Forum

Skylanders: Lost Islands

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
What to spend my Gems on...? [CLOSED]
darkKAOS Red Sparx Gems: 95
#1 Posted: 18:24:40 27/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Hello fellow addicts. I have been playing for a while now but figured it was time to join the message board to get some advice from any of your seasons veterans.

My current stats: Level 20, 48/55 Skylanders, 369 gems (gold and magic fluctuate of course)

I'm on the fence getting Rex's Tree House for 350 gems. From what I've read you really won't get a return on your purchase but it does give you a good "random" selection of goods.

I could get the Tavern (320 gems) which is a nice thing to have because it kicks back 2,200 xp AND 540 gold.

OR I could save up...

The Adventure Airship is at 400 gems

And at Level 21 I can get the Farmer's Market (I have no idea if that costs gems or Mobi population).

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you
---
"BEHOLD! It is I, Kaos, and as you can see, I AM AWESOME!!! Of course, I was always awesome - but now I AM SUPREMELY AWESOME!!!!!"
lushipur Blue Sparx Gems: 950
#2 Posted: 19:15:32 27/12/2012
Dont waste gems on buildings. Only xception trex house.

Best item to buy are the radiant fields.
Peridot Weapon Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#3 Posted: 20:39:35 27/12/2012
The only "functional" items, really, are the Radiant Field (best), Adventure Airship (passable) and the Tree House (useful, but definitely a roulette, especially when you get less useful things like XP from it).

If you want the Airship, wait until they have another 50% off sale. It's worth it at 200 Gems, not so much at 400 Gems - eventually you'll have all your Skylanders at Level 10 and that XP boost won't mean a thing.

Radiant Fields give you the energy you'll need to power the Sanctuaries. The best "lazy money" setup is all eight sanctuaries and 19(!) Radiant Fields - you can use that energy for two Sanctuary visits a day and get close to 200,000 Gold after paying for the energy.

The Tree House is nice because none of the rewards cost energy - whatever it gives you, it's free (minus the 350 Gem entry free and tying up Tree Rex for six hours).

Items like the Tavern aren't worth it - the gold you earn is negligible, and the XP isn't high enough. For 30 more gems you could get Tree Rex's house, and potentially earn a LOT more gold or XP, and more frequently, than the Tavern offers.
darkKAOS Red Sparx Gems: 95
#4 Posted: 21:52:19 27/12/2012 | Topic Creator
So from the sound of it Tree Rex's House isn't a bad play. Then start splurging my gems on the Radiant Energy Fields.
---
"BEHOLD! It is I, Kaos, and as you can see, I AM AWESOME!!! Of course, I was always awesome - but now I AM SUPREMELY AWESOME!!!!!"
Toleroh Yellow Sparx Gems: 1858
#5 Posted: 23:09:51 08/01/2013
Thanks for the tips
---
BATTLECAST: StumpSmashRules#405
PortalMaster Happy Libertyelf (RIP). Favor-eight: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me