Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > Role Play > Beyond the Reserve (Mythical Creatures)
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4
Beyond the Reserve (Mythical Creatures) [CLOSED]
BlinktheCookie Emerald Sparx Gems: 3556
#1 Posted: 02:34:33 02/03/2013 | Topic Creator
The Etheira Forest has been off-limits to the public since before it was even referred to using a name. Nobody really asks, or cares why. Obviously, it's either too densely populated by dangerous predators or there's some sort of sceintific expedition or government drilling project.
Nobody really cares...

except for the many varieties of mythical creatures that populate it.

As society advanced, myths, legends, and magic receded into small, secluded areas. The Etheira Forest Reservation was one of those areas, a refuge where creatures of all cultures came together to keep magic alive and hidden in a growing world.

Lately, the magic has been fading from the forest's edges, and it's citizens fear that it will continue to recede inward. Some creatures are being sent outside, into the modern world, to track down the source of the magic loss.

You are one of those creatures. You have been schooled in basic human culture by some creatures who have ventured out and studied the human world before. You have been provided human clothes and a plan for when you leave. It has been left up to you to create your own human identity.

It is the day before your departure. You have just woken up and you will be attending the departure celebration this evening. You will be sent to a large city within six walking hours of the forest. You will be allowed to visit the reservation occasionally, if you care to make the journey.

-

Rules:
1. The Basics: No Godmodding, I'm the GM, use proper grammar, and no Mary frikkin Sues.

2. You can be any valid mythological creature. Just try to be accurate, and I don't want a million dragons or really anything running around. In other words, variety is desirable.

3. Keep it to three characters if you can.

4. Don't be a one-liner.

5. You can be a human too, if you'd like, and get mixed up in the plight of these mythological creatures. Just so you know.

6. I'm allowed to deny your character or ask you to change some aspects.

7. Keep romance PG-13.

8. I will be controlling some minor characters aswell as my main ones. Users are allowed to do this too, but only to minor humans, such as store clerks, random pedestrians, ect.

9. There might not be much fighting in this RP, so it's not necessary to load you character down with weapons.

10. Any human characters of yours must be simple humans who have yet to encounter a mythical creature. You must PM me for special permission to play as a human who has knowledge of the forest or magic.

-

Character sheet:

Name:
*Human Name: (if not human)
Species:
Appearance: (picture or description)
*Human Appearance: (if your character has a human form, describe it, if it is simply covering certain features with clothing, describe what clothing)
*Personality: (You may describe your character's personality or allow it to develop as the story progresses)
*Bio: (a brief summary of your character's life, in case your character has experienced a noteworthy event)
Noteworthy Possessions: (anything your character will be carrying with them that should be known about)

-

Character List:

My Characters:

Daecirin/Dacie- Sidhe (fairy)

Ranir/Wren- Naga

Bird- Human

stealthelfrocks:

Nyana/Nadaleen- Nekomata

Spyro-Gamer:

Alessia/Ali- Neko

shorty:

Kaida- Fairy Dragon

Ryune- Pseudodragon

Cinder Lover:

Libra- Unileopard (Unicorn/Leopard)

Dragon-outcast:

Saritu- Kyarin (Aliwolf)
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 01:22:10 04/03/2013 by BlinktheCookie
#2 Posted: 03:31:37 02/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Name: Daecirin
*Human Name: Dacie Carthwright
Species: Sidhe (Celtic fairie)
Appearance: About the size and build of a very petite human. Long, dark brown hair with bright pink tips. Transparent pink wings and antannea. Wears a green dress, as green is the preferred fairie color
*Human Appearance: Essentially the same, but with hair tied back, wearing cargo pants and with wings folded and hidden under a green hoodie and antannea hidden by a brown fedora

Name: Ranir
*Human Name: Wren Mckinley
Species: Naga
Appearance: A tall, lean, creature who is human from the waist up, and serpent from the waist down. His human half is muscular with caramel skin, long, black hair, pointed ears, and two olive green horns protruding from behind them. His serpent half is thick, olive green, with a cream underbelly.
*Human Appearance: His human form obviously lacks horns, pointed ears, and has legs instead of a serpent body. He has been given faded jeans, and a sweater.
*Personality: Benign, friendly, laid-back. The rest is still developing...

Name: Barbara "Bird" O'Ryan
Species: Human
Appearance: Pale, average hieght, semi-muscular with a large Celtic tattoo on her back. Her hair is black and comes only down to the tips of her ears. Wears faded jeans and a tank top.
*Bio: Bird's parents had discovered the forest and it's creatures in their youth, and agreed to keep it's secrets and be the forest's informants on the status of the outside world. They educated their daughter in mythology, and now she too acts as a sort of a correspondance agent, while her parents have retired.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:04:44 02/03/2013 by BlinktheCookie
Stealthelfrocks Yellow Sparx Gems: 1235
#3 Posted: 04:20:02 02/03/2013
Name: Nyana
*Human Name: Nadaleen kono
Species: nekomata (twin tailed monster cat from japanese folklore)
Appearance: a golden and red tabby with mythical swirled red stripes, and two thick furred cat tails. slim, and when standing on her hind legs, she can reach about the same height of a human.
*Human Appearance: long golden red hair, and wears a gold tanktop with a brown sweater, and blue bootcut jeans
*Personality: moody, honest, loyal, but stubborn. intelligent and still has an evil side to her.
*Bio: as all normal nekomata, she was born a normal house cat. it was when she was young, and was walking through a dark alleyway, when some of the darkness gave her the powers of a bakeneko (monster cat). she killed her own human, and took her form away from the town. her tail split when she came to the forest, and stayed there until now
---
well guys..... took me a while.... but i might still hang around.... dont know..... but.... I loved the moment while it lasted smilie
#4 Posted: 04:21:26 02/03/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Accepted.
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7301
#5 Posted: 05:25:53 02/03/2013
OOC: Can my character be a girl with cat features? Like tail and ears?
#6 Posted: 05:31:07 02/03/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: I suppose. I've heard those called a "neko" so I guess they count as mythological creatures.
#7 Posted: 05:39:24 02/03/2013
OOC: Yeah, a neko. Thanks.

Name: Alessia
*Human Name: Ally Holland
Species: Neko (cat)
Appearance: Long pale blonde hair, grey cat ears, grey tail, black dress.
*Human Appearance: Pretty much the same, but hides her ears with blue headband and hides her tail under her dress. Wears blue leggings and black boots.
*Personality: She's a little timid, but opens up after a while. She's honest and can be moody at times. She's usually quite cheerful. She can run very fast.
*Bio: She was a normal human, but one morning she woke up with ears and a tail. Her parents were very concerned, so Alessia ran away from home, scared that they would send her to a lab to get her tested or something. She's lived in the forest ever since.
Noteworthy Possessions: N/A
#8 Posted: 05:42:31 02/03/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: The idea of creatures that originally came from outside of the forest is a good one, considering that it provides characters who are capable of offering guidance. I don't need too many though, so I'me going to cut it off at you and stealthelfrocks.
#9 Posted: 05:43:42 02/03/2013
OOC: Ok. So, I'm accepted? :3
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:43:59 02/03/2013 by Spyro-Gamer
#10 Posted: 05:43:56 02/03/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Yes smilie
#11 Posted: 05:44:10 02/03/2013
OOC: Thanks. :3
#12 Posted: 06:00:37 02/03/2013
ooc: two cat based creatures now
---
well guys..... took me a while.... but i might still hang around.... dont know..... but.... I loved the moment while it lasted smilie
#13 Posted: 06:01:50 02/03/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: And here I was, thinking people would overload this RP with dragons.
#14 Posted: 06:20:05 02/03/2013
ooc: for some originality i put nekomata, and i think thats what might of started it off
---
#15 Posted: 07:54:20 02/03/2013
ooc: yay! dragons!
---
CinderLover Emerald Sparx Gems: 3924
#16 Posted: 00:49:03 03/03/2013
Name: Libra
Human Name: Libra
Age: specific age is unknown, but she's still just growing out of being a filly
Species: Unileopard (Unicorn/Leopard hybrid)
Appearance: Here are a couple of pictures...+one more of her in tack.
Personality: In public and around strangers, Libra is quiet, polite, reserved, and just tries not to get in the way. Around friends, however, she's a huge ball of energy just ready to burst into random, funny things. her curiosity is without end, and she will probably get into trouble due to not understanding a lot of things. She's also not the smartest, but also not exceedingly stupid.
Bio: Libra's parents, like all adult Unileopards, birthed her in a separate dimension where all is peaceful. She grew up on stretches of colorful land with magic sprites all around. She even made a game of trying to pounce on the little glowing balls of light, which eventually got her horn working with magic. Once she'd matured some, her parents opened the portal out into this world, telling her to “go and learn the ways of a truly hostile environment.” She's made some friends here and there, but she's still trying to figure out the whole “speaking” thing. Instead of verbally speaking, she usually uses telepathy. But if needed, she can say a handful words, such as “help”, “yes”, and “no.”
(Libra may be a bit confused by some things, for she's still a little “new” to this world. Just a warning.)
Noteworthy Possessions: none
#17 Posted: 01:20:27 03/03/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Shorty, CinderLover, you are both accepted. Those are some pretty interesting species there!
Cynder134 Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#18 Posted: 08:13:39 03/03/2013
OOC: I'll have my character up soon. I'm thinking at the moment.
---
Why am I back
Dragon-outcast Emerald Sparx Gems: 4191
#19 Posted: 17:28:40 03/03/2013
ooc: will join this later. smilie Hiyas Blink! :3
---
*insert edgy saying about the meaning of life*
Procrastination: Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now.
#20 Posted: 23:10:55 03/03/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Alrighty! Hi D-o! smilie
#21 Posted: 01:10:33 04/03/2013
Name: Saritu
*Human Name:
Age: Unknown age, but maturity wise around young teenager years.
Species: Kyarin (Aliwolf)
Appearance: [User Posted Image]
(Credit to CinderLover. LOOK HOW BEAUTIFUL IT ISSS!!!)
*Human Appearance: (if your character has a human form, describe it, if it is simply covering certain features with clothing, describe what clothing)
*Personality: (You may describe your character's personality or allow it to develop as the story progresses)
*Bio: Part of a dying race and left all alone, she struggles daily trying to survive as a scavenger. She can't own a territory, and usually finds herself in some other mystical creature's territory and is chased out. However, her wit and abilities has so far thus allowed her to live. She wants to find someone else of her race, but that hope gets dimmer every day.
Noteworthy Possessions: (none)
---
Procrastination: Hard work often pays of after time, but laziness always pays off now.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:50:38 13/03/2013 by Dragon-outcast
#22 Posted: 03:24:25 04/03/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Accepted! And if I get at least two more entrants by tomorrow evening, we'll start!
#23 Posted: 23:04:54 04/03/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: I'm impatient. We're starting! smilie

It was a warm, sunny morning. A gentle breeze rustled the leaves of the trees, which were marvolously vibrant. The whole forest seemed to be an oil painting from a child's fairytale book come to life.
A fairy, about the size of a small human, yawned and stretched out on a large mushroom. Above her, in the tree branches, rested a rather large being, who was curiously enough half-human and half-serpent.
It was the morning before the Great Departure. The celebration was later that night.
#24 Posted: 00:01:34 05/03/2013
Libra shifted a bit, feeling the warm rays of sunlight botching across her body as if to attempt to rouse her from sleep. The forest seemed to be active, bugs chirping and birds singing songs high above where she could reach. Leaves shuddered and bent, tickling along her back and ankles. Dust and dirt swayed in the air heavily, thrown up by the Unileopard's movement.
Dust settled on her face, Libra blinked and gave a sneeze. Her eyes remained closed, but she knew there wasn't going to be any more sleep. Her body remained still for the most part, excluding the occasional twitch as undergrowth touched her sides teasingly.
'... now I'm hungry.' she thought lazily, 'Be hungry, get up... be hungry, get up...' The Unileopard weighed the two options in her mind, and eventually lifted a forepaw and placed it firmly beside her chest. Pressing down on it, she lifted her upper body up and shook out her neck, stretching her jaws and licking her nose to wake up more. Her hindlegs followed, and she stood up, now fully awake and hungry.
Libra sauntered out of the patch of ferns she'd given herself the luxury of sleeping in. Sure, she was a bit big for fern patches, being almost five and a half feet tall at the shoulders, but still the ferns were found comfortable by Libra. The unicorn-leopard hybrid strode through the undergrowth confidently, turning course slightly to make her way to have a drink of water and clean off her coat. She'd decided to look nice before going into the modern world, and having clean fur would be a good start.
'Your story is that you're one of the normal horses that are in the modern world...yeah, just normal. A simple illusion can be kept up for a while, when I need it, to make me look like an average horse.' Libra nodded her head a bit, satisfied with what she had. It might have a few inconveniences, but to her mind it was a pretty good cover story, and what she was sticking with.
#25 Posted: 00:09:27 05/03/2013 | Topic Creator
The serpentine man, or naga, noticed the unileopard as she strolled along.
"Never seen one of those before," he commented.
The fairy beneath him grunted a little.
"Eh," she moaned.
"Wake up, bug breath," the naga hissed, snapping off a twig and tossing it at the fairy.
"Ugh! I'm up, I'm up," she murmured, finally turing her attention to Libra. "You're right, that's not your average unicorn. I haven't really noticed her before."
She took off in Libra's direction.
"Hey! You!"
#26 Posted: 00:24:01 05/03/2013
Libra paused, one foreleg still lifted as if she were ready to continue moving. After a few heartbeats she put her paw down and looked in the direction she'd heard a voice sound, which was to her left and a bit upwards. She narrowed her eyes a bit and reached out with her telepathic abilities, touching on a mind and replying to it.
"Yes?" she replied, her eyes landing who she was talking to. A humanoid creature, it looked like, and she remembered they were called Fairies. She turned to face the flying Fairie, ears perked up with curiosity. She'd never actually really talked to one before, only heard about and seen them every now-and-then. Exciting for a young Unileopard!
#27 Posted: 00:29:18 05/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Ranir stretched back out on his treetop perch. I'm not gonna bother following Dacie this time, he thought to himself. This is my last day in the forest.
He immediately perked up after remembering.
"I have to learn how to walk!" he exclaimed, quickly slinking down from the tree.
#28 Posted: 01:10:00 05/03/2013
Libra gave a little whinny, stomping a hoof and tossing her mane.
"Well did you stop me to say something or stare?" she huffed, feeling hungrier than usual and groggy from just waking up. She heard someone shout nearby, but she was already talking to this Fairie so she thought it would be rude to go investigate and leave her there.
#29 Posted: 01:19:18 05/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Daecirin flinched a little.
"Easy, I was curious. How long have you been here? And... what are you?"
She eyed Libra carefully, as if ready to flit away in the event of an attack.
"Are you... are you one of us? Are you going on the departure?" she asked again, hoping to change the subject.
#30 Posted: 01:34:10 05/03/2013
"Oh, I have only been here about a month." Libra replied, yawning a bit and rubbing an itching nose against her own shoulder, "I am a Unileopard, pretty much we are Unicorns - magic properties and all - with leopard features. I, myself, bare resemblance to the creatures in this world called 'snow leopards'. And yes, I am departing from here into the modern human world." Her answers came steadily, and she seemed to smile as she looked at the Fairie, "You are also going?"
#31 Posted: 02:51:47 05/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Daecirin smiled.
"Yep! My friend Ranie and I- usually he's right behind me. Anyway, we're leaving too. I've been studying up on human behaviors and culture. They've already given me my clothes."
She cocked her head sideways, as if in thought.
"Have you been taught to change from? How are you supposed to diguise yourself?"
#32 Posted: 03:01:13 05/03/2013
Saritu was hungry—starving even. She hadn't eaten so much as a bug in the past month! Yet.....at the same kind she hadn't encountered another mystical creature in a while anyway and had even braved going further into what she knew to be someone's territory. But....she was still pretty darn hungry. Where....where? Oh! Her sensitive ears picked up some stray chatter. She sensed a bunch of presences clumped together over there as well. Saritu contemplated going over there, but she told herself that it would only lead to...well....unpleasant circumstances.
---
#33 Posted: 03:04:27 05/03/2013
"A bit of illusion magic should do the trick. Even if it doesn't, I have saved up so much magic I may be able to do this transformation spell like the rest of you." Libra gave a small huff, "But if I did that it still would not be a complete transformation, I would most likely keep some of my current features. That is, of course, a worst-case scenario option. Otherwise you all get to walk around with me, who will appear to all as an average horse."
#34 Posted: 06:46:36 05/03/2013
Still, she was quite curious so she spied on the group and eavesdropped for a while, listening in even if it was a mental conversation. However, because it was mental eavesdropping, someone was bound to find her out.
---
#35 Posted: 06:55:36 05/03/2013
Libra lifted her head and looked around, blinking a bit. She felt another mind near them, so she reached out to it to speak.
"Good morning." she greeted politely, "Who is this listening in? No need to hide."
#36 Posted: 06:59:11 05/03/2013
Saritu gingerly stepped out. ".......sorry. I was just wondering why so many creatures were gathered here." She responded after a pause. This Unileopard seemed....well, at least kind enough to not attack her. It wouldn't hurt to exchange a few words but she still kept to the edge of the forest. After all, she was pretty sure not everyone was this nice.....did she mention she was hungry. It was kind of impossible to keep her hunger from emanating mentally.
---
#37 Posted: 07:44:43 05/03/2013
a giant house cat, nyana, was lying down in a clearing under the warm rays of the sun and the whispering of the trees stirring from the gentle wind. she curled her two very long tails around her body, and relaxed. if only life really was as good as it looked she thought, and opened one eye, oh nyana what are you doing out here in the sun, you're a demon!
---
#38 Posted: 23:11:29 05/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Daecirin looked at Saritu congenially.
"We're discussing the departure. Are you coming?"
About that time, a rather clumsy, dark skinned human came stumbling through the undergrowth. Daecirin gasped.
"Ranie! What- you look so much shorter in your human form," she threw her head back and laughed. "You didn't even practice walking!"
Ranir sighed and shifted back into his original form.
#39 Posted: 23:17:55 05/03/2013
"Departure? To what?" She huffed, sitting down and proceeded to preen one wing with her muzzle. (Don't ask me how it works. >.< Just go with it. A lady must look pretty after all.)
---
#40 Posted: 23:31:08 05/03/2013 | Topic Creator
"To the outside world," Ranir answered. "In case you haven't nocticed, the edges of out forest are getting a little drab. A lot have said that their magic doesn't work as well there. The elders think our magic is fading, and apparently the source is outside of the forest."
Daecirin stretched.
"Yeah. I think it's a valid explanation. Things have always remained as they are here. The only place that has changed is out there, so that's the only place where something could've been introduced that would harm our magic.
#41 Posted: 23:36:33 05/03/2013
"This sure will be a fun adventure! After today, we can explore as much as we please in this modern world." Libra puffed a breath from her nose, and continued to feel hunger poking at her belly. She sighed, flicking her tail a bit.
#42 Posted: 23:44:09 05/03/2013
"Well as long as I get something to eat. I'm pretty much at the end of the line." She thought-spoke. Saritu did look quite skinny and starved, but her demeanor was....quite calm.
---
#43 Posted: 03:42:40 06/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Upon seeing Saritu's ribs, Daecirin raised her eyebrows.
"Do you need, you know, something to eat? Because I now where to get some fruit and mushrooms, and Ranie has meat stashed somewhere."
"My meat..." Ran protested weakly before seeing Saritu's ribs, at which point his tone changed. "Of course, I'll go get it if you want."
#44 Posted: 09:07:21 06/03/2013
nyana decided to get up. she stretched her back, uncurling her twin tails. she scented mouse behind some bushes, and started stalking it. her tails stayed low to the ground, until she was close enough to the mouse, and leapt. she grasped her prey in her jaws, and snapped it's neck, killing it instantly. chewing on the mouse she remembered what was going on today. i wonder how much the outside world changed she thought as she finished the rest of her mouse
---
#45 Posted: 15:33:54 06/03/2013
"Hmm....well, I'm not dead yet or close to dying yet. I could last a little bit more. I've been craving a fresh kill anyway. Stashes and plants aren't going to cut it for me." She stated rather proudly.
---
#46 Posted: 03:53:38 07/03/2013
"I am hungry!" Libra said, sounding innocent, "Maybe we should all get something to eat and then regroup to continue with the conversation? This one looks rather starved." The Unileopard flicked her tail at Saritu, and seemed to smile a bit. She was ready to go and get that drink, plus a bit of grazing to soothe her stomach.
#47 Posted: 04:13:02 07/03/2013
Saritu smiled faintly. "Good enough of a plan for me. I haven't seen a single jackrabbit in weeks, though perhaps we could tackle something larger like.....like....a Unicorn...no offense by the way....or we could go for the giant bears....or maybe even those large reindeer!" Saritu began salivating at the thought of food. Her stomach grumbled loudly.
---
Page 1 of 4 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me