Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Wrecking Ball is overrated. [CLOSED]
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#1 Posted: 20:39:37 03/03/2013 | Topic Creator
He's overall the weakest Skylander but yet a lot of people on here think he's the best.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#2 Posted: 20:44:59 03/03/2013
Well, his Wow Pow is pretty awesome looking, and it gives him much more power.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#3 Posted: 20:50:14 03/03/2013
Quote: ClayFace
He's overall the weakest Skylander but yet a lot of people on here think he's the best.

He is the best.
---
#4 Posted: 20:50:54 03/03/2013 | Topic Creator
^ You are one of the many people who overrate him.
wreckingballbob Emerald Sparx Gems: 4565
#5 Posted: 20:53:16 03/03/2013

But he is the best.
---
paddyfitz Gold Sparx Gems: 2242
#6 Posted: 21:38:32 03/03/2013

Have you ever thought of upgrading him or doing heroic challenges as him?
---
Black lives matter, love is love, trans men are men and trans women are women!!!
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#7 Posted: 22:06:42 03/03/2013
Seriously?
Ultimate Spinner is a freakin BEAST.
He's not a Skylander who is instantly powerful if that's what you were looking for.
I used to think he was the worst but I played him a lot more in Battle and now he's one of my favourites. He's unexpectedly powerful when you learn to handle his attacks, aim the roll, and burp at the correct times.

Besides, why does a Skylander being weak seem to translate to them sucking? Some of the characters I enjoy playing most are considered really weak. Everyone hates Frozen Fury because she isn't as powerful as Ice Lancer but I LIKE that because it means you need to use more strategy with her. Chop Chop, Dark Spyro and Warnado are my top three characters in Spyro's Adventure.

Besides, if anyone deserves to be overrated today, it's HIM(or Shroomboom), because he was huuuuugely ignored during Spyro's Adventure and even had several hate topics geared towards him. So I give my hats off to Wrecking Ball for becoming beloved and successful now, something no other Skylander deserves any more than him. Ya wanna see overrated, go and see Eye-Brawl and Hot Dog, (IMO) boring to play characters that have huge fandoms anyway.
I wish that every Skylander had equal fandoms but instead you have some people saying that characters are overrated, then you have ones that are actually overrated, and the rest are completely ignored and underrated. And anyway, that's shifting all the time.

Next game the Eye and Dog fandoms will lay silent and two more will dominate. It's the same with all the Skylanders fan clubs... I remember when Sprocket had a small burst of popularity and that was short lived, and I like her. And I don't like Hot Dog or Eye-Brawl but I know that they won't stay overrated forever so I just live with it. Steel with it if you will.

Now can we get some Shroom fans over here? smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:11:43 03/03/2013 by GamingMaster_76
Ash Starkindle Gold Sparx Gems: 2625
#8 Posted: 23:25:55 03/03/2013
Quote: wreckingballbob

But he is the best.

I agree that he is awesome, but I have about 5-7 characters (Not including Giants) that are stronger.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:26:04 03/03/2013 by Ash Starkindle
LightSpyro13 Blue Sparx Gems: 861
#9 Posted: 23:43:26 03/03/2013
Even though I despise him too, he is anything but overrated. I understand that you do not like him, but he is not popular. I know TONS who hate him a lot is one of the least popular figures gameplay-wise (though some like him for being cute). I hate him, so there's another person to add to his long list of DOOOOOOOM!!!! Voodood is also unpopular, but Wrecking Ball was more common in stores and looked better so no one bought Voodood that much.

Camo is a REAL example of overratedness (Stealth Elf too). Yes I'm well aware that some people hate him and he did not get a series 2 figure, but the reason is due to being so highly overrated. Despite his immense popularity, he was one of the last figures to be released in the SA waves and was very rare, thus he did not achieve a lot of sales and didn't make an S2 (only reason why).
---
Fins, of fury!
#10 Posted: 00:53:53 04/03/2013 | Topic Creator
It's just there are a lot of users that overrate him. Most people act like me, but everyone that doesn't thinks he's the best.
Same with Hex really. People don't talk about her much but everyone that does thinks she's the best Skylander.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#11 Posted: 00:57:22 04/03/2013
I consider these "skylanders stink" threads akin to when I see Ash unable to handle his new Pokemon.

So, perhaps if you learn the strengths and weakness of your skylander, you'd be able to handle him more effectively.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#12 Posted: 02:00:24 04/03/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster
I consider these "skylanders stink" threads akin to when I see Ash unable to handle his new Pokemon.

So, perhaps if you learn the strengths and weakness of your skylander, you'd be able to handle him more effectively.

^This is whats the difference between pro gamer and a noob. Good analogy and the essense that I was about to say is in it.
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#13 Posted: 02:43:33 04/03/2013
I'm pretty unimpressed by Hot Dog, personally, but I see so many people mentioning him in the same breath as the real powerhouses of the game. He does fine, but Ignitor (or even Eruptor) he ain't.
#14 Posted: 02:52:28 04/03/2013
^ Whaddaya talking about? He's AWESOME!! His only drawbacks are his average speed, below-average health, and extremely low armor. Otherwise he'd probably be borderline OP on Burning Bow Wow! or at least kinda close.

May not be the best fire guy, but better than Sunburp at least.
---
Fins, of fury!
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#15 Posted: 03:13:40 04/03/2013
Sunburn is at least better than any of your faves, honey! xxxo Keep reachin'

And Wrecking Ball's wow pow being a disco ball makes him fantastic. 'Nuff Said.
#16 Posted: 05:03:58 04/03/2013
You mean SunBURP who inferior to every one of my favorites in every possible way.
---
Fins, of fury!
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#17 Posted: 05:18:25 04/03/2013
Your avatar makes it clear you rep Gil Grunt, your opinion is invalid. Stay pressed. xxxo *hair flip*
CrunchyNums Red Sparx Gems: 53
#18 Posted: 17:59:29 04/03/2013
Quote: GamingMaster_76
Seriously?
He's not a Skylander who is instantly powerful if that's what you were looking for.
I used to think he was the worst but I played him a lot more in Battle and now he's one of my favourites.

This is actually how I was with a few skylanders, thinking they were crap because they weren't AUTO-POWERFUL. I hated a few at first-play (Flameslinger, Voodood, and Ghost Roaster for example) but once I worked with them and found a groove, they became huge favorites. That's what I love about skylanders, really. All these characters have subtly different play styles. Having to adapt from one character to another on the fly is an excellent exercise for the brain.

On Topic: Wrecking Ball applies to this because you have to find a way to get comfortable with using him. He's a lot of fun once you give him a chance smilie
---
Delicious, but not very nutritious.
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#19 Posted: 19:01:31 04/03/2013
Quote: GamingMaster_76
Seriously?
I used to think he was the worst but I played him a lot more in Battle and now he's one of my favourites. He's unexpectedly powerful when you learn to handle his attacks, aim the roll, and burp at the correct times.

Besides, why does a Skylander being weak seem to translate to them sucking? Some of the characters I enjoy playing most are considered really weak. Everyone hates Frozen Fury because she isn't as powerful as Ice Lancer but I LIKE that because it means you need to use more strategy with her. Chop Chop, Dark Spyro and Warnado are my top three characters in Spyro's Adventure.

Besides, if anyone deserves to be overrated today, it's HIM(or Shroomboom), because he was huuuuugely ignored during Spyro's Adventure and even had several hate topics geared towards him. So I give my hats off to Wrecking Ball for becoming beloved and successful now, something no other Skylander deserves any more than him. Ya wanna see overrated, go and see Eye-Brawl and Hot Dog, (IMO) boring to play characters that have huge fandoms anyway.
I wish that every Skylander had equal fandoms but instead you have some people saying that characters are overrated, then you have ones that are actually overrated, and the rest are completely ignored and underrated. And anyway, that's shifting all the time.

Next game the Eye and Dog fandoms will lay silent and two more will dominate. It's the same with all the Skylanders fan clubs... I remember when Sprocket had a small burst of popularity and that was short lived, and I like her. And I don't like Hot Dog or Eye-Brawl but I know that they won't stay overrated forever so I just live with it. Steel with it if you will.

Now can we get some Shroom fans over here? smilie

Quote: GhostRoaster

*Claps*I love both of you right now.smilie is amazing down US and I have beat many experienced PVPers with him as well as do a complete run with him on nightmare in giants but no 100% but yeah.smilie gets most of his fandom from cuteness but not from his power.He and some other are amazing when fully upgraded but they take some time.I recommend playing PVP by your self and turn on an other remote and test how well you can control smilie by using the other skylander as a target and but him somewhere different every time.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#20 Posted: 01:13:14 06/03/2013
Wreaking Ball is the 2nd weakest link in he Magic element, with the worst being Double Trouble. He just doesn't look very creative. But personally I would trade him wi a Series 2 Voodood any day.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
SilverWolf1129 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1857
#21 Posted: 01:49:48 06/03/2013
Quote: ninja9351
Wreaking Ball is the 2nd weakest link in he Magic element, with the worst being Double Trouble. He just doesn't look very creative. But personally I would trade him wi a Series 2 Voodood any day.

Whoa whoa whoa! smilie is a BEAST with the staff path. He is also still amazing with the tiki copies path. I don't know what the fudge you're talkin' bout.
---
It begins with them. But ends, with me. Their son. Vaxus.
Tempest Yellow Sparx Gems: 1807
#22 Posted: 06:02:34 06/03/2013
I think it all depends on a person's opinion, which console they have, and how they play each character. They are after all, different, and like Ghost Roaster was terrible on the Wii, I still thought he was awesome, but many would disagree. I'm not saying Wrecking Ball sucks or anything, because my little sister loves him, and it's because she thinks he's cute. There are so many different reasons to like different Skylanders, and I think it really boils down to how well your gameplay flows with each character, and whether you are successful or not with them while playing the game.
pigman50 Green Sparx Gems: 294
#23 Posted: 21:45:53 06/03/2013
I personally think Wrecking Ball is severely underrated and a serious melee killer in battle mode.
---
AoSTH quote of the week:
Quote: Sonic (At Robotnik)
Well this is a switch! A whale carrying a harpoon!

Swag Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#24 Posted: 22:37:36 06/03/2013
The amount of ignorance in this post is just horrible. Wrecking Ball IS the best.
---
I'm Childish
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#25 Posted: 22:38:16 06/03/2013
smilie is neither under nor overrated
---
you never saw me
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#26 Posted: 22:41:32 06/03/2013
where are these ratings that people keep complaining about anyway? is there like a Rotten Tomatoes for Skylanders somewhere that I don't know about?
"65% of critics give Wrecking Ball a thumbs up!"
I'm confused....
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#27 Posted: 16:28:12 07/03/2013

Stealth Elf and all the dragons except Zap would like a word with you
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#28 Posted: 16:40:34 07/03/2013
this thread is totally overrated too..
happy81555 Green Sparx Gems: 175
#29 Posted: 16:54:52 07/03/2013
on Ultimate Spinner he's boss and he's really cute.
---
im randon, deal with it! smilie
smilievolts and lightning!smilie smilie
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#30 Posted: 19:53:52 07/03/2013
Mine is fully upgraded and he is still the weakest by far. The ball form is weak and impossible to control. Tongue attack is slow and weak.
paddyfitz Gold Sparx Gems: 2242
#31 Posted: 19:56:52 07/03/2013
Quote: Zing
Mine is fully upgraded and he is still the weakest by far. The ball form is weak and impossible to control. Tongue attack is slow and weak.

Which path did you choose
---
Black lives matter, love is love, trans men are men and trans women are women!!!
pigman50 Green Sparx Gems: 294
#32 Posted: 21:13:51 07/03/2013
Quote: Zing

If you chose Total Tongue as his path, reset him and pick Ultimate Spinner.

If you chose Ultimate Spinner, then "impossible to control" is an enormous exaggeration of a move that can simply be difficult to execute properly. 61 damage is not "weak" and after a short time playing as the character you should have gotten used to controlling the forcefield ball attack, a feat that when pulled off can provide Wrecking Ball with a melee crushing asset for PvP and PvE.
---
AoSTH quote of the week:
Quote: Sonic (At Robotnik)
Well this is a switch! A whale carrying a harpoon!

Swag Gold Sparx Gems: 2435
#33 Posted: 22:33:00 07/03/2013
Hit em with your force ball then burp immediately its over 100 damage without taking a hit
---
I'm Childish
#34 Posted: 01:05:33 08/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Tell you what guys, I get what you were saying and I took S2 Wrecking Ball down Ultimate Spinner (I got him today and my S1 was on Total Tongue) and he's much better.
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#35 Posted: 05:13:26 08/03/2013
How much damage is he doing with his WOW-POW.
---
i am trash
azz01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#36 Posted: 14:04:03 08/03/2013
Tell you what guys, I get what you were saying and I took S2 Wrecking Ball down Ultimate Spinner (I got him today and my S1 was on Total Tongue) and he's much better.

Now you know the strength of smilie.Good for you.
---
Call me the penguin man for that is who I am. Also stan LOOΠΔ!
#37 Posted: 14:09:17 08/03/2013
now there is no more use for this topic
---
you never saw me
#38 Posted: 20:06:23 08/03/2013 | Topic Creator
But I still think he has too much fans.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#39 Posted: 20:30:27 08/03/2013
He has too much haters as well.
#40 Posted: 23:21:28 08/03/2013
why??
---
you never saw me
slambam104 Gold Sparx Gems: 2464
#41 Posted: 21:29:16 09/03/2013
I feel like Wrecking ball is underated in a way.
shadow_jason Red Sparx Gems: 67
#42 Posted: 21:54:06 09/03/2013
Quote: slambam104
I feel like Wrecking ball is underated in a way.

I agree. Actually I prefer Total Tongue more than Ultimate Spinner too.
---
smilie smilie I finally got him!
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#43 Posted: 03:46:10 10/03/2013
Quote: Takadox360
How much damage is he doing with his WOW-POW.

No path or Total Tongue: 55

Ultimate Spinner: 77
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#44 Posted: 12:10:57 14/03/2013
O gosh! Camo all over again! I admit hes overrated but, he is very glichy but powerful down ultimate spinner
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#45 Posted: 13:46:05 14/03/2013
Another ''is overrated'' topic -.-
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#46 Posted: 02:51:20 15/03/2013
I like wrecking ball. He's definitely not the worst. Besides, there is no "worst" character, as each person has different bias.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Loloichi Green Sparx Gems: 355
#47 Posted: 05:18:52 15/03/2013
NO YOU'RE OVERRATED!

It's only overrated if you think he is overrated.

I think he is cute.
I like it when he uses is tongue attack and his eyes go like, reversed cross eyed.
So cutee!
So derpy!
Not my favourite though~
---
I have a boxed Polar Whirlwind and a loose Scarlet Ninjijni to trade! Message me please! <3
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#48 Posted: 07:49:45 15/03/2013
Quote: Kevin16

^this

any "______ is overrated" statement generally means "Every else thinks _____ is great but I don't know how to use him properly so he sucks for me, probably because I can't mindlessly spam one overpowering skill"
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
PinkWater Yellow Sparx Gems: 1059
#49 Posted: 05:27:49 16/03/2013
Quote: DragonsDream
Quote: Kevin16

^this

any "______ is overrated" statement generally means "Every else thinks _____ is great but I don't know how to use him properly so he sucks for me, probably because I can't mindlessly spam one overpowering skill"

Then call it "Why is ______ so popular?" or something. This is just silly
---
CILAN IS THE SEXIEST MAN ALIVE.

I DARE YOU TO PROVE ME WRONG! ...Actually don't. I'm quite biased.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#50 Posted: 21:17:51 16/03/2013
Quote: Loloichi
NO YOU'RE OVERRATED!

It's only overrated if you think he is overrated.

I think he is cute.
I like it when he uses is tongue attack and his eyes go like, reversed cross eyed.
So cutee!
So derpy!
Not my favourite though~

And the forcefield ball is much easier to control than people generally say.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me