Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
What the heck are they doing? [CLOSED]
Nroc-Nuika Platinum Sparx Gems: 5336
#1 Posted: 18:20:32 01/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Anyone else having just overall trouble with Universe? It takes an hour to get past the FIRST LOADING SCREEN, and then no matter how much waiting around, I can't get past the loading screen to actually GET INTO THE GAME!

Have they just abandoned it? Anyone know if the team is actually going to try to make the game playable, or if it's just left for dead.
---
I always forget to check my guestbook
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#2 Posted: 19:57:47 01/03/2013
Works fine on my computer
... Which also happens to run both top settings Spyro's Adventure and max settings Minecraft with Unbelievable Shaders and Summerfields up pretty darn well.

Ohhh... I remember a time when the whole game actually ran really nicely on all computers.

I'd bet they just abandoned it. There hasn't been an update with anything like new items since Giants' launch.
'Tis a shame, as a very good time waster, it is.
I was playing it on my aunt's laptop and it was just horribly slow... I can't even visit the Mainland on it because all of the players there make it lag when you don't have an optimal PC.

Devs genuinely need to fix this. But there have been complaint about it for a while and they do nothing to remedy it so don't hold your breath.
TK-949 Green Sparx Gems: 197
#3 Posted: 05:49:02 02/03/2013
@Norc-Nuika: Try clear your cache and delete your cookies. If the problem still occures, try another browser.

It works fine on my computer in firefox, as well as chrome. I contacted the Activision Support via Facebook and they assured that the game is NOT abandoned.
TerraFizz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1484
#4 Posted: 22:15:39 02/03/2013
I honestly think they've abandoned. There's been no update to the Lairs to show off the new Giants and Skylanders, the game is running unbearably slow even for people who had no problems in the past. And I see less and less people on too.
---
smilie Pop Fizz's Theme Song: smilie
http://youtu.be/zpE08s1g7m4
#5 Posted: 05:10:10 03/03/2013
"The game is not abandoned" could mean anything, though. If you read the back of any Skylanders' pack, you'll see this very close to the bottom.
Quote:
Activision makes no guarantees regarding the availability of online play or features, and may modify or discontinue online service in its discretion without notice, including for example, ceasing online service for economic reason due to a limited number of players continuing to make use of the service over time.

In other words, they could just be saying "we're keeping the servers up" in a weird way, but not actually meaning that they'll update or improve it like it deserves.
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#6 Posted: 20:26:38 06/03/2013
^this. And it a vicious circle, the game isn't updated since october, attract less people who means less revenue, and less motivation for update
---
THE END IS NEAR
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#7 Posted: 20:37:35 06/03/2013
i quit playing last year... to much bugs and horrid loading times.
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8459
#8 Posted: 01:14:28 07/03/2013
I am still trying to figure out how to install my portal.
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#9 Posted: 18:52:31 09/03/2013
Quote: nitendofan92
^this. And it a vicious circle, the game isn't updated since october, attract less people who means less revenue, and less motivation for update

^this
---
THE END IS NEAR
MoonHorizons Gold Sparx Gems: 2826
#10 Posted: 18:55:29 10/03/2013
I think they abandoned the project of Skylanders Universe. My computer can run more complicated games at blazing speeds but this game is an exception. Their server is uglier then a skeleton with remaining human flesh on it. The game officaly sucks now.
---
the more obscure your favorite cartoons are, the more refined your taste is
#11 Posted: 19:24:37 10/03/2013
My computer runs Far/Fancy Minecraft at 405 FPS, without Optifine, and has lots of issues running Universe correctly in certain parts of the game.

I say that we need to get them to fix it. I think we can all agree that it has potential. Just chucking on the ability to type text and dumping the chat tree would make it a lot better.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me