Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > My fan fiction: Strato's Quest
Page 1 of 1
My fan fiction: Strato's Quest [CLOSED]
SequoiaDragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3930
#1 Posted: 21:23:19 02/08/2008 | Topic Creator
At last, I am writing a fanfic that I can share on darkSpyro! This one has elements of ANB, TEN, and StD, plus my own ideas, of course. It's still a work in progress, so I might get stuck at some points and not write anything for a while. I'm kind of making it up as I go. Just bear with me. smilie

~PROLOGUE
Mercury, the Dragon Guardian, stood in the center of the hatchery. The flickering light of the wall torches made his green and orange scales
glisten brilliantly. He looked to the four corners of the room. In the fire corner lay dozens of Dragon eggs. In the Ice corner were those of Gryphons. In the Earth corner were Chimera eggs. In the Electricity corner, however, there were no eggs, but many Unicorn newborns, all sleeping snugly amongst each other.
The sight of these new generations of magical creatures warmed Mercury's heart. Smiling, he turned to walk out of the hatchery.
A cry came from behind him.
He turned around to see one of the Unicorns with his head up, and his bright eyes wide in fear. He could sense something that Mercury, in his old age, could not. The Unicorn cried out again. His crying began to wake the others...or perhaps it was not just his crying alone. But whatever it was, the others began crying, too.
Mercury walked over and tried to calm them.
"Shh, quiet down," he muttered in a soothing voice. "It's alright, little ones. Uncle Mercury is here."
But 'Uncle Mercury' himself was a bit on edge from the Unicorns' frightened cries.
Suddenly, an adult Unicorn with fur so bright that it seemed to glow burst through the door of the hatchery. She was so agitated, that small electric shocks flickered around her long spiral horn.
"Arcadia," said Mercury. "What is it?"
"Save as many eggs and babies that you possibly can," she wheezed in panic. "The Gnorcs are coming! The Gnorcs are coming!!"
Gnorcs. Hideous, green-pelted gremlins with sunken eyes and dripping grimaces were headed for the hatchery. They had returned from their exile in the wastelands. But what did they want with the babies and eggs? Surely, to destroy them.
Mercury would not allow it.
"Arcadia," he said, as steadily as possible, "Fetch Corona and Siarnaq as quickly as you can. We can't evacuate these by ourselves. And for goodness' sake, calm yourself!"
When Arcadia was off, Mercury grabbed a small basket and placed as many eggs as he could inside it. Then he took the basket outside, and clutching it tightly, he flew off into the night.
It wasn't long before he reached the shore. He watched the ocean's black ripples for a few moments. Then he glided down to the glassy surface and placed the egg basket into the water. He watched it drift away with a heavy heart as he flew back to help the others.
When he got back, however, there was no help to be given. Arcadia, Corona, and Siarnaq were all unconscious on the floor. All of the eggs had either been smashed or stolen, and there were no Unicorn newborns to be seen. Several ghastly Gnorcs looked up at Mercury and cackled their triumph in his astonished face.
...Meanwhile, the drifting egg basket was found by Kappas; mischievous, carapace-backed water sprites. Giggling and grinning, they tore open the basket and gleefully started playing with the colorful eggs that spilled out. They would surely play with the eggs until they broke or the Kappas grew bored and fancied eating them instead.
But two eggs escaped... two Dragon eggs, incidentally, and they were swept by the ocean's currents away from the playful clutches of the Kappas and toward the distant land of Avalar.

.......Well, that's it so far. Hope you like it! smilie
---
My book Harahpin is now on sale! smilie
Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
#2 Posted: 22:28:25 02/08/2008
Nice!smilie
#3 Posted: 01:02:41 03/08/2008 | Topic Creator
Thanks. smilie
---
#4 Posted: 01:20:51 03/08/2008
NP!smilie
#5 Posted: 15:21:39 03/08/2008 | Topic Creator
Sigh. You're the only one who seems to care about it. smilie Thanks for that.
---
#6 Posted: 15:38:23 03/08/2008
I don't see why your story is great!smilie Maybe if you write more more people will read it and comment on it.smilie It is atleast worth a try!smilie
spyrathedragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#7 Posted: 19:12:55 03/08/2008
i LOVE it!can you check out mine ppl?it's in mah siggy!
---
Lovatic for life. <3
The Peace Keepers
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
spyrorockforeva Green Sparx Gems: 391
#8 Posted: 19:46:19 03/08/2008
i think it is great see there is now 3 people who have read it and more people will come. so just write when ya like but don't like take foreva to write the next part i want to know what is going to happen and i think i spoke for all 3 of us am i right.
---
spyro rocks foreva
spread the word to the world
#9 Posted: 21:48:37 03/08/2008 | Topic Creator
YAY! More people! smilie Sorry I'm just excited... this is the first fanfic I have written on darkSpyro. Thanks you guys!
---
#10 Posted: 22:06:43 03/08/2008
no thank you for writing this great story that i am eager to find out about the next part.
i can't wait for the next part lol
oh and for yar first fanfic ya did a awsome job
---
spyro rocks foreva
#11 Posted: 22:29:59 03/08/2008 | Topic Creator
Thanks! It's not my first fanfic EVER, though, and certainly not my first story. It's just the first one I've put on this site. smilie
---
#12 Posted: 03:53:42 04/08/2008 | Topic Creator
Double post! smilie Here's the next part!

~Chapter 1 (Ten years later)
The large goat raised his head and looked toward the trees where the two were hiding. They held perfectly still and tried to conceal their bright scales among the green foliage. He hadn't seen them, had he?
'Don't worry, he hasn't seen us yet,' Terriah thought into Strato's mind.
Strato relaxed a little. Still, Terriah had less reason to worry; Strato was larger, and her scales were brighter. She looked over at her sister. She would never understand how Terriah was able to project her thoughts like that.
Terriah was a dragon of ten years, same as Strato. The former had dusky, purple-blue scales and a gold crest and wings, which had teal membranes, and she had blue horns. Her eyes were a dangerous icy blue, and had tiny, almost slit-like pupils. Terriah was a dwarf, however: she was quite small for her age. But her mind was so strong that she could communicate telepathically, and hear the thoughts of others.
Strato however, was of normal size and intelligence. Her scales were a magenta-ish purple, and she had bright gold wings and a crest of similar color, and large golden horns. Her eyes were purple as well.
'Terriah won't best me this time,' Strato thought. 'I'll go before she can think, and I'll tackle the big goat, and she'll be stuck with the little fodder sheep like I always...'
'Don't even think about it,' Terriah's thoughts cut in on Strato's in her own head. 'That's cheating. We both go at the count of three.'
'Oh, and using your mind to lure the goat isn't cheating?' Strato thought. But if Terriah heard it, she ignored it.
'Ok,' Terriah thought. 'Ready? One! Two! Three!'
Strato darted from her hiding spot like a bullet, with Terriah in tow, sluggish by comparison. The sheep took notice and started hopping off, bleating with annoyance. Strato didn't even look behind her to see how far Terriah had gotten. She made a beeline for the big goat, who was bounding away, dead ahead. Strato kept her eyes riveted on the back of his horned head.
'Closer...'
She was gaining...
'Closer... oh, come on paws, move!'
Almost upon him...
'So close...!'
And...!
Suddenly, the goat whipped himself around, and leapt right over Strato, making her brake and duck.
"WHOA!!"
She stood up and turned to see the goat heading straight for Terriah, who was sitting calmly in the clearing, some distance away. When the goat reached her, he began trotting in circles around her. He was obeying her every mental command.
Strato growled under her breath.
"Hey Strato!" Terriah called smugly. "I do believe I'm gaining experience."
"Yeah?" Strato called back. "Well I'm getting better, too! Did you see how close I got?"
"Indeed," Terriah said. "Well, watch this!"
The telepath dragon snapped her head toward the goat, and he abruptly stood on his hind legs, and of all the absurd things, began dancing, his hooves tapping gracefully on the grass.
"I made him think he's a beautiful ballerina," the dwarf dragon said. "Pretty impressive, eh?"
Strato met her gaze with fire in her eyes. She would not show humiliation.
The goat stopped dancing and stood normally again. Terriah seized his gray flank and hauled herself onto his back.
"I've always wanted to do this," she said. "Yee-HAW!!" She began to ride the goat around the clearing.
Strato grinned menacingly. "That's it, Terriah! When I get over there...!"
She started off, but felt a tug at her tail. Someone had grabbed it from behind. She turned around, with rocks in her stomach.
"...Elora..."
The faun gazed sternly down at her, tapping one hoof on the grass. Elora looked up to the place where Terriah was riding.
"Terriah..." she called.
"Huh? WHOA!"
Terriah lost her mental grasp on the goat, and he promptly flung her off his back.
"Get over here, young lady!"
When the small dragon stood beside the larger, Elora scolded them both.
"Now girls, we've spoken about this! You two have got to stop terrorizing our sheep!"
"Sorry, Elora."
"Yes, I, too, apologize..."
Elora crouched and looked them in the eyes. "That's not enough, I'm afraid. Do you promise never to play this silly game again?"
They both nodded, but caught each other's sideways glances out of the corners of their eyes.
"Those are my good dragons," Elora said, as she stood again. "Now both of you go to the Idol Springs and wash up. It's nearly suppertime."
"Yes, mam."
With that, the faun began to walk back to the village. When she was gone, Strato looked at Terriah accusingly. She needed to vent her frustration over the game's loss.
"It's your fault we got caught!"
"MY fault?" Terriah said defensively. "Surely you jest!"
"I do not! If you weren't making such a ruckus with your gloating, why...!"
"What?! It was your mistake, streaking from the trees and flashing your purple hide in the sunlight, like a veritable beacon to be seen for miles around...!"
Strato threw back her head and laughed haughtily. "Oh, ho, HO! So that's it, huh? That's why it's my fault?"
"Most certainly, my dear sister!"
Strato grinned slyly. "Yeah? Well take this!!"
With a flash and a crackle, flames burst from Strato's throat, directly at Terriah. She dodged just in time.
"So that's the way it is!" the small dragon said. "Quite! Hah!!"
Terriah sent a flash of fire in Strato's direction. Strato giggled and dived out of the way.
The dragons laughed as they chased each other across the clearing, spitting flames about. Sheep bleated in alarm and hopped away.
"Is this the best you got?" Terriah teased.
"Alright Terriah, you asked for it!"
Strato inhaled deeply and felt her chest expand. The flames boiled in her stomach and burst from her mouth. Terriah dodged, and the fire shot straight at the sheep behind her.
The sheep cried out in panic and ran across the clearing, their wool ignited. Strato watched them go in shock.
"Strato, what have you done?" Terriah cried as she ran up beside.
The sheep ran wildly, catching fire to other sheep, who in turn caught fire to the cottage of Caprina, the shepherd.
The two dragons could not move and could barely breathe. They stared blankly into the space in front of them, hearing the sheep's bleats of anguish, and smelling the burning wool and flesh.

~
---
Last edited at 04:00:02 04/08/2008 by SequoiaDragon
Night Owl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1942
#13 Posted: 08:08:22 04/08/2008
WOW! I can't wait to see what happens next!
---
Back from hibernation.
#14 Posted: 12:31:32 04/08/2008
yeah the next part, the next part lol
---
spyro rocks foreva
#15 Posted: 15:00:19 04/08/2008
That was AWESOME!smilie But is Terriah a Dragon or Dwarf?
#16 Posted: 15:31:08 04/08/2008 | Topic Creator
smilie, She's a dragon! She's just got dwarfism, meaning that she's small and a bit underdeveloped. smilie
---
#17 Posted: 15:54:57 04/08/2008
Oh thanks!smilie I just got a little confused!
#18 Posted: 16:03:16 05/08/2008 | Topic Creator
~Chapter 2
"I've had it, Elora! This time they've gone too far!"
Caprina was furious. She was quite fearsome when she was angry. She was taller than Elora, and her silver-white hair and goat fur outlined her gaunt features somehow. She would surely have given the two dragons a whacking with her shepherd's crook if Elora hadn't intervened.
"Caprina, they couldn't have meant it!" Elora pleaded.
"Hush! You can't possibly defend them this time!"
Mutters of assent came from all around, for the entire village was assembled in the clearing. Some of the fauns were tending to the badly burned sheep. The whole area smelled of smoking wool.
Everyone had heard thhe ruckus, and quickly brought water to put out the fires. Most of the sheep had survived, but they were terribly burned. Some fauns had already begun an expedition to Colossus to bring back a healing serum from the monks.
Strato and Terriah clung to Elora, and cried into her fur. There was no hiding their shame. How could the fauns ever forgive them?
"These vile, murderous little hoodlums can no longer live in Summer Forest," Caprina continued, "or anywhere in Avalar! Send them back to the Mystic Kingdom where they belong, and they can wreak their havoc freely!"
Elora shook her head tragically as agreeing shouts came from many of the fauns.
"You know that's impossible," Elora said to Caprina, but loud enough for all to hear. "The dragons, along with everyone else on that landmass, perished nearly a decade ago. Strato and Terriah are the last living remnants of that land. We couldn't send them back, even if we knew how! It is now occupied by the evil that drove the rest of their kind to extinction!"
"Well, until you find them a place to live take them back to the village and keep them there," Caprina said. "I'll not see their scaly little faces around my clearing again!"
And she stormed back to her charred clay house. Muttering amongst themselves, the fauns began to disperse. Elora broke away from the dragons and stood a few paces away, her back to them. She hung her head and shook it sadly.
"Elora," Strato sobbed. "We're sorry..."
The faun was silent for a moment before speaking again.
"Come back to the village, you two."
She began to walk back, and the dragons somberly followed.
. . .
The walk back through the trees seemed unusually long and grueling. Both Strato and Terriah marveled at how persistent a thing guilt was. Would it ever stop nagging at their hearts?
At last they reached the village, where the streets were of stone and the structures of clay, and oil lamps lit the evening. The dragons tried to avoid the gazes of the few fauns who were still out, but their stares were almost substantial, and like knives that cut throught them.
When Elora and the dragons were inside, they quickly shut the wooden door behind them, and drew the drapes over the window-holes. Elora lit the lamps.
Then, they sat, and were silent.
Strato walked over and placed her head into the faun's lap. Elora touched the dragon's spiked head.
"Please, Strato," she sighed. "Not now."
Strato receded sadly, and Elora stood again and leaned against the dark hearth, with her back to the dragons.
"You two realize what you've done."
"Yes..."
"Not only are the sheep injured, but there is a party on its way to Colossus as we speak. The trip up the mountains is a long and grueling one. Before they get back, the sheep might...might..."
Terriah scowled and gritted her teeth. "Might die," she sobbed.
Every one winced at the word.
"They will get back on time," Strato cried. "They will..."
"No, Elora's right!" Terriah said. "Did you see the burns on the sheep? The trauma must've taken a toll on them too! And the trip to Colossus and back will take days, if not more! Face it, the poor creatures are done for!"
Elora finally snapped.
"Ohhhh," she wailed. "You destructive beasts! Caprina was right! Oh, I wish I'd never found your eggs!!"
The dragons and Elora alike were in stunned silence over the outburst. Strato and Terriah felt something flooding up in their chests.
Elora slowly looked back at them from the hearth. "Girls, I... I'm sorry..."
"Come, Strato," Terriah choked, trying to hold her voice steady. "We're going to bed."
"Girls, wait, I..."
Before Strato followed, she looked back at Elora, and a tear slid down her purple cheek.
. . .
That night, Strato woke to find Terriah at their room's window-hole. The small dragon climbed into it.
"Where do you think you're going?" Strato yawned.
"I can take a hint," Terriah replied. "If she doesn't want us around, then I don't see why I should burden her further."
Strato rose from her cushion.
"Terriah, Elora loves us. What she said was hurtful, but she didn't mean it."
"Rubbish. It's common knowledge that when a person is under stress, they reveal things that they wouldn't normally reveal. She meant every word."
"If you leave, then where in the world will you go?" Strato demanded.
Terriah looked sharply back at her sister, meeting her gaze with those piercing icy eyes.
"I'm going to find the Mystic Kingdom."
"WHAT?"
"Hush! Elora is sleeping, and I'll not have you waking her! You heard me! The Mystic Kingdom! I'm going to find it, and the other dragons. There's got to be more left of it than just us, and the evil that occupies it now."
Her blue eyes shone again.
"Just think," she continued. "Perhaps I'll even free them from the evil."
"Terriah, you're crazy! We're the only dragons left. And how can you be sure there even IS a Mystic Kindom, when you only heard Caprina mention it? That name alone makes it sound like a big old myth!"
"How can you question its existence whe you, yourself, are living proof?"
"Oh, come on! Our eggs probably dropped from an eyrie somewhere!"
"Our eggs were cast from the Kingdom to save us from the evil."
"...Okay. Say there is this big magic land out there, invaded by evil. How are YOU going to save it?"
"One can do anything if one puts one's mind to it. And, I don't like to brag, but I have a lot of mind to put."
Without waiting for Strato to take another breath, Terriah leapt from the window.
Besides her brain, Terriah's wings were probably the most well developed part of her. She was a fair flyer, but strained visibly on her down strokes.
When she took off, Strato quickly flew after. Terriah round the corner of a house and headed for the woods. Strato followed, gaining quickly. The small dragon went around a large tree, just as Strato caught her. They both ran into something large... and scaly.
The creature turned its horned head around and snarled at them. They whimpered and were ready to run, but found themselves captivated by this beast, who glistened in the moonlight that shone through the canopy.
Now that they got a longer look, they could see that he was winged. He also seemed entranced by them.
"You're..." Terriah breathed. "...a dragon..."
"...Survivors..." The creature spoke with a deep, soft voice.
"Survivors?" Terriah's eyes glinted again. "...of what?"
"Now is not the time to talk," the dragon said. "Go back to your sleeping place, and get some rest. In the morning, come find me here again, and I will tell you more. You two have a great journey ahead of you."
Strato stared, and Terriah was entranced.
"Come on, Terriah," Strato said.
But Terriah would not move. She gazed up at the big dragon, with the glint in her blue eyes stronger than ever.
"...Terriah?"
The small dragon only breathed one enchanted word.
"...Journey."
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:11:32 18/09/2008 by SequoiaDragon
#19 Posted: 16:15:40 05/08/2008
Cool!smilie And is that Dragon...Mercury?
#20 Posted: 17:14:56 05/08/2008 | Topic Creator
I'm not telling. smilie
---
#21 Posted: 17:15:38 05/08/2008
^ I wanna find that out to! PLZ continue!
---
Back from hibernation.
#22 Posted: 17:20:54 05/08/2008 | Topic Creator
I will. But, smilie, I have to make these chapters shorter. I had to delete quite a few words just be able to post this. smilie
---
#23 Posted: 17:23:34 05/08/2008
O.O I cannot even type that much words in a day!
---
Back from hibernation.
#24 Posted: 17:33:06 05/08/2008
Quote: SequoiaDragon
I will. But, smilie, I have to make these chapters shorter. I had to delete quite a few words just be able to post this. smilie

Really? I had no idea there was a letter limit, most of us probably couldn't it!
#25 Posted: 23:05:34 05/08/2008 | Topic Creator
At first it said I was 62 characters over the limit! smilie

Guys, after today I'll probably be away for a few days so I won't be able to put the next chapter until I get back. Sorry for the inconvenience. smilie
---
Last edited at 23:06:04 05/08/2008 by SequoiaDragon
#26 Posted: 07:44:35 06/08/2008
Thats OK, we can wait!
---
Back from hibernation.
#27 Posted: 11:09:33 06/08/2008
^ i agree well i will try. lol smilie
---
spyro rocks foreva
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me