Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
SG Triple Pack 5 & 6 [CLOSED]
1ofWiisdom Green Sparx Gems: 480
#1 Posted: 04:31:31 11/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Hey Everyone.

I've frequented the forum for awhile and signed up last year at some point, but have simply never logged in...

Needless to say, I have yet to see this posted and I hope that I can prevent some of you from making the same mistake I made. I had decided to (after never being able to find Wave 3 characters) wait for the new Triple Packs...just in case and to save money. Well, last night I caved in and ordered S2 Prism Break and S2 Eruptor from Amazon. Literally less than 24 hours later I regret it, lol. Same thing happened to me with Hot Head...Ordered him in Wed night, found him the next day, but I digress.

Making the rounds tonight I decided to check in with GameStop to confirm the UPS delivery would be around noon...I'd gotten the text yesterday about the Scorpion Striker being postponed. All the associates were tied up, so I was checking out the rack. Never did I imagine to find anything I needed, much less anything new...

I kind of skimmed over them in shock and then grabbed the Lightning Rod Triple Pack to validate things in my own brain, lol. I nearly bought them, but I'm trying to be thrifty (plus singles are better for the unboxing vids).

Anyway, I'm not sure which will be #5 and which will be #6 (or if there won't be a triple slipped in), but I can confirm two new triple packs!

Triple Pack: Eruptor, Stealth Elf, and Terrafin

Triple Pack: Prism Break, Lightning Rod, and Drill Sergeant

Again, if you were holding out like me (cough, can't seem to find W3 singles, cough)...you might have slipped your way into saving a few bucks. If not, and you are a collector, now you know.

I've gotten a bit of help over the last year or so from a few folks here and hopefully this will in turn help some of you out as well.
---
1ofWiisdom: Blogger, YouTuber, and Portal Master
http://www.1ofWiisdom.com
http://www.youtube.com/1ofWiisdom
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#2 Posted: 04:40:29 11/01/2013
I saw that on your blog post about 15 minutes ago! These new triple packs seem interesting, but I do not know if I'm getting either, at least not the L. Rod, Drill, and Prism break, because I very recently got a single pack of Lightning rod and am excited to try his Lightning lord path with the wow pow(I did Typhoon titan for S1) Anyhow, I also saw that you got the Scorpion striker battle pack, and I'm excited to see some Hot dog gameplay! I also heard that there still might be even MORE triple packs later....S2 Spyro,Drobot,Wrecking ball...maybe.
GameMaster78 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3321
#3 Posted: 05:25:01 11/01/2013
Hmm. Did you get any pics of the new triple packs? Where is your blog? Did you really get the Scorpion Striker already? I'd like to see some pics of that if possible.
---
Wii U: GameMaster1178, XBL: GameMaster1178, PSN: megax28
#4 Posted: 05:39:57 11/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Had a pretty witty reply here, but I guess I'll save it for my own archive.

But yeah, I got pictures and yes I got the Scorpion Striker Battle Pack as well. I just finished filming the unboxing (took extra time when I thought to show what lights up). I will have it uploading to YouTube in a few minutes and after that I plan to go ahead and record Zap and Hot Dog's Intros and Heroic Challenges as well as seeing what the SS unlocks. I plan to go ahead and edit and upload those despite them being out-of-order for the blind run through. I try to do cool stuff from time-to-time when I get the chance.

Blog is http://www.1ofWiisdom.blogspot.com

and the original post showing both the triple packs in store can be found here:

http://1ofwiisdom.blogspot.com...pack-5-and.html

I'll have the unboxing up next. I didn't know if we could link to our own sites as I haven't had time to really read the post reqs etc. Photobucket takes 2 days anymore just to rotate files, but I have been there too long to switch hosts.

I've been big into Skylanders since the beginning and don't have any reason to lie. I kind of regret not getting not picking them up, but hopefully L-Rod singles will show up now that the triple is out, lol.
---
#5 Posted: 05:44:32 11/01/2013
So, you just strolled into a Gamestop and bought these? Which Gamestop?
---
#6 Posted: 05:52:03 11/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Nope.

I didn't buy either Triple Pack due to just ordering in the singles (Erutpor and Psmilie

Battle pack was pre-paid.

I know of several other people that have the battle pack, but I had yet to hear of anyone else mentioning the triple packs. If you went in today/tonight and was told to wait till Fri PM as they indicated I would imagine your store will have the triple packs as well....and that is why I posted this, to hopefully stop a few folks from popping for the singles when they could save money on the triple packs.

If I would have known last night these were the next Triple Packs I would not have ordered from Amazon and would have held out. Still wouldn't really want the extra DS, but would have taken it as basically a 1/2 price extra.
---
#7 Posted: 05:54:15 11/01/2013
But what state is the Gamestop you got that Battle Pack in? I've been checking almost every state and it says no stores have them. I know one obviously does, as you have it, but just curious which city/state you got that Battle Pack from?
---
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#8 Posted: 13:28:30 11/01/2013
I hope you don't mind:

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#9 Posted: 15:10:49 11/01/2013
I'll be glad to have another drilly!
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#10 Posted: 16:04:37 11/01/2013
Quote: 1ofWiisdom
Had a pretty witty reply here, but I guess I'll save it for my own archive.

... stuff ...

I've been big into Skylanders since the beginning and don't have any reason to lie. I kind of regret not getting not picking them up, but hopefully L-Rod singles will show up now that the triple is out, lol.

You gotta understand the number of people that outright lie about finding things around here. You probably know since you are into Skylanders. You are the first notice I have even seen of these new Triple Packs, let alone with confirmation in the images you have given.

Nice find, and thanks for the info!
X-Treme Ripto Gems: 360
#11 Posted: 16:18:09 11/01/2013
Well, i have all those guys in the 3 packs, so why bother?
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#12 Posted: 16:24:45 11/01/2013
That feel when I picked up Lightning Rod from walmart's site to store and also picked up Stealth Elf at TRU.

Dang, if I would have known I would have just waited. I actually picked up Drilly recently too, so that Prism/Rod/Drilly pack would have been perfect. Ah well, guess I'll have to hunt down the singles of Prism and Eruptor that I need.

Nice find though! I'll keep any eye out at my local store when I head there.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#13 Posted: 16:28:41 11/01/2013
I still need rod and prism but I'll give the extra drilly to my friend
JTChief82 Green Sparx Gems: 175
#14 Posted: 20:15:09 11/01/2013
This is cool bec. I need Stealth and Terrafin. The S2 Eruptor will just be a bonus smilie
---
It's my Kids fault I got into these things. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!!
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#15 Posted: 20:30:57 13/01/2013
GameMaster78 says Thank You smilie
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
#16 Posted: 20:38:56 13/01/2013
Indeed. Had it not been for this post, I would have never thought to look for them. So, thanks 1ofwiisdom.
---
terrafan Blue Sparx Gems: 699
#17 Posted: 20:43:46 13/01/2013
Ermagherd I wernt therse!
---
Awaiting: Disney Infinity, Batman Arkham Origins, Pokemon Y
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me