Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > How's your connection when it comes to gaming?
Page 1 of 1
How's your connection when it comes to gaming? [CLOSED]
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#1 Posted: 03:05:24 06/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Do you have a smooth, high-speed, professional grade broadband? Or do you have a 1-bar every match?

My connection is okay (not bad considering I live in the middle of nowhere), but it is by no means the best in the world. I rarely lag when playing CoD, and when I do, it normally isn't that bad. I never lag when playing Assassin's Creed or Battlefield, so I guess my connection's alright. What about yours?
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#2 Posted: 03:23:59 06/03/2013
I'm not an online gamer.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#3 Posted: 03:49:54 06/03/2013
I can connect my PS3 via a very high-speed connection to the PlayStation Network. But I only use it to purchase PSN games. The Wi-Fi on campus blocks my 3DS, however. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
EyeofHans Blue Sparx Gems: 801
#4 Posted: 04:09:00 06/03/2013
Lag. Lag everywhere. I manage to get the worst connection rating in any game I play, ever.
---
I'm medicated how are you?
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#5 Posted: 06:30:06 06/03/2013
Depends. Playing L4D2 Versus, the ping can be 40 one minute, 300 the next.
---
self professed austGAYlian
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#6 Posted: 06:53:16 06/03/2013
I've got extremely good connection when it comes to online, the only exceptions are really TF2 occasionally and PS All Stars but with PS All Stars it's apparently a common problem.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#7 Posted: 09:56:48 06/03/2013
I don't play online.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
VespiDragon8 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6555
#8 Posted: 10:59:05 06/03/2013
My internet is normal. It's not a great connection, but at least kept so I can access the game online.
Normally my favorite console is the Xbox 360. So, there I have normal connection and there are days that the internet modem is fast.
Also with Steam Community, I have a good connection to play online.

Generally my internet modem is faster when there are not many other devices using it. Slows down whenever there is more and more connected devices. But never had a speed faster or better, has always been normal.
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3251
#9 Posted: 11:25:21 06/03/2013
Really, really bad connection -.-
spyro and sonic Diamond Sparx Gems: 8318
#10 Posted: 11:38:45 06/03/2013
Decent connection I guess, haven't played online enough to judge.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#11 Posted: 11:44:25 06/03/2013
I know my connection is crap in general as my router has terrible band width.

In regards to games though, it varies. Uncharted 3 and Journey play flawlessly for me online for example, and while Sonic 4 Episode 2 (PS3) would occasionally present me with hiccups and terrible lag, that was only because my partner lived extremely far away from me. I could play with most European and US players fine in that game, and the odd time, I got a good game with a Japanese player.
But then there are games that don't work consistently well. LittleBigPlanet 2 works well enough, though sometimes my friends can't connect to me, and the "Dive In" feature never works for me. PS All Stars actually worked better for me when it was released, but has become worse over time, while others claim to have the opposite experience. I can hardly get a game in Ranked or Quick Matches, and there are still plenty of people playing. And occasionally I have trouble connecting to friends...even in my own house. My brother and my friend own the game on PS Vita, while I own it on PS3. When they want to play with me, they connect to me over PSN even when we are all under my roof, so they can play from their Vita systems and with their own customisations in tact. Yet, even under the same roof, we have problems sometimes. There are occasions where I invite both of them to play, but one of them keeps failing to connect.

My brother's PS Vita works well almost consistently, and when he plays random matches online in PS All Stars, he doesn't find it as hard to get a game as I do and I have tried it out for myself too.

My 3DS has given me no problems. The only game I have to play online in is Sonic Generations, and I rarely had laggy matches in that. And general online features work fine.

My Wii U however, has given me so much trouble. The Internet Browser works fine, wonderfully even. The only game I have tried to play online is Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, but I've only had 2 or 3 good matches online, no more than that. And I just struggle to get connected to the servers in general. The game is being patched soon...

...but I doubt it will change anything for me. Every other online application on my Wii U will not work consistently at all (Nintendo eShop, Miiverse, etc). I have heard others have this problem, even people with a high connection speed. But I think my router just doesn't agree with my Wii U. Maybe it will be fixed in upcoming system updates that are on their way soon, but it might not. Downloads also constantly stop and continue for me on my Wii U.

That was a longer post than it needed to be.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
SonicGX98 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1306
#12 Posted: 13:12:37 06/03/2013
Quote: arceustheprime
I've got extremely good connection when it comes to online, the only exceptions are really TF2 occasionally and PS All Stars but with PS All Stars it's apparently a common problem.

THIS.
---
His name was Lee. He taught me how to survive. He's the reason I keep my hair short.
Mood: smilie Yellow Sparx....Wish I was able to still be blue
InsomDog Platinum Sparx Gems: 6823
#13 Posted: 15:03:11 06/03/2013
I don't play online games anymore and the reason for this is because of my current broadband.

Right now, I have a Three's Mobile Broadband which consists of a USB stick that is plugged in my laptop. To get access to the PlayStation Network I need to connect a Ethernet cable between my laptop and my PlayStation 3.

I can connect to the Network just fine but it's kinda slow and laggy. Downloads are extremely slow. I needed to download a 2GB sized LittleBigPlanet 2 update so I could play the user created levels and it took over 6 hours to download.

I miss Wi-Fi.
Apoc Gold Sparx Gems: 2941
#14 Posted: 15:33:24 06/03/2013
It can play Dota and EVE fairly well. So it's pretty decent, I also get around 42ms on TF2. The only problem is it might drop packets every now and then.
---
DarkSpyro's resident "cool person" except there's nothing cool about me.
I've been here since god knows when and ask any old heads about me.
#15 Posted: 05:22:52 10/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Word to the wise; Never use public Wifi for gaming.
Gem-A-Knight Yellow Sparx Gems: 1644
#16 Posted: 07:27:14 10/03/2013
Excellent! The only game I ever have trouble on at all is Super Smash Bros, but even then it doesn't happen too often. I play online a lot too.
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#17 Posted: 07:31:04 10/03/2013
Excellent WiFi, however it lags all of the time...?

how the **** does this work now
---
cry baby, I am
bonbonsalad Gold Sparx Gems: 2212
#18 Posted: 16:12:03 10/03/2013
Quote: sonicbrawler182
My Wii U however, has given me so much trouble. The Internet Browser works fine, wonderfully even. The only game I have tried to play online is Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed, but I've only had 2 or 3 good matches online, no more than that. And I just struggle to get connected to the servers in general. The game is being patched soon...

...but I doubt it will change anything for me. Every other online application on my Wii U will not work consistently at all (Nintendo eShop, Miiverse, etc). I have heard others have this problem, even people with a high connection speed. But I think my router just doesn't agree with my Wii U. Maybe it will be fixed in upcoming system updates that are on their way soon, but it might not. Downloads also constantly stop and continue for me on my Wii U.

I experience similar problems with mine. I read that one person moved his Wii U close to his router after being suggested to do it by Nintendo, it worked fine. I did the same, and I too had no problems. I also hope that the upcoming system updates will fix the problems. In regards to the original question, I have pretty high speed internet, and my 3DS connects perfectly.
---
Gargoyles to the rescue!
Cynder_fan Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#19 Posted: 21:09:43 10/03/2013
Very good, but then we do have fibre-optic broadband.
---
Local technician who comes up with rediculous ideas
SpyroGirlCazy Emerald Sparx Gems: 4436
#20 Posted: 21:20:41 10/03/2013
Smooth and I always have a good connection. Which is important to me, I always online game these days.
#21 Posted: 22:35:17 10/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: WUMBOSIMPSON
Excellent WiFi, however it lags all of the time...?

how the **** does this work now

Probably because too many people are sharing it. Do you live in a crowded neighborhood? If so, that's the problem.

I live in a VERY rural area, and we have few neighbors. The ones we do have possess their own personal WiFi, so my connection is good because we're the only ones using it.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me