Page 1 of 1
HIya, Stupid! [CLOSED]
BlackNight12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2343
#1 Posted: 22:25:42 24/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Ever since Razz left no one has been having enough fun poking fun at DotD!

What was the most overall stupid part of this game to you story-wise? I'm at a tough decision between the dreaded "I love you" line from cynder and Malefor gay plan.

Okay, go!

Also: DotD fans if you don't like the topic, just move on! You like it and that's okay.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:26:05 24/01/2013 by BlackNight12
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#2 Posted: 22:35:42 24/01/2013
People have long since moved on from DotD anyway... <.<; Also, the topic name is pretty misleading. My first thought was this was an introduction by a new user in the wrong place. Maybe consider changing the name to something like "Stupid Moments in DotD?" <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#3 Posted: 02:19:44 25/01/2013
Popular artist on deviantArt who did (still does?) a lot of Spyro art.
---
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#4 Posted: 03:27:38 25/01/2013
Quote: HIR
People have long since moved on from DotD anyway... <.<; Also, the topic name is pretty misleading. My first thought was this was an introduction by a new user in the wrong place. Maybe consider changing the name to something like "Stupid Moments in DotD?" <.<;

^This.
There's really nothing more to poke fun at, since we've already poked fun at everything in it, leaving nothing left to do with it...

I did notice something new earlier when I was playing....
At the end, when Ignitus is talking to the Chronicler, half the Chronicler's right horn is missing...XD
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#5 Posted: 03:39:06 25/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: cowpowa23

^This.
There's really nothing more to poke fun at, since we've already poked fun at everything in it, leaving nothing left to do with it...

I did notice something new earlier when I was playing....
At the end, when Ignitus is talking to the Chronicler, half the Chronicler's right horn is missing...smilie

There's always something to poke at and besides, the question was indeed "what are the most stupid parts of the storyline" I thought of another to add on my part, Ignitus the fire guardian had died to fire. Me and Razz had a good chat about that once upon a time.

Oh, ya and Razz used to be a user here a while ago. She left DA too though. The fans ticked her off.
---
Trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble, trouble! - Taylor Swift
#6 Posted: 04:34:46 25/01/2013
Ignitus' death may have actually made sense...
They were in a war for 3 years. And he was also extremely old. (He sounds really tired in this one.)
And going through that fire while using so much of his energy to create that shield. While using his last bits of energy he was vulnerable to the Darkness inside the fire, so it ended up killing him.

---
A stupid/cheesy part I think is when Malefor turns Cynder into Dark Cynder, and Spyro brings her back with a cheesy line...(I don't need to type it here, we all know what he says.) I don't even get how he has "Nothing left to fight for". It just doesn't make sense to me....
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#7 Posted: 06:04:04 25/01/2013 | Topic Creator
They were in a war for 3 years. And he was also extremely old. (He sounds really tired in this one.)
And going through that fire while using so much of his energy to create that shield. While using his last bits of energy he was vulnerable to the Darkness inside the fire, so it ended up killing him.

---
A stupid/cheesy part I think is when Malefor turns Cynder into Dark Cynder, and Spyro brings her back with a cheesy line...(I don't need to type it here, we all know what he says.) I don't even get how he has "Nothing left to fight for". It just doesn't make sense to me....

I'll be honest, It's stupid in any way to me.X3 I'll think about that though.

You're dead on right about the dark cynder thing though. The dark forme was caused by Spyro falling into the well of souls as the moons aligned so neither Spyro or Cynder should have been able to use "dark forme" with or without Malefor it doesn't make sense and Spyro's line made no sense whatever. I mean, how about the world, sparx, the guardians, Hunter, his parents,etc?smilie I think her comeback line "There's always something to fight for" is rather stupid too. Sneds of a very hostile agneda if you catch my meaning.
---
#8 Posted: 16:19:26 25/01/2013
Quote: BlackNight12

---

I'll be honest, It's stupid in any way to me.X3 I'll think about that though.

You're dead on right about the dark cynder thing though. The dark forme was caused by Spyro falling into the well of souls as the moons aligned so neither Spyro or Cynder should have been able to use "dark forme" with or without Malefor it doesn't make sense and Spyro's line made no sense whatever. I mean, how about the world, sparx, the guardians, Hunter, his parents,etc?:D I think her comeback line "There's always something to fight for" is rather stupid too. Sneds of a very hostile agneda if you catch my meaning.

Yep, exactly.
Did he forget about everyone or something?....
Also, when the Dark Alignment happened in TEN, I think some of it stayed inside Spyro, so whenever he got overly upset over something, it unleashes the darkness inside him, causing him to go Dark Spyro.
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#9 Posted: 22:44:29 25/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Perhaps, but the lack of actually explaining it seems to make it more of a plot hole then anything.

Here's another, Why can Cynder mary sue use things like fury and the purple dragons power? at the end she's using the same powers that Spyro had used in ANB. They should have just had her go "dark forme", Spyro kills her, moves on and kills Malefor. Would have made a better story and a one on one fight wth Spyro and Malefor would make a better climax.
---
#10 Posted: 01:46:05 26/01/2013
She can use Convexity because she was corrupted by a purple dragon, which gave her Convexity.
Also, I agree. Spyro being forced to kill Cynder would have been a lot better...
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#11 Posted: 03:22:18 26/01/2013 | Topic Creator
She can use Convexity because she was corrupted by a purple dragon, which gave her Convexity.
Also, I agree. Spyro being forced to kill Cynder would have been a lot better...

I'm not certain that convexity and Spyro's powers are even the same. No where states that and even if they were though she's no longer corrupted by Malefor. I think it was just the producers/directors treating her as higher then she is. No where was it stated that's why she had those powers s I can't accept that as a reason.smilie

It would of added at the least a teeny bit of emotion to the game...

(So far my topic seems to just be me and you talking, tis' okay though!X3)
---
#12 Posted: 03:43:06 26/01/2013
Like I said, DotD kind of died off with all the Skylanders stuff. If you want my opinion, the whole game can be filed under "stupid" if you ask me. The "tether system" was really stupid. And the plot reasoning? So "Cynder could lead Spyro to Malefor so he can kill Spyro?" Rubbish! <.<;
---
#13 Posted: 05:55:33 26/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Like I said, DotD kind of died off with all the Skylanders stuff. If you want my opinion, the whole game can be filed under "stupid" if you ask me. The "tether system" was really stupid. And the plot reasoning? So "Cynder could lead Spyro to Malefor so he can kill Spyro?" Rubbish! <.<;

I know, You're right it has died really. I had just played through the game again for giggles and thought I would see if anyone else had any new opinions on stuff from the game. It has died down. Most of the users I used to talk with in this section have left though so I guess I'm mostly by myself.^.^

The tether was rubbish. It didn't need to be a part of the story at all, plenty of games keep characters close to one another gameplay wise and don't need it in the story.
---
#14 Posted: 06:44:53 26/01/2013
I thought Cynder was only tricking Spyro into freeing Malefor (Either unwillingly, or unknowingly...Most likely the latter, I think.).

I actually don't mind the Tether, but that's just me...

I agree though with the Producers treating Cynder higher then she is...
I'm pretty sure they did that so they were equal in abilities though.

But if Convexity and Spyro's powers aren't the same, how is he able to use it? (Unless I'm misunderstanding something..)
I see Convexity as the Purple Dragon's main element. So I don't see why he wouldn't be able to use it.
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#15 Posted: 15:23:56 26/01/2013
Actually, Convexity is the label that the fandom gave to it, on account of the first instance of its use occurring in the Convexity level in ANB. <.<; I think DotD just dubbed it Fury Breath. >.>
---
#16 Posted: 20:15:26 26/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Actually, Convexity is the label that the fandom gave to it, on account of the first instance of its use occurring in the Convexity level in ANB. <.<; I think DotD just dubbed it Fury Breath. >.>

^yah, that's a fan name! And it's that Cynder shouldn't be equal on ability grounds at all with Spyro or Malefor and especially ot be able to use powers that they can. Yah, it's just more evidence of them treating her as a god.smilie

(HIR, Congrat's by the way on becoming a Hunter!)
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me