. there's no way they could keep enough in stock or manufacture for as cheap as McDs would need to include in a happy Meal
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
Shawn Blue Sparx Gems: 721
#11 Posted: 12:16:38 20/03/2013
Yeah knowing McD's, this has cheap plastic toy written all over it. We all should of known this was just a matter of time.
---
Where's me goats?
Shroomy_Boomy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1143
#12 Posted: 12:19:11 20/03/2013

No way, you can just buy the toys, it's just a couple bucks. I don't support McDonald's by principle and don't ever eat there (guess i'm not truly american, oh well! lol)- but I would go and buy one of each of the toys if they had them there.... UGH still dreading the thought of having to go through that Drive Thru....!! haha
---
67/67+GITD:smiliesmiliesmilieAEsmilie ROCKsmilie&smilieGLITTERsmilie&smilieSNOWsmilie

37/37+All Sidekix~WERDS~Blusmilie~Flockedsmilie~GITDsmilie~GREENsmilie~CLEARsmilie~CHROMEsmilie
scottiedog Blue Sparx Gems: 723
#13 Posted: 12:23:11 20/03/2013
http://www.mcdhappymealtoys.com/p/united-states.html#

You can sign up to get updates on toy releases
Tupelo Blue Sparx Gems: 825
#14 Posted: 12:27:56 20/03/2013
My prediction is they'll have key chains or something. not sidekicks
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3332
#15 Posted: 12:35:43 20/03/2013
I hope they don't have sidekicks, I rarely go to McDonald's as it is, but if they are sidekicks, I wouldnt mind going inside to just buy the toy, buuut I'd rather try and keep my 6-pack smilie
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#16 Posted: 12:41:08 20/03/2013
the hunt is on.... get ready to be a fattie smilie
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#17 Posted: 13:20:26 20/03/2013
WTF!?
JerkStore513 Green Sparx Gems: 195
#18 Posted: 13:27:15 20/03/2013
Not in the US. Go to happymeal.com, Croods toys are up next.
finnsllc Blue Sparx Gems: 902
#19 Posted: 13:28:16 20/03/2013

of course its at Mcdonalds!!! It says it on the box!!!
---
NEW JERSEY USA. Ok, go ahead, I've got popcorn now.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#20 Posted: 13:36:11 20/03/2013
I think it's hilarious some were offering this up as a joke a month or so ago. I knew it was going to happen eventually. Skylanders has officially jumped the shark lol.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:36:33 20/03/2013 by GhostRoaster
#21 Posted: 13:57:37 20/03/2013
I don't know if it can be considered jumping the shark just cause its at McDonald's... The whole Skylanders franchise is marketing. Making you buy toys for each character? Why not get more kids into it with the happy meals or build a good business partnership with McDonald's. I don't think this makes it go down hill.
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#22 Posted: 13:59:04 20/03/2013
Quote: JerkStore513

Umm.. this package is for the Croods toys. It says Croods all over the bottom of it. smilie
JerkStore513 Green Sparx Gems: 195
#23 Posted: 14:13:13 20/03/2013
Quote: UncleBob
Quote: JerkStore513

Umm.. this package is for the Croods toys. It says Croods all over the bottom of it. smilie

My bad chief, Canada must be a Happy Meal cycle ahead of us then.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#24 Posted: 14:15:13 20/03/2013
Quote: scottiedog
I don't know if it can be considered jumping the shark just cause its at McDonald's... The whole Skylanders franchise is marketing. Making you buy toys for each character? Why not get more kids into it with the happy meals or build a good business partnership with McDonald's. I don't think this makes it go down hill.

Maybe "critical mass" is in order. But once you reach the top, the roll-down will be coming. Let's call this the "Mature/Cash Cow" phase of the Skylanders venture.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Moondrake Yellow Sparx Gems: 1032
#25 Posted: 14:30:40 20/03/2013
Ugh. I try to keep my daughter away from McDonalds crap! I'll just go and buy the toys by themselves.

As for if they will be sidekicks, I really, really doubt they will be.

I can't wait to see which characters they will make into these toys though!
jjgames Green Sparx Gems: 403
#26 Posted: 14:36:03 20/03/2013
http://www.mcdhappymealtoys.com/p/united-states.html#

You can sign up to get updates on toy releases

You can usually buy the toys at McDonald's without buying the food. They don't advertise it much but I think they cost $3-4 per toy or something around there.
#27 Posted: 14:49:54 20/03/2013
You guys realize that you can eat the occasional junk/fast food and not have your entire body to go crap, right?

Don't get me wrong, I tend to avoid McDonald's as much as the next guy (except McRibs... those have LSD in them) - but a Happy Meal a week isn't going to give you a heart attack or triple your weight. Combine that Happy Meal with a regular workout routine and your body won't even notice it.
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#28 Posted: 14:59:37 20/03/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster

Maybe "critical mass" is in order. But once you reach the top, the roll-down will be coming. Let's call this the "Mature/Cash Cow" phase of the Skylanders venture.

you do realize tht Activision exists to make money. They don't exit to make cool games for you or to earn your respect for not wanting to earn money. They are a business and they have been trying to earn money from Skylanders from the first day Spyro's Adventure was released. Nothing has changed since then. Earning money is really not a bad thing.
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
#29 Posted: 15:05:32 20/03/2013
Quote: DragonsDream
Quote: GhostRoaster

you do realize tht Activision exists to make money. They don't exit to make cool games for you or to earn your respect for not wanting to earn money. They are a business and they have been trying to earn money from Skylanders from the first day Spyro's Adventure was released. Nothing has changed since then. Earning money is really not a bad thing.

True business. And they're method of getting that money is genius. Why not add another way to get money. I mean. They've already started to make products outside of video gaming. McDonald's is just another offshoot that I think is more practical than the a stupid dog tags
#30 Posted: 15:13:31 20/03/2013
In this thread: We make fun of young children for the way they look.

Stay Classy.
DocCroc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1668
#31 Posted: 15:14:42 20/03/2013
I'm perfectly fine with McDonald's. Some people are way too alarmist when it comes to their existence, and some of those same folks likely put far worse in their bodies on a daily basis.

Regarding the Skylanders happy meals, I like this better than the Frito promo. Though I'd be surprised if this actually contains sidekicks.
#32 Posted: 15:16:53 20/03/2013

Stay Classy.

...and this comes from the guy that say "McRibs... those have LSD in them".... there is nothing to make fun of here. over weight is a serious problem, and putting toys with junk food to lure kids to eat more. is not a good thing that is all i was trying to say. that is why i suggested evilbay....
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 15:22:41 20/03/2013 by kappapopm
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#33 Posted: 15:22:05 20/03/2013
I will be incredibly pissed off if polar is a happy meal exclusive.

I boycott McDonald's for treatment reasons, but I have a feeling these will just be little plastic thingies that do nothing.
#34 Posted: 15:25:17 20/03/2013
Quote: ZapNorris

I boycott McDonald's for treatment reasons, but I have a feeling these will just be little plastic thingies that do nothing.

if like last time and it will be ingames pets (we have seen these giant minis prototype) it will be very popular for sure....
#35 Posted: 15:27:21 20/03/2013
Quote: kappapopm

Stay Classy.

...and this comes from the guy that say "McRibs... those have LSD in them".... there is nothing to make fun of here. over weight is a serious problem, and putting toys with junk food to lure kids to eat more. is not a good thing that is all i was trying to say. that is why i suggested evilbay....

Joking that McRibs have LSD in them isn't anywhere on the scale of making fun of kids because they're fat.

If you want to say McDonald's food is unhealthy, that's one ball of wax. To post pictures of overweight kids on the internet for the purpose of ridicule is a totally different thing.

Between that and the fact you're using the term "evilbay", I can only assume that you're not very well developed anyway and I'm wasting my time explaining it to you.
#36 Posted: 15:32:24 20/03/2013
a guy that claim LSD usage is one that is not very well developed i would say... and by the way that photo is used in well known newspapers and internet sites, so no fun of others is intended here. as i already said it is a serious matter.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:37:26 20/03/2013 by kappapopm
#37 Posted: 15:40:25 20/03/2013
So... you weren't trying to use the overweight kids in the picture to make jokes when you posted your homemade photo with the "cute" caption (that you've since deleted)?

Seriously. You're equating a joke about the ingredients of a sandwich to making fun of fat kids. Those two things do not equate. Period.
#38 Posted: 16:05:22 20/03/2013
So... you weren't trying to use the overweight kids in the picture to make jokes when you posted your homemade photo with the "cute" caption (that you've since deleted)?

Seriously. You're equating a joke about the ingredients of a sandwich to making fun of fat kids. Those two things do not equate. Period.

seriously i have not made fun of any kids here, so i dunno what your on about. but since you talked about your drugs usage earlier, it must have affected you somewhat to think otherwise... so i'm not wasting my time explaining this to you yet again.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:07:16 20/03/2013 by kappapopm
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#39 Posted: 16:33:42 20/03/2013
I've collected things at McDonalds for a while now (mostly the pokemon toys)

Tips:
You can buy the toys separately but each store charges differently. They could be anywhere from 50 cents to $1.60.
Always make sure you go in if you're gonna buy separately. Its harder in the drive through for some reason.
Always be nice. They usually bring you the toys but if you're sweet they may let you look in the box/bin.

Hard to say what these will be but they'll probably just be plastic things. This would be a great way to release the sidekicks though so that everyone can get them easier. BK was originally supposed to have NFC Mario toys but this'd be the first time one was released. McDonalds has had electronic games from SEGA before so its not completely out of the realm of possibility just a bit unlikely.

Canada friends make sure you get on this!
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
WhirlwindDragon Green Sparx Gems: 407
#40 Posted: 16:43:55 20/03/2013
I hope this comes to the US as I'm excited for this! smilie
---
2/2 Stone Variants Zook and Whirlwind and Polar Whirlwind

I need Scarlet Ninjini
cupraR300 Green Sparx Gems: 313
#41 Posted: 17:18:03 20/03/2013

if like last time and it will be ingames pets (we have seen these giant minis prototype) it will be very popular for sure....

thing is though my few of my mates work at macdonalds here in the uk and its not the toys that get the kids addicted to them its the fact that they use a honey glaze on top of there buggers and stuff along with a few other littles secret ingrediants they use to get people craving more and more FACT
#42 Posted: 17:41:28 20/03/2013
Quote: cupraR300

thing is though my few of my mates work at macdonalds here in the uk and its not the toys that get the kids addicted to them its the fact that they use a honey glaze on top of there buggers and stuff along with a few other littles secret ingrediants they use to get people craving more and more FACT

i don't go to mcdonalds so i am not addicted, thank god. my dad grills burgers in the summer so i get the real deal.
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#43 Posted: 17:46:31 20/03/2013
LOL The prophecy has been fulfilled.
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#44 Posted: 17:59:56 20/03/2013
For USA it is The Croods in April. It is a movie that opens this Friday.

[User Posted Image]
Pyrofer Gold Sparx Gems: 2495
#45 Posted: 18:14:28 20/03/2013
It all comes down to cost/profit for Activision/McDonalds.

The NFC tag adds not a lot to the price, probably less than those music player ones they have done previously.
The toy obviously won't be very detailed (not normal Skylanders quality) but there is no reason it can't be an active Toy.

HOWEVER.
I doubt they would give away something they could sell for more. It all depends on the deal with McDonalds of course (which we will never know the details of) but they would need to have planned this in advance of making the game to have a dedicated toy just for this.
Otherwise it will be an "item"/sidekick/pet etc that they don't really sell separately.

Fingers crossed for an active toy, but don't hold your breath.

Especially as we have no confirmation they will come to other countries than the USA.
wayiswho Yellow Sparx Gems: 1259
#46 Posted: 18:23:44 20/03/2013
I was at work today and looked in the back at our newsletter and the Kroods are McD next toys so hopefully Skylanders is coming up after that.

I'm thinking that it won't be a sidekick or anything playable but a regular toy that will come with a special code to unlock items in the online game.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#47 Posted: 18:53:31 20/03/2013
I think we'll definitely get them next. If you look at the OP picture, the copyright at the bottom mentions The Croods, so they probably have that one currently.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
Loloichi Green Sparx Gems: 355
#48 Posted: 19:15:07 20/03/2013
I doubt it Sidekicks.

BUT, if they are.
I will be calling my little sister (who works there) and tell her to grab one of each for me. smilie
But I like their ice cream, so maybe I'll buy a toy with a little treat for me~ Oh la la!
---
I have a boxed Polar Whirlwind and a loose Scarlet Ninjijni to trade! Message me please! <3
skylanderkids Yellow Sparx Gems: 1999
#49 Posted: 19:30:28 20/03/2013
Is that photo a fake... or is my video perfect timing??
---
youtube.com/theskylanderboy
facebook.com/skylanderkids
Page 1 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me