Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Dragonborn [PRIVATE] [CLOSED]
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#1 Posted: 23:25:06 21/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Dovahkiin, Dovahkiin, naal ok zin los vahriin; Wah dein vokul mahfaeraak ahst vaal!

[User Posted Image]

Umbra-of-Eclipse is a young Argonian woman - tall, slender, and deadly. As a child, her family was ambushed and killed, and she herself barely survived. The perpetrators were members of the Dark Brotherhood, though unbeknownst to her at the time. She did not find this out until years later, after she had joined up with the "esteemed" Thieves Guild. Left alone in the wilds of Cyrodiil, Umbra had no choice but to flee, though to where she did not know. She ended up on the border of Skyrim, and was taken prisoner there by a group of Imperials. As the soldiers were about to behead her, the legendary dragon and Nordic god of destruction, Alduin World-Eater, swooped from the sky and sent the soldiers and prisoners alike running amok. Thus began the story of the Dragonborn Umbra; the lone Argonian who used the power of the dragon language and her own personal strength to banish Alduin and deliver Skyrim from the iron rule of the dragons.

However, her epic does not end with the eradication of the World-Eater and years of peaceful respite in her Riften home...

Since this is basically a continuation topic (run by two people) I'm not bothering with character sheets and the like.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:25:20 21/02/2013 by Dragon Lover
Dacon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3176
#2 Posted: 23:50:03 21/02/2013
Alrighty then, you want to start, or shall I write something first~?
---
GET ME PICTURES OF SPIDERMAN!

"I swear that thing has a mind of it's own." - Samius
#3 Posted: 01:20:50 22/02/2013 | Topic Creator
[I'll start. smilie And Torok will probably be joining us.]

Umbra sighed to herself as she closed the door behind her. Another day of... nothing. Although she had enjoyed the years of rest and relaxation in Riften, deep down Umbra yearned for another adventure. There were still a lot of dragons about, and occasionally a nearby settlement would call for her aid - and pay her well for her services - but it had gotten to the point where killing dragons and absorbing their souls was quite monotonous. Umbra stroked the feathers on her head - as she often did - and headed out to the market.
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#4 Posted: 01:45:28 22/02/2013
My character:

Name: Dar'Jo
Species: Khajiit
Skill in each of the schools: Expert in Destruction, Adept in Conjuration, Apprentice in Alteration, Adept in Restoration, Novice in Illusion, Novice in Enchanting.
Spells known in each school-
-Destruction: Flames, Firebolt, Frostbite, Ice spike, Lightning bolt, Wall of Storms, Cloak of fire.
-Conjuration: Bound sword, Bound bow, Conjure familiar (wolf). Conjure spectral horse.
-Alteration: Oakflesh, Stoneflesh, Courage.
-Illusion: Clairvoyance.**
-Restoration: Healing, fast healing, close wounds.
Staffs: Staff of Magnus, staff of wall of flames.
Weapons: Dwemer sword that deals magical damage.
Appearance: Brown-orange, lean Khajiit, has black stripes on his face and neck. Yellow eyes.
Apparel: Dark blue robe enchanted with magic regeneration, dark brown hood enchanted with resist frost, scaled bracers enchanted with fortify alchemy, scaled boots enchanted with resist shock, the Ring of Matrimony. Wears a large scroll on his back.
Personality: Highly intelligent, has a great interest in the Dwemer and ancient magic. Thoroughly enjoys reading.**
Other: Is the Archmage of the college of Winterhold. Marcurio is his husband.

A character that is not mine, but am using:

Name: Marcurio
Species: Imperial
Skill in each school: Adept in Destruction, Restoration, Alteration, Novice in Conjuration and Illusion.
Spells known in each school-
-Destruction: Flames, Sparks, Ice Spikes, Firebolts, Frostbite.
-Conjuration: Conjure spectral horse.
-Alteration: Oakflesh.
-Illusion: N/A
-Restoration: Healing, healing hands, turn undead, lesser ward.
Staffs: Staff of conjure flame atronach.
Weapons: Elven dagger of frost.
Appearance: Lean Imperial, light skin, dark hair tied in a pony tail, has a small beard.
Apparel: Orange robes enchanted with magic regeneration, leather boots enchanted with resist magic, Bond of Matrimony.
Personality: Has a bit of an ego, can be stubborn, highly intelligent, enjoys learning, especially interested in the Dwemer, is an expert in his knowledge of Nordic culture.
Other: He's second in command of the College of Winterhold and also Dar'Jo's husband.
#5 Posted: 02:22:50 22/02/2013 | Topic Creator
[Welcome, Torok. :3]
#6 Posted: 02:47:11 22/02/2013
Dar'Jo and Marcurio rode their magical horses on the cobbled roads of Skyrim, leaving the snow covered area of Winterhold and heading for the autumn land of the Reach, towards Riften.
Dar'Jo heard the Dragonborn had taken up residence in Riften, he wanted an audience with her. He hoped she could spare the time to have a conversation with two inquisitive mages.
#7 Posted: 03:21:25 22/02/2013 | Topic Creator
"Good morning, egg-sister!" Madesi called to her from his stand. Umbra couldn't resist a small grin. She nodded to him. "Hello, Madesi," she replied. As introverted as she was, she couldn't help but like Madesi. Not just because he was a fellow Argonian, but because he had such an effervescent personality.
#8 Posted: 03:41:09 22/02/2013
OOC: thanks! smilie

"Dar'Jo is very much excited about meeting the Argonian Dragonborn. I mean we could have so much to learn from her." Dar'Jo said.
"I've studied the Dragonborn legend several times. It says that dragon shouts are a language as well as pure magic itself. Ulfric Stormcloak, a common Nord, learned the Thu'um. If a Nord with no background in magic could learn the Thu'um think of what master mages can do..." Marcurio said, he began to daydream about what it would be like to learn the ancient dragon power.
"You think she could teach us?" Asked Dar'Jo.
"As I said before, if a simple Nord barbarian could learn the Thu'um so can we, in a fraction of the time it took him no less." Marcurio said.
"We can only hope, my darling." Dar'Jo said.
#9 Posted: 04:00:52 22/02/2013
Teldryn Sero, Dunmer from Raven Rock had arrived not so long ago to Windhelm, making his way to Riften. He was a mercenary, usually he waited for people to hire him, but hearing of Dragonborn here in Skyrim, he had to join her, he needed someone like her to lead him into adventures. Besides, everything back in Raven Rock, in Morrowind, was strange, it wasn't like it used to be in there.
On the road towards Riften, he noticed two mages, Marcurio and Dar'Jo. "Excuse me? Do you know where I could find this Dragonborn?"
---

#10 Posted: 11:19:16 22/02/2013
The mages made their ghostly horses trot up to the dark elf. "She is in Riften. This one and his partner are heading there right now to meet her." Dar'Jo said.
#11 Posted: 14:41:08 22/02/2013
In his full light chitin armour, he watched the mages. "Mind if I join your travel? I am looking to join her in her adventures." Teldryn said, he used to live in Skyrim for while, so he knew where Riften was, but right now he could use some travel company.
---

#12 Posted: 19:26:40 22/02/2013
"You may join, do you know the spell to conjure an ethereal horse? It makes travel so much easier." Dar'Jo asked.
#13 Posted: 20:26:12 22/02/2013
Teldryn shook his head as no. "I am more experienced on Destruction magic, only thing I know how to summon is Flame atronach."
---

#14 Posted: 21:12:29 22/02/2013
"Destruction is our main school too, but it doesn't hurt to dabble in others. Here." Dar'Jo said as he cast a spell. A dark purple and black portal opened up and a light blue transparent horse appeared as the portal closed. The horse just stood there, awaiting a rider. "Ride it. Don't worry, it won't bite. It is not meant to fight but to be ridden." The Khajiit Archmage said.
#15 Posted: 23:24:29 22/02/2013
Nodding slightly to them, Teldryn mounted the conjured horse, ready to travel with the mages.
---

#16 Posted: 00:34:20 23/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Another voice called to her from behind. "Hail, Dragonborn!" Umbra turned to see Balimund the blacksmith, touching up what appeared to be a dagger on the grindstone. "'Umbra' is fine," she replied with a chuckle. She meandered over to him, and he stood, brandishing his newest creation: a fine ebony dagger. Balimund laughed as well and held the knife out to her. "What do you think?" he asked. Umbra ran a finger gingerly along the blade. "It's a fine piece, my friend," she said with a nod.

Balimind started to say something but his eyes widened. "Umbra!" he gasped. Over the years Umbra had developed an uncanny sense of detecting imminent danger, and in one fluid movement she whirled and Balimund's dagger hit flesh. Her would-be murderer croaked and hit the ground. Riften was subject to bandits and thieves slinking in and assaulting town folk, but this man was dressed quite exotically: burgundy robes and a menacing mask. The townspeople gathered to see.
#17 Posted: 01:45:35 23/02/2013
Dar'Jo and Marcurio rode their horses towards Riften. They enjoyed the autumn landscape, it was a nice change from the snowy landscape or tundra.
"Dear, do you think Keerava and Talon still remember me? I wonder what they'll think of me now, I'm no longer the mercenary Mage for hire, but the husband of the Archmage." Marcurio said.
"This one doesn't know. Maybe you could ask when we get there." Dar'Jo said to his husband, he then turned his attention to the Dunmer. "So, Teldryn where do you hail from?"
#18 Posted: 01:53:26 23/02/2013
Turning his attention to the Archmage, Teldryn kept riding. "I grew up in the city of Blacklight in Morrowind, after that I moved here to Skyrim, living in Grey Quarters in Windhelm." He spoke, remembering his meeting with Saint Jiub back in Blacklight. "After that, I moved to Solstheim, Raven Rock, which happens to still be my home."

OOC: Here's some more info of Teldryn, I will be using this, + my own game experience with him as my information.
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Teldryn_Sero
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:56:09 23/02/2013 by Dacon
#19 Posted: 02:01:56 23/02/2013
"This one is sorry you must live in the slums of Windhelm, but at least you get entry to the cities. Dar'Jo is still not allowed into most cities." Dar'Jo said.
"The only way he can enter all the cities is if he's with me, I hate how other races are treated by the local Nords." Marcurio said.
#20 Posted: 03:06:56 23/02/2013
"Don't be sorry for that, I am a mercenary, I didn't spend so much time in Windhelm, as seeing I was hired by many people back in the days." Teldryn said. "Thank Azura I found my home in Raven Rock, but I have to say, it sure is nice to get some fresh air out of all that ash."

Meanwhile, in another realm....
"They failed me, didn't they?" Voice spoke, standing with hooded Imperial.
"Yes master, but how did you know?" The Imperial asked, looking down to ground in respect.
"I can feel her soul, she is still alive... I want you to find her, She can not reach Solstheim, she could turn out to be a trouble." the voice spoke again. The Imperial gave his master a small nod, taking out a book, disappearing from the realm.
"You will fall, Dragonborn..."
---

Edited 2 times - Last edited at 03:14:40 23/02/2013 by Dacon
#21 Posted: 05:07:36 23/02/2013
"How does Raven Rock look these days since... The tragedy...?" Marcurio asked the Dunmer.
#22 Posted: 09:47:11 23/02/2013
"It isn't as bad as everyone thinks. Couple Ash Spawns here and there." Teldryn said, increasing the speed of his horse little bit.
---

#23 Posted: 12:58:02 23/02/2013
"I see. Are there many inhabitants there?" Asked the Imperial Mage.
#24 Posted: 13:53:01 23/02/2013
Teldryn gave him a small nod. "Quite, Mostly Dunmers, and Nords. I've seen couple Orcs there too."
---

#25 Posted: 14:25:06 23/02/2013
"I see, interesting that Nords would live there though. Must be trying to get away from the war and the dragons." Marcurio said.
They rode past a few guard towers and were nearing the city.
#26 Posted: 16:13:07 23/02/2013
"Mostly the Nords living there are from Skaal Village or their families have been living on the island for years." Teldryn spoke.
---

#27 Posted: 18:16:26 23/02/2013
"I'm willing to bet the Nords there aren't damn racists like the Nords here, am I correct on that assumption?" Marcurio asked.
#28 Posted: 18:31:31 23/02/2013
"That's right, everyone is equal there. Well, there might be some very old Dunmers there who are still feeling grudge towards Argonians, because of the Argonian Invasion years ago in Morrowind." Teldryn chuckled, he stopped his horse as they arrived to the city gates of Riften.
---

#29 Posted: 18:37:52 23/02/2013
"Do you have anything against the Argonians? The Dragonborn is Argonian after all, she may not take kindly to racism." Dar'Jo said.
The Khajiit and Imperial mages got off their horses, as soon as they did the horses vanished.
#30 Posted: 18:49:32 23/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Umbra knelt and began to sift through the folds of the man's robes. She picked out a few septims and a small letter, its seal broken. Ah, here we are, she thought as she unfolded the parchment. She mostly skimmed over the letter, but the words "false Dragonborn" and "Miraak" imprinted themselves onto her brain. She threw the letter and stood. Wordlessly, she returned to her house and began gathering her traveling supplies. Windhelm, she told herself. The letter also said something about a ship docked at Windhelm, that came from Raven Rock... Now where is that?
#31 Posted: 21:30:43 23/02/2013
"I'm not even old enough to remember that war, I have nothing against Argonians, and I am sure many other Dunmer in Raven Rock are with me." Teldryn said as they entered Riften. "Ah, Riften... So many memories."
---

#32 Posted: 21:56:39 23/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Umbra adjusted the sword at her waist; she had donned her old Nightingale armor and taken Chillrend off the weapon rack. With her supply pouch around her shoulder (heavy with provisions and potions) she left the comfort of her home - it could've been for the last time, one never could tell. In the streets of Riften, three newcomers had arrived: one a Dunmer, the other Khajiit, and the last a man, though which race she couldn't say.
#33 Posted: 22:10:41 23/02/2013
Teldryn was very easy to be noticed to not be from Skyrim, his chitin armour was something you couldn't find from Skyrim. Noticing the Argonian in Nightingale suit, he walked towards her.

OOC: This handsome fella here is Teldryn
[User Posted Image]
---

#34 Posted: 00:06:39 24/02/2013
Dar'Jo and Marcurio saw the Argonian. They walked towards her, both probably rehearsing what to say to her in their minds.
#35 Posted: 01:20:48 24/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Umbra watched them approach, face serene. An odd bunch, she decided. She was ready to unsheathe her sword in a moment's notice.
#36 Posted: 01:28:25 24/02/2013
"Dragonborn, I assume?" Teldryn asked, then looking at the body of the man who had tried to kill her previously. "Huh, when I saw them on boat with me, I never guessed they were coming after you..."
---

Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#37 Posted: 02:02:01 24/02/2013
Name: Sheogorath or in his original form "Thule"
Species: Daedra (Originally Imperial)
Skill in each of the schools: When he was a mortal he was an expert in destruction, master in conjuration and master of single blade and shield through he only used a few spells of each school and never bothered learning or mastering the others. He is all powerful and invincible in his realm or area of his design but when he often travels to the mortal realm he is restricted and his abilities are mortal like as the rule of the divine states
Appearance: Tall, sleek man with a mustache and dressed in fancy or well mannered clothing, strange catlike eyes and dark facial hair
Apparel: Oblivion Daedric Armor
Personality: Since becoming a Daedra he has become mad to the point joking at nearly everything no matter the threat and never taking most things seriously, if he does take something seriously then it's got to be bad, He enjoys fighting, has some moral code, and often breaks the fourth wall which is often ignored to as being insane by others
History: Was the Hero of Kvatch, the legendary figure who destroyed the oblivion gate in Kvatch and aided Martin Septim in defeating Mehrunes Dagon during the oblivion crisis saving the realm, during and afterwards he embarked on many of quests such as saving a painter who became trapped inside his own creation. It was rumored he soon went inside the strange gate to a realm of madness that had appeared and was never seen again, the truth is he entered the realm of Sheogorath and eventually restore Sheogorath to his original form while becoming a god in the process and taking over as Sheogorath. Through he now acts and behaves with the appearance of Sheogorath himself he often likes to stop the "act" and be his original self for awhile
Weapon: Daedric Shield and Duskfang
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:32:09 26/02/2013 by Jackson117
#38 Posted: 03:01:37 24/02/2013
"Dragonborn, it is such an honor to be meeting you- What happen? Did someone try to hurt you?" Dar'Jo asked when he saw the dead man.
#39 Posted: 04:36:55 24/02/2013 | Topic Creator
[Welcome, Jackson. smilie]

Umbra simply stared at the two that spoke to her, not knowing what to say at first and simply answering both of them with a nod. She then gazed at the Khajiit and said, "Yes. Not to be rude but who exactly are you?"
#40 Posted: 05:26:35 24/02/2013
"I am Dar'Jo, Archmage of the college of Winterhold." Dar'Jo said, bowing his head slightly.
"I am Marcurio, Master wizard at the college and Dar'Jo's husband." Marcurio said, politely.
#41 Posted: 05:37:17 24/02/2013 | Topic Creator
They're married? Umbra thought, but she dismissed it. "Ah, a pleasure to meet you, Dar'Jo and Marcurio. As I see you already know, I am Umbra-of-Eclipse." She gave the mages a slight bow, and looked to the dark elf.
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#42 Posted: 06:41:55 24/02/2013
There were eyes watching the group but it was hard to tell in a town of people full of passing or on-looking citizens, In the dark alleyway was a figure wearing an fully plated black armor, he was so plated that you might of thought he was a walking piece of armor, a shield on his left and a strange sword on his right he also had a furry cloak on his back.
#43 Posted: 15:26:48 24/02/2013
"Teldryn Sero, at your service. I came here from Raven Rock to seek you, to become your follower." Teldryn spoke. "Everything has been quite strange over there and I thought I maybe could need an adventure."
---

#44 Posted: 16:27:34 24/02/2013
"And if you don't mind, we would like to ask some questions. If you have the time for a small interview. If you don't that's fine, we know you must be quite busy." Marcurio said to Umbra.
#45 Posted: 16:38:29 24/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Umbra gazed at the dark elf as he spoke, and nearly gave a start at the mention of Raven Rock. "I hope you don't mind going right back over there. I believe the strange things you speak of revolve somewhat around me." To Marcurio, she said, "If you had come maybe a day earlier, we could have had the leisure of a talk inside my house over some wine. But alas, duty calls again. Perhaps if you would like to accompany me to this Raven Rock, we could speak on the way there."
#46 Posted: 17:00:18 24/02/2013
"As long as I get to adventure, it has been a while since last time." Teldryn nodded as agreement to go back to Raven Rock with her.
---

#47 Posted: 18:53:18 24/02/2013
"Yes, we would like to accompany you, this one has not been out of Skyrim in years. An opportunity to visit a new land would be quite an adventure." Dar'Jo said.
"Dar'Jo, are you sure? I mean, leaving the college..." Marcurio said.
"The college has survived without me before and I doubt it will crumble while I'm away." Dar'Jo said.
"Yes, I know that, but the others think we've just gone to Riften, not across the sea." Marcurio said.
"Hmm, you've got a strong point. This one is sure we'll bump into a courier on our way. We can write a note and have him deliver it to the college." Dar'Jo said.
"You have a point, my love." Said Marcurio, he turned to Umbra. "Mind if I go into the inn, I need to write a letter to my colleagues?" He asked.
#48 Posted: 23:21:54 24/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Umbra nodded to Marcurio. "Just don't take too long," she said.
#49 Posted: 23:39:14 24/02/2013
"Yes. I'll be right back." Said the Imperial as he rushed into the tavern.
Dar'Jo looked at Umbra. "Why must you go to Raven Rock?"
#50 Posted: 02:10:03 25/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Umbra glanced at the strangely masked corpse and sighed. Pointing to it with her tail, she replied, "This man tried to kill me on the orders of someone named Miraak, who apparently resides somewhere called Raven Rock." She paused. "Anyone who tries to kill me will not go unpunished." She added that somewhat as an explanation, but mostly as a warning.
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me