darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > questions about the Ghost Roaster and L-Chop Chop glitchs
Page 1 of 1
questions about the Ghost Roaster and L-Chop Chop glitchs [CLOSED]
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#1 Posted: 15:37:39 10/02/2013 | Topic Creator
from what i understand, Ghost Roasters special quest can only be done before he chooses his upgrade path?
so since I have had mine fully upgraded before Giants even came out, im going to have to re-set him?
is that correct?

also, from what i understand, there is no way at all to get Gold Rank on Legendary Chop Chop, is that true?
Teratron Yellow Sparx Gems: 1796
#2 Posted: 16:45:12 10/02/2013
If your Ghost Roaster is on the Fear Eater path, he should be fine. It's one of the upgrades on his charging path that prevents him from completing his personal quest. So if you went that route and want to do all his quests, you'd have to reset him.

Legendary Chop Chop cannot complete the "By A Thread" quest. For whatever reason, the game never registers it when he defeats an Evil Undead Skylander. As far as I know, no one's found a way around this.
#3 Posted: 16:48:59 10/02/2013 | Topic Creator
yea i went Skull Master on him smilie

and by the way, i play on the 360 (never played on anything else)
are these glitches on all consoles?
what about the DS?
Buzzthebatgirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1526
#4 Posted: 16:50:07 10/02/2013
I think the Ghost Roaster personal quest becomes unwinnable if you get the second upgrade on the charge path (can't think of the name right now).

L-Chop Chop is just well, fudged really. I assume the only way for him to earn this quest is to hack/cheat it on(if that is possible). It hasn't worked for other users and it doesn't work on the Wii U either.
---
GITD smilie won on Facebook.com/Toywinner
Too many Skylanders in collection
niceguy1 Blue Sparx Gems: 532
#5 Posted: 01:51:03 11/02/2013
Hadn't tried getting Ghost Roaster's quests yet so hadn't noticed... Trying just now, this is absolutely correct! Skull Charged several chompies (cleared out the opening area of Junkyard Isles), and it still says I have 0! I guess somehow after one of the three upgrades, the game no longer recognizes that attack as the Skull Charge. I would guess it's the annoying one that makes him "chomp" for no reason every few seconds, slowing him down... At least, that's the one I hope, since I now have two reasons to reset him, I would love an excuse not to buy that stupid upgrade. It's a downgrade as far as I'm concerned. Paired with the ectoplasmic power that HURTS you, I never use it, so of course I didn't take that path. Ghost Roaster is so disappointing in so many ways! I like him too...

As for L Chop Chop, I know I got it on my regular Chop Chops (both Series 1 and Series 2)... Off the top of my head, I only know of one evil Undead (um, two): Autogyro in the Undead Gate, the two evil Chop Chops in there. Does anybody know of any others?
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:53:28 11/02/2013 by niceguy1
tiker Blue Sparx Gems: 568
#6 Posted: 01:54:39 11/02/2013
I was going to bump the old threads on this where "ActivisionAssist" or whatever the username is that posted "we'll look into this" asking what they found out and what they plan on doing to fix this.
---
Collection List and image
#7 Posted: 07:35:08 11/02/2013
I don't see how they could fix it, or anything really... The fault is clearly in the game. On a PC game you could patch the installation, but on consoles the complete gaming code is on the disc, no installation. Unless they programmed the game to be able to accept patches, to be able to download a patch that runs the game from there but modifies the appropriate code.... I've never seen a game do that, though.

The only option is to fix it so that future sales of the game don't have the problems, and that's not very fair to the early adopters who will have to continue suffering through the problems.
---
SSA- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
SG- smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieLCsmilie
#8 Posted: 14:28:07 16/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: niceguy1
I don't see how they could fix it, or anything really... The fault is clearly in the game. On a PC game you could patch the installation, but on consoles the complete gaming code is on the disc, no installation. Unless they programmed the game to be able to accept patches, to be able to download a patch that runs the game from there but modifies the appropriate code.... I've never seen a game do that, though.

The only option is to fix it so that future sales of the game don't have the problems, and that's not very fair to the early adopters who will have to continue suffering through the problems.

maybe im miss understanding, but i download game updates and patches for my xbox games all the time.
they could easily patch Skylanders, all you would need is Xbox Live.
WickedRogue Gold Sparx Gems: 2725
#9 Posted: 15:27:21 16/02/2013
Quote: tiker
I was going to bump the old threads on this where "ActivisionAssist" or whatever the username is that posted "we'll look into this" asking what they found out and what they plan on doing to fix this.

It's also a great way to avoid giving an answer.
---
Elite Skystones Set Complete.
tGrimm Blue Sparx Gems: 991
#10 Posted: 23:55:15 16/02/2013
What is the Legendary Chop Chop Glitch I keep reading about? The bossed around quest worked for me - I have the Wii version.
---
Yeah, I'm major OCD - I have them all, every one of them, and most of the easy to find variants. My favorite is Quick Draw Rattle Shake!
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#11 Posted: 00:00:56 17/02/2013
^ It's the"Defeat an Evil Undead Minion" Quest.
#12 Posted: 08:19:25 18/02/2013
Quote: Hazard335
maybe im miss understanding, but i download game updates and patches for my xbox games all the time.
they could easily patch Skylanders, all you would need is Xbox Live.

Needless to say, I've never tried this, LMAO! Okay then. I guess they might have programmed it to accept patches. I've never tried, so I don't know how you would do it, so I don't know how to check if there ARE patches.
---
siowm6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#13 Posted: 17:36:02 05/04/2013
Quote: Buzzthebatgirl
L-Chop Chop is just well, fudged really. I assume the only way for him to earn this quest is to hack/cheat it on(if that is possible).

[User Posted Image]

The hack/cheat thing is possible. It is the only way I have figured out how to do to make him Gold Rank (Had to figure out some way as my son and I like to make all our figures Gold Rank).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:39:41 05/04/2013 by siowm6
Hexblazer Blue Sparx Gems: 895
#14 Posted: 18:02:59 05/04/2013
So i cant complete ghost roaster quest when i take the skull charge path?
#15 Posted: 18:47:07 05/04/2013
If you want your Ghost Roaster to be on the Skull Charge path, and have Gold Rank, Then you will need to complete the Grave Circumstances quest before purchasing upgrades along the chosen path.

If you want your Ghost Roaster to be on the Fear Eater path, Then you have no issues. Play as normal.

If you already are on Skull Charge and have bought upgrades from this path you will need to reset your character and start over to be able to obtain Gold Rank.
#16 Posted: 02:58:13 06/04/2013 | Topic Creator
that hack is awesome.
I mean, I understand no game is glitch free, but that L-Chop Chop glitch is to big to go ignored in my opinion. (all other glitches I can live with)
and since they are ignoring it, Im really glad to see even one person not settling for Silver.
Terreneflame Blue Sparx Gems: 943
#17 Posted: 15:06:43 06/04/2013
The L-Chop Chop glitch is the one that most annoys me, as there isn't a solution (i'd accept resetting and doing it first, like i did with ghost roaster)

How DID you hack it? I bet you could make a business out fo hacking peoples L-Chop Chops for them..
#18 Posted: 16:05:16 06/04/2013
From what I have seen talking about the editor and how to use it are not topics that are liked on this site. Therefore I wont post it here. But I did answer a few PM's I received about the subject.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me