Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > New Skylanders Domain Names Registered: Potential Names for 3rd
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
New Skylanders Domain Names Registered: Potential Names for 3rd [CLOSED]
jjgames Green Sparx Gems: 403
#1 Posted: 18:19:15 01/02/2013 | Topic Creator
An article on Fusible says they found four newly registered domain names with skylanders in them:

SkylandersKaosAlliance.com
SkylandersNanoForce.com
SkylandersSuperForce.com
SkylandersSwapForce.com

This time last year the newly registered domain names involved Skylanders Giants. Which do you think will be the name of the game?

Edit: I just saw this on the home page too.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:20:41 01/02/2013 by jjgames
DrillSarge Gold Sparx Gems: 2327
#2 Posted: 18:23:05 01/02/2013
Each force probably has its own characters or variants of the already existing characters. We will probably get to play as kaos finally and his Alliance.
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#3 Posted: 18:25:11 01/02/2013
My guess Skylanders Kaos Alliance. Based on we have seen prototype Kaos figures and that Kaos's mom is probally going to straighten him out to become allies with the Skylanders.
t7gga Yellow Sparx Gems: 1726
#4 Posted: 18:27:36 01/02/2013
whatever it is called, acti/bob need to do more that just add some sucky lights to the figures this time around
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#5 Posted: 19:24:37 01/02/2013
OMG what a hideous name for all of them!

Nano force makes me feel like the skykicks are going to become an actual thing instead of just an onscreen decoration. Superforce makes me feel like it has to do with some ultra soulgem type thing. Swap force reminds me of that hideous change the element of the Skylander idea. smilie
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#6 Posted: 19:35:15 01/02/2013
This has potential as long as they -

- Make the game longer
- Bring back Adventure Packs in a fashion that creates little downtime while waiting for figures
- Make less Series 2
- Make more Newlanders
- Leave the Giants number at 8
- If they have "Swap Force," "Nano Force," and "Super Force" they need to be integrated into the new figures, instead of making multiple variations of new figures.

What I mean by the last bit, is they could have rolled with Lightcore figures, but made all 8 Newlanders the Lightcores, as well as the Giants.

I guess we will see what happens.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
Jogue Red Sparx Gems: 61
#7 Posted: 21:27:37 01/02/2013
I bet we have to team up with Kaos and some of his minions to fight his mom... I want a Glumshanks figure!
Trigger Fizz Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#8 Posted: 21:34:51 01/02/2013
My guess is "Skylanders: Swap Force", and no, I don't think we'll be able to play as Kaos.
---
smilie NO POTIONS, NO GLORY! smilie
kiz3000 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1734
#9 Posted: 22:09:09 01/02/2013
My initial reaction was Kaos Alliance for the console games and the "Swap" games to be variations on the 3DS/Vita games, much like the Pokemon games.
TerraFizz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1484
#10 Posted: 22:15:32 01/02/2013
Nano Force will clearly be the name of the iOS game. It fits too well for that.
---
smilie Pop Fizz's Theme Song: smilie
http://youtu.be/zpE08s1g7m4
spyrocrash Platinum Sparx Gems: 5012
#11 Posted: 22:32:45 01/02/2013
Quote:
Leave the Giants number at 8

I don't think we'll get new Giants since they were the first skylanders.

And Kaos Alliance kind of implies that the Skylanders will team up with Kaos or maybe their could be a different story mode depending on the figures you get.( Skylanders equal the hero mode while Kaos equals the evil mode).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:33:11 01/02/2013 by spyrocrash
da_man671 Blue Sparx Gems: 634
#12 Posted: 22:39:56 01/02/2013
Yup that's true. Plus if there were more than 1 Giant in each element, the Giants would lose their prestige.
Heymybigfish Green Sparx Gems: 119
#13 Posted: 23:28:19 01/02/2013
it'd be pretty neat, if SWAP Force, is a new type of skylander.. like... robots or something, that you can' kind of build yourself... like, you buy the parts, and add them, so it has Head, arms, body, legs...etc...
---
smiliesmilie
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#14 Posted: 00:17:00 02/02/2013
Some assumptions like skylanders minis where real after all...

-SkylandersKaosAlliance
Tell me that Kaos and the evil side will be playable and they will face a bigger evil (a la twinsanity(

-SkylandersNanoForce
Mini skylanders?

-SkylandersSuperForce
Super skylanders? Super streng skylanders? Über Skylanders or just some giants?

-SkylandersSwapForce
Something gimmicky about swap. Not sure about it. Maybe it's elemental swap like people said
---
THE END IS NEAR
FLEIJA Green Sparx Gems: 395
#15 Posted: 00:22:27 02/02/2013
hehe theres your 8 new figures. Kaos and the gang! now what features and the gameplay will be? guess we have to.wait and see.
---
MIA: Volcanic Vault & Gnarly Tree Rex
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#16 Posted: 00:28:35 02/02/2013
I'm guessing Swapforce would be where one Slylander could swap between elements. Then they could have one upgrade path be based on one element, and the second on the other.
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
nitendofan92 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4572
#17 Posted: 00:34:20 02/02/2013
FLEIJA> same as the other game! And czs716 Oh no it's 8x4 so it make 32 NEW SKYLANDERS!!!!
---
THE END IS NEAR
Ash Starkindle Gold Sparx Gems: 2625
#18 Posted: 00:43:08 02/02/2013
In Skylanders Nano Force, the sidekicks could become playable characters! Starter pack: s2 smilie, s2 smilie, Micro Boom or Baby Burn ( sidekicks of smilie and smilie that I thought of ) I'd also like to see aa mini version of: smilie Icecube, smilie Wrecking Small, smilie Teeny Trouble, and smilie Ghost Toaster. Cool idea, right?
czs716 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1440
#19 Posted: 01:44:25 02/02/2013
Quote: nitendofan92
FLEIJA> same as the other game! And czs716 Oh no it's 8x4 so it make 32 NEW SKYLANDERS!!!!

What? One figure that can have two elemental powers.
---
Available for trade: NIB Walmart Exclusive Drill Sergeant (Not Red), NIB Granite Crusher. PM if interested.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#20 Posted: 01:50:38 02/02/2013
what if.....

The game was about the 4 forces fighting!
fireofexile Blue Sparx Gems: 703
#21 Posted: 03:05:03 02/02/2013
Skylanders Nanoforce sounds amazing smilie
#22 Posted: 03:49:19 02/02/2013
I WANT NANOS NAO
Hexin_Wishes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1522
#23 Posted: 03:51:32 02/02/2013
If they're expecting me to shell out 6$ for Nanolanders, they have another thing coming.

OH NO! Don't tell me the Nanos are the new Giants (as in size different Skylanders with different abilities). smilie I am NOT here for this.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#24 Posted: 04:18:01 02/02/2013
My thoughts on each:

Skylanders Kaos Alliance
Potentially a team up with Kaos. I think this is probably the most probable considering his "Mother" will be a much bigger threat.

Skylanders Nano Force
Sounds like an outlet to launch more Sidekicks, but as characters. Woah dudes. Guys listen. What if. Stay with me here. What if the Sidekicks we know are actually a whole team of of Skylanders known as the "Nano Force". That'd be neat actually if they incorporate them in some way.

Skylanders Super Force
Dunno what to think of this one. Maybe "Super Skylanders" which are the regular Skylanders but Hulked/Super Sayain'd out?

Skylanders Swap Force
Sounds like another probable one. Maybe something where you can swap character elements around or something?

inb4 these are all just clever ruses by Activision and we get something totally different announced.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#25 Posted: 04:24:57 02/02/2013
I would like to see Skylanders Kaos Alliance. Kaos would join the Skylanders and bring 1 minion to each element.
Kiroq Gold Sparx Gems: 2328
#26 Posted: 05:06:13 02/02/2013
But would Kaos go in the Magic or Undead element or a whole new one?
---
smilie Fools! I've had it up to here with your incompetence! Actually no, even higher..up to HERE!
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#27 Posted: 05:27:13 02/02/2013
Id say that kaos would be an ingame thingy. No figures or anything.
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#28 Posted: 05:35:06 02/02/2013
I am not getting it whatsoever, I got Ninjini, I am DONE!
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantime☠
#29 Posted: 05:52:40 02/02/2013
Maybe Kaos would just be there to guide you like how Flynn and other supporting characters did.
terrafan Blue Sparx Gems: 699
#30 Posted: 05:53:12 02/02/2013
My thoughts
Kaos Alliance: Name of game
Nano Force: New tiny skylanders that can get places others can't
Super Force: After hitting level cap as any lander, you get one super force upgrade
Swap Force: Can mix and match parts of lander
I am estatic
---
Awaiting: Disney Infinity, Batman Arkham Origins, Pokemon Y
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#31 Posted: 08:07:23 02/02/2013
My thoughts:
  • Kaos Alliance sounds the most likely for the titles and also the best for a game. See: Giants ending. It also doesn't sound as silly as the others.
  • But if that means Shadow Skylanders, I'm not looking forward to it because that would just be repaints which is lazy.
  • NO Adventure Packs return! Please! They're just a cheap outlet for money... Each of the levels last for something like an hour to totally complete even if you don't rush them. For $25? Nope. If people are unsatisfied with the replay value(despite... Seeming happy with SA's), just make the game have more levels and add levels that can only be accessed post game instead. We shouldn't have to pay for them- we already pay to use new characters.
  • Same goes for Battle Packs. Those were rubbish. In my opinion the Battle Pack levels weren't even very good and I use the others (default ones) more often. Heck, I used Volcanic Vault from the first game more often. (Though to be fair Giants has a much better Story Mode, so I played Battle less.)
  • Skylanders Nano Force: I said this to Matteomax: if they want to make "small" Skylanders, they should just make the Sidekicks actually useful instead. They're difficult to get(mainly for non-Americans), so they should mean something instead of being movement blockers.
  • Super Force: This sounds like something new related to solely figures a la the LightCore. It's too difficult to guess what this is as it could be a myriad of things.
  • Swap Force: I really hope this doesn't mean a lot of "swapping parts" stuff. I'll leave it at that.

It... Sounds like they'll be adding a lot of stuff that will just be more costly yet unexciting. I know about you guys, but since learning about these trademarks, I'm looking forward to Infinity a lot more. The only one that sounds like it has potential is Kaos Alliance. The rest all sound like money spinners(Giants were bad enough).
Then again, I was negative about Giants at announcement, and excited to get SA, and was surprised and disappointed respectively by them, so whatever.
I'm sure that this game will be ridiculously expensive just like Giants was more expensive than SA. smilie I don't think I'll bother keeping up with this, I'm hopping on the Infinity Bandwagon~ ^D^ b
The only thing that can save it for me at this point is online and that's something that should have been in the first game, not a selling feature for a sequel...
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 08:14:18 02/02/2013 by GamingMaster_76
#32 Posted: 08:22:34 02/02/2013
Well, I for one love Adventure Packs. It extends the life of the game for me. Even with 22 chapters in the first gamee, it still felt a tad short.

Plus, Adventure Packs build lore. I don't want Skylanders only being about KAOS, when they've built lore around Skylands. I would like to see this underwater capital that Wham Shell is the king of. I would like to see Vathek return and threaten the Dragon's Peak again. There is a lot of potential to tell side stories in the games, and if I have to pay for it, to extend the life of the game I already spent 75 bucks on, then so be it.

No Adventure Packs is what made Giants not as good as the first game in terms of level count and longevity. Plus, if there aren't any Adventure Packs going forward, Disney Infinity has Skylanders beat, because they will always be expanding their game which Power Discs (their answer to Magical Items) and playsets (their answer to Adventure Packs).

I am going to keep an eye out on how long Skylanders 3 is. For 70+ bucks, I shouldn't be able to beat it in 2 days of playing 3-4 hours a day.
---
Deadmau5 Fan 98 Red Sparx Gems: 79
#33 Posted: 08:49:40 02/02/2013
I like the idea of kaos teaming up with the skylanders after the ending in Giants. That sounds hilarious if Kaos' mother straightned Kaos out and he would have to team up with the skylanders. But one last thing... NO MORE GIANTS!
---
Ghosts N Stuff!
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#34 Posted: 12:12:32 02/02/2013
Quote: wgeorge111
My guess Skylanders Kaos Alliance. Based on we have seen prototype Kaos figures and that Kaos's mom is probally going to straighten him out to become allies with the Skylanders.

I'm thinking that his mom is like super-evil and he can only turn to the Skylanders to help defeat her.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
CommanderGame Emerald Sparx Gems: 3610
#35 Posted: 15:15:32 02/02/2013
Tbh, I find it HIGHLY unlikely that Activision will use only one of those domains, one of them Is the Console version, the other one is probably the Android/Apple version.Who knows, maybe one of those is a board game.
jjgames Green Sparx Gems: 403
#36 Posted: 15:36:08 02/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: CommanderGame
Tbh, I find it HIGHLY unlikely that Activision will use only one of those domains, one of them Is the Console version, the other one is probably the Android/Apple version.Who knows, maybe one of those is a board game.

Or they could just be registering a bunch of different domains to stoke conversations like this with Skylander community. It only costs $20 or so to register a domain name. Very, very cheap advertising if they wanted to throw people off.
wgeorge111 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3774
#37 Posted: 16:58:25 02/02/2013
This is an interesting article from The HD Room regarding this topic.
http://www.thehdroom.com/news/...landers-3/11993
#38 Posted: 17:03:25 02/02/2013
Everyone is thinking that Swap/Super/Nano Force means new games, but I guess no one remembers how the domains were announced last year?

Last Year they registered domains for skylandersgiants.com and skylanderslightcore.com. They also did a skylanderspatriots.com, but I think that was just a joke, seeing as the Giants and Patriots were playing against each other in the Super Bowl.

My guess, Nano Force is a type of figure, Super Force is a type of figure, and Swap Force is a type of figure for KAOS Alliance.
---
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#39 Posted: 17:31:01 02/02/2013
Also, there's a good chance these might be the names of iOS titles.
Kevinvert Gold Sparx Gems: 2146
#40 Posted: 17:41:29 02/02/2013
hmmm..
---
Team Hot Dog!
#41 Posted: 18:00:37 02/02/2013
NANO FORCE GO!

but i'm kind of looking forward to the nanos the most.

but if the're going for SKA, then i want to see buckshot!
RatchetJukes1 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1327
#42 Posted: 19:35:05 02/02/2013
I want it to be Kaos alliance as I love the Kaos figure, also it would add a cool aspect to the game (playing as the villain) just as someone said before me, it would be like Crash Twinsanity which was awesome!
---
smilie's resident Lombax has returned!
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#43 Posted: 21:33:35 02/02/2013
Thoughts and what-not

Skylanders: Kaos Alliance
The title of the game. It makes sense based on the post credits scene in Giants, and seems the most probable since it's the odd one out, as it were. The obvious is that it means an alliance with Kaos - not necessarily Kaos as a playable character, but maybe we will have Skylanders that were enemies from the previous games?

Maybe some a Drow Skylander? Maybe this is why Boomer is said to return, being a troll and all. I was kind of hoping that they'd introduce new elements this year too - or at least another class that is required to access certain areas, but something you don't get with the game. It was a bit boring that I could complete Giants 100% the day I got it because I didn't have to buy any extra characters than what I got for SSA.

Skylanders: Nano Force
Possibly a mobile game, but I still think that it could be a part of the game. Maybe we will have a new 'force' classes of Skylanders that are separated into these 3 categories. If so, then nano would obviously be smaller and maybe have some advantage against sneaking around large enemies or entering smaller areas - maybe even some new minigames (no pun intended) with smaller characters? If 'Nano Force' Skylanders are a class of their own - I think one with come with the console game.

Skylanders: Super Force
As said above, could be a mobile game - but if they are new class of Skylanders then I think the 'Super Force' Skylanders would probably have some kind of blast effect similar to that of the lightcore effect - maybe something that they can activate at any time during a level rather than the first time they enter a level. That would actually be an improvement on the LC blast - the number of times I wasted that blast by starting the level with a LC character was a bit annoying.

Skylanders:Swap Force
Swap Force? If I'm continuing the theme that the 'force' title is for a new class of Skylanders then I would suggest 2 Skylanders in 1 that you switch between. But it seems more like the 3DS version of the game - where you swap between two different characters. Not sure why that would be the focus of a whole game - but I guess we'll have to wait and see.
terrafan Blue Sparx Gems: 699
#44 Posted: 00:42:19 03/02/2013
I can't wait for this
---
Awaiting: Disney Infinity, Batman Arkham Origins, Pokemon Y
#45 Posted: 01:19:09 03/02/2013
I still think people are reading too much into this. The Swap/Super/Nano Force domains are probably for new types of figures. They registered the domain skylanderslightcore.com when they registered Giants last year, and we didn't see Skylanders Lightcore the game.
---
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#46 Posted: 02:56:28 03/02/2013
^ They did? I don't recall. If that's the case then I'm interested in seeing these new 'Force' characters in action.
Matteomax Platinum Sparx Gems: 5378
#47 Posted: 03:01:25 03/02/2013
Maybe Sidekicks? Or an even more-than-uber kiddie friendly remake with chunkier characters?

Or a TV series? Movie? ETC, ETC, ETC.
---
Will still be checking the forums every now and then!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:01:50 03/02/2013 by Matteomax
GamingMaster_76 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1271
#48 Posted: 14:29:35 03/02/2013
Quote: GameMaster78
Plus, Adventure Packs build lore. I don't want Skylanders only being about KAOS, when they've built lore around Skylands. I would like to see this underwater capital that Wham Shell is the king of. I would like to see Vathek return and threaten the Dragon's Peak again. There is a lot of potential to tell side stories in the games, and if I have to pay for it, to extend the life of the game I already spent 75 bucks on, then so be it.

Right, but the key word in "video games" is games. They don't need massive lore. I'd rather buy a game and play through a fun game than be playing an "epic" or something, having to learn about all kinds of story around the game. I play games to play. Not to watch. That is what movies are for. <I guess it's one of the main reasons of why I preferred SA 3DS to Giants 3DS(along with the fact that glitch-wise the former is much more stable).>

Also, I did make another alternate suggestion: simply make levels that are post-game only. They would fill the same role as adventure packs without one needing to pay for them. The huge downfall of APs. Yeah, they're releasing new levels, but they are ridiculously short. It's like getting back into Pokémon after not playing since you finished the rest of the Pokédex just because one event Pokémon became available.

They can release more APs more often, but that would just mean putting less levels in the actual game to make more profit off of selling extra ones. (See the last paragraph of this rant.) Average/new customer is unlikely to want to buy a shorter game then pay for more levels monthly or so and would rather just buy a longer game, even if it were only slightly longer.

Breakdown estimation of APs: $10 character + $5 per other piece. The Location Pieces themselves are a one-use item sans the mega blast, and... Actually, does anyone ever use the Magic Items?!

Conclusion: IMO, APs stink, because they cost more for a plastic piece (which literally have no relation to any of the designs in the game whatsoever in the case of EoI and DP's ones) that adds about one hour of content, two tiny things that will probably only gather dust, and stop people that just want the character from having the character. If I weren't seriously collecting, I'd only want Darklight Crypt for Ghost Roaster and for $25(RRP for APs was actually $30 in Australia while they were produced)... Forget it. It hurts even more that Magic Items do practically nothing in the non-console/3DS games and the location pieces are simply incompatible with them(besides Universe, which only gives you a very, very teeny coin bonus).

The only other reasonable alternative would be to offer location pieces and the characters in separate single packs. And let's not fool around- we're dealing with Activision here, so that wouldn't happen- at best, not for months(see Hot Dog- EB Games declares he will be in a Single Pack TBA '13; when he SHOULD be available on his own at the same time as the set releases). They only want to squeeze as much money as they can from people. The fact that they release triple packs with partially new and partially old characters so that you either have to spend more or wait for an absurdly long time proves that.

I'm not saying that Skylanders couldn't be better, and I think that Toys For Bob could make some really awesome games if they were given more freedom... But really, Activision are just holding them back. They'll kill this series like they killed Guitar Hero, which was doing well and just got canned. It's showing already, only a few months past the release of the franchise's second game. And Toys For Bob need to design new characters and new levels each game, YEARLY, and they can only make so many characters before they start becoming too close to one another as well.
And I know that you're thinking Activision are making problems for this franchise too, because I stalk NeoGAF now. (smilie I have a guilty pleasure of stalking forums of interest.) And you said something along the lines of "Activision seem to be raising figure costs each game".

TL; DR; conspiracykeanu_Activision.jpg
Flashwing Yellow Sparx Gems: 1411
#49 Posted: 18:49:43 03/02/2013
There is one thing that concerns about this....
Kaos isn't in the 3DS version... We have Hecktor instead
---
landbasered Blue Sparx Gems: 719
#50 Posted: 18:55:36 03/02/2013
well, yes and no.
We had Hektor in the first 3ds game, but Giants had Frightbeard.
Which is a shame. I miss Hektor.
---
Check out my site at lbr-skylanders.info
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me