Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > Skylanders: Darkness Before Dawn
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders: Darkness Before Dawn [CLOSED]
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#1 Posted: 03:36:08 26/02/2013 | Topic Creator
My first (published) fanfic! Whoop!
Skylanders: Darkness Before Dawn
Note: This story uses Doomslicer's A Guide to Skylands (http://spyro.wikia.com/wiki/Us...ide_to_Skylands), but if you don’t want to read that, all you need to know is that umbralithium is a substance kind of like solidified Darkness, being the polar opposite of Radiance, and that Caretaker 3 is the real name of the Ruins’ Weapon Master (Weapon Master refers to the subspecies of Arkeyans), and he can detach rfom his stand and equip legs and wings. The Eonic Alliance is the collective union of most “good” species. General Robot (and his son) is actually a tech-based phantasmorph, in other words, he is Machine Ghost’s species, and requires a host piece of technology to live. Tr’Dictatrix is the Trolls’ female leader, though the true leader of the Trolls, called Trolane, is a mysterious character who never shows his face; some believe he is merely a myth.

Chapter 1
From the outside, all seemed quiet. A massive barren island floated through Skylands. But inside of that island was a cave. And inside that cave, there was a place known as Mabu Defense Force Operations Base 13. “General, we shouldn’t be doing this. The Eonic Alliance’s Book of Law states on page 105 section 3-C that experimentation with unstable or dangerous materials is strictly…” “I’m well aware of that, soldier, but the Skylands has relied on only the Skylanders for protection for centuries. We need more options than just them. The MDF were formed as an alternative, but we’ve been regarded as a weak, disorganized, and even foolish force. Sure, we have secret bases across Skylands, and we know just about everything about the enemy, but we need weapons. Power. Strength. That is why Operation Darkness before Dawn is going to continue on schedule.” The two speakers were a Mabu scientist and General Robot. “Auric has agreed to provide us with the locations of an ancient umbralithium vault, for only a small price compared to what we’re willing to pay. Now all that’s left is to make sure Flynn and Blobbers stay at least 100 miles away, and we should be ready. Now go prepare a mining force to extract the umbralithium once we get the locations.” “… … …Yes sir… it shall be done…”

Meanwhile, far away, a cloaked figure watched with interest on a small Arkeyan surveillance holoprojector. “Those fools. They don’t know what they’re dealing with. I think I’ll pay a visit there soon.” Sir,” a voice called out from behind the massive doors to the chamber, “Kaos is waiting.” “I’ll be there in a moment…” the cloaked figure responded.

“We’re ready to begin, sir. We’re sing Arkeyan and Ancients technology to analyze the samples, and we’re making excellent progress. Our top scientists have figured out a process to stabilize the umbralithium, and we’ve found several promising uses as weapons and power sources. But, general, what if the Eonic Alliance finds out?” “They won’t find out. Spread the word that if anyone tells anyone else about this, there’s a high chance we’ll all be sent to some prison or even sealed away in the Shroud. When we complete the weapons and projects, we’ll save them for the next major war or conflict. The Alliance will see that to survive it will need this power. If they still refuse, well, they won’t be able to do anything to us by then. We’ll just use the weapons on evil outside the Alliance’s domain.” The scientist returned to his lab, and the general left for his personal Arkeyan Autogyro to leave the base and return to the Ruins, to avert suspicion.

Back at the Ruins, Caretaker 3 was approached by the general. “You wanted to see me?” asked the general. “Yes. Your endeavors at controlling the uncontrollable disturb me.” “How, er, what are you talking about?” “Among other places, I monitor the Arkeyan umbralithium containment chamber. Mabu Defense Force operatives have recently begun extractions. I would not recommend continuing this operation.” “Quiet please! I’d rather not have all of the Ruins hear about it…” “Then you admit to authorizing this operation?” “Yes, you could say that, I suppose…” “ I should report you, however, the facility you are using for experimentation is far away from any civilized worlds; therefore, if something goes wrong, only you and your staff shall perish. We Arkeyans wished to control the umbralithium, but we were unable to stabilize it, and resorted to merely storing it away for safety. You appear to have created a system for stabilizing it, however, through use of the Wilikin’s reality-shifters. I shall be quite interested to see the results. With your consent, I wish to send along a telepresence device, so that I might observe closer, and possibly aid you.” “I suppose you can. I’ll contact the base and let them know. Meanwhile, kindly don’t blab about this to anyone?” “I make no promises, however, I am eager to see the results of these experiments, and if I were to ‘blab,’ I would not receive that chance.”

After the general left, the Caretaker quietly informed several Skylanders of what was taking place. “As the experiments pose no threat to other worlds, I shall not intervene and put a stop to this. In fact, I will be sending a telepresence along with the general to satisfy my curiosity. However, several strange occurrences have taken place. I keep all Mabu Defense Force bases under surveillance, however, evidence would indicate someone or something is tapping into the signal. As a result, hitherto I have only been able to partially monitor their experiment. It is not beyond the realm of possibility that the Mabu Defense Force may succeed, and that the unusual occurrences have been mere anomalies. If some entity is attempting to manipulate the situation, however, and something goes wrong during experimentation, I, and the Mabu Defense Force, may require extraction or rescue. You are to be on Grey Alert until my return.” After adding some more details, Caretaker 3 soon left.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:41:27 26/02/2013 by Doomslicer
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#2 Posted: 03:36:40 26/02/2013 | Topic Creator
After the weapon master had left, some of the Skylanders that had been at his briefing quietly conferred among themselves. “I don’t like it. I don’t think the MDF can handle it.” said Cynder. “I am greatly fascinated with the procedure. My calculations indicate the probability of success being adequate, and the establishment of a powerful force to aid the Skylanders would be most satisfactory…” replied Drobot in his normal technobabble. Stealth Elf joined in the conversation. “I agree with Cynder, the MDF is going in over their heads. What’s more…” then, quieting her voice, “The MDF, if successful, could use their newfound power to take over Skylands. I’m not supposed to tell you this, but as you know, I have done several… tasks for them, and while preparing I looked at some maps and charts they had hidden away. They do far more behind the scenes than they let on. They have bases and spies all over the place, and while they appear to be a minor, if not downright weak, group, they could be a major force to be reckoned with if they changed sides.” Ninjini, who had not appeared at the briefing, appeared next to them. “I heard, or more accurately perceived all you said. I don’t mean to eavesdrop, but it sounds like you all may need the help of a giant for this one.” “You and your cursed psionic senses…” growled Cynder. Just then, several other Skylanders that had been at the briefing, joined in the conversation. “Do you suspect fowl treachery on the part of the MDF?” asked Ignitor. “… … …” glared Chop Chop. “Some of those Mabu are good friends of mine. I don’t think they’d go conquer Skylands just like that.” interjected Spyro “I find the method they’re using highly interesting, and it could wield some promising results,” stated Wrecking Ball (who had recently gained the ability to talk and a fair intellect after eating a bunch of brains and scientists in a certain evil mad scientist’s lab, along with the power to shape-shift into a disco-ball after a battle with the Wicked Waltzing Witch of the West), and soon all were quietly chatting and discussing the situation.

Elsewhere, the cloaked figure watched the conversation. Another figure watched the display. “Master Trolane, if I may inquire, what interests you in this situation? Should we not destroy them, lest they might discover some of the umbralithium’s power?” The first figure looked at the second, with a look of annoyance, handed him a small scroll, and replied coldly, “Because, there are two basic outcomes for this event. Both will be ultimately profitable. I require you and the rest of the staff to perform these tasks. I shall personally perform the other actions necessary to ensure that this plan succeeds.” “As you wish. By the way… what about Tr’Dictatrix?” “She is of no concern.” “Yes, master.”
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:37:02 26/02/2013 by Doomslicer
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me