Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Disney Infinity just got more expensive
Page 1 of 1
Disney Infinity just got more expensive [CLOSED]
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#1 Posted: 13:50:23 01/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Disney Infinity is going to set back parents a lot of money. Earlier this week i read that the Cars playset add-on will cost £39.99, and that individual figures come in at the £8.99-and-up mark. Now, manufacturer PDP has unveiled a range of very expensive accessories as well. Nintendo Life reports that PDP’s range of accessories – from figure stands, power disc wallets and storage boxes for all your expensive gear.

The accessories range from £9.99 to £39.99. That’s on top of the game price and any additional add-on play-sets you buy.

PDP’s Infinity PlayZone will house three playsets, 17 figures anda handful of power discs, while the Pack and Play kit holds all of the above plus a play-mat.

Jebus.
GhostRoaster Yellow Sparx Gems: 1803
#2 Posted: 14:04:28 01/03/2013
Has US pricing been set? I'm very curious here on pricing. And if the price has gone up...will Activision raise their prices being the premiere company in this space or will they make the brand "best value in category".

I have absolutely ZERO interest in this just because of the limiting factor of the characters in the adventure packs. My son would rather be in Mindcraft for "free play". The pricing more or less seals the deal for me.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:06:13 01/03/2013 by GhostRoaster
Shawn Blue Sparx Gems: 721
#3 Posted: 14:08:14 01/03/2013
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/bl...coming-in-june/ here you Ghost this lists the US prices
---
Where's me goats?
#4 Posted: 14:09:50 01/03/2013
Quote: Shawn
http://www.g4tv.com/thefeed/bl...coming-in-june/ here you Ghost this lists the US prices

Awesome thanks Shawn!

So, they are totally mimicking Activison's pricing...but the play set is easily $10 more...characters $2 more...the starter matches Giant's starter pricing (MSRP, although Giants is now 59.99).

I REALLY hope Swap Force doesn't continue the upwards price hike we've seen...as all knows the original game the characters were 7.99 (now 9.99) starter set went from 49.99 to 74.99 and market tested higher priced characters with giants (14.99).

I'd actually like the swap force characters to be the 12.99 characters, the regular posed characters remain 9.99 and the starter set actually go DOWN to 59.99 this year in Swap Force. Disney's IP can probably command this--if it does Activision may have to cut prices to compete--which would be good for us.
---
RIP GhostRoaster. He's reanimated as TakeYourLemons but occasionally is resurrected from the beyond when needed.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:16:16 01/03/2013 by GhostRoaster
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#5 Posted: 14:15:47 01/03/2013
There are really awful castles, light up displays, and shelves Skylanders sells too
The colosseum add on costs $20 and can only hold about 8 of the figures
This isn't even counting the more expensive overseas rates

... Also, wrong forum. smilie
#6 Posted: 14:16:58 01/03/2013
Quote: GamingMaster_76
There are really awful castles, light up displays, and shelves Skylanders sells too

Those are awful third party components---not being sold by Activision.
---
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#7 Posted: 14:18:48 01/03/2013
Quote: GhostRoaster

But they still exist.
It doesn't matter because all of them are optional in both cases. I have a bookcase and I can make a shelf. I have plenty of room already available for my toys.
Trexroarr Gold Sparx Gems: 2219
#8 Posted: 14:41:39 01/03/2013
Is there a link to the PDP stuff?
---
Skylanders Collection smilie
78 S1 + 37 S2 + 16 S3 + 1 S4 + 19 LC + 8 Minis + 12 G + 25 SF + 13 TM + 2 EE + 34 Traps + 39 Items = 284 + 11 Chase = 295 Total
kiz3000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1734
#9 Posted: 14:44:04 01/03/2013
Quote: kappapopm
Disney Infinity is going to set back parents a lot of money. Earlier this week i read that the Cars playset add-on will cost £39.99, and that individual figures come in at the £8.99-and-up mark. Now, manufacturer PDP has unveiled a range of very expensive accessories as well. Nintendo Life reports that PDP’s range of accessories – from figure stands, power disc wallets and storage boxes for all your expensive gear.

The accessories range from £9.99 to £39.99. That’s on top of the game price and any additional add-on play-sets you buy.

PDP’s Infinity PlayZone will house three playsets, 17 figures anda handful of power discs, while the Pack and Play kit holds all of the above plus a play-mat.

Jebus.

The cars Play Set will NOT sell for £39.99. That was a holding price set by Amazon until they changed it to, the still expensive price of, £34.99. Disney themselves have the set up for £29.99 which sounds more reasonable.

I don't know where you can order the figures for £8.99. Would you care to tell me? The cheapest price you can get the figures for is £10.99 with £12.99 being the standard price at most places. Te models are however bigger than the Skylanders figures and so are woorth the extra pennies.

The accessories are completely optional and should not be factored into any Disney Infinity costs.

Quote: GhostRoaster

The Disney Infinity accessories are also made third party and not sold by Disney. What's your point?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:46:20 01/03/2013 by kiz3000
DarkBigDog Blue Sparx Gems: 785
#10 Posted: 14:46:17 01/03/2013
Quote: kappapopm

Jebus.

This is Disney we are talking about. Just look at any collectable from their Disney Stores, etc and its pretty much like pricing. Hopefully the game is successful and Activision will feel the need to keep their pricing down to regain market share.
---
Only getting new characters this time. No more reposes!
kiz3000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1734
#11 Posted: 14:50:15 01/03/2013
Quote: Trexroarr
Is there a link to the PDP stuff?

MVC -original source

Polygon -expands on the products available
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#12 Posted: 14:57:30 01/03/2013
Cant wait for DI and SSF to be released. Will prolly just buy here snd there for DI but will focus more with skylanders.
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
#13 Posted: 15:50:58 01/03/2013
Quote: DarkBigDog
This is Disney we are talking about. Just look at any collectable from their Disney Stores, etc and its pretty much like pricing. Hopefully the game is successful and Activision will feel the need to keep their pricing down to regain market share.

Technically, they haven't lost market share yet--100% in the "toys to life" category. But I agree--I hope they maintain or maybe get more competitive on their pricing, otherwise I will make some concessions on how much I get on the next one--or--heaven forbid--look at competition.
---
Zylek Yellow Sparx Gems: 1920
#14 Posted: 16:24:07 01/03/2013
My kids are pumped for DI. My son, who is 9, is most excited for the toy box aspect and that he can play with friends online with what he creates. It also comes out at a great time, June, when there is a great lull in Skylanders. We'll give DI a chance and see if it's fun.
---
Anyone know where my avatar is from?
kappapopm Ripto Gems: 1186
#15 Posted: 16:49:53 01/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Zylek
My kids are pumped for DI. My son, who is 9, is most excited for the toy box aspect and that he can play with friends online with what he creates. It also comes out at a great time, June, when there is a great lull in Skylanders. We'll give DI a chance and see if it's fun.

^this bold txt

the idiots at activision is missing out big time... their no online game play are gonna back fire hard.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 16:51:22 01/03/2013 by kappapopm
nickryan Green Sparx Gems: 386
#16 Posted: 16:52:29 01/03/2013
Quote: Zylek

yeah im gonna buy it or my nieces but I promise I want be 80 figures in like skylanders
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#17 Posted: 16:57:58 01/03/2013
not gonna get swap force unless there is a deal and CERTAINLY not getting this.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me