Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Making an Unofficial Guide to Skylands, any thoughts/feedback?
Page 1 of 1
Making an Unofficial Guide to Skylands, any thoughts/feedback? [CLOSED]
Doomslicer Gold Sparx Gems: 2037
#1 Posted: 01:24:40 09/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Well, I decided to start working on a fanfic guide to Skylands, explaining the politics (don't worry, mostly just the major factions and alliances), nature of Skylands, Species, and more. I might also use it as a platform and background for some fanfic. It's going fairly well, but I posted it on the Skylanders Wikia Wiki (my username is Doomslicer there as well), and it didn't get much feedback there. Wanting more feedback, I decided to post samples of it here.
Here's a sample about Kaos' forces:
" Kaotikha Empire:

Kaos has manged to unite many major "evil" factions under his command. While he calls it an empire, it is more of a coalition, as most of the factions involved are merely aiding Kaos for their own reasons, such as access to his research, treasure, conquest, etc. Kaos is no diplomat, nor peacekeeper, so minor fights between factions are common, normally between the Drow and Trolls. Kaos also managed to get the Chompinaa Empire to send many of their rhi' and ruk'Cho over to act as basic troopers for him.

Chompinaa Empire:

Chompies as a race are quite advanced. The ones normally seen however, are the less evolved, mindless versions called rhi'Cho, of which there are several elemental types. The more advanced Chompies, the oca'Cho, never venture out beyond their homeworlds, and are said to be quite xenophobic. Very few non-chompies have ever seen a Chompie Homeworld, but they are rumored to be extremely advanced. There are also a breed of Chompies that are in-between the two aforementioned variants, the ruk'Cho, which pilot the Chompy-Bot 9000s (which were created by the oca'Cho).

Troll Imperium:

Trolls used to be vagabounds who weren't considered much of a threat. Used to be. As it turns out, they have been stockpiling and building war machines for many years, waiting to strike! With Kaos' help the Trolls managed to get their hands on more advanced tech, as well as small bits of Arkeyan tech. The Trolls quickly emerged an industrial superpower almost overnight, and began invading. The Trolls' emporer is a very mysterious figure, known as Trolane; not even high ranking officials in the Troll Imperium know much about him. He is said to work in the shadows, and that none have ever seen his face. Of course, the Trolls would never follow someone they don't know anything about. So while they are ultimately ruled by this mysterious emperor, their "active" leader is Mistress Tr'Caju, one of few female trolls in history to obtain a high position in Troll Society. She is said to possess great power, and wears a mysterious guantlet. She appearntly was Boomer's best friend as a child.

Drow Armada:

While most consider Drow merely "evil elves," the truth is quite different. The Drow were a breakaway group of elves who became far more powerful once they discovered Darkness. They are now all infused with it, making them a mighty fighting force. They have consturcted large amounts of ships, and now roam the skies, feared even by pirates. They still have a love of nature though, and despise the Trolls for their complete disregard for nature.

"Evil" factions outside of Kaos:
Phantasmorphs:

Phantasmorphs are a mysterious race. There are several kinds, with the exception of the Parasite kind, they are all very rare. Different kinds require different things to safely survive outside of Specter's Rift, some need to possess technology [such as Machine Ghost], or volcanoes/hot areas [such as Smoltergeist], some in watery areas, some in trees/plant life, and some in other living entities' bodies. They look quite similar to ghosts, but have small differences (such as having gears on their chests, being red to blend in with fire, etc.). They have become rare because they are so feared, and have been hunted down. Most of the first 4 kinds are benevolent, but the final kind is considered pure evil. The final kind, which we shall discuss from now on, must possess living bodies to survive outside their homeworld. The owner of the body will almost certainly not survive, and once the phantasmorph has fully imbedded itself, the body will turn a ghastly transparent green. This is the origin of the so-called Ghost Pirates. They take on the form of Kaos' minions frequently, as Kaos has ordered several attempts to eliminate them. However, their homeworld, the Specter's Rift, is heavily distorted, so that anyone who is not from it will not be able to navigate through it or even comprehend it. No one in recent history has ever seen one of these phantasmorphs in it's non-possessed form and lived. They now roam the skies as pirates, taking prisoners and treasure back to the Specter's Rift, where the prisoners will frequently have their bodies taken over by the phantasmorphs. The Specter's Rift is also home to the kinder phantasmorphs, but they are far and few in between, have little influence, and are frequently enslaved or oppressed by the evil phantasmorphs. Most of the kinder ones have fled and now hide across Skylands in various areas.

Arkeyan Empire:
These guys need little introduction, but little is known about their origins and history. Until now. Recently uncovered archives from Arkus, the Secret Vault of Secrets, the Quicksilver Vault, and other places, has shed light on the ancient mystery. While still a fledgeling race, Arkeyans were small and timid creatures, distantly related to the Mabu. Until they uncovered a mysterious old cave filled with ancient books and blueprints. From there, the Arkeyans learned of the power of Technology, and rapidly advanced. But becoming intelligent wasn't enough. The Arkeyans' most astonishing breakthrough was Cybernetic Enhancement. Almost all Arkeyans began undergoing nanite infusions, injecting tiny micromachines into their bloodstreams, which gave them unparallelled strength and power... but over time, cause technology to become infused inside of them, and them not able to survive without it. Arkeyan children were born cybernetically enhanced, until the Arkeyans' bodies were almost entirely robotic. Once realizing this, the Arkeyans began to not just manufacture weapons of war (which they had used to conquer a sizeable amount of Skylands), but making parts for themselves. They soon became massive robotic mechs, with some not becoming mechs but becoming [like the Weapon Master], non-combat scholars. There were a few who never became so robotic, but these were no longer recognized as Arkeyans and faded into obscurity. They are said to have been the progenitors of several modern races in Skylands, but as to which ones there is much debate. The now unstoppable Arkeyan Armies easily conquered Skylands, encountering little resistance. They began constructing special devices that could instantly turn "organics" into powerful Arkeyan versions of themselves, and grant incredible amounts of power. These were awarded to the few non-Arkeyans who very considered worthy of such honor. The ability to turn into a massive Arkeyan upon activating the device was optional, so the bearer could have full Arkeyan power without morphing. These devices were known as Arkeyan Metafists, and there are said to be some still hidden throughout Skylands. Of course, there was also the Iron Fist of Arkus, which had a similar design but was made to enhance already existing Arkeyan Power, and was given to the Arkeyan King as a symbol of power. "

So any ideas or feedback?
I've also made a section on the nature of Skylands, but I'll post that some other time.
---
Check out my fanfic Guide to Skylands, my DeviantArt, and my Minecraft skins in my GB!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me