Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Metal Gear thread (IT'S JUST LIKE ONE OF MY JAPANESE ANIMES)
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
The Metal Gear thread (IT'S JUST LIKE ONE OF MY JAPANESE ANIMES) [CLOSED]
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#51 Posted: 16:23:56 28/03/2013
All those conspiracies were right! <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#52 Posted: 01:20:08 02/04/2013
I'm late to the party, but I finally started Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance. It's amaaaaazing. O.O

I also take back what I said about the Parry system. It turns out the demo just didn't explain it very well. The explanation in the demo had lead me to believe that to parry, you had to click the left stick in while pressing an attack button as an enemy attack is about to connect.

Turns out you have to flick the stick in the direction of the incoming attack while pressing an attack button. Which I actually find very intuitive. It actually takes skill to use.

My only real negative point, is that I find it silly that the dodge ability has to be bought from the upgrade menu. It can be afforded pretty much when upgrades become available, but I didn't realise that I had to buy the move to use it. So when I first encountered a Gecko, I died like two or three times because I was trying to dodge out of combos but it wasn't working (also keep in mind that I am playing through for the first time and I chose Hard difficulty). Dodging is pretty much standard in any hack and slash game, so it should be there from the get go. It's just a really irrational design choice that made me doubt the game for a second. Once you buy the dodge ability though, combat is much more fluid and I haven't had that much trouble since.

And I love the cutscenes. So much.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
zzsdf Emerald Sparx Gems: 4185
#53 Posted: 05:42:43 03/04/2013
Uhhh Big Boss has a rock in his head at the end of the trailer.
Uhhhhhh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:53:44 03/04/2013 by zzsdf
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#54 Posted: 00:13:24 05/04/2013 | Topic Creator
*Inb4 big boss suddenly goes into another coma*
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me