Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > What do you think of cynder
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
What do you think of cynder [CLOSED]
Blackhawk Blue Sparx Gems: 650
#1 Posted: 00:44:19 13/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Cynder is a great dragon. I don't see why people don't like her. Besides that, Spyro and his games are awesome.
---
I love Star Wars! Especially RC-1207 "Sev" <3
"I have become a shadow of my former self. I am a monster. I am a ghost. I'm a warrior from Hell..." - Me
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#2 Posted: 01:25:26 13/02/2013
The fan base ruined her character... <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Cynder_fan Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#3 Posted: 07:00:40 13/02/2013
Quote: HIR

Why so?

And I like cynder for more than fanbase reasons.
---
Local technician who comes up with rediculous ideas
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5375
#4 Posted: 07:45:07 13/02/2013
*Ding* Opinion time:
She's underated now.. she used to be overated, but meh, this is in my eyes, so I could be completely wrong.
I liked her evil ANB personality, her TEN personality was cute, but I wanted to see more of her.
DOTD, was alright to me, not so annoying, it only started to be annoying when others were talking about how annoying she was.. I know, that's pretty stupid, but I'm like that :U

I haven't seen much of Skylanders Cynder, but I like her 'Let's go!' spirit *Budumtss?*.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9269
#5 Posted: 10:28:13 13/02/2013
I liked her in her evil form in ANB, she looked epic, and her personality fitted the scene very well. When Spyro battled with her, to make the evil go away from her, and when she returned to her normal self, I thought she was quite cute, and was interesting, until she appeared in TEN, I quite like the voice over for her, it suits her, but I just hate her attitude, and it just seems to make her too cliche, and not interesting at all. Then came the days of DOTD, and that was when she became completely intolerable, literally everything about her makes her a complete nause. I don't have an opinion for the one in Skylanders.
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#6 Posted: 11:47:37 13/02/2013
I personally only like her in ANB, and agree with everything else the post above me said, except I do like Skylanders Cynder's gameplay a whole lot, just not her character.
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 12:06:39 13/02/2013 by LevanJess
#7 Posted: 12:54:20 13/02/2013
I remember a couple of years ago that a bunch of users were making lots of topics just about Cynder, and that was really annoying too.
#8 Posted: 18:13:02 13/02/2013
Quote: Cynder_fan
Quote: HIR

Why so?

And I like cynder for more than fanbase reasons.

Between the loads of... um... "interesting" topics about her on the Dawn of the Dragon and General boards back in '08 and '09 to some of the venomous back-and-forth issues I saw on FF.net and DeviantArt it just rubbed me all the wrong way. That, and I thought she was REALLY annoying in Dawn of the Dragon. >.>
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10171
#9 Posted: 21:39:20 13/02/2013
Cyndorks ruined everything about her for me,but she was pretty bad already in DOTD e_e'
In ANB she was the standard scary evil bad guy, generic but still good; in TEN she definately needed to appear more,though she was pretty cool and looked like they were building her towards someone clever and quick-witted, though all we saw of that was during Fellmuth and before the FB and was very weak.
In DOTD it was just wrong. Her design doesn't need any description with those hips, she was Faux Action Girl into a dragon, and her 'rebelious and independent' attitude was just a sad attempt that ended up as a very annoying and weak character. Sparx was bad,but at least he didn't have to join in that final 'plot twist' where everything about her development is thrown to the ground and she can only be saved by the power of love.
In Skylanders,she's got at least a stabilished personality,though she needs to show up more in the books before I can be sure of anything.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#10 Posted: 21:51:16 13/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I will like cynder no matter what anybody says.
---
"I have become a shadow of my former self. I am a monster. I am a ghost. I'm a warrior from Hell..." - Me
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#11 Posted: 22:03:36 13/02/2013
And that's good, Blackhawk, everyone is free to express their opinion and views of Cynder.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
SamXala Gold Sparx Gems: 2398
#12 Posted: 22:21:44 13/02/2013
I like her as an Evil Dragon in ANB and I love her in DotD ^-^

I also read a lot of bad stuff about her, but I still like her a lot, I don't think she is annoying. The only thing that I really didn't like is her design in Skylanders series...
---
O_0 Holy Cow!! I'm a Gold Sparx!
CynderFan1309 Gold Sparx Gems: 2235
#13 Posted: 23:12:45 13/02/2013
Quote: Bifrost
snip

Pretty much all of this... You'd think by my name I'd like her, but this crap name is 3 years outdated...
#14 Posted: 23:16:12 13/02/2013
The dragonfly from ETD got the name first smilie 'Cinder'.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#15 Posted: 23:40:45 13/02/2013
Quote: Aura24

I was gonna say that!

Fan base trashed her and dotd trashed her! I like ANB/TEN Cynder though!
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#16 Posted: 00:54:03 14/02/2013

Lol I remember that Dragonfly smilie!!
---
#17 Posted: 03:26:58 14/02/2013
I thought she was a decent "unspeakable evil" in ANB. You know, the kind of villain you rarely see and even more rarely here, but all the characters talk about how awful the villain is. I thought her boss fight was one of the better ones in the game, too.
---
#18 Posted: 00:48:01 15/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I agree. I also dont understand why she was one of the only female dragons. Besides ember. I love Cynder! She is beautiful. Horrible fan base or not I still love her.
---
#19 Posted: 01:08:59 15/02/2013
Lol, It seems the Fan Base just **** up every single female dragon xD!!!
---
dragonsoul13 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1047
#20 Posted: 03:17:50 16/02/2013
I like Cynder as a character, I mean it's hard to not like Anti-heros. And that's what Cynder is she's an Anti-hero. Someone who is good but will do anything EVEN go against the main character to forfill her own goals. You would think that after being evil, turning good, and almost turning evil again would have mental side effects. Which you do kind of see that in The Legend of Spyro series, Cynder is haunted by her past. Skylanders Cynder on the other hand just does not seem to care so I'm not a big fan of her. If there was a Cynder game (and that would be amazing!) I would bet that it would be dark and twisted, likely rated M. You don't go threw that much hell and not be scarred. Moreover I agree that the fans of Cynder had weakened her status but I don;t think she has been fully killed either. If Skylanders died (and I REALLY hope it does) then I hope that if new Spyro games are made that Cynder would show more chaotic features like Insomnia, nightmares, illusions, and maybe even insanity. All that Dark Magic can't be good for the brain smilie
#21 Posted: 09:10:56 16/02/2013

And there we have our 'Classic' version of Cynder smilie
#22 Posted: 10:59:36 16/02/2013
Quote: crystalhero37

So "Cynder" was originally a dragonfly? Going "Buzzt..."
#23 Posted: 11:08:48 16/02/2013
Quote: SuperSpyroFan
Quote: crystalhero37

So "Cynder" was originally a dragonfly? Going "Buzzt..."

Bingo! That's why the fans went crazy, because Cinder went through so many changes in the TLOS series.
DragonDog Ripto Gems: 1798
#24 Posted: 12:26:31 16/02/2013
Quote: SamXala
Lol, It seems the Fan Base just **** up every single female dragon xD!!!

Ember has a very tiny Fanbase.
What I think:
SkylAnders is cool. And the legend everyone went nuts about. The End
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:27:49 16/02/2013 by DragonDog
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#25 Posted: 03:58:09 18/02/2013
I love Cynder in ANB, when she's a villain. She's okay in TEN, but that was because she got hardly any screen time. I don't know about Skylanders because I got bored and stopped playing the game before I even decided to use her.

She's horrible in DOTD though, and that was what made me hate her character and only like her when she was evil. Her fanbase and pushed romance with Spyro also ruined her character for me.

In other words she was great when she was a villain and I wish she stayed that way. I wouldn't have minded if she turned good if it worked out well for her character. The problem is that she's terrible as a good dragon, which was shown in DOTD. The creatures didn't do it right, even though TEN gave her plenty of potential to be just as good being a good guy as she was being a villain.

In TEN she seemed like she was a really good character who was skilled at quick-thinking. However, she was overshadowed with everything that happened in her past and it made her not show her true personality. I forgive her for that, even though it bugged me. Then she started to face it towards the end, and I honestly thought she was starting to become pretty cool at the end of TEN, getting Spyro out of the darkness. Like I said, TEN gave her the potential to be a good playable character to fight alongside Spyro in DOTD. However, her personality just twisted up and came out all wrong, probably because Krome didn't make the game. Also, I wouldn't have minded the Cynder and Spyro romance if Cynder didn't change personality and it wasn't pushed or sudden. I don't understand how Spyro can be in a relationship with Cynder if all she's ever done thought out the entire game is badmouth him.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:06:17 18/02/2013 by DarkCynder_543
Hawaii Five o Blue Sparx Gems: 734
#26 Posted: 21:54:12 20/02/2013
dude, i luv cynder.no matter what anyone says
---
~A true artist can never create his or her GOOD creations twice, but they may create their bad ones more~
#27 Posted: 17:45:53 21/02/2013
Quote: Blackhawk

Quote: Hawaii Five o

No need to be a little offended by the neutral/negative comments about Cynder, users are free to express their opinion about the character despite her being loved by others.
---
DarkCynder_543 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5210
#28 Posted: 05:14:00 22/02/2013
^ agreed

Its our own opinion. If you want to make topics like these, then expect it to bring in some haters. If you can't accept negative opinions on your favourite characters then just don't bother making the topic.
---
a true saiyan always sprinkles when he tinkles
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:14:54 22/02/2013 by DarkCynder_543
Hawaii Five o Blue Sparx Gems: 734
#29 Posted: 02:45:26 23/02/2013
i'm very offended when people say sh's annoying 'cause she's not.that's my final answer to this.
---
~A true artist can never create his or her GOOD creations twice, but they may create their bad ones more~
#30 Posted: 02:45:57 23/02/2013
It's okay that you think that. But others, like me, are still going to say that we think she's annoying. <.<;
---
LevanJess Emerald Sparx Gems: 3516
#31 Posted: 02:49:46 23/02/2013
In my opinion she's annoying... I know how it feels to be like "are you serious? :I" when someone bashes a character you love but if it bothers you a whole lot it'd just be best to ignore it or find other fans of the character..
---
but i love it all smooth
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:50:01 23/02/2013 by LevanJess
#32 Posted: 03:01:57 23/02/2013
i'm very offended when people say sh's annoying 'cause she's not.that's my final answer to this.

At that rate, it seems that you can't accept other people's opinions.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:02:36 23/02/2013 by Aura24
#33 Posted: 11:29:31 23/02/2013
TBH cynder means a lot to me but yet I get people don't like her.

I blame activision however.
---
#34 Posted: 17:29:43 23/02/2013
The development change between TEN and DotD was unneeded. Estranges Libellules had to rush the development of DotD, which included the character development and they weren't familiar with the Legend of Spyro trilogy like Krome Studios were.

As a result, DotD Cynder came out with a rushed personality that wasn't explained, her design brought in the dark side of the older Spyro fanbase, and her fanbase sometime after DotD came out literally made Cynder overrated. And her voice actor, Christina Ricci....ugh, she obviously didn't put any effort in putting any emotion to Cynder's voice at the time.
---
#35 Posted: 21:28:11 23/02/2013
The development change between TEN and DotD was unneeded. Estranges Libellules had to rush the development of DotD, which included the character development and they weren't familiar with the Legend of Spyro trilogy like Krome Studios were.

As a result, DotD Cynder came out with a rushed personality that wasn't explained, her design brought in the dark side of the older Spyro fanbase, and her fanbase sometime after DotD came out literally made Cynder overrated. And her voice actor, Christina Ricci....ugh, she obviously didn't put any effort in putting any emotion to Cynder's voice at the time.

But then perhaps that was due to payment and management, maybe they only bothered to record the lines once.
---
#36 Posted: 14:05:02 24/02/2013 | Topic Creator

No need to be a little offended by the neutral/negative comments about Cynder, users are free to express their opinion about the character despite her being loved by others.

I agree. I love Cynder. I don't care what anybody says.
---
#37 Posted: 15:24:05 24/02/2013
I don't care what anybody says.

I think we got that message already...
---
#38 Posted: 17:49:39 24/02/2013

*massive facepalm*If you can't take people's opinions because you get offended,you shouldn't be commenting about it,period.
---
#39 Posted: 23:41:44 26/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I still like cynder but i will accept other peoples opinions. Its only the right thing to do.
---
VeronicaTheFox Ripto Gems: 22
#40 Posted: 12:13:56 27/02/2013
I find her design... a little odd. I just can't figure out what they were going for...
Samius Hunter Gems: 9303
#41 Posted: 15:24:24 27/02/2013
I get the feeling that, in a sense, this is jut another "fictional character crush" -topic.
#42 Posted: 15:32:00 27/02/2013
Quote: Samius
I get the feeling that, in a sense, this is jut another "fictional character crush" -topic.

Well it had been a couple of years since the last one. ~_^
---
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#43 Posted: 16:28:26 27/02/2013
ANB Cynder: She's cool.
TEN Cynder: Again, cool. Her personality is pretty fitting. I also think she looks cute. (Like the way people think small dogs are cute, encase anyone misunderstood what I meant...)
DotD Cynder:.....Meh. Could have been so much better... ._.
Skylanders Cynder: She's okay. I'm pretty much neutral about her.
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#44 Posted: 22:46:29 05/03/2013
Augh I remember the old Spyro fanbase days with all the arguments about Cynder.

Cynder's neat! I've always liked her. Though I do admit- especially looking at it today- that she was/is really overrated, and I can see how she might be a marysue. But I like her nonetheless. smilie
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#45 Posted: 23:46:16 05/03/2013
I've decided to remember that she's a Spyro character and so getting all nitty gritty is unneeded.

I don't think she was overrated as she was a character designed for a family friendly game, and most of her real fans seemed pretty young. I honestly think older fans and haters alike conpletely miss that point and fall back on "the other side ruined her". They designed her for a demographic and she appealed to people in that demographic. Her character is fairly simple, and while I've read a few good fan fictions back in the day that made her more fleshed out, her character is fairly simple from what we get to find out about her. I still think she was pretty ambiguous really. Though I appreciate her for being a sassy character with a bit of a heart and I loved playing as her in DotD. There's also that glitch I found with her made her a welcome addition to me!

I suppose she's a character I just have fond memories of now, but because no new Spyro games come out I have not had enough reason to still have much of an attachment to her. I like hearing fan interpretations of what her voice should be like on YouTube though. And I love her design aesthetically speaking.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:48:22 05/03/2013 by sonicbrawler182
VespiDragon8 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6693
#46 Posted: 02:37:18 08/03/2013
Cynder is cool, sexy, somewhat angry, and has been a good character. Although for other people do not like much, she has its fans in the fandom, especially with its black design. Since, with the color purple in DOTD does not fit very well. I say the same thing, she looks better with the color black. And its design is normal for a dragoness, not a simple thing, but it is not an exaggeration. And I do not think it's an overrated character, simply they want to give more chance to give her a good debut as a character in a different story or art.

For my part, I would do the same thing (create a other story and give honor to the design), but my drawing skills are very bad.
#47 Posted: 00:43:41 09/03/2013
Quote: VespiDragon8
Cynder is cool, sexy, somewhat angry, and has been a good character. Although for other people do not like much, she has its fans in the fandom, especially with its black design. Since, with the color purple in DOTD does not fit very well. I say the same thing, she looks better with the color black. And its design is normal for a dragoness, not a simple thing, but it is not an exaggeration. And I do not think it's an overrated character, simply they want to give more chance to give her a good debut as a character in a different story or art.

For my part, I would do the same thing (create a other story and give honor to the design), but my drawing skills are very bad.

Wait,what?

//www.darkspyro.net/dawn/gallery038.jpg

It's not even color/texture issues or plain whining,it's PROPORTIONS. You can't have your chest three times the size of your hips,not only that'd be unhealthy to most mammals that's also impratical on animals,specially a lizard.No arguments on fictional characters here,because in DOTD they pretended they wanted them to look realistic. Even counting that,you can call sexism on it since it's an allusion to a woman with a hourglass figure.
ANB Cynder can be contested because she was thin the whole way through and TEN Cynder is chubby,but I can't see how DOTD's is normal for a dragoness,just look at female fan-dragons from artists which actually look into proportions.
---
#48 Posted: 20:14:20 10/03/2013
[quote=Bifrost
Wait,what?

//www.darkspyro.net/dawn/gallery038.jpg

It's not even color/texture issues or plain whining,it's PROPORTIONS. You can't have your chest three times the size of your hips,not only that'd be unhealthy to most mammals that's also impratical on animals,specially a lizard.No arguments on fictional characters here,because in DOTD they pretended they wanted them to look realistic. Even counting that,you can call sexism on it since it's an allusion to a woman with a hourglass figure.
ANB Cynder can be contested because she was thin the whole way through and TEN Cynder is chubby,but I can't see how DOTD's is normal for a dragoness,just look at female fan-dragons from artists which actually look into proportions.[/quote]

The official art work was terrible. This hsould have been her in DOTD:
[User Posted Image]
---
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me