Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 16 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16
To Beat a Horror (MLP RP) [CLOSED]
Nyght Gold Sparx Gems: 2765
#1 Posted: 07:42:59 18/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Hurray! I was inspired to do this RP by a fanfic I read that does not share the same name. I will, however, borrow elements from it. (All credit to the writer)

Backstory
The ponies of Ponyville stumbled across a strange tree growing in the Everfree Forest. Sickly yellow berries grew from its branches that tasted sweeter than any apple imaginable. The berries were harvested in great numbers, a few used to plant more trees around the town.
The Zebra, Zecora, caught wind of this phenomenon and tried to warn the citizens of Ponyville of the danger they were bringing with these "Scari Berries". Nopony listened. The sweet juice of the berry was far too good to be malevolent, right?
Two weeks passed, most ponies in Ponyville have eaten large quantities of Scari Berries. Strange occurrences began to surface. Everypony felt like they were being watched. A few claimed to have seen somepony lurking in the shadows.
Three months passed. The sightings escalated to an everyday occurance. Frequent disappearances have alerted authorities to investigate the phenomenon. The results are horrifying. A report is sent to Princess Celestia describing accounts of being stalked by a malevolent force known to them as "Slendermane".
Four months pass. The Princess quarantines Ponyville and much of the Everfree Forest with impenetrable magic. Ponyville is left to fend for itself.
Chaos and disorder turn pony against pony in the fight for survival. The town and nearby forest become a hunting ground for the alleged Slendermane. All seems lost.

Objective:
You and a group of friends have banded together to survive this nightmare. You have a few choices to do so, but each one has its own consequences.
1. Survive. Fend off hostile fear-crazed ponies and the relentless Slendermane in hopes of being rescued one day. But beware, Slendermane can get impatient, and other ponies need your food and supplies too.
2. Escape. Find a way past the powerful barrier around Ponyville to freedom in the outside world. But remember that the quarantine will be upheld at all costs, and if you can get past the barrier, so can Slendermane.
3. Fight. Try to figure out Slendermane's one weakness. But that requires close contact quite often, and not everypony will be willing to help you.

Important to remember:
~Not every pony is friendly.
~The magical barrier is harmful to ALL things that touch it.
~Not every pony has eaten the Scari Berries.

Slendermane survival:
Here are some things that cause reactions from Slendermane.
~Loud noise.
~Hit-and-run assault.
~Heavy assault.
~Sudden illumination.
~Glaring.
There is many more, and it is up to you to figure out what causes good or bad Slendermane behavior.

Other important info:
~A distraction could save one life, and end another.
~Scari Berries cause a pony to see Slendermane more often than a "clean" pony, bit cause severe paranoia and increased vulnerability to his effects.
~A "clean" pony is more resistant to Slendermane's psychological torture, but often have difficulty noticing him nearby.
~Zecora's home has a mysterious ancient magic that wards off Slendermane, but only for a few hours. Zecora will have to gather more ingredients to set up the spell again.

Slendermane and the Day-Night Cycle:
Because of the constant focus on the shielding around Ponyville, the Princess has divided the day as such:
~Daytime- lasts ten hours. Slendermane attacks are few as his stalking is rather ineffective in broad daylight. TheEverfree Forest is always dark, though...
~Nighttime- lasts ten hours. Slendermane is a master of slipping into the nighttime shadows. Attacks are frequent and terrifying. No place is safe, except maybe Zecora's...?
~Slenderhour- occurs twice, two hours each, once between moonset and dawn, and once between sunset and moonrise. Exceptionally few attacks, as it is pitch black and nopony can see anything without a light. That includes Slendermane...

RP Rules:
(Finally, right?)
~I AM THE GM. Period.
~You cannot kill Slendermane. (Unless you figure out his weakness...)
~You cannot kill other OC's without their permission.
~No alicorns.
~No Elements of Harmony.
~Romance at PG-13.
~No godmodding.
~Slendermane WILL be OP. You can't be. Period.
~Pegasi can't fly forever.
~Magic shields and the such don't last forever.
~You can't run indefinitely. Be realistic.
~You HAVE to sleep sometime. You'll slow down if you don't.

Character Sheet:
Name:
Species: (Earth, Unicorn, Pegasus)
Appearance:
Personality:
Special traits/abilities:
Other:

(I may allow other species like gryphons. Just ask. smilie)

My characters:

Name: Slendermane
Species: Psychologically manifested malevolent entity
Appearance: [User Posted Image]
Personality: Seems to have two emotions, anger and excitement. Also idles a lot. Relentless in pursuit, it only stops when it becomes interested in something else. Very friendly to children...at first...
Special traits/abilities: Expert stalker. Absolutely silent until he wants to be heard. Unrealistic speed and agility, also.seems to be able to instantaneously transmit within line-of-sight. Long black tendrils sprout from the back that can extend long distances when aggressive or pursuing flying prey. Unrealistic strength.
Other: Close proximity to Slendermane causes a loud ringing in the ears and blurred vision. Extreme proximity causes these effects to strengthen. Pronged contact like such causes loss of consciousness. Seems to be able to communicate telepathically.
---
Be creative! Don't be afraid to try that new thing! Never let anyone drag you down!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:20:16 13/02/2013 by Nyght
sapphire Emerald Sparx Gems: 4822
#2 Posted: 15:09:46 18/01/2013
Cool! : D I want to join
---
Trust your instincts. ~Caithe
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#3 Posted: 15:21:38 18/01/2013
I might as well Join.
#4 Posted: 16:06:44 18/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Post your Character sheets! smilie Remember, the Mane Six are first-come-first-serve!
---
Be creative! Don't be afraid to try that new thing! Never let anyone drag you down!
#5 Posted: 16:34:17 18/01/2013
Name: Cobalt
Species: Unicorn
Personality: Shy at first.
Special traits/abilities: Was struck by lightning as a colt, but no harm was done. However, the impact was his horn, enhancing his magic with electric power. This has not been helpful in avoiding Slendermane.
Other: None.

Name: Fizz
Spechies: Earth Pony
Apperance: [User Posted Image]
Personality: Quick To Act.
Special Traits/Abilities: Has been kidnapping and experimenting on Ponies with Elxir until the scari berries were found. Since then she and Elixir have been loading up. Now they are very paranoid.
Other: None.

Name: Elixir
Spechies: Unicorn
Apperance: [User Posted Image]
Personality: Somewhat insane.
Special Traits/Abilites: Npt really. She has been cooped up inside an abandoned store since she was born. Her insanity drove her to join Fizz.
Other: none.
#6 Posted: 17:37:32 18/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Accepted! smilie
---
#7 Posted: 23:17:40 18/01/2013 | Topic Creator
I think I'll make another.

Name: Zecora
Species: Zebra
Personality: Mysterious, yet always cares for other ponies.
Special traits/abilities: Knows many medicines and forms of black, voodoo and good magic. Very agile and wise.
Other: Appears to know a lot about Slendermane and the Scari Berries. Can ward off Slendermane with strange magic.
---
derpyhooves Platinum Sparx Gems: 5705
#8 Posted: 00:16:46 19/01/2013
may i join
Wyrstel Emerald Sparx Gems: 4341
#9 Posted: 00:17:57 19/01/2013
OOC: I was thinking of creating another person from Zecora's land. He however is anonymous because he is unsure what others will thing if they see him.
#10 Posted: 01:49:40 19/01/2013 | Topic Creator
@derpyhooves: yes. Post your characters. smilie

@Wyrstel: You'll need to pm me the details, but it'll probably be alright.
---
#11 Posted: 01:56:16 19/01/2013
k
Name:SpeedStar
Speciessmilieegasus
Appearance:yellow with blue mixed mane and purple eyes
Personality:nice,loyal
Special traits/abilities:can fly fast and flies in the night skies
Other: loves a challange. cutiemark is a star with wings

so i cant be celestia or luna
#12 Posted: 02:19:50 19/01/2013
Name: Zendral
Species: Zebra
Appearance: He has deep blue eyes and a black and white striped body. He is muscular and has slashes over both of his eyes. He wears a long black hooded cloak.
Personality: He is mysterious and very illusive, but he will help where he can. One thing is known about him, he is courageous, chivalrous and compassionate, always trying to help others without them knowing.
Special traits/abilities: Makes jewelry but knows all the legends by heart.
Other: He is always moving out of fear.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:21:00 19/01/2013 by Wyrstel
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#13 Posted: 03:11:26 19/01/2013
Name: Hellena
Appearance: An emaciated, stark white mare with a short, slightly curly black mane. Her eyelids and the area surrounding her eyes are blackened, adding to her skeletal appearance. The actual eyes are flame orange. Other parts of her coat are burnt as well, notably her back, neck, and her horn. Hellena has horrific-looking burn scars on her face and front left leg.
Personality: Quite insane, many believe that she lives in her own screwed up fantasy land. Despite her deadly nature, she doesn't have much of a temper. Has always been a little paranoid of others, and WILL attempt to set anything that arrouses her suspicion on fire. Is a bit of a sadist.
Special Traits/Abilities: Hellena's magic is fairly unpredictible, and a simple levitation spell can set the object in question of fire, the speed of which depends on her mood.
Other: Among the first to see Slendermane, but few believed her due to her reputation of being a crazed pyromaniac. Has jokingly reasoned that these ponies are 'idiotic' for eating weird berries that had only been discovered in the middle of a creepy dark forest, and thus refused to eat the sickly looking things.
---
self professed austGAYlian
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:37:23 20/01/2013 by ReshiramForever
#14 Posted: 04:02:58 19/01/2013 | Topic Creator
@derpyhooves: Accepted, and no. Celestia and Luna are off limits.
@Wyrstel: Accepted.
@ReshiramForever: Accepted.

Wow, this is getting far more attention than I had thought it would. smilie
---
Riolu-Blue-247 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8843
#15 Posted: 04:54:10 19/01/2013
Name: Pinkie Pie
Species: Earth
Appearance: Pinkie Pie
Personality: She has a bubbly bright personality, which has not been hampered by the dark presence.
Special traits/abilities: She occasionally has small fits of slight insanity if certain words or phrases are said, in which her hair 'deflates' and goes straight, she hears voices and acts differently. She is incredibly fast and seems to defy logic sometimes.
Other: She did not eat the berries, pulling a face and then bouncing off when she was offered some. She has seen Slendermane once, and it triggered one of her bouts of insanity, so she assumed it was just a side effect.

Name: Crackle Pop
Appearance: (I will try and draw a picture) She has a dull grey coat and a mane that has three colours, red, orange and yellow. Her tail has green, purple and blue. The colours are all mixed up so her hair looks like a giant odd fireworks display. Her eyes are a very pale grey, she does not have a cutie mark yet. She is slightly taller than a normal filly her age and is very lanky looking. She is supposed to wear a pair of lasses for her sight, but she normally keeps them on her head, keeping her messy fringe out of her eyes.
Personality: Most of the time she very energetic, very friendly and an adorable little pony. But occasionally she suffers from what she calls 'dark patches' in which she goes into a dark mood and either acts depressed, or sadistic
Special traits/abilities: She can not control her unicorn powers yet, whenever she tried to perform a spell that is just above the level of 'simple' her horn lets out sparks, like mini fireworks.
Other: She talks to herself sometimes. She almost tried the berries, but her friend ate them before she could try to
---
I just realised that I might not know what the hell is going on
#16 Posted: 05:20:04 19/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Accepted! smilie
---
SpyroD Emerald Sparx Gems: 4926
#17 Posted: 06:17:55 19/01/2013
Quote: Nyght
@derpyhooves: Accepted, and no. Celestia and Luna are off limits.
@Wyrstel: Accepted.
@ReshiramForever: Accepted.

Wow, this is getting far more attention than I had thought it would. :D

We are on a site where almost half it population are bronies. /)

Name: Colton
Species: Pegasus
Appearance: has a light blue body(bit darker then RD) and a two colored mane and tail(dim green and dark blue), cutie mark is two swords crossing(pointed down). Thick legged because he is a blacksmith in Cloudsdale.
Personality: upbeat and outgoing, likes to be around others, especially his brother, Clayton(a pottery master). Isn't all there sometimes but trys to fit in, and loves to stand out.
Other:(if Cloudsdale isn't in the shield) got trapped with the others(no berries) while visiting his brother who works in Ponyville.

Name: Clayton
Appearance:(I have one drawn up for Colton, I've yet to get to Clayton) long blue main with an even tail, light green body and his hooves show(like Big Mack) due to their use in painting and sculpting.
Personality: bright and outgoing, but not as much as Colton. Lives alone at his workshop, so he tends to himself unless there is someone requesting an item to be made.
Other: has had few berries, but found them too sweat and returned to grazing on his home grown grass patches.
---
"How will you feel when you're left behind? Everyone leaves, it's just a matter of time." 12115-PrinceW.
#18 Posted: 09:12:13 19/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Accepted! smilie

And you're right, cloudsdale isn't in the shield. /)*(\
---
skylanders100 Green Sparx Gems: 388
#19 Posted: 12:42:23 19/01/2013
ok i don't like ponies much but i'll join
name:bob
appearance: looks like blue rock star
speciessmilieegasus
personality:has a liking to rock music young unicorn with some powers like rainbows rock music notes and maybe a little more to be discovered later in the role play he can combine most of his powers to make a finishing move
---
come join my beyblade metal fury role play
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:42:36 19/01/2013 by skylanders100
skylanders100 Green Sparx Gems: 388
#20 Posted: 12:47:57 19/01/2013
also bob has ate some scari berries it gave him his powers he has yet to discover
---
come join my beyblade metal fury role play
#21 Posted: 14:54:03 19/01/2013
Quote: skylanders100
ok i don't like ponies much but i'll join
name:bob
appearance: looks like blue rock star
speciessmilieegasus
personality:has a liking to rock music young unicorn with some powers like rainbows rock music notes and maybe a little more to be discovered later in the role play he can combine most of his powers to make a finishing move

Quote: skylanders100
also bob has ate some scari berries it gave him his powers he has yet to discover

HELL NO!
#22 Posted: 15:57:44 19/01/2013 | Topic Creator
@skylanders100: In your character sheet, you describe Bob as a pegasus, then a unicorn. Which is it?
Also, the.Scari Berries don't grant any powers. Their effects were described in the first post.
---
#23 Posted: 22:00:05 19/01/2013 | Topic Creator
We will be starting soon. I'm just waiting on some characters. I might start later tonight.
---
prextail202 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4039
#24 Posted: 22:09:26 19/01/2013
Can i be my usual character..? She`s a Griffon pony hybrid

Name: Featherflight
Species: (Earth, Unicorn, Pegasus) Griff-Pony
Appearance: A black pony with griffon wings and beak. Her mane is the same color as her tail, colors of the rainbow.
Personality: Shy,Caring
Special traits/abilities: She is a mix between a griffon and a pony.
Other: nope
---
di ****n molto or whatever I guess
#25 Posted: 00:43:57 20/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Sure! prextail202 accepted! smilie /)
---
#26 Posted: 18:00:09 20/01/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Okay, everypony! Lets start!

The sun began to rise as the darkness of the Slenderhour slowly subsided. The magical barrier shimmers in the sunlight, casting a warm glow on the once beautiful Ponyville. The town lay in near ruins, the lawless ponies having torn it apart. Many ponies awake and count their numbers. Some cries of anguish ring out. A colt was taken. He was foolish enough to use a lantern. The sun continued to shine.
---
#27 Posted: 18:01:24 20/01/2013
SpeedStar was flying in the sky.
#28 Posted: 20:23:24 20/01/2013
Pinkie Pie darted around, trying to find somepony she knew that had not lost it. She stopped for a moment and looked around, she had heard the news about that poor pony. She giggled a little, it was sad, but at least she was not taken. She twitched suddenly and then was back to normal, not really remembering that small burst of insanity.

Crackle Pop trotted through Ponyville warily, she had been attacked before by ponies who had gone crazy, and she normally would not leave her safer area, but she had to find Pinkie Pie. She was one of the only ponies that she could still trust.
---
#29 Posted: 21:08:45 20/01/2013 | Topic Creator
The Everfree Forest was silent, until the faint clopping of hooves echoed from the darkness of the trees. An extremely tall pony stood at the edge of the forest, hidden in shadow. Its attention appeared to be fixated on Ponyville.
---
Spyro-Gamer Hunter Gems: 7322
#30 Posted: 22:10:38 20/01/2013
Can I join? If I can, I'll post a character sheet this afternoon.
#31 Posted: 22:35:53 20/01/2013
OOC: I was thinking that maybe Zendral is Zecora lost brother,he has the same gift as his sister because they were born with it, but he is afraid and has instead been putting this magic into jewelry, amulets and talismans. Neither know this but Zecora feels a certain connection when she is another him and is secretly following him around. She hopes to catch a look of his face and see the same cutie mark on his flank. After all only she and one other, her brother have the cutie mark, because they discovered their talent together. Only then will she know that her brother has in fact returned. Though something went terribly wrong after he healed her when she was sick and out of fear of what their people would do to him, he ran away and was never seen again, until now. To hide his true power and the pain that he feels he learned a new trade and became the best in the land. He now makes magic jewelry, amulets and talismans that are sought throughout the land by all.

I stroll Everfree Forest knowing all too well about Slendermane but protected by the powerful and magical amulets and talismans that I make. I have all this protection on myself because I may the only one that knows how to destroy Slendermane. After all I know every detail there is about every legend there is. Of course no one seems to trust me for I am mysterious and dark as well. I have never shown my face and out of my fear. I hope that in time that the inhabitants will come to trust me and that I will be able to show myself to them. I am currently working on a pair of rings for the Princess that allow them to rest without nightmares of the horror and protect them as well as those around them.
#32 Posted: 22:36:09 20/01/2013
Hellena lay in the smouldering ruins that were her house, the first of quite a few that fell victim to her fiery influence. The emaciated figure lay on the charred floor of the second story of her home, appearing for all the world to be dead. If it weren't for the gleaming orange eyes.
---
#33 Posted: 23:15:11 20/01/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: @Spyro-Gamer: yes smilie
@Wyrstel: I'll pm you my Slendermane plans. Your idea is intriguing, so I'll discuss it with you.

The tall pony turned its head, a ray of sunshine briefly illuminating its faceless white visage. It slowly trotted deeper into the Everfree, hearing the ever faint clopping of hoofsteps.
---
#34 Posted: 00:35:18 21/01/2013
Cobalt began glaring down opon the lowering barrier. He enjoyed the colors. He then went to his house, which he hoped was still there.
#35 Posted: 01:19:54 21/01/2013
Hellena got up, shaking a few locks of twisted black mane out of her eyes, which partially revealed a horrific burn wound that dominated the left side of her face, with another on her right cheek.
"Time to get busy." she muttered to herself raspily.
---
#36 Posted: 01:54:34 21/01/2013
Pinkie whipped past Crackle, but then zipped back and pulled her into a hug,"You're alive~" she said, a grin forming on her face.
"Yeah.. I am, and so are you. I guess that is all that matters." Crackle said, feeling dark after hearing about that poor pony who was killed.
---
#37 Posted: 02:00:20 21/01/2013
speedstar landed to see the sight "hello." she said
#38 Posted: 02:09:22 21/01/2013
Hellena nudged open the still-intact door of the burnt house, staring around the street cautiously. Most of the houses around here had been burnt by the unicorn, and a few were still inhabited by others. She snickered to herself, pushing the door enough to admit her dangerously thin, gangly body.
Serves them right for doubting me, now look what's happened.
---
#39 Posted: 02:32:51 21/01/2013
OOC: Thanks.

Name: Lightning Dancer
Appearance: A dark blue pony with a blonde 'twilight-style' mane with light blonde highlights. Turquoise eyes. Her cutiemark is 3 lightning bolts.
Personality: She is kind, friendly and a little weird. She is brave and loves to have fun.
Special traits/abilities: Like Rainbow Dash, she controls the weather with the other ponies above Ponyville.
Other: N/A
#40 Posted: 03:14:04 21/01/2013
Cobalt walked over to the remains of his house.

"****!" He yelled.
#41 Posted: 03:21:44 21/01/2013
Hellena glanced back, hearing the yell. "Oh! I thought it looked better that way!" she called back down the street. "Then again, everything does!"
---
#42 Posted: 04:27:01 21/01/2013
Cobalt wanted to pick up the pieces, but was afraid he'd damage them with electricity.

"And so does your face!" He shouted.
#43 Posted: 04:39:55 21/01/2013
"You like my face? I could easily replicate it on somepony else!" Hellena responded, before breaking into a fit of high-pitched laughter.
---
#44 Posted: 04:42:36 21/01/2013
Cobalt rolled his eyes. He began picking up pieces of wood with his mouth.

His mouth burned and his tounge had splitters on it.
SpyroD Emerald Sparx Gems: 4926
#45 Posted: 05:01:53 21/01/2013
Colton lowered down from a high cloud because it was about to pass through the barrier. He flew to his brother's shop, "Clayton. You here?" Clayton was in the hall behind the counter, which was placed left of the entrance door, "Oh, there you are. Hey, what did you do with the sword a gave you?"

Clayton stepped up to the counter, "It's back here. Why?"

"Keep it with you at all times, you never know when anypony could attack." Colton replied.

Clayton facehooved, "You've told me like five times since the barrier raised. Besides, I don't think anypony on this side of town has had those berries."

Colton eyed him harshly, "Nopony?"

"So I had four or five of them... They were too sweet, I don't like them." he turned his head slightly, "Now if you must be here, could you clean up a little. The last ponies here left a mess in the training room." Colton knew he was going to do it anyway so he just strait faced and went down the hall into the room his brother mentioned and began wiping the tables clean of excess clay and tools.
---
"How will you feel when you're left behind? Everyone leaves, it's just a matter of time." 12115-PrinceW.
#46 Posted: 05:18:54 21/01/2013
Crackle kept silent, as Pinkie had reerted to ignoring the world around her, trying to make Crackle Pop return to how she normally was. "Please please please I don't need a gloomy guts!" Pinkie said, forcing Crackle's face into a smile with her hooves.
---
#47 Posted: 05:35:07 21/01/2013 | Topic Creator
The tall pony became bored quickly after searching for a few minuted. Nothing was interesting enough.

The ponies called it 'Slendermane'. The name mattered little to it. What mattered was that the ponies could see it in the daylight so easily. And they stopped running into the forest weeks ago. It half-considered just strolling into the town, but everypony would run, and that would be too many to follow. There was a burned section though. A section with fewer ponies. After a moment of brief consideration, it began to trot to the edge of the wood.
---
#48 Posted: 05:44:47 21/01/2013
OOC: Am I accepted?
#49 Posted: 05:47:38 21/01/2013
Crackle Pop broke free of Pinkie's grasp,"You can't change how I am!" she said, running off. She did not know where she was running, but away from Pinkie, away from everypony. Maybe to the burned portion of town, there were less ponies there.

Pinkie watched Crackle run, a sad look appearing on her face,"I just... wanted..." her lip quivered and her hair deflated. Tears began to form in her eyes,"To make you happy...." she giggled.
---
#50 Posted: 06:54:11 21/01/2013 | Topic Creator
OOC: Yeah, Spyro-Gamer. smilie

Slendermane nonchalantly trotted through a ruined street. A few ponies screeched in terror as it passed. Some collapsed from him passing too close.
It was unlike Slendermane to arrive in broad daylight, but it had a goal. It finally reached some charred houses.
Just across.the street, it spotted two ponies. The blue unicorn was interesting, but the gaunt white one peaked its interest. Slendermane stood utterly still, staring at Hellena. It had followed this pony before...
---
Page 1 of 16 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15 16

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me