darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > Overrated and Underrated characters
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Overrated and Underrated characters [CLOSED]
LightSpyro13 Blue Sparx Gems: 861
#51 Posted: 04:49:28 16/01/2013 | Topic Creator
1. In the first game (Xbox only), his tongue could pierce through enemies and hit multiple at a time, now he only hits one at a time. It annoys the hell out of me. Besides, the damage for the tongue is pathetic anyways.

2. The ball controls are even worse than before.

3. Sometimes, he skips enemies while belching.
---
Fins, of fury!
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#52 Posted: 19:29:08 16/01/2013
Voodood is the quintessential underrated character. For one of the overall better characters in the entire game, he's barely even considered part of the roster anymore; even by Activision.

Overrated? Probably Trigger Happy. Sort of the inverse of the Voodood situation--a rubbish character sitting on a pedestal primarily because he came with the first game.
#53 Posted: 19:52:42 16/01/2013 | Topic Creator
I think you mean Toys for Bob, not Activison. They were the ones who developed the game in he first place, Activision was only the publisher.

And Voodood underrated? He's fairly popular for one of the guys who didn't get reposes, in spite of his weird appearance (he looks a bit like a deformed..... monkey). I like him, but he's kind of boring to play sometimes cuz of how cheap he is, even seems more OP than smilie Double Trouble.
---
Fins, of fury!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#54 Posted: 20:07:24 16/01/2013
Voodood is underrated for 2 reasons.

1. He was not reposed.
2. Fans thought of him as ugly.

If he was reposed, we would have made a good riddance (KISS MY ***, WRECKING BAWL!) and he would be an S-Tier in the PVP thread.
Ash Starkindle Gold Sparx Gems: 2625
#55 Posted: 17:14:33 19/01/2013
Quote: LightSpyro13
Quote: ZapNorris
BRING OUT THE BEAST

but really.

Eye Brawl= original

Ninjini=

Swords=smilie daggers
Bottle attacks= smilie motar and smilie teleport
Orbs= smilie orbs

Oh yeah? Well.......

Pop Fizz=

Green Alcohol bottles=smilie Fiery Remains
Purple Cocaine bottles= smilie Babies and smilie Exploding Doubles
Orange Beer bottles= smilie Dynamite, smilie Rainbow of Doom (where's the doom btw Toys for Bob, I'm still waiting for the doom!!!), & smilie Mortar Attack

Beast Form: smilie and smilie Punching

I doubt that smilie drinks that stuff.

Orange=Fanta
Purple=Grape Soda
Green=Canada Dry
#56 Posted: 17:21:13 19/01/2013 | Topic Creator
He's obviously on drugs, he totally drinks that stuff; especially Alcohol (green potions are my favorite ones to toss and drink).

Considering how he sometimes says "What happened?" or "What a rush!" when he shifts back to his normal form.

The Orange potions are a mix of hot sauce and beer (he breathes fire on the beast path if you drink that potion)
---
Fins, of fury!
#57 Posted: 17:44:50 19/01/2013
^ Why would TFB make a character that drinks that stuff? Considering that many fans are under 12.
flashwingftw Emerald Sparx Gems: 3332
#58 Posted: 18:58:20 19/01/2013
Quote: Mrmorrises
My top 5most underrated characters:

1. Lightning rod. Everybody says he is weak. If you say Lightning rod is weak the only possible reason for that is that you are an idiot, that's pretty much the only way, you're an idiot if you think he's weak. People often critique his design, I think that those people should shut the **** up, it is a great design.

Ummm excuse me, I hate lightning rod so that automatically makes me an idiot? He is weak, he's as ugly as sprocket (if not uglier) and is so unoriginal, Zeus, really? They should have scrapped him instead of warnado, because kids are not very appealed to him, everyone likes turtles, especially tornado controlling ones!
---
The PinkPrint is on iTunes now! #TeamMinaj
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
#59 Posted: 19:07:41 19/01/2013 | Topic Creator
^ Especially Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!!! Warnado is Leonardo in disguise!

And I don't Sprocket is Ugly, but I do wish they did a better job with the toy design, her paint job is terrible (who's idea was it to paint her face golden anyway)?

I believe Lightning Rod and Whirlwind are both the ugliest out of all of them though.
---
Fins, of fury!
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#60 Posted: 19:10:04 19/01/2013
Mine:

Overrated:
smilie
smilie
smilie
smilie
smilie
smilie
smilie
smilie
Others.

Underrated:
smilie
smilie
smilie
smilie
Others.

LightSpyro13, I am getting annoyed at you criticizing my opinions.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 01:05:30 20/01/2013 by weebbby
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#61 Posted: 19:12:27 19/01/2013
Yes camo and pop fizz are very underated
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
#62 Posted: 19:12:58 19/01/2013 | Topic Creator
smilie Underrated? Are you nuts (no offense)?

All I see is "Camo this, Camo that" from EVERYONE all the time, especially on Youtube. Yes a few people (like me) do hate him, but the reason is due to being so highly overrated, it's ridiculous?

He may be good, but he is far from underrated.
---
Fins, of fury!
Skylanders fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3952
#63 Posted: 19:13:58 19/01/2013
Well also bash and Flashwing too
---
Yep still around just not posting much anymore
#64 Posted: 19:18:18 19/01/2013 | Topic Creator
NO WAY! Bash and Trashwing are BOTH extremely overrated, and so is Pop Fizz.

Don't get me wrong; I like Pop Fizz, I really do. I just do not like him as much as many other people do, he's popular like crazy. He's really fun at first, but gets a little boring later, he's like a mix of characters that already exist. Same with Bash, I like him but he's too overpowered.

Trashwing is a bit lame.
---
Fins, of fury!
#65 Posted: 19:19:16 19/01/2013
Stop criticizing me LightSpyro13. smilie
That's Youtube, and mainly with people who don't have him.
And I have to agree that smilie and smilie are overrated though.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:20:36 19/01/2013 by weebbby
#66 Posted: 19:24:42 19/01/2013 | Topic Creator
^ Well maybe somebody should've thought of that before doing the exact same thing, you've done it to me before as well sometimes.

And no, not just with people who don't have him. It's with almost everyone who has him, I should know because I paid more attention (no offense).

Me annoying? *long maniacal laughter* Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhhahahahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm just getting started, this is far from over. FAR FROM IT!

For starters, I agree with all the overrated choices except for smilie and smilie

smilie's fanbase is very low and a lot of people hate him (like you as a prime example), how he can be overrated if he has a very small amount of fans.
smilie... His fanbase is just average..

Aside from Cruddy smilie (he's average, but I hate him for wasting cash on him because of his annoying fans), Trashwing is also overrated. Though not nearly as overrated as smilie por smilie (I still prefer Cynder over Trashwing anyday though), her fanbase is still far too big!
---
Fins, of fury!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:37:17 19/01/2013 by LightSpyro13
#67 Posted: 19:28:48 19/01/2013
I really ne'er estimated Thumpback.
#68 Posted: 19:33:20 19/01/2013
^ Especially Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!!! Warnado is Leonardo in disguise!

And I don't Sprocket is Ugly, but I do wish they did a better job with the toy design, her paint job is terrible (who's idea was it to paint her face golden anyway)?

I believe Lightning Rod and Whirlwind are both the ugliest out of all of them though.

Sprocket's figure is just a wannabe ripoff of voodood's, who is a much better brawler, sprocket is the ugliest girl skylander in my opinion, not someone trigger happy would want to be with, whirlwind isn't ugly and she's not gorgeous, kinda in the middle for me, warnado Ftw! Lightning rod! Go back to mount Olympus because you suck in skylands!
---
Been here for 3 years and still can't figure out why half of the people are so damn rude.
R.I.P to my wallet
#69 Posted: 19:44:14 19/01/2013 | Topic Creator
She doesn't look like Voodood at all in the toys. I personally think Voodood's design is a bit worse (though he's an overall better character, but I still like both); while Sprocket looks like a human girl (if she's ugly, then I guess all of us humans are as well) with gold/yellow skin, Voodood looks like a deformed...... Green Orangutan. His design is a bit weird, almost as weird as Zook's. Maybe he'd look better if he wasn't wearing that Dragon Skull though.
---
Fins, of fury!
#70 Posted: 19:46:25 19/01/2013
Wannabedo sucks.
#71 Posted: 19:47:07 19/01/2013 | Topic Creator
You know what else is overrated?

Chuck Norris
---
Fins, of fury!
#72 Posted: 19:50:23 19/01/2013

Chuck Norris

*In Lois Griffin's voice* Ohhhh! He said it! But sprocket looks like a rejected simpson
---
R.I.P to my wallet
#73 Posted: 00:02:57 20/01/2013

Chuck Norris

I agree here!
Gohan Green Sparx Gems: 270
#74 Posted: 00:26:41 20/01/2013
Overrated:
Flashwing, Trigger Happy, Gill Grunt, Pop Fizz, Stealth Elf, Every single giant.

Underrated:
Zap, Bash, Spyro, Chop Chop
#75 Posted: 01:18:07 20/01/2013 | Topic Creator
^ I agree with all (except for smilie and a little bit of smilie), finally someone I can agree with.
---
Fins, of fury!
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#76 Posted: 01:30:45 20/01/2013
I don't get why some people don't like Jet-Vac. I actually like him. Once you upgrade him, he turns out great. I upgraded him on his Blaster Path and It's seems good.
Hot Dog is WAY overrated. Yes he's good, but I mean everyone is in LOVE with him.
---
words. letters. filler.
#77 Posted: 02:15:12 20/01/2013
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
I don't get why some people don't like Jet-Vac. I actually like him. Once you upgrade him, he turns out great. I upgraded him on his Blaster Path and It's seems good.
Hot Dog is WAY overrated. Yes he's good, but I mean everyone is in LOVE with him.

Agreed. I am in LOVE with smilie
#78 Posted: 02:17:17 20/01/2013 | Topic Creator

Probably because he sucks in PvP. Jet-Vac is very fun to play, but is terrible against other skylanders in the battle arena.
---
Fins, of fury!
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#79 Posted: 02:18:38 20/01/2013

Agreed. Jet vac is very underrated. He is quite powerful on both paths.
Gohan Green Sparx Gems: 270
#80 Posted: 05:05:40 20/01/2013
^ I agree with all (except for smilie and a little bit of smilie), finally someone I can agree with.

Everyone I know who plays Skylanders LOVES Gill Grunt for some odd reason..

And Jet-Vac? I thought he would be overrated, not underrated... Huh. I don't have him so I can't really judge.
jess Red Sparx Gems: 25
#81 Posted: 05:23:29 20/01/2013
I really think Hex is underrated. She is just so much fun to play; she's got distance shooting, a great defensive move with the "wall of bones", and a cool skull storm attack that takes time to execute (time you can gain with careful placement of your wall). Definitely one of my favorites, but I don't see her talked about much...
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#82 Posted: 05:26:28 20/01/2013

Probably because he sucks in PvP. Jet-Vac is very fun to play, but is terrible against other skylanders in the battle arena.

The problem is I've never tried the PvP since I only have One Controller on my PS3 and Lost the other, and Meh :/
---
words. letters. filler.
#83 Posted: 06:00:45 20/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Gohan

Everyone I know who plays Skylanders LOVES Gill Grunt for some odd reason..

And Jet-Vac? I thought he would be overrated, not underrated... Huh. I don't have him so I can't really judge.

Almost everyone I know HATES Gill Grunt and he is highly overshadowed by the rest of them in terms of popularity, his fanbase is little to none.

Bash on the other hand has a really big fanbase (don't hate him, but still), he's overrated like all of the dragons (except Zap and Spyro).
---
Fins, of fury!
#84 Posted: 06:06:32 20/01/2013
I agree to some degree on Pop fizz being overrated. He has started to steal the spotlight from ma magic boys: Double Trouble, Voodood, and Wrecking ball.
#85 Posted: 06:08:46 20/01/2013 | Topic Creator
I thank Pop Fizz for stealing the light from Wrecking Ball, he sucks!

That's the good thing about his drug bottles
---
Fins, of fury!
#86 Posted: 06:23:45 20/01/2013
I like the magic element as a whole, and they are definitely my favorites.

Double Trouble: Strongest character in game
Voodood: Underrated and very strong.
Wrecking ball: Extremely underrated and quite fun to play as.
Spyro: Still Spyro. Versatile character......on Blitz spyro.
Ninjini: Not as good as Eye brawl but hey-our only female giant!

But Popfizz has become the generic magic element favorite, from what I have noticed.
#87 Posted: 06:44:09 20/01/2013 | Topic Creator
I like the Magic element as well (except for smilie, he still sucks ass), but Water still is my fave.

Double Trouble: Not exactly the #1 Strongest ("You're Too slow!" -Sonic the Hedgehog) in the game, but seriously overpowered.

Voodood: A little overrated, but still extremely powerful and fun, slightly stronger than smilie in my opinion.

Wrecking Ball: Although I greatly despise him, he is a little underrated I will admit. I can see why no one likes him, interesting gameplay but EXTREMELY annoying to play with.

He's also a ripoff of Yoshi from Mario and Kirby, only he's a fat blue worm.

Spyro: Still Spyro and very fun

Ninjini: Not too excited, but looks fairly decent.
---
Fins, of fury!
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#88 Posted: 21:25:07 04/02/2013
^HOW IS VOODOOD OVERRATED? Nobody ever talks about him. I also think Prism Break,Lightning Rod,Boomer,and Camo (LightSpyro13,I get you think Camo is insanely popular,but I see more haters of him than lovers.)are underrated.
#89 Posted: 23:55:03 06/02/2013 | Topic Creator
^ Sorry to sound so blunt to ask, but how new are you to the fanbase? Because all I see is "Camo this, Camo that" almost all the time, he's pretty much the only non-reposed skylander that is still talked about tremendously. I've seen like 43 fans of his, it's insane.

Yes a few people do hate him, but the reason is because of being so highly overrated. I have to disagree with you, Camo and Prism Break are both extremely overrated.
---
Fins, of fury!
ClayFace Blue Sparx Gems: 835
#90 Posted: 23:57:09 06/02/2013
Really? I never hear people talk about Prism Break.
What I meant is I see Camo fans, but more Camo haters.
#91 Posted: 00:08:54 07/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Did ya think about WHY they hate him? Yes I'm aware that some people to do not like him, but part of the reason is due to him being so highly overrated by lots of other people. I hate him mostly because of how immensely popular he is, I bought him BECAUSE of his fanbase and I wasn't impressed that much. he's average to me, but a big SCAM

I've seen TONS Of his fans
---
Fins, of fury!
SpyroAnimorphs Green Sparx Gems: 189
#92 Posted: 17:05:42 21/04/2013
Well hot dog may be overrated but he is rather fun to play with, better than the annoying spammer skylanders, thats for sure!
---
~We are ALL warriors in harsh lands... Travel over these lands, and you will find PARADISE!~ Me
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#93 Posted: 18:08:50 21/04/2013
Did ya think about WHY they hate him? Yes I'm aware that some people to do not like him, but part of the reason is due to him being so highly overrated by lots of other people. I hate him mostly because of how immensely popular he is, I bought him BECAUSE of his fanbase and I wasn't impressed that much. he's average to me, but a big SCAM

I've seen TONS Of his fans

uhhhh....how is it a scam when he is average?
yelvy Gold Sparx Gems: 2450
#94 Posted: 19:00:47 21/04/2013
Sprockets eyes...
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#95 Posted: 23:17:13 21/04/2013
Sonic Boom on Sirren Gryphon is extremely underrated in my opinion.
Sprocket is also underrated, she may be hard to use, but if you're good you can make use of her.
Also, Spyro is overrated.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Ninpire Gold Sparx Gems: 2951
#96 Posted: 02:21:25 22/04/2013
Quote: Doomslicer
Sonic Boom on Sirren Gryphon is extremely underrated in my opinion.
Sprocket is also underrated, she may be hard to use, but if you're good you can make use of her.
Also, Spyro is overrated.

spyro? everyone i see that actually likes spyro is because he is spyro and everyone who judges gameplay thinks he is the worst however in my personal opinion i like spyro because he is a good character who can charge around and shoot fireballs and the best part is he gets the job done without taking much damage so as you can see i really like spyro
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me