Page 1 of 1
A little quest help [CLOSED]
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#1 Posted: 00:30:42 20/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Having been focusing Quests and Heroic challenges since Nightmare mode has been aggravating me considerably, I've found a few giving me strife.

Earth: Pushblock quest! Does anyone know a good spot for this?
Tech: Mage killing! It's likely just one you can get over time, but if anyone knows a quick/easy solution, I'd be mighty grateful.
Tree Rex's personal quest! Unintended pun, I'm pretty stumped! Anyone know a good/easy way to clear?
Flameslinger's personal quest: It's a little tricky to execute I find.... do you basically need the pyromancer path for it?
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#2 Posted: 00:34:47 20/03/2013
1. smilie's HC
2. Rumbletown
3. smilie's HC
4. Chompy Chomp-Down (HC that you buy from auric)
and yes, it will be easier on pyromancer.
---
you never saw me
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:35:38 20/03/2013 by I-Brawler
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#3 Posted: 00:39:11 20/03/2013
Pushblocks are easiest for me in Prism Break's Heroic. After killing the first spider, you encounter an area with a pushblock between two destroy-able boulders. There are tons of Drow Spearmen nearby on various paths, and they're more than happy to dive right in front of your pushblocks with minimal leading. Restart when you run out. Shroomboom's Heroic with the Chompies works as well.

Mage killing is best done in Sonic Boom's Heroic. In the first room-and-a-half, you find three of them. Beat them all and restart; it's super easy and goes by faster than any other method. Other viable locations are Cynder's Heroic and Chop Chop's.

Tree Rex's personal quest is easy if you have Bouncer's Heroic. In the room with the bounce pads, you can repeatedly stomp on Drow and Trolls to rack the kills up fast.

Flameslinger's has been easy for me in Terrafin's Heroic, but any with a large number of Chompies will work.
#4 Posted: 01:01:54 20/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Excellent! Thanks for your responses. I find the Kaos' Castle arena has a good supply of mages, but it's right at the end of the level.
I had a tricky time with landing on enemies with Tree Rex in Bouncer's HC, but for lack of better options.

I appreciate the feedback, and will soon (hopefully) have an army of gold rank characters, cheers!
---
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#5 Posted: 06:28:18 20/03/2013
So we've got:

1. Earth: Pushblock quest
  2. Tech: Mage killing
  3. Tree Rex's personal quest: Stomping on enemies
  4. Flameslinger's personal quest: Kill a bunch with Flame Dash

1) As people say, Shroomboom's HC. Note that the pushable turtles count for this. Just go to the three, position them in their line, lure chompies around the bouncy pad then run around the hedges to push the first two turtles. Also there are three pushblocks in this challenge with enemies positioned behind them, so you get three just by completing the HC. If you don't have Shroomboom's HC, I also found the Life Gate in Chapter 1: Time Of The Giants useful. After the Chompy Pit, bounce up the wall but don't exit, veer left to open the Life Gate. Push the turtle back into place, draw the chompies away from the ramp then go up the ramp. Drop off the turtle on the other side, push in, you'll get 2 to 4 towards the quest. Repeat. Usually the Root Runner keeps spitting out chompies long enough to complete this quest.

2) I think it's Chop Chop's HC, where you grab a key to choose between two gates, then grab a bunch of magic crystals before unlocking the other gate. There's like 6 mages in all, Restart Challenge when you have them all. If you don't have it, it's a bit longer, but do Chapter 3: Rumbletown. Go all the way to the Arena Challenge at the end, complete it until you're against Brock. DON'T KILL HIM. I think you need to damage him a little first, then he's joined by like 4 or 5 Life (Health Restore) mages. After a little while he gets another group of another 4 or 5. He gets 2 or 3 groups of these, a little tough to say when you can just kill him, when he's out of groups.

3) Unfortunately the only place I've found for this is Bouncer's Challenge, Blobber's Folly. I completed it there so I stopped looking, LOL! I hate suggesting areas people might not have access to, you know? I also do the Air challenge of defeating enemies in mid-air here.

4) With EVERY "kill a bunch at once" quest I go to the Chompy Pit, again on Chapter 1: Time Of The Giants. Walk around the edge of the pit, 10 chompies will end up following you. As you circle they bunch together, try it there. I had trouble doing this, as they'd catch up and start dying from the flame path before you complete the circle (pretty sure it's only the flame circle which satisfies this quest). So try to do it a little after passing one of the chompy holes, so the extinguished chompies can be replaced.

I eventually gave up on here and went to Chapter 2: Junkyard Isles. Just at the beginning blow open the first wall, then you have 3 Root Runners giving you candidates. If you return up the ramp to the bomb, you can draw the circle around the bomb and they'll be stuck on the ramp.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#6 Posted: 07:01:04 20/03/2013
When getting Tree Rex's quest done in Bouncer's HC, make sure you land on flat ground and not on bounce pads. It makes a huge difference, and enemies will gravitate towards you to be stomped pretty much on their own.
Terreneflame Blue Sparx Gems: 943
#7 Posted: 09:02:19 20/03/2013
Personally i do the pushblock one in the life zone int he first level, there is a chompie spawner next to a turtle, which you can push abck and forth to get about 20, then its easy to restart the level and head back- that way there is no worry about running out of time
#8 Posted: 21:54:46 21/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Whoops, totally missed one. The light beam one for Magic. Is the only source for that the Autocopter adventure?
---
Terreneflame Blue Sparx Gems: 943
#9 Posted: 21:55:58 21/03/2013
Yeah pretty much, fortunatly you can finish a skylander per level easily
#10 Posted: 22:06:55 21/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Excellent. Many thanks to all who posted here, I'm sure that everyone else knows what it took me far too long to discover (Cloud curse = Brilliant for food and whatnot), in any case, I'm well on my way to maxing out every quest.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me