Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
I need an advice... [CLOSED]
Spyro-Fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5325
#1 Posted: 17:54:18 07/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Before I start, I hope I'm not breaking any dS rules with this topic. I'm not trying to sell stuff or promote myself, all I need is an advice or an opinion.

Right, so... one of my friends is in a serious need for money and I want to help him get as much as possible. He owes a lot (won't say who is it since I could either embarrass him but then again it doesn't even matter), and I wondered if I could possibly draw for money and give the money to him. The problem is, I haven't drawn anything in 2 years due to private issues and stuff like that, and I don't know is my art worth anything.

I want to sell my stuff for at least €5. I know it's not worth that much, I don't think it's worth even a single penny, but I really need this money for my friend. So, here are two examples of my 2-year-old drawings. They're both profile images, I can do other ones too but these are my best so far.
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Both of those are my characters with an outdated design. The first one was coloured in Photoshop quickly so it doesn't look so great, and the second one is obviously just a sketch.
I can draw other stuff than just reptiles, and I can do 'decent' digital art.

So...yeah...do you guys think it's worth a try? Honestly I've seen people that make much worse stuff than me and get $30 for their things, so I thought I could give it a try if anybody actually wanted my stuff...

tl;dr version: My friend needs money. I'm helping him. Do you think my art is worth anything?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:00:57 07/01/2013 by Spyro-Fan
MockingJay Red Sparx Gems: 66
#2 Posted: 17:58:33 07/01/2013
It's nice that you want to help and I really like your art,they are both original although the first could use some shading but I think you could sell them.If I had money I would buy it myself smilie
Bravo101 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1482
#3 Posted: 18:27:33 07/01/2013
I can pay you in gum.
Spyro-Fan Platinum Sparx Gems: 5325
#4 Posted: 21:33:18 07/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: AngelicBeast
You could probably do commissions on deviantART. Not point, actual commissions with money. That's a good place to try. :3
I do like your art, however I am short on money myself.. I need to save up for a new tablet. I could help get you more known on deviantART though. :3

Yeah, that's what I meant. I already do have a dA and Furaffinity account. My other friend has already helped me spread a word about this and see if any more people are interested. I'm still keeping this whole thing on hold until I see if more people are willing to pay me.
Thanks for your opinion. XP
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me