Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Art > Original Skylander Character thread
Page 1 of 1
Original Skylander Character thread [CLOSED]
Orohu Blue Sparx Gems: 704
#1 Posted: 05:38:23 03/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I wasn't sure if there was an official topic for this or not, and the other topics like this seem to have been buried, so I decided to make one. Fan Art was the appropriate place to put this since it isn't actually roleplaying or in a game, right?

In this topic, you may post any Skylander ideas you have. While I'm not going to restrict what the requirements for posting are, here are some good guidelines for making a Skylander OC:

1. Name
  2. Species/Appearance
  3. Size (Sidekick, Regular, or Giant)
  4. Element
  5. Basic attacks
  6. Upgrades, including paths

Other good things to include are their personality, their backstory, and how they became a Skylander in the first place. Artwork of your OC is also allowed and encouraged.

I'll kick things off by posting one of my own Skylander OCs:

"I'll Beast 'Em Up!"

Name: Fang (Alternative name Knight Bite)
Element: Undead
Species: Werewolf
Size: Regular

Appearance: Similar to a Sea Dog, but much more feral and wolf-like, with tattered clothes and glowing yellow eyes.

Backstory: Originally a human named Talbot, he was a fiercely loyal knight who defended his home from the ghosts, zombies, vampires, and other miscellaneous spooks of his part of Skylands. One fateful day, he single-handedly fended off an entire pack of werewolves from his hometown, and Eon was impressed enough by his bravery to make him a Skylander the next day. However, he had been hiding a bite from that battle, and the next full moon, one of his missions went awry as he found himself turned into a mindless beast. Luckily, his comrade Ignitor was there to keep him from harming civilians until Eon arrived. He attempted to use a powerful spell to keep the monster under control, but it came with a price. Talbot was in full control of his body again, but found himself unable to transform back into a human. He swore revenge on the beasts that had cursed him, but has recently began to embrace his new talents, favoring his claws over any sword or shield. With a new name and a renewed sense of self, Fang decided that the most constructive output for his rage was best used for fighting those who would do others wrong.

Notable relationships with other Skylanders:
Ignitor: He understands completely what Ignitor is going through, being trapped in a new body by a curse. The two are friends and loyal comrades.
Slam Bam: Occasional friendly rivals, the two like to compete in challenges of strength.
Pop Fizz: Fang has tried to get Pop Fizz to make a potion to turn him back to normal. Most of his attempts taste like orange soda and cause Fang to breathe fire for the next hour, though. Fizz also reminds Fang that insanity can be used to both good AND destructive ends.

Personality: Fang tends to categorize people into three groups: Strangers, Friends, Enemies, and it's wise to stay in one of the first two groups. When near those he trusts (including other Skylanders) he has a welcoming and friendly personality, and he would do anything to protect them. Unfortunately, this takes a lot of self control, which he is more than happy to ignore in the presence of foes. He has a quirky, half-insane, and slightly hostile tone to his voice. His quotes upon doing nonviolent tasks (Opening locks, winning at skystones, finding treasures) are friendly, but his in-battle quotes have more of a bestial, growly feel to them.

Main abilities:
(Attack 1) Cursed Claws: Fang swipes twice with each claw, then lunges forward to bite the enemy. (1-1-1 Combo)
(Attack 2) Raging Howl: Fang unleashes a damaging howl that inflicts minor damage over a large area.
(Attack 3) Berserker Rage: Fang rushes forward in a frenzy of powerful attacks while immune to damage. He is rendered immobile and cannot attack for a short period afterwards.

Upgrades:
*Sharper Claws: Claws deal increased damage.
*Blasting Breath: Increased damage from Howl attacks.
*Berserker Rage: (Attack 3) See Above
*Fast Swipes: Fang's Claw attacks become quicker.

Path 1:
Lunar Ravager - Further develop Claw Attacks.
*Metal Claws: Claw attacks does even MORE increased damage. (Visually, Fang gets metal claw add-ons to his hands.)
*Frenzy Tactics: His Claw attack gains more combo finishers.
-(1-1-2 Combo): At the end of the combo, instead of a bite attack, he blasts nearby enemies away with a roar.
-(1-1-3 Combo): At the end of his combo, instead of a bite attack, he rushes forward, knocking over most enemies in his path, dealing damage.
*Infecting Bite: Enemies hit by his bite may attack other enemies. This power does not work on bosses.

Path 2:
Worse Than Your Bite - Further upgrade Howl Attacks
*Intimidating Roar: Enemies may run away when hit with the Howl attack.
*Echoing Howl: Howl attack continues to expand on impact.
*Huff and Puff: Fang can hold his Howl attack indefinitely.

Soul Gem:
Lunar Regeneration: Fang regains some HP (1 per level) every second. His Berserker Rage power now has a decreased vulnerability time.

Wow Pow:
Moonlit Armor: Fang's rebuilt armor makes him harder to hit. Grants +40 armor. (Visually, Fang receives armor. Armor is molded onto the S2 figure)
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 07:22:34 03/02/2013 by Orohu
dinorang67 Gold Sparx Gems: 2409
#2 Posted: 07:18:28 03/02/2013
Cool! One of mine was an undead bat, here he is.

Name: Nightlight
Species: Bat
Appearance: black bat with BIG CUTE BLUE EYES and a cute top hat. :3
Size: Sidekick
Element: Undead
Basic attacks: Screech of Light: Lets out a deafening screech and illuminates the area around him temporarily.
Diving Strike: Dives down and damages an enemy.
Upgrades: Screech of Darkness: Screech lets out a dark cloud and stuns enemies.
Divebomb: Diving Strike does increased damage.
Cute oberwoad :3 : Stuns an enemy with cuteness.
Diving Missle: Diving Strike is leveled up to the max.

Backstory: He was asleep in a mine one day when Cynder found him and showed him to Eon. His screeching skills and small size made him an instant Sidekick.

I will upload the oaths later.
---
and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out and the lights go out a
#3 Posted: 07:23:25 03/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Aww, Nightlight sound both cute and helpful. smilie
I could definitely see Nightfright as the name of his larger, considerably less cute counterpart.

...and writing this comment made me consider another name for my Skylander. How does Knight Bite sound?
Infinitus Gold Sparx Gems: 2207
#4 Posted: 15:50:23 03/02/2013
I think this thread should be in fandom instead of the fan art subforum.
---
Shadow Dragon Avatar Made By Me!
My New Art Thread!
#5 Posted: 03:40:04 04/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Okay, thanks. I only made this topic because I didn't actually see one. I'll close it in a bit.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:40:38 04/02/2013 by Orohu
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me