Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > Skylanders Giants huge disapointment..
Page 1 of 1
Skylanders Giants huge disapointment.. [CLOSED]
FuxieDK Green Sparx Gems: 184
#1 Posted: 07:35:55 21/12/2012 | Topic Creator
I loved the first Skylanders game.. I played it for many many hours, bought all 32 figures, and even a single legendary..
When Giants was announced, I preordered the starter pack, to get the extra GlowInDark Cynder and Jet-Vac..
I've played it TWICE, ony bought one additional giant figure, but stopping here.. I have simply lost all interrest in the game..

Why? I'll try to elaborate:
- Internet play missing from arenas.. It should have been in, but wasn't..
- Giants move too slow..
- Graphics are worse than the old game
- Story (after 8 zones) is lacking.
and the worst issue
- The amount of unskippable dialogs and ultraslow mini-games (e.g. cards, memory, thumbler-locks) have increased to an unacceptable level.

Anone feel like me?
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:36:54 21/12/2012 by FuxieDK
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 07:36:37 21/12/2012
Um, this topic is in the wrong section.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#3 Posted: 07:45:48 21/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Aura24
How so?

Talk about Skylanders in the general Skylandres forum, seems pretty spot on, to me..
---
Have: smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#4 Posted: 07:47:33 21/12/2012
This is for general spyro, as in cameos and other stuff, not a particular game or any of the games.
I'm sorry, this forum isn't all about skylanders, this belongs in Skylander giants section perfectly smilie This topic isn't about a series of games, it's about one game.
I know, sorry if I'm harsh but it's true.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 07:50:00 21/12/2012 by crystalhero37
#5 Posted: 07:49:13 21/12/2012
Quote: FuxieDK
Quote: Aura24
How so?

Talk about Skylanders in the general Skylandres forum, seems pretty spot on, to me..

Not really. This section talks about Spyro in general. Your topic here talks about Skylanders: Giants, which is perfect for the Skylanders: Giants section in the forum listing. And since this topic isn't talking about Spyro in general, it is considered off-topic, and will most likely be moved to its correct section.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:49:58 21/12/2012 by Aura24
#6 Posted: 07:50:58 21/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Not exactly clear from the "Spyro and Skylanders forum -> General" title....
---
#7 Posted: 07:53:20 21/12/2012
Still this topic is more towards the Skylanders: Giants category, than any Spyro general related subjects.

General section description:
"Spyro and Skylanders that isn't only specific to one game."
---
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 07:57:37 21/12/2012 by Aura24
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#8 Posted: 07:53:30 21/12/2012
This topic is about a particular game here, so it belongs in Skylander Giants.
This section is meant for things like:
"what is your fave spyro game?"
"Who would you like to play as?"
"What was your first spyro game?"

I could see how you can get it mixed up, there is still not without a doubt this doesn't belong here.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:54:24 21/12/2012 by crystalhero37
TorchSheep Emerald Sparx Gems: 3376
#9 Posted: 11:13:54 21/12/2012
Who cares what topic section this should be on smilie And I cant judge on this topic since I haven't played it.
---
"I have my own system, don't get involved"
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#10 Posted: 12:35:10 21/12/2012
Wrong sections aside, the biggest disappointment between the original and Giants is that it does very few new things in comparison to Spyro's Adventure. The game played it very safe and took very few risks. So I'm hoping they come up with something really creative and/or wait for the next generation before releasing Skylanders 3. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Calania Red Sparx Gems: 92
#11 Posted: 12:54:54 21/12/2012
Quote: FuxieDK
I loved the first Skylanders game.. I played it for many many hours, bought all 32 figures, and even a single legendary..
When Giants was announced, I preordered the starter pack, to get the extra GlowInDark Cynder and Jet-Vac..
I've played it TWICE, ony bought one additional giant figure, but stopping here.. I have simply lost all interrest in the game..

Why? I'll try to elaborate:
- Internet play missing from arenas.. It should have been in, but wasn't..
- Giants move too slow..
- Graphics are worse than the old game
- Story (after 8 zones) is lacking.
and the worst issue
- The amount of unskippable dialogs and ultraslow mini-games (e.g. cards, memory, thumbler-locks) have increased to an unacceptable level.

Anone feel like me?

Minus the Giants moving too slow I agree with your other points. The large slow dialog really kills me as there is only about 5 minutes of gameplay action per 10 minutes of blah blah.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me