Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Skylanders Clone and Corruption
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Clone and Corruption [CLOSED]
killercore007 Green Sparx Gems: 431
#1 Posted: 18:33:01 13/03/2013 | Topic Creator
I think this is the right place, if not, let me know.

This would basically be MY take for Skylanders 4. Figure wise, there's nothing new, however there's plenty of new in-game features to see.

-Upgradable Buildings:
As you progress through the main story, you earn new buildings, which can be upgraded to be more potent. Current list of buildings:

Bank: Yes, the bank, what everyone wants, lol. Higher bank levels allow for more gold and resource capacity(more on resources later).

Barracks: This is used to hire things like trolls, drow, chompies etc. for Epic Battles(Explained later). Higher barracks levels allow for more max troop capacity, better troop types, and boosted max skylander level(Can go up to 40 in this game)

Research Lab: This building is like the luck-o-tron in a small way in that it can increase chances for more health, gold etc. Is also used to make Epic battle troops better. Higher levels allow for more kinds of tech and higher max tech levels. All tech is paid for in gold.

-Resources: Besides gold, you can get resources from fallen enemies and breakable objects. Each resource has a rarity value, which makes it more or less likely to appear. Resources are used to upgrade buildings and pay for certain Epic battle troops.

-Epic Battles: Certain levels are Epic Battle levels, where, you fight a giant horde of enemies. Troops from the barracks are used here, but before you say why need them, here's why you do need them:
Troops give a power rating for each count. The high the enemy's power rating compared to yours, the more of a health and power buff they get. In epic battles, you are allowed only 1 skylander the entire level. However if that skylander falls, a timer will appear and when time is up, you'll reappear back at the home base. To win an epic battle, you must either defeat all of the enemies or destroy their main base.

-Clonelanders:
These are AI driven Skylanders that, through things called Duplipods, can be used by you or the enemy. To use these, you activate them with the action button, in which the pod will take a certain amount of essence, which in turn will spawn a copy of you. The copy will have the exact stats and upgrades as the one who activated the Duplipod, though it'll only have 1/3 of the remaining HP of the user.

While the copy is AI driven, you can switch control to it with the action button and vice versa. Just be careful as the original will basically stand and do nothing while you're in control of the copy. By pressing and holding the action button while using the copy, it'll stay in one spot until you switch back to it, although it'll defend itself if enemies get close enough to it.

This to and fro switching will be required for some puzzles in the game.

-Clonelander Storing:
Here you can save a copy of your currently in use figure to the console system itself. Doing so will allow making the Duplipods spawn the stored skylander instead of making an exact copy. The option for this can be toggled on and off.

-Skyland Terrors:
These are massive(think almost Conquertron sized, except the Tech one, which is nearly 2x the size, lol)monsters that ravaged Skylads even before the Arkyans. They were sealed away but somehow have been released to continue the rampage. There is one for each element and you must find each one's weakness in battle and banish it before they completely destroy Skylands.

Now, the Corruption part of the title spawns from the fact that the Core of Light is found being slowly corrupted and you must restore it before the awakened Skyland Terrors regain full power. Dark crystals are also forming around Skylands and are corrupting most who touch them. With Eon and Hugo's help, you gain immunity from it's corrupting powers and now you must help cleanse Skylands of the crystals.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:07:38 10/06/2013 by killercore007
#2 Posted: 12:00:11 16/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Hmm....guess this died before it even started.
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
#3 Posted: 13:48:54 07/04/2013
This section is EXTREMELY inactive. You may have to wait awhile for responses.
#4 Posted: 01:13:33 09/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: spyro and sonic

I see. Never thought it was that bad though, lol.
Maddoggy Green Sparx Gems: 293
#5 Posted: 21:39:52 20/04/2013
Great ideas too bad no one looking at it. ACTIVISION LISTEN TO THIS GUY!!!
---
My top 5 I own in no particular order. smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
#6 Posted: 20:48:29 23/04/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Maddoggy
Great ideas too bad no one looking at it. ACTIVISION LISTEN TO THIS GUY!!!

In general, nobody really ever listens to me so...
#7 Posted: 18:08:23 10/06/2013 | Topic Creator
Updated the first post.
Kariana Emerald Sparx Gems: 3057
#8 Posted: 02:06:33 11/06/2013
Quote: spyro and sonic

So true, it is sad actually.
---
KrazyKari.deviantart.com
jckelsall Blue Sparx Gems: 624
#9 Posted: 14:35:57 27/06/2013
I like everything about this but the cloning, I don't know why, but it just doesn't seem right.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#10 Posted: 07:38:04 30/06/2013
try putting this in a different section
NINJAsk11 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1124
#11 Posted: 11:25:03 30/06/2013
looks great
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me