Page 1 of 1
skylanders giants storage idea [CLOSED]
crazyace Blue Sparx Gems: 734
#1 Posted: 16:03:23 17/12/2012 | Topic Creator
hey guys and gals i submitted a idea to rubbermaid to make a storage box for the giants. if you have seen or own the bulldog hardware organizer that wal-mart sells for $11.97 the 2 big storage areas on the top right fit the giants perfectly. i submitted a idea to make a storage box just like that but with 8 large compartments to hold skylanders. and it can also work for people with large quanities of bolts, nails, screws. so its not directed to skylanders. and i let them know as popular the characters are and everyone is looking for something for their giants that this would be a exellent idea. now wheither it happens i dont know. but ill keep you guys informed if i hear anything. i even took pictures of the characters in the large storage spots to show how they fit.

here are the pics

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

here is my photoshop work of what it could look like with 8 compartments

[User Posted Image]
---
32/32 S1, 8/8 Giants, 1/8 LC, 8/8 New S2, 23/24 S2 Repose
L. Bouncer, Stealth Elf, Trigger Happy, Spyro,Chop Chop, Bash, Jetvac, Slam Bam, Ignitor, chill
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 07:50:56 30/12/2012 by crazyace
Thumpterra12 Ripto Gems: 120
#2 Posted: 16:07:03 17/12/2012
nice, i like it. i like mine in plain view, though.
#3 Posted: 01:35:58 18/12/2012 | Topic Creator
yeah i hope they do go through with it cause it will bring in alot of money and happy people
---
L. Bouncer, Stealth Elf, Trigger Happy, Spyro,Chop Chop, Bash, Jetvac, Slam Bam, Ignitor, chill
TheBakonBitz Yellow Sparx Gems: 1360
#4 Posted: 02:27:42 18/12/2012
For one I don't like Rubbermaid, long story but let's just say my mom broke her thumb on their stroller and they didn't do anything to help her or pay for compensation. Erhem... well it looks like the giants are in there kinda tight and might break their sensitive LED's. I have all my skylanders on a shelf in a cabinet in my room. I can see all of them when I want, they don't get dusty, and no body can knock them over!
Thumpterra12 Ripto Gems: 120
#5 Posted: 02:42:02 18/12/2012
I like putting mine out next to the portal. Looks nice, and indont have to fuss with the comtainers.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#6 Posted: 03:21:29 18/12/2012
Shelves in my room master race.

I dunno if anyone knows much about Pez dispensers but I collect them. Some people make these pretty nice plastic "stair" like things that they can set on (usually they have like a plastic runner on them that you slide the dispenser's "Feet" onto, but you can remove them usually. You can see it in my collection image on the left there. While they kind of sit off the front, they still fit pretty good. The Giants I have out I tested and they sorta kinda fit on there, but for Giants they'd probably be perfect. You can set the giants on top, and then the 3 reposes down the line from it. (they do have different sizes of these though)
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#7 Posted: 03:25:13 18/12/2012 | Topic Creator
well rubbermaid sent me a automatic response on the decision of course i kinda figured it would be shot down.

Dear Inventor,

Thank you for the opportunity to review your invention. Your idea does not have enough patent information to pass our initial screening.

At this time, Rubbermaid is looking for Published Patent Applications or Granted Patents. Provisional patents do not provide the necessary information for us to properly screen the idea and intellectual properties.

Rubbermaid values your ideas and would like to review the idea once it has reached Published Patent Application or Granted status with the patent office.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me