Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > They should make a Spyro and Cynder free-roam RPG!!!
Page 1 of 1
They should make a Spyro and Cynder free-roam RPG!!! [CLOSED]
draconicMIND1 Blue Sparx Gems: 783
#1 Posted: 03:38:30 26/02/2013 | Topic Creator
They should make a free-roam Spyro game that is like a fantasy RPG!!!

I believe that if enough people agree wiht me, those who own Spyro could do it.

In my opinion, a free-roam Spyro game should be simular like the TLOS series, but with a gigantic map layout so you can fly from city to city. It should have Spyro and Cynder in it. And it should allow you to kill dozens of types of enemies and level up like any RPG, like Roconing or Fable.

THEY WOULD NEED OPINIONS OF YOU GUYS!

If they should make a free-roam Spyro and CYnder RPG, what should be in it?

I would like them to include some race of advanced humanoid trolls as the primary antagonists. I made them up in my Spyro fanfiction, Spyro's Children: The Red Prince. I know some you don't like fanfictions, but if you read the reviews of it, you'll see why people like it.

I need opinions and ideas! We're going to make them!

BTW here's the link to my story, Red Prince.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/83...-the-Red-Prince
---
They say marrying a dragon was mistake. What do they know? <laughes sinisterly>

"Pwwr. This coffee smells like ****"~~ Austin Powers
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:43:16 26/02/2013 by draconicMIND1
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#2 Posted: 03:41:33 26/02/2013
Open worlds are hit-or-miss in my book. If you get the landscape and level design down, and leave enough for people to do, then I'm all for it. But sometimes free roaming can get really annoying and drag down the gameplay. Fable is a good example of that, in my opinion. Although I've never liked Fable... <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#3 Posted: 03:49:34 26/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I agree. Fable was nothing compared to Roconing. THe main story-line is enthralling, Fable's just makes me shrug. But if they did make A Spyro ande CYnder free romaer, they shouldn't make quests sound too complex like they are in Roconing, like with magic whistles and stones, they should make it more intense than that. Oh and more level bosses like they have in roconing. And Warfang should the kind of city you can walk around in for hours doing side quests to get more XP and benifits.

MORE OPINIONS. This guy posted less than ten minutes after I put this up. I have a good feeling 'bout this.

Oh wait I got another idea. HIR said that a good level layout can sometimes slwo things down. WHat if they just had good, but not perfect, grphics and thus improive the general gameplay? You know how wiht PC game soyu can adjust the grphics to make it run father and flow better? Saem thing right?
---

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:18:21 26/02/2013 by JCW555
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#4 Posted: 03:55:55 26/02/2013
Draconic, please use the edit button instead of posting multiple times in a row.

There was an idea of Spyro's Kingdom that had Spyro as king, but that idea was scrapped for Skylanders.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#5 Posted: 03:57:50 26/02/2013
As to your comment, I do not believe graphics make a good game. Dawn of the Dragon was my second least favorite game of all time and it had some very good (but slightly off at times) graphics wise. It doesn't make up for control and level design. Controls need to be fluid and feel intuitive.

Well Aura, Spyro's Kingdom was more of an MMO... we're talking more something along the lines of Skyrim.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:58:37 26/02/2013 by HIR
#6 Posted: 04:03:04 26/02/2013
Ah, I see, got mixed up.

And HIR, since you're a mod of this section, you can combine Drac's double post into his original one.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#7 Posted: 04:17:26 26/02/2013
I know, but no lesson is learned if I just do it for them... they can merge by editing the original post and deleting the second post, and then there's no moderated message! *sigh*
---
#8 Posted: 05:32:29 26/02/2013 | Topic Creator
C'mon people more ideas and opinions of what would make a good Spyro RPG.

More ideas of my own:

The world should be a good size, Like it should have Twilight Falls, Avalar, but atleast three times biggar and interesting, and Wrafang as the largest city.

And mor eplayable characters, not just Spyro and Cynder, but maybe Hunter. OR maybe you could creat a dragon of your own and include it in.

C'mon my people. We may get lucky.
---

#9 Posted: 06:19:42 26/02/2013
Drac, users will post their opinions when they post them. Rushing won't make them comment any faster. I know you're excited and all, but shimmer down.

If a LoS Spyro RPG was ever made (not likely since the developers moved on from the LoS), they could have all of the areas from ANB and TEN shown in the game.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 10:26:53 26/02/2013 by Aura24
#10 Posted: 09:55:45 26/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24
Drac, users will post their opinions when they post them. Rushing would make them comment any faster. I know you're excited and all, but shimmer down.

If a LoS Spyro RPG was ever made (not likely since the developers moved on from the LoS), they could have all of the areas from ANB and TEN shown in the game.

YES YES! And Munitions Forge could be a vry hostile invironment. Tall Plains could be hundreds of feet from the ground too!

MORE IDEAS! If enough people agree me with, thy're bound to make one.
---

#11 Posted: 10:27:40 26/02/2013
Quote: draconicMIND1

Drac, you're being too naive. That's not how it goes. They won't make a Spyro RPG all because many others agree with you.
---
#12 Posted: 13:01:25 26/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24

Drac, you're being too naive. That's not how it goes. They won't make a Spyro RPG all because many others agree with you.

Sorry. I ment to say, they would make it if they knew what Spyro fans would like in a Spyro RPG free roam. And if they knew how many poeple would like it if thye did make it.

Now enough about that, im sorry. I just excited.

Ideas?

Oh and could you mybe give me your opinion on my story, Red Prince?I am devintMIND1 on fanfiction. You'll see picture of me and I'm from Australia.

And I have seen topics by other pople who sy there should be a free-rom Spyro game. Infct I think I'll go edit the title now and say RPG. If peoplespred the word, those ho own Spyro will see.
---

SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9329
#13 Posted: 13:23:50 26/02/2013
Who is "they?"
#14 Posted: 14:12:19 26/02/2013
You know they tried the free roaming thing to a certain degree with Shadow Legacy and I recall that not working terribly well... you would need the right developers. Activision hasn't put out RPGs in their time, and their choice of developers with experience in RPGs would be extremely limited even if they did want to make one. <.<;
---
#15 Posted: 14:19:08 26/02/2013
Quote: HIR
You know they tried the free roaming thing to a certain degree with Shadow Legacy and I recall that not working terribly well... you would need the right developers. Activision hasn't put out RPGs in their time, and their choice of developers with experience in RPGs would be extremely limited even if they did want to make one. <.<;

Yes "HURR" very good point indeed, I personally don't want a "Spyro & Cynder free-roam RPG."
For the reasons being that I'm not a great fan of RPG's, I depise Cynder, especially in DOTD, and finally, TLOS needs to be left alone, it's nothing fantastic. ANB was an interesting start, and gave it potential to be great.
#16 Posted: 14:19:50 26/02/2013
The could go for a THIRD reboot. *boot'd*
---
#17 Posted: 14:21:14 26/02/2013
Quote: HIR
The could go for a THIRD reboot. *boot'd*

We could have a reboot based off of LOS? /sarcasm/
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:21:47 26/02/2013 by SuperSpyroFan
#18 Posted: 18:31:42 26/02/2013
And I don't think opinions of wanting an LoS Spyro RPG will reach Activision.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:44:32 27/02/2013 by Aura24
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#19 Posted: 22:46:29 26/02/2013
The legend of Spyro was similar to a Action/Adventure rpg in my opinion, but I think a free roaming one would be fun to play.

Spyro, Cynder, Sparx, and Hunter travel across the lands searching for party members to help them fight against a new evil. The party could feature Kane's species( forgot their name), dragons from the city, the nights from Dante's Freezer, and new that faun from the concept art of Dawn of the Dragon.
#20 Posted: 01:18:39 27/02/2013 | Topic Creator
YES! YES! These ideas are amazing! I wish there was a website where you could send in video game ideas. If there is, tell me.

Oh and yu couldbattle with thoe trolls of Dante's Freezer fr XP.
---

#21 Posted: 02:50:59 27/02/2013
Not to be dour, but a few people on a forum like this isn't going to convince a big corporation to make a new game out of the blue. <.<
---
#22 Posted: 03:43:06 27/02/2013
I told him that already, but...
---
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#23 Posted: 06:09:14 27/02/2013
Seems potential to be good.
---
cry baby, I am
#24 Posted: 13:18:08 27/02/2013
Quote: WUMBOSIMPSON

Any Spyro game has got potential to be good, look at ETD. It was done so poorly that it wasn't that great at all.
#25 Posted: 13:25:24 27/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Any Spyro game has got potential to be good, look at ETD. It was done so poorly that it wasn't that great at all.

Yeah I hated ETD. Poor! Legend Series all the way for me.
---

#26 Posted: 13:48:36 27/02/2013
Quote: SuperSpyroFan

Yeah I hated ETD. Poor! Legend Series all the way for me.

I don't mind ETD, I wouldn't say it's rubbish, but I wouldn't say it's great either. I'd rather play it than TEN and DOTD put together, those two are the most annoying out of the lot for me; there's many reasons as to why. But really, if you think about it, anything that has a solid idea has the potential to be good, I thought that when ANB first came out, I thought it was okay, but there were many things that needed to be improved upon, which in my opinion, did not happen.
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#27 Posted: 22:26:29 27/02/2013
I loved EtD and TEN to death!smilie

That's just me though, They had a charm.

Dotd was horrid though.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:27:35 27/02/2013 by BlackNight12
#28 Posted: 11:26:32 01/03/2013 | Topic Creator
Let hav s more ideas from you people.

They couldhave a race o humanoid trolls that are as advanced as humans were in the late 1800s.

You could gain followers and even marry a dragoness.
---

DragonTongue1 Green Sparx Gems: 149
#29 Posted: 12:31:49 12/05/2013
This is my new account. I lost control of my dragonicMIND1 account.

Come on, people, ideas. Let them know what you want
#30 Posted: 15:06:21 12/05/2013
^Still idea obsessed for this RPG aren't you?
---
Storm Dragon Green Sparx Gems: 295
#31 Posted: 06:19:36 13/05/2013
...I miss Spyro's Lair... o3o
---
Hero of Time~
Check my profile for where to find me~
Razz Platinum Sparx Gems: 6124
#32 Posted: 18:30:58 13/05/2013
Didn't they already try that? It was called Spyro's Kingdom and it failed in testing so hard it became Skylanders (which is, in a way, an RPG in which you, the player, take on the lead). Personally, I think we already found out that Spyro isn't really suited for switching genres and is at its best when it's a platformer.

Oh yeah, there's also Shadow Legacy for the DS. No Cynder, but it's pretty much LoS with less over-the-top seriousness.
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#33 Posted: 12:09:38 16/05/2013
don't you mean a spyro and sparx RPG?

sparx is the sidekick, not cynder, and it's ridiculous how everything is now 'spyro and cynder' instead of 'spyro and sparx'
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me