Page 1 of 1
What ARE quests? [CLOSED]
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3791
#1 Posted: 16:16:01 28/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Im not really sure what they are. I think you get a bronze, silver and gold top hat from doing them but I dont know how to do them!
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
DragonsDream Green Sparx Gems: 435
#2 Posted: 16:52:38 28/02/2013
each Skylander has 9 quests. you can see there on the character stats screen. Just select the quests and you can see what each character has to do. There are 5 quests for all Skylanders (really 6 since all have elemental damage as a quest), 3 quests for each elemental (really only 2 since every element has the elemental damage quest) and then a unique quest for each character. you get an upgraded top hat for each 3 quests you complete.
---
available: Darklight Crypt smiliesmiliesmilie(sealed), 17 other common S1s & adv. packs (EU only)
want:smiliesmiliesmilie
The word is "should've" never "should of"
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#3 Posted: 05:09:22 01/03/2013
Just wanted to add: If you don't know, to access the Character Info (what they call it)/Character Management (what I call it) screen, you press the alternate-Play on your controller, the opposite/matching button to the one you use to Pause. I've seen it called Back or Select, and on the Wii it's the [-] button.

When you press it, you see the character on the left side, sometimes doing random stuff, and there are different actions you can do, such as checking their stats and change their hat. One command is Quests. When you select it, it will show you that character's elemental symbol, with a border indicating their Quest Rank: Nothing (less than 3 quests completes), Simple Bronze-colour (3-5 quests completed), More decorative Silver (6-8 quests), or Most decorative Gold (all 9 quests). All but the last also mention how many quests until the next rank. Each rank earns that character (and that character alone) access to the appropriate hat of the 3 you mentioned. Just press Primary Attack (it'll say what button on the bottom) to dismiss this and get the grid of 9 quests. Scroll to each one to see what it is and what your progress for it is. If the icon is grey you still have to complete that quest, if the icon is gold it means you've done it.

As an example, here are the quests for Hex, who I completed recently:

1. Anybody: Kill 1,000 enemies
  2. Anybody: Eat 50 pieces of food
  3. Anybody: Complete an arena without getting damaged
  4. Anybody: Win 10 PvP matches
  5. Anybody: Complete a heroic challenge without getting damaged
  6. Anybody: Get 7,500 elemental damage
  7. Undead only: Get killed by a boss 3 times
  8. Undead only: Kill an evil undead minion
  9. Hex only: Knock back 50 enemies with Skull Rain (think it's 50)

As has been mentioned, #6 is elemental, but everybody has it (each quest has an icon, it has an Undead icon for Hex).

So all Undead characters have to be killed by bosses 3 times (each) - #7 - and they all have to defeat an Undead Skylander of Kaos - #8. (For both I go to Autogyro Adventure and go to the Undead gate to fight the evil Chop Chops, they count for both, and it's close to the beginning of the chapter). Since #9 is specifically about one of Hex's powers, it's clearly only for her. FYI, I thought this was from actually firing the skull rain, turns out it's when you're conjuring it, while it's rotating around Hex, using it as a shield.

If you have trouble with any, discussions on here are plentiful, especially about quests 7 and 8 (9 is more specific than usually deserves it's own topic, 1 2 and 6 come from normal gameplay, and 3 to 5 just come from doing it).
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Nelomet Emerald Sparx Gems: 3069
#4 Posted: 05:50:13 01/03/2013
Actually, question regwarding Undead #7, I've found it to be a little, touchy, such as not counting when I've been beaten. When it says 'boss', I assume it means the Evil skylander ambushes, rather than the likes of Drill X, or the Chompy Mage.

But yeah, main issue is me getting my ass kicked by an ambush boss hasn't counted towards the total.
---
Fear not the dark, my friend, and let the feast begin.
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#5 Posted: 05:57:32 01/03/2013
Bosses: robo kaos, chompy mage, drill x, not ambushes.
#6 Posted: 06:14:18 01/03/2013
Yes, Ambushes. No question, I'm not guessing.

I've ONLY gotten this one from Chop Chop, so I know Ambushes count (and alternately, have no idea which real bosses count). I'm trying to think how Robo Kaos could count, except his eye beams... As I recall, his "attacks" are to spit out other enemies. Maybe the tower-things...

ARE there any other Undead minions in Giants, BTW? I can't think of any...

One thing: I tried having one Undead kill one Chop Chop and another Undead kill the other, the second didn't get the quest but the first one would. Same with this one, if I got one Undead killed by the Chop Chops, it would count, but a second one killed wouldn't. I'd have to reset the chapter.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:19:10 01/03/2013 by niceguy1
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#7 Posted: 06:27:50 01/03/2013
Quote: niceguy1

I've ONLY gotten this one from Chop Chop, so I know Ambushes count (and alternately, have no idea which real bosses count). I'm trying to think how Robo Kaos could count, except his eye beams... As I recall, his "attacks" are to spit out other enemies. Maybe the tower-things...

One thing: I tried having one Undead kill one Chop Chop and another Undead kill the other, the second didn't get the quest but the first one would. Same with this one, if I got one Undead killed by the Chop Chops, it would count, but a second one killed wouldn't. I'd have to reset the chapter.

Here's how kaos counts: when he is chasing you, let him smash you.
#8 Posted: 06:40:48 01/03/2013

That likely explains it, I was hoping to get all of my Undead Skylanders beaten so I'd only have to do three total runs, but I guess it's not that easy.

I can think of at least three Fire and Water ambushes, but only one Life and one Undead.
---
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#9 Posted: 11:37:27 01/03/2013
For the ambushes, Sunburn, Eruptor, and Flameslinger ambush you for fire. Zap and Gill Grunt ambush you for water. Life and Undead only have one ambush (Stealth Elf and Chop Chop).
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#10 Posted: 14:24:40 01/03/2013
Just so you know, the ambushes are in the following levels :-
3x Stealth Elf - Rumbletown
1x Sunburn - Glacier Gully
3x Gill Grunt - Troll Home Security
2x Eruptor - The Oracle
3x Zap - The Oracle
2x Chop Chop - Autogyro Adventure
3x Flameslinger - Lost City of Arkus
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
#11 Posted: 22:53:25 01/03/2013
Nelomet: Yeah, ditto, that's how I noticed, LOL! I actually have 2 Cynders (S1), so I was trying to do these quests for both at once, and I kept getting progress on my primary one and not my secondary (I got one like last summer and played her fully in SSA, the other was part of an SSA triple pack I got after I got Giants, hence "primary" and "secondary").

Personally, I feel like Chop Chop is the easiest, as I think he's the closest "boss" to the beginning of his Chapter, and so the fastest to get to the next death to continue progress on this quest. The real bosses are of course at the end of their levels, so much more time and playthrough before you can return to them, so that leaves the Ambushes, and again, Chop Chop's seems closest to the start. (When my Undead dies, I just press the Action button to restart the Chapter). The only other contender seems to be Stealth Elf. I lean towards Chop Chop because you can also work on the Kill An Evil Undead Minion quest, as well as the Elemental Damage quest.
---
I-Brawler Emerald Sparx Gems: 3565
#12 Posted: 00:06:24 02/03/2013
you know there is already a quests page, right? (smilie oh, boy)
---
you never saw me
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#13 Posted: 13:45:09 02/03/2013

with all this talk about Chop Chop and Quests, im going to bring up again that Legendary Chop Chop, for what ever reason, can not complete the "defeat an evil undead minion" quest.

have you tried anything like this to see if you could find a way around this glitch?
#14 Posted: 03:49:24 03/03/2013
I unfortunately don't have Legendary Chop Chop to try him. smilie

I do have both S1 and S2 Chop Chop, both of which have all quests completed, so this seems to be only a problem with Legendary.

I'm reminded of Lightning Rod's Heroic Challenge... If you did it early in the game, no problem. If you got to a certain Chapter and collected a certain something, the final prize in this HC would disappear and it would never work again (without going to a new game). If I got Legendary Chop Chop, I would try to get this quest FIRST. Maybe a certain upgrade makes him unable to get this Quest?

Actually, I recently reset my Ghost Roaster for this exact reason, his personal quest is to kill with his Skull Charge, and after a certain upgrade it seems like his Skull Charge doesn't count as a "Skull Charge" anymore, for this quest at least.
---
#15 Posted: 03:55:20 03/03/2013
Also as I've been asking, there only seems to be the Chop Chops as the undead minions. I think I forgot that the reason I started wondering this IN THE FIRST PLACE is because of this L-Chop Chop glitch, LOL!

Try picking out which Chop Chop is which, and try getting defeated by one, then the other, in case it's only one that doesn't count. (One has his health bar on the left, one on the right. Attack them to figure out which is which, then get killed by one then the other. Alternatively, first time kill Mr. Right, then next time kill Mr. Left, then only Mr. Left (then Mr. Right) is still around to kill you).
---
#16 Posted: 16:09:27 03/03/2013
?????????
---
you never saw me
#17 Posted: 10:04:39 04/03/2013
Quote: I-Brawler
?????????

Sorry, you'll need to actually put a question into WORDS before we know what's confusing you, LOL!

What's throwing you off?
---
#18 Posted: 21:03:24 04/03/2013
um, the lefty and righty part
---
you never saw me
#19 Posted: 04:34:08 05/03/2013
(One has his health bar on the left, one on the right.

Quote: I-Brawler
um, the lefty and righty part

Ah. Well as I said in my post, when you face the two Chop Chops, their health bars are on the top, one on the left of the other, one on the right of the other. When you attack one, see which health bar is affected to figure out which Chop Chop has his health bar on the left, and which one has his health bar on the right.

I'm suggesting to do this to make sure the one with his health bar on the left kills you, then try making sure the one on the right gets you.
---
Dsi568 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3173
#20 Posted: 14:18:24 05/03/2013
Does anyone have ANY idea how to do spyro's quest?
---
Instagram: Skymiibomon_U
Twitter: @skymiibomon_U
NNID: dsi568
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3791
#21 Posted: 16:56:19 05/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Ooh thankyou!
---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
#22 Posted: 03:30:00 06/03/2013
Fun fact: The chompy mage counts as a Boss for the Undead Skylander's 'bossed around' quest, as I unfortunately discovered when taking mortal damage from red magic on Nightmare mode as Chop-chop.
---
#23 Posted: 08:44:15 06/03/2013
Quote: Dsi568
Does anyone have ANY idea how to do spyro's quest?

Ah yes. Eat 1 piece of food, grab 2 gold and kill 3 enemies in one dash (I may be off on the numbers).

I did it like this:

1. Make sure Spyro has all of his Dash upgrades (I recently found out that a virgin Spyro can't dash long enough)
  2. Loaded the Luck-O-Tron with 4 wheels of wealth
  3. Went to Chapter 2: Junkyard Isles
  4. Right at the beginning is a Mabu boarding and leaving the ship, loading the ship with supplies apparently
  5. From a distance, fireball the supplies/breakables (with the Luck-O-Tron, this should result in enough money)
  6. Now you have money next to a piece of Oriental Food next to some chompies and a chompie generator. Dash away

Took me a couple of tries, but eventually got it... Basically it just requires finding a place with food next to money or breakables and close enough to some small enemies to lure them to the money and food. Luckily this one is right at the beginning of the level, so it's easy to restart if it doesn't trigger.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me