Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Non-Spyro > Derex and Reginald. (For mature readers.) Co-authored by Observer.
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Derex and Reginald. (For mature readers.) Co-authored by Observer. [CLOSED]
torok Platinum Sparx Gems: 6123
#1 Posted: 01:11:33 11/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Please comment on this, I want feedback. More chapters to come, if people post... Enjoy.
Due to the overwhelming character count I must post this in multi-posts.

Abandoned for telling the truth.

Truth, it can save, it can hurt, it can bring together, it can tear apart, one can keep the truth from loved ones forever or for mere seconds. For Reginald Hoppertin, truth meant disappointing his father and his religion. Keeping the truth was difficult, it tore him up to keep lying, especially if it was about who he loved... Yes, he had to keep the truth from his family about who he loved. His father always told him it was sin. Reginald was battling with what his father had told him everyday, the fear of Hell got the better of him for years. That is, until he was a freshmen in high school. He met his boyfriend, Derex Rodentsten, there. A tough guy on the outside, with his black fake leather jacket, his piercing in his left ear and his motorcycle, but he was really a nice guy on the inside, always looking out for Reginald, speaking to him with words as sweet as honey and loving him with the most sincere love. The little hare felt safe with his big, tough ferret boyfriend to protect him. Reginald felt invincible when he was with Derex. Although there was something Reginald still feared... Telling the truth to his family.
He never imagined what would happen that one afternoon when he made the mistake of bringing his boyfriend home when his father and siblings were away... He had to tell his father the truth...
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 10:33:13 03/04/2013 by torok
#2 Posted: 01:18:01 11/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Reginald was sleeping soundly, his head on his boyfriend's fluffy chest. The light brown hare nuzzled into the white ferret's fur. They were both content as they slept under the thin light blue covers. Reginald suddenly awoke when he heard the front door of the house open. He looked at his boyfriend, who was still asleep.**
"Derex?" Reginald said in a loud whisper, trying to rouse the ferret from his slumber.
Derex was still asleep.**
Reginald lowered his ears in fear as he heard the voice of his father and some of his siblings, they were home, they can't find out about who Derex really is. They can't find out about the secret that had been kept from them all these years... What they would do if they did, he feared to find out...
"Derex!" Reginald said again in the loud whisper, this time gripping the ferret by the shoulders and shaking him.
Derex was startled as he woke up, his bright blue eyes snapped open only to look up into the scared brown eyes of his boyfriend.
"Regi? What's going on?" Derex asked, still half asleep.
"My family is home... You have to get out of the house." Reginald said in a frantic whisper.
Derex got out of the bed after the hare got off him. He was about to pick up his jacket and shirt from the floor when there was a knock on the bedroom door.
"Reginald? Are you in there?"Asked the voice of Reginald's father. The handle of the door was turned a few times, but the door was locked. "Reginald, open the door." His father commanded.
"Hide..." Reginald whispered to Derex.
Derex frantically looked for a place to hide, then he dropped on his hands and knees and crawled under the bed.
Reginald hopped out of the bed and unlocked his door.**
His father opened the door and walked inside the room, he was wearing his church clothes. The larger hare looked down at his son. "Uh, son? Why are you only wearing pants?" He asked with a very perplexed look on his face.
"Oh, well it just got a little hot in here, you know how it is with the summer, it's always hot." Reginald replied.
"Son, we have air conditioning and windows... I don't want any of my kids to walk around the house half naked. You are not some hobo, understand?" His father said.**
"Yes, father. I understand." Reginald said.
His father went past him and saw the state of the bed. The covers were half off the bed. "And what is this all about? Why is your bed like this?" He asked, he then saw some clothes on the floor, he picked them up and turned to his son. "Why were there clothes on the floor!? What has gotten into you Reginald? You used to be so tidy and neat, now you're like a filthy hobo... This better be just a phase and you had best grow out of it quickly..." His father said. He looked the clothes over. "Wait a minute... You don't own a fake leather jacket..."**
As his father made the observation, Reginald's heart pumped vigorously with fear.
"Where did this jacket come from?" His father asked, shaking the jacket a bit at him.
"I-... It's my friend's jacket, he must have left it here." Reginald said, trying to keep calm.
"Did he also leave without his shirt?!" His father asked, holding up the white shirt along with the jacket.
Reginald didn't respond. He was frightened to death. How could he get out of this? He knew his father wouldn't accept the truth.
"What the Hell were you two doing in here, with your door locked, your bed a mess... And half naked?" His father demanded to know. Then out of the corner of his eye, he saw something on the floor. He looked down and saw a fluffy white tail poking out from under the bed. He stooped down after putting the clothes on the bed.
"Oh no..." Reginald said in a whisper. He was growing increasingly more fearful by the second. There was no way of explaining himself.
#3 Posted: 01:21:15 11/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Reginald's father gripped the white tail and yanked.
"Ahh!" Exclaimed the ferret as he was painfully dragged out of his hiding place.
"What is this?!" Reginald's father said as he stood up and looked down at the ferret.
Derex laid on the floor on his stomach, looking up at the adult hare. "Hey, Mr. Hoppertin, ya found me..." Derex said, in a semi nervous tone.
"Alright! I want to know what's going on and I want to know now!" The hare demanded.
Derex stood up. "Well, me and Regi were just playing hide and seek..."**
"Half naked? With the door locked? Do I look stupid to you?" Asked the hare, looking at the ferret sternly.
"You? Look stupid? No, not at all..." Derex said, shaking his head a bit.
"Reginald!" The adult hare looked at his son. "The truth! Now!" He demanded.
Reginald looked up at his father. Looks like the time had come, after all these years, for the truth... "Alright... I guess there's no use hiding it then... I didn't want you to find out, not like this anyway..." Reginald said, looking down.
"Find what out?!" His father asked.
"Find out that I-... Find out that... I-... I'm..." Reginald stumbled for words, he just couldn't get them out.**
Derex walked over to his boyfriend and gripped his hand gently.**
Reginald looked up at him, feeling comfort that he had support.
His father looked shocked. "S-... Son...? Please, don't tell me... You're... You're.... A homo?" His father asked, almost feeling at a loss for words himself.
"Y-... Yes... I am..." Reginald said.
"And we prefer the term 'gay' if you would..." Derex said to Reginald's father.
It took the older hare a moment to wrap his head around the fact that his son was homosexual. He couldn't believe what he just heard. He turned his attention to the ferret. "You! You dare come into my house and molest my son!?"**
"Excuse me?!" Derex asked, outraged that he'd make such an accusation. "I would NEVER force myself on your son... I love him." Derex said.
"You both disgust me! You're supposed to love women! You're men! That's the way you were created by God!" Reginald's father said.
"Oh, you're not gonna stoop to that, are you, Mr. Hoppertin?" Asked Derex.
"Shut up! You corrupted my son, you filthy little weasel of Satan!!!" Reginald's father screamed.
"Father no! I was gay before I ever met him... He had nothing to do with me being gay." Reginald said, he had tears in his eyes from some of the things his father said.
Derex looked down at Reginald and saw that he was crying. "No, no, no need to cry. Baby, come here..." Derex embraced the hare.
Reginald cried into the ferret's chest, staining his fur with tears.
Derex stroked his boyfriend's head gently with one hand. He looked at Reginald's father. "Are you going to accept your son? Are you going to love him for who he is?" Derex asked.
"I-... I can't... I can't! I can't accept such a thing! It's disgusting! It's sin! He must repent... Son, will you repent?" Reginald's father asked.
Reginald looked at his father, keeping the side of his head on Derex's chest. "I can't just abandon Derex because you want me to..." Reginald said, sniffling a bit.
"You abandoned this family! You abandoned our God when you chose to love that gay weasel! That spawn of Satan!" His father said.
"And now you abandon your own son because he loves me!? You're the one that disgusts me right now!" Derex said, he continue stroking his sobbing boyfriend's head.
"He abandoned me, my whole family, his religion! I want nothing to do with him! Or you!!! Get out of my house! Both of you homos, get out!" Reginald's father screamed at the top of his lungs while pointing at the door.**
Reginald looked at his father. again. "Father.... Please, please... Please! Don't do this to me!" He tore away from his boyfriend's arms and went to his father, he tried to hug him.**
"Don't touch me! You seed of the Devil!!!" His father said and pushed him on the floor.
This set Derex off and he went over to Reginald's father, his fist was raised.
"Derex! No!" Reginald pleaded.
Derex looked at Reginald and gently lowered his fist, he stooped down and helped his boyfriend stand. "Bun bun, are you alright?" Derex asked as he stood up and hugged him.
Reginald embraced him and sobbed into his shoulder. "I don't know..." Reginald said through his sobs.
"Get out of my house! Both of you!" Reginald's father bellowed.
Derex looked at him. "You should be ashamed of yourself! How can you call yourself a man of God if you do stuff like this? You're a monster, not a man..."**
"Please... Father..." Reginald pleaded with his father.
The large hare looked away. "I have no son..."
"Ok! You're LUCKY I don't punch you in the mouth for saying that!" Derex hollered as he let go of his boyfriend and turned to face his boyfriend's father, looking him dead in the eyes.
Reginald's father returned the look.
Reginald took Derex's hand. "Derex, let's just go... There's no changing his mind..." He said as he sniffles a bit.
Derex looked at Reginald for a moment, he walked over to the bed and quickly grabbed their clothes, he then glared one last time at the heartless adult before him before walking out of the room with his boyfriend clinging onto his hand.
They walked out of the house without saying a word. The air was warm, the sun was setting.**
Reginald stopped walking, he looked at his house. He couldn't believe he had to leave it all because he told the simple truth. **He turned towards his boyfriend when he heard him speak.
"Regi, listen, I'm sorry... I should have never been in your house today... It's all my fault." Derex said.
"No! Don't blame yourself for this! It's not anymore your fault than it is mine. It's neither of our faults..." Reginald said. "It's... It's my father's insecurity that's the issue... He doesn't understand me... Us..." Reginald continued.
"I can see that." Derex said.
Reginald sighed heavily, he looked down. "Now what? I-... I'm homeless..." Reginald said, new tears flowing from his eyes when he thought about such a thing, he was only fifteen... And his father just threw him out on the streets, without anything but the clothes on his back.
Derex let go of his hand, stopped walking as he got in front of him and placed both hands on his shoulders. "You have a home... But it's not here, you can't live in this kind of hate. I don't understand how you managed... All these years knowing how your father is... Yet you confess to him... I now see what that man is capable of..." Derex told Reginald.
"So where am I supposed to go?" Reginald asked.
"You are going to live with me and ma, we'll take care of you..." Derex said.
"I don't want to be a burden..." Reginald said.
"Don't speak that way. You are not a burden to us. We're happy to take you in. I'm not just gonna let you live on the streets or at a shelter, understand?" Derex asked.
Reginald slowly nodded. His crying slowly subsides.
"Good." Derex said as he gave him a quick peck on the cheek. "Everything's gonna be ok." The ferret gives the hare his shirt. "Put this on, I don't want a cop to see you walking around half naked." Derex said as he put his own shirt and jacket on.
Reginald puts the shirt on and buttons it up. When he finished he was gently grabbed by the hand and lead down the street away from his house.
Derex looked at him as he walked with him. "Everything is going to be alright..."**
Reginald walked with his boyfriend. Despite all the pain and suffering that his father caused, he knew Derex would always love him and be there for him, that was the truth that he wasn't afraid to admit... To anyone.
Salamander Green Sparx Gems: 366
#4 Posted: 12:30:35 02/01/2013
It doesn't matter if you are gay or not, the small hare's father should have thought it through not burst out at his son for doing something wrong. Torok this short story is beautifully executed. Keep the short story going, it's great. 10/10 from me
---
I believe in you Jesus and i will do, ALWAYS for ever. Darastrixi shilta ergriff urcaxa nomeno munthreki shilta ti.
#5 Posted: 15:42:25 02/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks! Here's chapter 2.

A new family.

It isn't an easy thing to leave your family, to leave the ones that you thought loved you but throw you away as soon as you reveal a dark truth. During the seemingly long trip with his boyfriend to his house Reginald struggled with the thought that his father just threw him out of his home and his life. He felt he was abandoned, his father was going to try to make his siblings hate him, he just knew it... During this moment of absolute sadness there was always a comfort that he was loved by the ferret he was holding hands with as he walked through the street with him.**
Reginald looked up at Derex with his ears down. "Derex?"**
"Hmm?" Asked Derex as he looked down at him.
"Do you think my father hates me?" Reginald asked.
"No, no. He still loves you. Somewhere in his heart he still loves you. He's just in shock over your orientation, that's all... There is nothing to worry about, bun bun. I'm sure by tomorrow he'll be begging for you to come home." Derex said.
Reginald smiled a bit at his boyfriend's reassuring words. He hoped that was the case, but he still had doubt in his mind.
Derex stopped at a house, Reginald stopped with him. They were standing in front of a one story white and light brown house with a red roof and a large garage.
Derex and Reginald walked to the front door. Derex opened the door and the pair walked into the house. They walked down the wooden floored hallway and into the living room. The TV was on. A female white ferret dressed in a night gown rose from the couch and looked at Derex.**
"Honey, why are you home so late? I told you to be home by five." Said the ferret.
"I know, ma... Reginald got into some trouble with his dad, and well, he'll be staying with us for a while." Derex said.
"What? Well what kind of trouble?" She asked Reginald.
Reginald looked at her and was about to speak, he then broke into tears thinking about it.**
Derex hugged him and let the hare weep on him.
"What happen? Did he hit you? Worse?" Derex's mom asked, quite concerned for the fragile looking hare.
Derex began to speak. "That bast-"**
His mother interrupted him. "Dery, language!" She scolded.
"Sorry... Uh... That horrible hare kicked Regi out of the house, basically disowning him because he's gay..." Derex said.
"Oh, dear... Reginald, I don't know what to say..." She said as she walked over to the boys and put her hand on Reginald's shoulder. "I am going to go over there and knocking some sense into your father." She said.
Reginald let go of his boyfriend and looked at her. "Thank you, ma'am, but you can't force my father to accept me..."**
"I know I can't change his mind, but at least I can give him a piece of my mind and make him feel a bit guilty." She said. **"And please, call me Beatrice, no need for formalities." She continued.
"Alright." Reginald said as he sniffled a bit.
"Are you going to be ok?" Asked Beatrice.
Reginald slowly nodded. "Yes."**
"Do you need anything?" Beatrice asked.
"No thanks..." Reginald said. He looked at Derex. "Can I be alone for a while? I need to process what just happen tonight..." Reginald said.
"Sure, you know where my room is, just come out whenever you're ready." Derex said.
"Thanks." Reginald said, he walked down another hallway, this one carpeted like the living room, and walked into Derex's room and shut the door.**
Reginald walked over to Derex's bed and sat down on it. He pulled **a rosary out of his pocket, it was white and it seemed to glow in the dark. He remembered when and where he got this rosary. He could see his mother again like it was only yesterday, he was only seven years old when it happen. He could remember looking at his mother, weak, hooked up with wires to machines, and IV's **sticking out of her arm. She had been sick for some time, now she was dying... He could remember this rosary she held weakly in her hand. Reginald could remember the look of death on her face as she looked at her oldest son, who was standing at her bedside. She gave him her rosary and told him to always use it, and think of her too...**
She died that day, Reginald wasn't there to see her pass. The only memory he had left of her was this rosary.
"Mother... If you were still here.... Would I still be at home right now?... Would father have done the things he did for years after you died...?" Reginald asked.
He remembered how his father acted after his mother died.**
He'd never hurt a single strand of fur on Reginald or any of his younger brothers and sisters, until now, that is... Reginald had it the worst since he was the oldest... He took his father's blows almost without complaining, he had to be strong for his brothers and sisters... And his mother... He had to be strong for her... Reginald's father made any excuse for his actions... Sometimes he'd do it for no reason. Reginald lived everyday in constant fear. It wasn't right, it just wasn't right.**
He guessed God finally heard his prayers tonight and took him out of there, He must have put Derex in his life for that purpose, the purpose of saving him.**
Now God had to make another miracle happen for Reginald's brothers and sisters... God knew what Reginald 's father was capable of...**
Tears came in Reginald's eyes when he thought about it... He began to pray the rosary for his siblings. It was all he could do now... He hoped God would hear these prayers a bit quicker this time....
#6 Posted: 15:46:07 02/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Derex and his mom were sitting down on the couch. Beatrice turned off the TV, she saw her son looked upset.
"Baby, are you alright?" Beatrice asked.
Derex looked down and shook his head, he then looked at his mom. "Ma, how is it that a parent can just throw their own child out like that? I mean, Mr. Hoppertin just threw his own son out of his life without a thought..."**
"Some parents make horrible mistakes like that... He'll realize that and maybe look past his apparent hatred and see his son who he loves." Beatrice said.
"Yeah, good luck hanging onto that hope..." Derex said.
"Well he could..." Beatrice said.
"I didn't want to say this in front of Regi, but I don't think that his dad's taking him back with open arms anytime soon... I saw the hate in that hare's eyes... The way he looked at me, the way he looked at Regi.... He hated the fact that we were gay and together... He even pushed Regi to the floor when the poor little guy begged him and tried to show him affection... He called his own son the Devil's seed!" Derex said, he had tears in his eyes just mentioning the horrid things he had seen his beloved Regi go through tonight. He quickly wiped the tears away from his eyes.
Beatrice put an arm around him.**
Derex returned the gesture. "I was almost going to punch Regi's dad in the face when he physically pushed him..."**
"In a way I think you should have, I would have. That hare is a monster, not deserving of a son like Regi." Beatrice said.
Derex nodded. He looked at his mom. "Regi's dad said the most awful things to his son and to me, he blindly blamed me for his son's sexuality. He kept saying I corrupted him, he even accused me of molesting Regi..."**
"What type of man does that? If you don't mind, tell me exactly what he said." Beatrice said.
"Well, for one thing he kept calling both of us the seed of the Devil. He called us homos, he kept calling me a gay weasel. And the worst thing was when he said that Regi wasn't his son..." Derex replied.
Beatrice shook her head. "I can't even fathom that... That's awful... Poor little guy, all those insults in one night, and getting kicked out to boot... Go see how he's doing."**
Derex got up and walked down the hallway to his bedroom door, he saw that it was closed. He lightly knocked on the door. "Regi? Honey, can I come in?" Derex asked.
"Yes..." Reginald said from beyond the door in a seemingly depressed tone.
Derex opened the door and saw Reginald sitting on his bed, he was holding a white rosary, it seemed to glow in the darkness of the room. A lamp on the nightstand was on, but it was dim, allowing the glow of Reginald's rosary to still be seen.
As Derex was walking over to him Reginald spoke in that same, sad, tone. "My mother gave me this rosary... Eight years ago... Before she... Went to go be with the Lord..." Reginald didn't take his eyes off the rosary.
Derex sat next to Reginald without uttering a word.
"Father became strict and bitter after her death..." Reginald said, he played with the beads a little.
"You think that's what caused him to... Do what he did tonight...?" Derex asked as he looked down at Reginald.
"I can't say it didn't. Death of a loved one changes others... It certainly changed me." Reginald said as he looked away from his rosary and to his boyfriend. "I never knew it would make him hate me so much... He hates who I am..." Reginald broke into tears then.
Derex embraced him.**
Reginald clung to him tightly, keeping his rosary clenched in his fist. He closed his eyes tightly and sobbed.
"Shh... It's gonna be ok. He won't hurt you again, you don't deserve him..." Derex said as he stroked the hare's head, trying to calm him. He had to fight back the tears too, it hurt him so much to see his boyfriend in so much pain.
Reginald sniffled a few times before his sobs subsided a bit. "Do-... Do you think that if my mother was still alive that she would have let him do this?" Reginald asked.
"I don't know, most likely not... My mom certainly would have fought for me, most likely literally." Derex said.
There was silence for a few seconds before Derex spoke again. "Baby? You said your dad became more strict and bitter, did he ever... Did he ever hit you?" Derex asked.
"Yes..." Reginald choked out through the tears.
"He did!? That's why you looked and sounded terrified when you told him you were gay... Don't worry..." Derex said as he stroked his boyfriend's back to comfort him. "That bastard's not going to hurt you ever again..." The ferret said softly as he kissed the hare on the top of his head.
Reginald sniffles a bit. "Thank you, Derex... Thank you..." He says as his crying subsides more.
"He won't hurt you... Never again..." Derex said, softly.
Dmcrocks Gold Sparx Gems: 2182
#7 Posted: 04:33:07 24/01/2013
This is.... Beautiful. I love it. Please continue.
---
if you're looking to get in contact with me, please go through http://petty-bourgeoisie.tumblr.com
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#8 Posted: 14:46:27 24/01/2013
I read the first chapter and thought it was great! I will read the second later, but great concept!
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantime☠
#9 Posted: 01:19:07 27/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks, tell people about my story please.

Chapter 3,

Fear, confrontation and hope.

It was past midnight when Derex and Reginald finally fell asleep. Derex was sleeping soundly on his back, his arms wrapped protectively around the hare who was using his chest as a pillow.**
Reginald kept twitching uncomfortably in his sleep, his heart racing...
He suddenly jolted awake, his eyes darting around the dark room, his breathing was rapid.
Derex suddenly awoke too. "What's wrong!? Reginald, what's the matter?" Derex asked.
Reginald calmed down enough to where he could speak. "It... It was a bad dream.... A very bad dream... I-... It felt so real..."**
"It was only a dream." Derex said.
"It... Was so real... It may be real in the future..." Reginald said, he was shaking in fear, clinging to Derex tightly.
"What do you mean? What was the dream about?" Derex asked.
"Hell... I was in Hell... Jesus rejected me... I saw Him and He looked so angry with me..." Reginald said.
"I'm sure it was just a manifestation of what happen, you are upset about everything that happen with your father. I'm sure Jesus loves you, certainly more than your father..." Derex said.
"W-... What my father said still might be true!" Reginald said as he shook in fear.
"Your father is a nasty child abuser. He'll say anything to get to you..." Derex said as he hugged his frightened boyfriend.
"What he said was in the Bible.
Homosexuals are an abomination to God... Abominations get sent to Hell..." Reginald said, tears began to flow from his eyes and stain Derex's shirt.
"Your father also sinned. He broke one of the two greastest commandments... Love your neighbor as yourself." Derex said, lightly stroking his back.
"I'm not his neighbor..." Reginald said, he was sobbing now.
"Then you're his enemy, and what did Jesus say you should do with your enemies?" Derex asked.
"Love them?" Asked Reginald as he sniffled a lot.
"Exactly... So your dad is not the Holy Catholic he sees himself as, more of an egotistical maniac if you ask any sane creature..." Said Derex.
"You're-... You're right... But I'm still scared..." Said Reginald.
"Only a fool is completely brave... I'm scared too, I mean the thought of an all powerful lion getting to decide where I spend my eternity... That's some scary stuff right there..." Derex said.
"He's going to decide I go to Hell..." Reginald stated.
"No, why did He die? So He can save you, that's why. Forget about what your father said, he's going to pay for his crimes..." Derex said.**
Reginald didn't say a word, he just kept weeping on his boyfriend. The thoughts of Hell haunted him, like a never ending plague. He didn't want to be scared, but it was like he had no choice. It was almost like an instinct. He wished the fear would just leave him, at least for a while...
Derex had tears in his eyes as he nuzzled the top of Reginald's head to try to comfort him, and to a lesser extent himself. He laid his chin on Reginald's head.
Reginald's crying lessens as he listens to the sound of Derex's heart and felt Derex's comfort. He stopped crying for a moment as he felt tears falling on his head. "Why are you crying?" Reginald asked.**
"Because... It hurts me to see you like this... In so much fear and pain... Your father WILL pay for what he's done to you!" Derex said.
"I have no doubt that he will be judged..." Reginald said, sniffling a bit as his crying stopped. He was glad that he had someone that loved him so much. With all the hate in his life there was still that someone that kept him going and possibly alive...
The rest of the night was fairly calm, much to the surprise of the pair who just slept through the rest of the night after eventually falling asleep.
#10 Posted: 01:22:00 27/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Morning came quickly, Reginald was the first to awaken, he was momentarily blinded by the light of the morning sun coming through the window. He shielded his eyes with the blankets a bit to give his sensitive eyes time to adjust to the harsh light.
Reginald uncovered himself and carefully got out of bed as to not wake up his boyfriend. He turned towards the nightstand, there was a small glass container with a lid on it. It had a small amount of clear liquid in it as well as two contact lenses in it. He grabbed the container and took the top off it, he got a contact lens out and carefully stuck it on his eye. He blinked a few times. He did the same with the other one. He set the container down. **Reginald walked out of the room and stopped as he heard a door open. He turned around and saw Beatrice walk out of her room. She was wearing blue jeans and a light pink shirt.**
"Good morning, Beatrice." Reginald said.
"Good morning, Regi. How are you feeling?" Beatrice asked.
"Better..." Reginald said.
"Good, I'm just about to head out to your house to have a chat with your father." Beatrice said.
"Good... T-... There's something I have to tell you... Derex is the only one I have told about this... I know I should have told someone sooner, but I was just so scared..." Reginald said, he lowered his ears as he became quite fearful, why he was fearful was unknown to him in this circumstance.
"Regi, what's happening?" Asked Beatrice.
"You gotta get my brothers and sisters away from my father... He-... He's abusive..." Said Reginald.
"What?! Why didn't you come to me with this sooner? This is seriou-... Never mind... That's not important right now. What is important is that I get your siblings out of there." Beatrice said.
"Alright, thank you. Be careful... Please..." Said Reginald.
"Don't worry, I'll get them out safely..." Beatrice said as she went out of the house.
Reginald went over to the couch and sat down. He pulled out his rosary from his pocket and looked down at it. "... God... Watch over Beatrice... Stop my cruel father from hurting her... Or my siblings..." As he prayed he shut his eyes as he began to cry.**
"I'm sorry... I'm so sorry... I was a coward... A lousy coward who only cared about himself... I left my siblings in the hands of that monster... I am not worthy to be called their brother... I just left them there!" Reginald sobbed heavily.**
"But you told someone to get them away from your father, that's the most important thing."**
Reginald looked up when he heard **someone speak. "God?" Reginald jumped when he felt a hand on his shoulder, he turned around and saw Derex standing behind him.
"Derex! You nearly gave me a heart attack!" Reginald said.
"Sorry." Said the ferret as he sat down next to him.**
"How long were you standing there?" Reginald asked.
"Just long enough to know that ma is going out to get your siblings, and trust me she'll get them out." Derex said.
"I hope so..." Reginald said. There was a short moment of silence before Reginald spoke again. "Why didn't I do something to help them, they're my little brothers and sisters and I just left them!"**
"You did do something, you told me and ma about what's going on. That took guts." Derex said.
"What if he's done something to them!? I've always been the one to sacrifice myself for them. I took the beatings for them, I never let father hurt them..." Reginald said, he buried his face in his hands.
Derex put an arm around him. "You told us about it, that's the first step, getting help... Understand? You did not fail them..." He said.**
Reginald nodded. "I just pray that they're alright..."**
"Don't worry, they'll be fine." Derex said, he kissed the hare on his head.
#11 Posted: 01:25:04 27/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Beatrice parked her car in the driveway of the Hoppertin house. She noticed a large van was there, the family must still be home, good.
She took out her phone and dialed a number. She put the phone up to her ear. "Hello, police. I'm here to report a case of child abuse. My son's boyfriend, Reginald Hoppertin, said that his father beats him and his brothers and sisters. He's recently been thrown out of his home." Beatrice said. She waited for the operator to finish talking. "He's fifteen." Beatrice said, answering the question. She listened to the operator again and gave him the address of the house. She answered another question he asked. "Reginald is at my house, I took care of him for the night." She was asked another question, which she answered. "He just told me this morning that his father abuses him and his siblings." She listened to the operator. "I'm at Reginald's house, parked in the driveway. I just wanted to see if the children are alright." She answered another question. She then heard police sirens. One police car drove up to the house and parked near the streets.**
Beatrice hung up the phone and got out of her car.**
Two German Shepherds filed out of the car, one was anthro and the other feral. The anthro was wearing regular police attire, while the feral was in a dark bullet proof vest with a badge pinned on it.
The dogs approached Beatrice. "Morning ma'am, we heard there was a case of child abuse at this residence, were you the one that called to report it?" Asked the feral as he looked up at the ferret.
"Yes, I just found out this morning, I just came here to make sure the kids were alright." Beatrice said.
"Good, we'll take it from here." Said the feral, he looked at his anthro partner. "Knock on the door and announce our presence to whatever scumbag is inside. If you need to break the door down wait for my command to do so. Once we're inside by force or otherwise we'll search the house for the kids." He told him.**
The two dogs went up to the door. The anthro knocked on the door. "This is the police! Open up!"
After a minute of silence the door was opened by Mr. Hoppertin. The hare was in his pajamas. "Can I help you, officers?" He asked, quite politely.**
"Yes, we've got a call from your son's boyfriend's mother, she said that you've been abusing your children... And you threw one of your sons out on the streets and he's fifteen. Is all that true?" Asked the feral.
"No, it's not true. I am a man of God, I would never harm one of my child-..." The hare began to say, but was interrupted.
"Liar!" Said Beatrice as she walked up to him. "You're saying you didn't abandon your son?! I beg to differ! He stayed the night at my house. He was depressed because you threw him out because he was gay!" She said.
"He ran away, he left my house to be with your son, who's been a bad influence on my Regi from the start!" The hare said, looking at her with anger.
"You're a disgusting creature! You throw you children away, you beat them, and you lie about it! I wonder why God didn't make men like you sterile!!!" She spat at him.
The hare was so enraged that he swung at her.
The ferret was quick to react, grabbing his wrist with one hand and his forearm with the other and flipping him. She tossed him on the concrete almost like it was nothing.
"Handcuff him!" Yelled the feral to his partner.
The other officer quickly handcuffed the disoriented hare.
"Are you alright, ma'am?" The feral asked.
"Yes, I'm fine." Said Beatrice.
"Watch him, put him in the squad car and watch him. I'm going to have a look around the house for the kids. Call a social worker... One of them has to see this." Said the feral to his partner as he went into the house.**

An hour or so had past since Beatrice left the house. Reginald was a nervous wreck, pacing around the living room.
Derex sat on the couch, watching him. He didn't really know what else he could do to comfort the hare. He guessed the best thing to do would be to wait for news, he knew it was taking a toll on his boyfriend. "Regi, come and sit down, I hate to see you pacing like that, you're starting to worry me. There are better ways to pass the time." Derex said.
A phone suddenly rang. Derex jumped up from the couch and went to his room.**
Reginald followed behind and got there when Derex answered his cell phone.**
"Hello?" Said Derex.**
"Who is it?" Reginald asked, walking up to Derex .
"It's ma, hang on I'll put it on speaker." Derex said. **He pressed a button on his cell phone and put it on speaker.**"Hello? Ma, I put you on speaker. Reginald is also with me."**
"What happen? What happen to my siblings? Are they hurt?" Reginald asked.
"Reginald, I called the police. Your father is in custody and your brothers and sisters had to be taken to a hospital to be treated for some minor injuries. I'm at the hospital now, it looks like they're going to be ok physically... Poor dears, so young and they have to go through that..." Beatrice said.
"He really did hurt them! I should have stayed, I shouldn't have been so quick to leave..." Reginald said.
"You did the right thing, don't beat yourself up over it, honey. They're ok now, your dad's not gonna hurt them anymore..." Derex said.
"You two may come to the hospital, your brothers and sisters want to see you , Regi." Said Beatrice.
"Alright, we'll be there, wait, which one is it?" Derex asked.
"I'll text you the address." Beatrice said.
"Alright, and thank you so much, you saved them. I am in your debt." Said Reginald, gratefully.
"It was no problem. And you are not in my debt, I was glad to have helped. See you boys at the hospital." Said Beatrice. The phone was hung up.**
"Ok, I got the address." Derex said.**
"Let's go!" Reginald said as he gripped Derex by the wrist and ran out of the room.
Derex followed the hare.
#12 Posted: 02:50:08 27/01/2013
I applaud you! Beautiful! What will happen to Regis siblings? I want to read more! GREATSTORY!
---
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#13 Posted: 08:55:55 27/01/2013
Oh my gosh, torok! Oh my gosh!
I love this story so much, it is one of the best stories on this website!
I've always loved reading your stories, they are fantastic, and you have improved so much since I read your Dragsooth ones. You've gotten really descriptive and you've written this story so well! It is fanastic! Amazing!
I love how you used furries as well, I love furries and I actually am one now. I also like how you've mixed the anthros and the quads together, I don't think I've seen this before, well done. :3
The characters are very believeable as well, each with great and unique personalities.
Fantastic, I rally cannot wait to read what happened next! smilie
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#14 Posted: 16:41:52 27/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Thank you so much guys!

Chapter 4,

Family.

Derex was driving his motorcycle with Reginald riding in the sidecar. He took a sharp turn and made it to the hospital parking lot. It wasn't a long drive at all, it took maybe thirty minutes, which was highly convenient. After Derex parked in an empty spot, Reginald got out of the sidecar and ran towards the hospital.
"Dang, Reg. You can run when you have to..." Derex commented to himself as he turned off his motorcycle and got off it to follow behind the hare.
Reginald went into the hospital and stopped at a desk where a nurse was working. "Where is Anthony, Madison, William and Sofia Hoppertin!?" Asked Reginald.
"Oh, you mean those poor kids that came in about an hour ago? Are you their brother?" The nurse asked.
"Yes and yes." Reginald said, nodding.
Derex came in the hospital and slid to a halt, he was trying to catch his breath.
"Take a right and go right down the hall. In the waiting room there's someone waiting for you." Said the nurse.
Reginald started running again.
Derex jogged after him, he was still winded.
Reginald went through a doorway and was now in a waiting room, he saw Beatrice walking towards him. "How are my siblings?" He asked her.
"Last I heard they were doing well. Although, Anthony might have a fractured arm." Beatrice said.
"A-... A what!? That monster broke his arm!?" Reginald asked in shock.
"She said it was fractured. That's not broken." Derex said from behind Reginald.**
"I don't care about what fractured means..." Reginald said, while looking at him.
"The doctors are sure they will be fine." Beatrice said.
"When can I see them?" Asked Reginald.
"Whenever the doctors say so, so far they haven't let me in either, but the social worker did go in there to look over the situation." Beatrice said.
"Social worker?" Asked Derex.
"A social worker works with abused kids and takes them out of bad situations." Said Reginald.
"I know what a social worker is." Derex said.
Reginald sighed. "I once tried to call for help from one of them, but my father smashed my phone..."**
"So that's why you have no cell phone?" Derex asked.
"Yeah..." Reginald said.
"Well you won't have to worry about your father anymore. He's in jail now and I even had a bit of revenge of my own... He tried to attack me, but I threw him onto the pavement before he could even touch me. Never try to mess with a black belt..." Beatrice said.
"You sure showed him, ma." Derex said.**
"I did. I wish I could have had a little more time with him though, I wanted to really make him pay... I mean almost breaking a thirteen year old child's arm?" Beatrice responded while shaking her head.
"He'll get what he deserves in prison..." Reginald said.
"Mmmhmm, amen to that, honey." Derex said to his boyfriend.
A doctor came out of a room. She looked at Beatrice. "Mrs. Rodentsten, we just finished treating the kids. Anthony is going to have that cast on for three months, Madison, William and Sofia have some minor bruises, they say they're petty sore. So far, Anthony by far is the worst injured of the group. They'll all be fine. We can get them out of the hospital right away." Said the doctor.
"Good. Thank you. This is their older brother, can he go see them?" Beatrice asked, gesturing to Reginald.
"Of course." Said the doctor.
Reginald and Derex walked into the room the doctor came out of.
#15 Posted: 16:44:38 27/01/2013 | Topic Creator
They were in a doctor's office. Then Reginald ran over to four younger hares. They were still in their pajamas.
"Reginald! You're here." Said the hare with a cast on his arm, which was Anthony.**
"Why did you run away, Regi? Father got angry when you left." A young female hare said.
"Sofia, guys... Father kicked me out... He found out... He found out a secret... Then he got mad when he found out, he just kicked me out..." Reginald said.
"He told us about how you became a Satanist and left us..." Madison said.
"Did you believe him?" Reginald asked.
"Well, we might have believed you ran away, but became a Satanist? It didn't make sense." Madison said.
"Father blew a gasket after you left. He really was upset. He yelled at us when we asked if we could go find you. When we begged he-... He hit us..." William said.
"Me and Will tried to fight him off to protect the girls... But, you can see how that went..." Anthony said.
"Hey kid, don't feel bad about that arm, it shows you're a true fighter. Being willing to fight to protect your loved ones is the bravest thing one can do." Derex said.
"Thanks, me and Will were brave... We learned from Regi." Anthony said, he smiled at his oldest brother.
Reginald smiled back. "I'm glad all of you are alright... I'm sorry for leaving... I feel that this is all my fault..." Reginald said, he lowered his ears in shame.
"If you hadn't left father would not be in jail right now." Madison said.
"Yeah, you saved us by leaving... You're the best big bro ever." Sofia said as she went over to Reginald and hugged him.
The rest of his siblings followed suit. Anthony could only embrace with one arm though.
Reginald hugged all of them. "I'm glad you all still love me, and that you're alright."
They broke the group hug.
"Why wouldn't we love you?" Sofia asked.
"Yeah, you saved us. Indirectly this time, but still." William said.
"So, you guys don't know the reason father kicked me out...? The secret I told him, you know nothing of?" Reginald asked.
They all shook their heads, looking up at Reginald as if dying to know.
Reginald looked up at Derex.
Derex looked back at him. "I think it's time..." He said. He put a hand on his shoulder.
Reginald smiled a bit and put his hand on Derex's hand that was on his shoulder.
"Wait, do you guys like each other, like like each other?" Madison asked.
"Ye-... Yes... We do." Reginald said.
"Wait, you guys are actually dating?" Anthony asked.
Reginald nodded.
"Aren't you sinning if you two are dating?" Sofia asked.
There was a moment of silence.
"That's what father said, that doesn't matter anymore." Reginald said.
"We love each other, love isn't sin, right?" Derex asked the younger hares.
"I guess not..." William said.
"Wait, it's in the bible, right? It says two men that sleep together are sinners." Said Madison.
"Well... We never actually slept together, so..." Said Derex.
"Look, guys I can't help but love Derex. I didn't choose to like males, it just happen. I hope you can understand..." Reginald said.
There was another moment of silence. Finally someone spoke up.**
"We don't really care who you love, you're our brother, that'll never change." Anthony said.
The rest of them agreed.
"And besides, it's not for us to judge. God is the judge, not us." Said Madison.
"We'll always love you, Regi." Said Sofia.
Reginald smiled. "Thanks, guys. It means a lot."
The five siblings embraced one last time. Reginald felt a huge weight lift off of him. It felt great that he could rely on those that truly loved him. It was like he protected them, and they repaid him by accepting him for who he is. That was the greatest feeling ever.
#16 Posted: 17:45:58 27/01/2013
LOVE LOVE THE STORY! Please continue!
---
#17 Posted: 20:09:19 27/01/2013
This story really touches my heart so much!
I can tell that you put a lot of love into this, and that makes the story much better!
Love the story! smilie
I'm glad that Regi's siblings could accept his brother as well. :3

I think I actually might draw fan-art for this story sometime!
---
I draw stuff.
#18 Posted: 00:13:01 28/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Yes, please some fan art would be wonderful! I love your art! PM me when you have questions about something when/if you ever make fan art about this. I would love to give you details to assist you.

Ch. 5,

A new life and an old fear.

A few weeks had passed since Stephen Hoppertin, Reginald's father, was apprehended by police. He had been sentenced to life in prison for five accounts of child abuse and neglect and one account of child abandonment.
Reginald's four siblings were sent to live in a nearby town with their aunt and uncle, who were more than happy to take them in. Reginald knew they'd be more than happy living in a big house with family than they would be living in foster care or anywhere else. He was content enough to know they're out of harms way.**
Derex promised he'd take Reginald to see his brothers and sisters anytime he wished. So the hare was excited about that.
Things were finally like a dream come true, God had finally answered his prayers, and He did it really quick this time. Though there was one prayer that still remained unanswered... Was Reginald on the way to Hell all because he loved a guy?
It still tore at Reginald's heart to think of it... He knew what it said in the book of Leviticus... But that hasn't happen yet, but what if it does? What then...?

It was late one night, Derex and Reginald were lying together in bed. The couple were in their boxers. They were cuddling together and facing each other, holding each other close. Derex looked at Reginald while rubbing his side gently with his hand.
Reginald smiles at him and does the same.**They kissed, both of their hearts began to race, they started to breathe a little heavier, a bit of moaning escaped their lips. They held each other firmly, Derex's hands slid down Reginald's sides and rested gently on his hips.
Reginald looked up at his boyfriend, he could tell what he was getting ready to do.
"Bun bun, you seem quite nervous..." Derex said.
Reginald nodded. Were they really getting ready to do it?
Derex lightly kissed him and leaned in to whisper in his ear. "I love you... Everything's gonna be fine. I won't do anything unless you're ready..."**
Reginald relaxes a bit, he wraps his arms lightly around Derex's neck.**
Derex smiles and lightly kisses his boyfriend on the neck.
Reginald rubs the back of his boyfriend's neck with his hand, looking into his bright blue eyes, feeling the love he had for him just in his gaze.
The intense passion that followed was too much for either of them to handle, they let instinct kick in... Without regret or guilt, only tenderness and intimacy....

The two now slept soundly, Derex was holding Reginald in his arms with his head on his chest. The ferret didn't stir as the hare began to twitch uncomfortably in his sleep.

Reginald and Derex were before a great, mighty lion who was sitting on a great golden throne. He was clothed in brilliant robes that seemed to shine as He did. He stared down at the little rodents before Him. It seemed like there was fire in His eyes, pure rage and disgust as He looked upon them.**
He then spoke with a terrible and mighty voice. "Away from me, I do not know you... Get out of my sight, ye strangers who were never my sheep, you abominations who did defile yourselves and then still call yourselves mine. Away with you into the fires that cannot be quenched..." He said as He turned his gaze away from them.
"No! I'm sorry! Please... Have mercy..." Reginald begged as he and Derex were now floating over a big pit of fire. The pair tried to get to each other, but a force separated them. They began to fall at a quick rate. They both plunged into the flames, chains wrapped around them and held them in place. They frantically tried to get to each other, but the chains were pulling them in opposite directions.
"No! Derex!!!" Reginald screamed out.
"Regi!!!" Derex yelled back, but his voice became distant as he disappeared into the flames.
The flames then enclosed around Reginald. He felt fear... But most of all regret.... The book of Leviticus had been right... They were now abominations before God... And this was how they were going to spend eternity....
#19 Posted: 00:14:31 28/01/2013 | Topic Creator
The next thing Reginald knows, he awakes, breathing heavily, heart pumping from the fear of the nightmare... A nightmare? It was only a nightmare... Thank God....**
He saw that Derex was the one asleep on him this time. The ferret held him and was sleeping on his chest. Reginald's heart beat faster in fear. He realized what happen last night... What they did...**
"Good Lord... What did I do...?" Reginald whispered to himself.
Derex moaned a bit in his sleep and nuzzled into the hare's fur.
Reginald carefully pushed the ferret off him.**
Derex laid on his back, snoring a bit.**
Reginald stared at him for a while, then covered his boyfriend's nude body with the blankets. The hare sat up and, after finding and putting on his boxers, got out of bed. He walked into the bathroom, being careful not to crash into anything because he didn't have his contacts on. He turned on the light, went to the sink and washed his face with cold water. He looked at himself in the mirror. "Reginald, you idiot... What did you do last night....? Leviticus came true... Oh my God... I'm an abomination now...." He rested his wet hands on the mirror as he stared into it... Not only did he sleep with Derex, but he... He let Derex do him... What the Hell was he thinking...? Now Derex's soul will suffer because of him!**
"God have mercy... God... Have mercy on us... What did we do...?!" Reginald held his face in his hands as he sobbed into them.
He let go of his face after a few seconds, he sniffled as he dried his tears from his eyes. He turned off the bathroom light and walked out of the bathroom, he went over to the bed. He lowered his ears as he watched Derex sleep. He sat on the bed by his boyfriend.**
Derex was snoring, still asleep. He was a really heavy sleeper.
Reginald petted the ferret's head. The hare shook his head slowly. "Oh baby... What did we let happen last night? I'm sorry, I-... I'm so sorry. I practically let our souls be abominations, hated, before God...." A tear went down his cheek and fell onto the ferret's face. Derex lightly twitched.
"I could have.... I could have stopped it... I could have refused your advances... But-... Lust got the better of me... Us... I may have just let our souls be cast into Hellfire..." Reginald sobbed a little, but then bent down and kissed Derex softly on the cheek, he petted the still sleeping ferret a few times. "I love you..." Reginald whispered to him, the hare then got out of bed. He looked at Derex. "I'm gonna fix this... I'm gonna fix this right now... I-... I don't want to-... I don't want to end this... But-... What choice... What choice do I have...? It's not like I can... It's not like I can pray a prayer that gets rid of all sin, past, present and most importantly future..." Reginald thought out loud. "I need help, I need help, professional help..." Reginald went over to the other side of the bed, found his clothes that were on the floor, put them on and put on his contacts.**
He found his new cell phone that he got a week ago and checked the time. It was eight in the morning, and Sunday, good... Mass starts at 8:30, he could get to the church by walking...**
He left Derex's room and went toward the front door of the house.
"Regi, where are you going?" Beatrice asked from the kitchen when she saw Reginald hurrying through the house.
"To church, is it ok if I go?" He asked.
"Well, yes, but don't you want to dress nicer? Or eat something?" Beatrice asked.
"I'm fasting." Reginald lied.
"Well, alright. Have fun and be careful." Beatrice said.
"Tell Derex where I've gone if he asks." Reginald said as he walked out the door.
#20 Posted: 05:46:08 29/01/2013
Oh... Interesting, I didn't actually expect that Regi would do that.
Nice twist, well, it's a twist for me. ^^
---
I draw stuff.
#21 Posted: 23:46:15 29/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bolt
Oh... Interesting, I didn't actually expect that Regi would do that.
Nice twist, well, it's a twist for me. smilie

You didn't expect Regi to have intercourse? Well, trust me, he'll get more... Comfortable with it. And you people wondered why I put 'mature' in the title. JK.
Not to worry, I won't make it graphic.

Anyway, next chapter will be posted... Soon, like tomorrow.
#22 Posted: 20:08:38 30/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Chapter 6,

The offer to help.

Reginald almost had to jog to make it on time, he stumbled up the steps of the large church and got inside. He was immediately greeted by the scent of incense.
For some reason, animals were leaving the building already. The hare was confused.**
"Excuse me?" He asked an opossum in a suit and glasses that was walking past him.
The opossum stops and looks down at the hare. "Yes, young man?"
"Why is everyone leaving? Church isn't over, is it?" Asked Reginald.
"Why, yes it is. Didn't you get word? Father Felinious sent all of the congregation notices saying that Mass will start earlier, at 7:30 instead of 8..." Said the opossum.
"Oh, well I'll make a note of that... Thank you. Is Father Felinious still here?" Asked Reginald.
"I have no idea, look around for him, he might still be prowling around here with that Rottweiler assistant of his." Said the opossum.
"Alright, thank you, sir." Reginald says as he walks farther into the church and down the aisle. He looks around, feeling a bit uneasy with all these icons and images around, it didn't make him feel alright, especially with the nightmares he's been having... And what happen last night... God probably hated him now. Reginald wouldn't be surprised if the priest would kick him out of the congregation for what he was about to try to confess to the cat.
He then saw a Rottweiler dressed in bright yellow and white robes exit through a doorway and into the church. He stopped at the doorway, holding the door open for a feral, skinny black cat with a white priest's collar. The cat walked out through the doorway, the dog closed the door and walked after him.
"Father Felinious?" Reginald called out to the cat while walking towards him.
Felinious and his assistant stopped and watched as the hare walked up to them.
"What is it, Reginald? You seem quite troubled." Asked Felinous.
"May I confess something to you? Please, I've done a really bad thing according to God and the Bible... And I-... I just don't know what to do about it..." Reginald said, breaking into tears.
"Whoa, are you ok?" Asked Felinious' assistant.
Reginald shook his head. "I don't want... I don't wan-..." He began to say, but he couldn't get the words out. He sobbed madly into his hands.
"It's alright, son... Take a few breaths, calm down, we'll get it straightened out..." Felinious said.
Reginald moved his hands away. He spoke after a few more sobs. "I don't want to get rid of it..."**
"Get rid of what?" Asked Felinious.
"I think he means his sin, isn't that right Reginald?" Felinious' assistant asked.
Reginald nodded, he had his ears lowered and his teary eyes shut. He sobbed a few times.
"Theodore, sit this poor boy on a pew and we'll talk this over. We don't have to go into the confessional for this." Felinious commanded.
"Come on, let's go sit down..." Felinious' assistant said as he lead Reginald to a pew.**
#23 Posted: 20:12:02 30/01/2013 | Topic Creator
The hare sat down on the pew and dried his eyes a bit.
"Are you ready to tell us what's going on?" Felinious asked as he sat down on the floor in front of Reginald, curling his long tail around himself.
Reginald nodded, he took a few deep breaths. "I-... I slept with someone last night...." He began.
"Whoa... Kid... You're, like what, fifteen? Did you use protection, the Holy Father may say no protection, but we don't need any pregnant girls out there..." Said Theodore.
"No, you don't understand... It wasn't a female I slept with..." Reginald said.
There was silence then. The two priests looked at each other in shock.
"Sweet Mother Mary... It was a young man...?!" Felinious asked, looking up at Reginald.
Reginald nods. "I know it's sin... But-... But I-... I love him..." Reginald says as he starts to weep once more. "I don't want to leave my baby!" He says as he cries into his hands.
"But you also want to get to Heaven, right?" Asked Felinious.
"... Yes.... I don't want to burn!!!" Reginald said.
"Son, we can help you get rid of this demon... This demon of homosexuality... We can help cast it out. Father Felinious and I, we run a camp in the last month of summer to help homosexual boys deal with this..." Said Theodore.
"I-... I don't want to leave my boyfriend...!" Reginald said. He sobbed a few times before continuing to speak. "I... I don't want to burn either... I'm torn between these choices!!!"**
"We all struggle with tough choices.... But a real man chooses God. We can help you..." Felinious said.
A few moments passed, the only sound that could be heard was Reginald's fading sobs.
Theodore had left for those few moments and returned later with a brochure and a paper. He gave both to Reginald. "Read the brochure and sign up. God has given you an opportunity to get help... There's an extra paper there if you want your boyfriend to come with and get saved too." Theodore said.
Reginald took the papers and brochure as well. He glanced at them. "I'll have to think about this..."**
"Camp starts in a week, get the papers to us by next Sunday and you are in. Be sure to pack your bags too, cause you're not coming home in the next month... Unless you break the rules, of course..." Said Theodore.
Reginald gets up from the pew. "Again, I'll have to think about this..."**
"Go ahead and pray about it. I'm sure God will want you to come." Felinious said.
"Thank you, goodbye." Reginald said as he walked out of the church.**
This was stupid, why would he go to this camp to help 'get rid' of his homosexuality? It was ridiculous... So was living with his sin.... He didn't know what to do, though the answer kept slapping him over the head, eternity... That's what mattered... But was it worth breaking up with the one he loved? He didn't quite want to answer that...
He couldn't very well come up to his lover and say 'God is more important so I'm breaking up with you. You're the reason I'm going to Hell, so I want nothing to do with you. I repented for what we did last night so it means nothing to me anymore.' Ok, that seemed too harsh, but it was basically what he had to say to Derex if he wanted to go to Heaven...
Or maybe Hell wasn't too bad... He had to be joking, right?
#24 Posted: 23:27:46 30/01/2013
Wow. Tough decisions!
---
#25 Posted: 20:06:05 31/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Yep.

Chapter 7,

The hard decisions.

Reginald walked slowly and quietly towards Derex's house, he had been looking over the brochure and the papers that Father Theodore gave him. He couldn't believe he didn't throw these away as soon as he got them, could he so easily break up with his boyfriend, no, his lover, to go to Heaven and not Hell. The thoughts of what he should do waged war in his mind and heart, he couldn't throw away his eternity in Heaven for something so finite, then again he couldn't throw away the ferret that slept with him last night and that he loved so dearly... Ah! These thoughts were maddening! Is there a compromise?... Of course not... God was an all or nothing being, you either gave Him everything or nothing... But could He make an exception...?**
Why would He make an exception for a little hare who didn't love Him enough to give up his boyfriend and his entire way of life for Him?
Nothing made sense for him anymore, if God did give Derex to Reginald, then why did God demand that they not be together...? Why? Why was he being toyed with? Why was he being forced to choose between his lover and his God?
So many questions, yet no answers...
Reginald made it to Derex's house, he took time to fold up the papers and brochure and hide them in his pocket. He didn't want Derex to see he had such things with him. He wasn't sure how his lover would react.**
The fact that Reginald was even keeping them was frightening to him.**
Reginald walked into the house and went towards Derex's bedroom. He stopped when he saw the door open, Derex walked out, he was dressed in a light grey tank top and shorts.**
The ferret walked to Reginald and hugged him tightly. "Good morning, sweetie." He kissed him on the top of the head.
Reginald hugged him back. "Morning..."**
"Did you enjoy your time in church?" Derex asked as he let go of the hare.
"Yeah... I did." Reginald said as he let go of his boyfriend.
"Is something the matter, hon? You sound kinda upset." Derex asked, concerned.
Reginald shook his head. "No, I'm fine... Thanks for asking."**
"I know something is wrong... What is it?" Derex asked.
After a minute of Reginald not answering, Derex spoke again. "Is-... Is it about what happen... Last night? Cause I know you were nervous at first... Did-... Did I push you into something you weren't ready for?" Derex asked.
"No, no... You didn't, sweetie... Don't worry about it." Reginald said.
"I promise I'll never do something you're not ready for..." Derex said.
"No... I told you it's not that... I actually enjoyed last night." Said Reginald, smiling up at him a bit.
"Then, if it's not that, then what?" Asked Derex.
"Well... I just woke up from a bad dream this morning..." Said Reginald.
"Oh, well what was it about?" Derex asked.
"About us being judged by Jesus... And then He sent us to Hell... It-... It felt so real..." Reginald said, lowering his ears in fear, remembering the nightmare.
"These dreams are starting to worry me, you told me you've had nothing but nightmares all week..." Derex said.
"It's nothing, darling... Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going in our room to do a bit of thinking..." Reginald said. He started to walk toward their room.
"Hey, bun bun?" Derex called out.
Reginald stopped and turned around.
"Make the bed while you're in there...?" Derex asked.
Reginald's ears perked up and he narrowed his eyes a bit. "You had time to get dressed, but not time to make the bed?"**
"I had just gotten dressed after you got home." Derex said.
After a moment of silence Reginald spoke. "Fine."**
"Thanks, I'll make you breakfast afterwards." Derex said.
"No, no, please don't try to cook anything..." Reginald said, almost begging him.
"Relax, ma taught me how to cook better. It's not gonna be like last time when I almost burned the food..." Derex said.
"You did burn the food... In fact it was on fire." Reginald said.
"I put it out in time... When I found the fire extinguisher... Eventually... Anyway, don't worry, ma's watching me this time." Derex reassured him.
"Alright, good." Reginald said as he and Derex parted ways.
#26 Posted: 20:07:49 31/01/2013 | Topic Creator
Reginald went into the bedroom and closed the door, after he spent some time making the bed, he sat down on the newly made bed and pulled the papers out of his pocket. He began to read one over again. He still couldn't believe he was even keeping these...**
He scooted towards the nightstand and grabbed his rosary. He set the papers down and gripped the rosary with both hands. He closed his eyes and started to pray. "... God... Please... Show me what to do... What do I do...? About this camp? Should I go? Should I stay with Derex? Will you allow me to stay with my lover...?" Reginald prayed, after a few moments of silence, he spoke again. "I guess these are stupid questions... Of course you'd want me to go... According to a book that was written you know when... I want an answer from you... By the end of the week... A dream... Something!?... I place my path next Sunday and after that in your hands... Will I go to the camp to get help for my so-called problem...? Or will I stay with the one I love?... Please... An answer... Something..." Prayed Reginald, he dried his eyes of the tears. He spent the next few minutes in silence, as if waiting for an answer right then and there.**
He then opened his eyes and set the rosary down on the bed. He grabbed one of the papers and tore it up in anger. "I'm not gonna leave my lover! I'm not gonna leave him! If God were loving, He would understand!" Reginald threw the scraps of paper on the floor. He breathed heavily to calm down a bit. After waiting a few minutes, he put his face in his hands and sobbed.**
"I'm s-... Sorry... God I'm sorry... I didn't mean it... I just don't know what to do... If only you accepted lukewarm I would be ok..." Reginald said. He removed his hands from his face, sniveling a bit as he dried his tears. He looked at the paper that was on the bed, he picked it up, holding it in his hands, trying to figure out what to do. After a minute, he prepared to rip that one up as well, but then he stopped right when he was about to tear it. He folded it up and stuck it in his pocket. He decided to wait for God's answer in this matter... If He would even answer him... Reginald would wait...
#27 Posted: 00:02:58 01/02/2013
smilie Thanks for leaving me in suspense!
---
#28 Posted: 22:52:45 01/02/2013 | Topic Creator
You're welcome!

Decision made... And the last knowing?

A week had passed. One, long week, still no answer. Not even a dream that was relevant to Reginald's prayers. He guessed he'd stay with his lover then... It's sort of what he wanted... But at the same time what he dread deep in his heart. Was God giving up on him? Was God leaving him to the desires of his wicked heart? Was God going to send him to Hell because he didn't know what to do, yet the answer seemed to be right there? He didn't know what to do, or what to expect... But Reginald knew that any decision he made about the relationship between him and his boyfriend and his God was going to be bitter sweet. Decisions are hard, but eventually he had to choose...

Reginald and Derex were on the couch, watching TV. It was late at night and the only light came from the glare of the TV.**
Reginald had his head on Derex's chest while the ferret had his arms around him and his tail wrapped around his waist.
Suddenly there was a scratch at the door. Someone was scratching at the door.
Reginald sat up. "Who could that be?" He asked as he got up and went to answer the door. Derex was right behind him.
Reginald opened the door, he looked around.
"Down here, Reginald." Said a familiar voice.
Reginald looked down and saw Father Felinious standing there.
"Father Felinious? What are you doing here so late?" Reginald asked.
"May I come in, gentlemen?" Asked Felinious.
"Why, yes." Reginald said as he stepped aside.**
"Dude, is that really your priest?" Derex asked his boyfriend as the black cat walked inside the house.
Reginald looked at his boyfriend as he shut the door. "Yes. He is."**
"I don't get it, is he here to bless the house or something...?" Derex asked.
"I don't know." Reginald said, confused.
"I'm here because I haven't received your form yet." Felinious responded to the hare.
"Form?" Asked Derex.
"Yes, see, me and my assistant run a camp during the last month of summer, there we help teens become s-" Felinious started to say, but Reginald cut him off.
"Spiritual! They help teens become spiritual..." Reginald said.**
"Excuse me, that was-" Felinious started to speak again, but was cut off.
"Father, can we speak in private? Here, I'll take us to a private place..." Reginald said quickly as he picked the cat up and went into his room. He closed the door and put the semi struggling cat down.
Felinious shook himself to fix his messed up fur a bit, he looked up at Reginald. He was flicking his tail back and forth, that cat's way of showing annoyance.
"What was the meaning of that?! And who taught you how to handle a smaller feral animal?" Asked Felinious.
"Please, Father, forgive me... But I couldn't let Derex know about the camp... He might get upset..." Reginald said.
"Sheep are not always welcome with open arms, Reginald... You should have invited him to the camp too." Said Felinious.
"He's not so ready to call his orientation sin like I am... In fact, I don't even want to call it sin..." Said Reginald as he lowered his ears.
"We are not inclined to say we sin. It's our pride. And if you remember, pride is what threw Lucifer out of Heaven... Pride is one of the biggest threats. It takes a lot to be humble." Felinious said.
Reginald nodded. "I-... I want to be humble... In my heart, deep in my heart I know that all those times I slept with Derex have been sin... But yet I don't want to admit it..."**
"Times...? You mean you've laid with him more than once?" Felinious asked, shocked.
"Yes, three other times, just this week... At first it was really hard for me to... You know... But after that first time, all the fear just went away... But then after I wake up the next morning, the guilt and pain and fear come back... It's like I feel the wrath of God..." Reginald said.
"You know what the fear, guilt and pain are? God's way of telling you to stop letting that weasel 'know you'... Stop letting him get pleasure from you..." Said Felinious.
"He's a ferret... Ok, his great grandfather was a weasel, but I don't think it matters. And he's not doing it because of lust... Ok, that's part of it, but he loves me..." Reginald said.
"Is that how we show love now? By no marriage, no vows before God...? Just physical pleasure, is this what love has become?" Felinious asked.
"We loved each other before we ever... You know..." Reginald said.
There was silence for a minute.**
Felinious sat down on the floor, curling his tail around himself.
"Look, the devil is a liar, right? So he must have lied to you really good. You must see the truth. God doesn't want this... He wants you to love a woman, understand? You do love God, right?" Felinious asked.
"I know, I know... I do love God." Reginald said, shutting his eyes to fight tears.
"Then come to camp... We can help you get rid of the sin... We can make you better." Said Felinious.
#29 Posted: 23:02:34 01/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Reginald stood there and thought for a minute. He couldn't... He couldn't do this... He couldn't leave his lover. But... He couldn't betray his God... He didn't want to go to Hell...**
It took every ounce of strength for the hare to walk over to his backpack that was near the closet, he crouched down, opened the backpack and pulled out the form. He got up and grabbed a pen that was on the nightstand. He slowly set the paper down on the nightstand and hovered the pen over the paper. It was like two forces were having a battle. One wanted him to fill out the form, while the other wanted him to do what he did to the other one.
"Go on, it's alright..." Felinious said.
Reginald slammed the pen down. "I can't... I just can't..." He said. He began to tear up.
"You also don't want to go to Hell." Said Felinious.
Reginald breathed heavily in anger and frustration. "Why...? Why does God not want me to be happy?!"**
"You're looking for happiness in the wrong place... I promise you can be happy, truly happy, if you get rid of the sin of homosexuality. You can do this, in fact, you don't even have to fill out the form... I just need your word." Said Felinious.
Reginald stopped breathing heavily as he looked at the black cat. "...O-...Ok.... Ok... I'll come... I'll come..." He said, a few tears going down his cheeks.
"Good, I am proud of you. God is smiling down at you tonight." Felinious said.
Reginald nodded quickly. He couldn't believe what he just agreed to, he was crazy... Or was he sane? He didn't know anymore.
"Right, I'll just take my leave then. You made the right choice. Be ready by noon tomorrow. A bus with our church's name on it will arrive to pick you up. Don't bother packing anything but underpants and hygienic supplies, clothes will be provided for you. I'll show myself out." Said Felinious as he stood up and started towards the door. He stopped and looked at Reginald. "Oh, and tonight don't sleep with the weasel, you want to enter into our camp undefiled... Tomorrow's the start of a new life for you, son." Felinious said. He jumped up and gripped the handle of the door with both paws, he fell down and landed on his feet as the door opened a bit. He went out of the room and towards the front door. He stopped in the living room, he looked at Derex, who was sitting on the couch. "Excuse me, young man? Can you get the door?" Felinious asked.
"Yeah." Said Derex as he got up and opened the door.**
"Goodnight, and might you also be interested in coming to my camp?" Asked Felinious as he walked outside.
"Not interested, goodnight." Said Derex as he shut the door and then locked it. "He better not have scratched my door..." He said as he walked to the bedroom.
He saw Reginald putting something in his backpack. "Regi?" Derex asked.
Reginald jumped up in fright.
"Honey, it's ok, it's me..." Derex said.
"Jeez, babe... You scared me..." Reginald said as he looked at Derex.**
"Sorry." Derex said as he went over to the hare. "Tell me why you took that cat and locked yourself in our room with him." Derex asked as he looked down at Reginald.
"I... I just wanted to speak to him in private..." Said Reginald.
Derex crossed his arms. "So you grabbed him and carried him into our room...? That doesn't seem right... And I could swear I heard yelling..."**
"I-... I just didn't want to go at first... That's all." Reginald said.
"Wait..." Said Derex as he started to laugh a bit. "You, not want to go to church camp?" He put his hand on Reginald's forehead. "You sick or something? This doesn't seem like you."**
Reginald pushed his boyfriend's hand off him, his ears perked up. "I can assure you I am in proper health, Derex... It's just that, me and God haven't been getting along lately..."**
"Ah... I see... So, maybe some time at Bible camp will help." Said Derex as he lightly slapped Reginald on the back.
"Yeah." Said Reginald as he lowered his ears and smiled at Derex.
"Anyway, when do you leave?" Derex asked.
"Tomorrow, I gotta be ready by noon. I'll be gone for like a month." Reginald said.
"What? So tonight's our last night together for a whole month... This bites... Wait, I got it." Derex said, smiling as he said the last sentence.
"What?" Reginald asked.
"Let's make tonight extra special. It'll be our last night together for a while... You get comfortable, while I go do something real quick, then we spend the night together like it's 1999 going on 2000... And you **heard about how crazy that was..." Derex said, excitedly as he walked out of the room.
Reginald's ears perked up as he remembered the promise he made to his priest. "Wait, Derex... I don't think it's such a good ide-" What was he doing? Keeping a promise like that? In fact he never really said he would keep the promise, he was sort of told not to let Derex 'know him' tonight... So, he was supposed to let Derex forget him... Was that even a real saying...? What was he to say? He could make up an excuse that he was tired... Or he could just tell him the truth... The truth that the cat forbade them to sleep together tonight... Derex didn't take kindly to authority... Well... He had to face the facts that, if God magically turns him straight within the next month, he at least had to give Derex the love he craved, and to be perfectly honest, the hare wanted some love tonight... And did Derex just return into their room with his shirt off?
Derex held his shirt slung over his shoulder, he pushed the door shut with his foot. He walked up to his boyfriend and let his shirt drop to the floor. He hugged the hare.
Reginald hugged him back, smiling. He felt some abs with his hand. "Whoa... Baby... Did you work out?"**
"Yes... I wanted to get in shape to look good for ya, you like?" Asked Derex.
"I love!" Reginald said.
"Good..." Derex said as he passionately kissed Reginald.
Reginald returned the kiss, rubbing Derex's sides lightly while enjoying the ferret's touch.
Reginald willingly moved backwards as the ferret moved forward. The hare was laying on the bed on his back with the ferret laying on top of him gently.
Reginald wrapped his arms around his lover's neck lightly, he gave him a peck on the snout.
Derex laughed a bit. "You're so adorable..." He said.
"I'm a bunny, how can I not be?" Asked Reginald, while smiling at him.
"You're right, you're naturally adorable... I can't believe you stayed single all this time until I came along." Derex said.
"Then you're lucky to have me... As I am lucky to have you..." Reginald said as he kissed him on the lips.
They parted from their kiss. "I don't want you to leave, I'd miss your sweet, tender kiss... And those eyes that are the color of chocolate... And that-" Derex said as he kissed Reginald's nose. "Nose that is the color of cotton candy..." He continued.
"I'll miss you too, I'll miss your sweet words that you say to me everyday, your loving, tender embrace and most of all your eyes that look like a clear blue sky..." Said Reginald. He moved his hand through Derex's fur on his back.
A small moan of pleasure escaped the ferret's mouth as he enjoyed the hare's touch.
Derex kissed Reginald's neck softly, only to hear the hare moan a bit too.
They both let the passion drift them back into instinct, but not without gentleness and love.**
Reginald made sure he enjoyed this, because it might be the last he'll ever get if the 'problem' will get fixed.
#30 Posted: 21:32:42 03/02/2013
Next chapter will be all about "camp"? I really liked this one!
---
#31 Posted: 19:50:14 04/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Not exactly...

Stay or go?

Reginald awoke, this time he had no nightmares, the first time in like a week did he awake with no nightmares. He softly kissed the head of the ferret that was laying on his chest. He dreaded the thought of going to a place where he'd have to give up his beloved... But, it's what he was told he had to do if he'd want to see the golden streets of Heaven and be in God's favorable presence.
He sighed heavily in sadness as he carefully tried to push the sleeping ferret off him.
Derex moaned a bit and tightened the hold he had on Reginald. "First you kiss me, then you push me off you? You have an odd way of doing things, hon... Can't you just wake me up gently instead of shoving me off?" Asked the ferret as he kept his eyes closed.
"Oh, sorry... I thought you were a heavy sleeper." Reginald replied.
Derex opened his eyes and looked at his boyfriend. "I usually am..." He yawned. "Last night was insane... You never wanted me to stop... It's like you were gonna stay abstinent forever and that was gonna be your last time having sex..." Derex said as he laughed a bit.**
Reginald laughed a bit too. "Yeah... Sorry, I got a bit carried away..."**
"A bit...? I nearly passed out a few times... I was a bit thankful when you did, I finally got some rest then..." Derex said.
"Again, sorry..." Reginald said as he petted his boyfriend's head, enjoying the feel of his soft fur, possibly for the last time.
"Nah, it's fine... I just wasn't expecting you to be so... You know... Freaking horny." Derex said.
"Yeah." Reginald said.
"Is this how it's gonna be when you come back after a month of being abstinante and away from me?" Derex asked.
Reginald was silent for a few seconds, dreading how it'll be like for the next month... "I sure hope so... At least a little, I don't want it to be that intense though..." Reginald looked at the clock, it was eleven.
Reginald got out from underneath his boyfriend and jumped out of the bed. "It's eleven! I only have one hour to prepare before the bus comes!" Reginald ran to the bathroom, but he missed the doorway by mere inches and slammed into a wall. "OW!!!" Reginald cried out as he held his nose with one hand.
Derex sat up and looked at him. "Are you ok!?"**
"Yes, I'm fine... I just ran into a wall with my face!" Reginald said as he walked into the bathroom and turned the light on.
"Your sarcasm hurts, you know?" Derex asked.
"I know, I'm sorry... I'm just in a hurry..." Reginald said as he turned the shower on.
"Want me to make you breakfast?" Derex asked.
"Please don't cook anything... Your mom's not here to watch you..." Reginald said as he hopped in the shower.
"I'm just gonna make you some toast with jam. All I have to do is use the toaster to toast the bread..." Derex said.
"Alright... At least you can't mess that up..." Reginald said.
"What was that last part?" Derex asked.
"Nothing. Go make breakfast then." Reginald replied.
"Ok." Derex said.
#32 Posted: 19:57:26 04/02/2013 | Topic Creator
After thirty minutes of showering, Reginald turned the water off, jumped out of the shower and began to dry himself off with a towel. He got some of the water out of his fur before drying his fur with the hot air of a hair drier. He put the towel around himself and walked out of the bathroom, he saw that Derex had made the bed and picked up all the clothes on the floor, that was sure nice that Reginald didn't have to clean up for once.
Reginald got dressed and began to pack what he was told to pack, a months worth of undergarments and hygienic supplies. Although this is the first camp he ever heard of that provided clothes for you. He packed everything in his backpack after he removed some papers from it and put them on the nightstand. He also put on his contacts and put the container he stored them in into the backpack. He left the room with his backpack after he stuck his phone in his pocket.
Reginald walked into the kitchen and to his surprise he didn't inhale smoke this time. Although he did smell something burning. He walked over to the table where Derex was standing, the ferret was dressed in a white tank top and grey boxers. "See? I made breakfast." He said as he gestured over to the plate with black toast and some sort of jam on it.
Reginald looked at the food. "Baby?"**
"Huh?" Derex asked.
"You burned the toast..." Reginald said.
"Yeah... But hey, at least nothing caught on fire this time..." Derex said, obviously proud of himself.
Reginald sat down at the table after setting his backpack down. He prayed over the food, mainly praying that he can stomach the stuff and that it was edible.**
As Reginald was praying Derex set a glass of orange juice in front of him.
"Amen..." Reginald said in a small voice as he opened his eyes and grabbed the toast and started eating... The worst thing he'd ever eaten... But he choked it down with the orange juice his boyfriend gave him. He swallowed the last bite and looked at Derex. "That was good, honey... You are becoming a good cook..." He said as he smiled at him and lowered his ears.
"Really? Thanks..." Derex said as he grabbed an equally burned piece of toast out of the toaster and dipped it in a jar of jam and took a bite. He chewed it a bit before he ran to the sink and spat it out. He turned on the water and washed his mouth out. He turned the water off and looked at Reginald. "Bleh!... How can you stand to eat something so burnt? That was nasty... You really are weired... But you're my little weirdo..." He said as he threw the toast away into the garbage.
Reginald's ears perked up and he looked at Derex with his eyes narrowed. 'You mean I didn't really have to eat it!?' He thought to himself.
Derex looked at him. "What?... What's with the glare?"**
"Nothing... I'm gonna go wait outside, the bus should be here in ten minutes." Reginald said as he got off the chair and put his backpack on. He looked at his boyfriend. "You can wait with me, put some pants on first."**
"Right." Derex said and left for their room to go look for pants.
Reginald watched him, the hare then sighed heavily and slowly walked outside. He waited on the edge of the driveway.**
Soon, Derex arrived, wearing black shorts. He stood with Reginald.**
The hare gently grabbed the ferret's hand and affectionately squeezed it.
Derex looked down at him. He saw that the hare's ears were down and his eyes were looking down. He could also faintly sense sadness. Derex rubbed Reginald's hand with his thumb. "Bun bun, don't worry... One month will go by like that..." Derex said as he snapped his fingers once with his other hand.
Reginald sniffled. "I know..." He hugged him tightly, burying his face into his side.**
Derex hugged him and held him close.**
"Honey, I just want you to know... That whatever happens... I'll always love you..." Reginald said as he sobbed a bit.
"Regi, what are you talking about? You're just going to Bible camp..." Derex said, highly confused.
"I-... I know..." Reginald said, how he wished he could tell Derex the truth... Of course, he wished he didn't face this horrid reality... He wished this wasn't happening...**
"Are-... Are you afraid that they're gonna make you be abstinent until you marry? Cause if that's the case it doesn't matter, we will work around that... Or we can wait until we're old enough to legally marry then we storm the church and demand that the priest marry us... Or we can get married in a court house, if they refuse we'll storm that as well, maybe gather some protesters... And I'm thinking too far into the unknown future, am I not? Anyway we could just break that oath of abstinence that they make you take, if they make you take it, that is..." Derex said.
A bus was heard in the distance. Reginald and Derex looked down the street and saw a light blue bus driving towards them. It stopped in front of their house and opened its' doors. FatherTheodore was in the driver's seat. He was wearing a usual black priest's robe.**
Derex let go of Reginald. The hare clung to him.
"Reginald, it's time to go... Come on, let go of the weasel..." Theodore said, impatiently.
Derex pried the hare off him. "It's gonna be fine, baby... You can text me everyday... Unless these guys take your phone away like some Bible camps do to make you get closer to God, or something... Text me or call me before they swipe your phone. Ok?" Derex asked.
Reginald nodded, he began to tear up. "Goodbye..."**
Derex kissed him on the lips.
Reginald returned the kiss. He turned to leave, but took one last look at his lover.**
Derex smiled and waved at him. "Bye, baby."**
Reginald waved a bit at him, before sorrowfully stepping on the bus.
#33 Posted: 00:18:50 05/02/2013
Very good chapter!
---
#34 Posted: 20:33:04 06/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Thanks.

Ch. 10,

The bus.

The busses' doors closed as soon as Reginald got up the steps. The bus drove away from the house, Reginald stumbled a bit then caught himself on a rail.**
"What was that all about? That... That display of disgusting so-called affection?!" Asked a familiar voice.
Reginald looked toward the voice and saw Father Felinious sitting in a front seat.
Reginald's ears lowered as he still clung to the railing. "I-... Uh..." He stumbled for the right words.
"You have no self control, do you?" The cat sighed. "No matter... We'll fix that... Are you at least undefiled like I told you to be?... And remember, do not lie, God's watching..." Felinious said.
"... Uh-... I-..." Reginald started then yelled a bit in fear as the bus made a sharp turn and he almost fell.
"Boy, sit down! It's not safe to stand on the bus!" Theodore hollered.**
Reginald sat down near Felinious, he didn't want to but that was the nearest seat.
"Well, answer me..." Felinious said. He was flicking his tail impatiently.
"Felinious... Let the poor bunny be." Said someone. The speaker finally walked up to the front, he was a white fox, he wore blue jeans, a red shirt and a locket.**
Felinious looked up at the fox, growling a bit in annoyance of being defied. "It's rude to interrupt someone, Mr. Felix!"**
"Yeah, it's also rude to ask if someone's had sex last night! That's private business!" Felix replied back.
"No, it's ok..." Reginald said as he looked at Felix then turned to reply to Felinious.
"No... You don't tell this cat anything about your sex life! It's not a need to know type of thing..." Felix said putting a hand on Reginald's shoulder.
Reginald turned to him. "I've already told him so much though."**
"It doesn't matter... You don't need to tell him anything more... Come on... Let's go to my seat where you won't be interrogated." Felix said as he turned and walked toward the back of the bus.
Reginald stood up and followed. As he walked he noticed other animals around his age also on the bus. There was a black panther wearing a football jersey and black pants. He was talking on his cell phone, apparently trying to calm someone on the other end. "Nah, baby please calm down... They're not gonna magically change me straight... They can't break me! I'm tough as nails! That's why I'm a quarterback. I call the shots! And I ain't gonna listen to no one that wants to change who I am..." Said the panther.
Reginald walked past the panther jock and saw a white feral wolf.
Reginald was about to walk past the wolf.
"Hey, little bunny rabbit?" Asked the wolf.
Reginald stopped and looked at him.**
"Hi, I just want to say I think it was cute the way you kissed your boyfriend goodbye. You really don't wanna change either, do you?" He asked.
"No, but-... It's not like I have a choice... If I don't I'll go to Hell..." Reginald said, lowering his ears.
"Ah, Hell shmell! That's just what they say... You let no one say who you love... And if you ever need anything old Cyrus is here to help." Said the wolf.
"Thanks." Reginald said, he continued walking.
Reginald saw a little light brown chihuahua wearing a light blue shirt and tan pants. He looked a bit scared.
"Hey, are you ok?" Reginald asked.
The little dog looked at him. "Pl-... Please, don't sit near me! I want to get better!" Said the dog, shaking in fear.
Someone tapped Reginald on the shoulder, the hare turned around and saw Felix.**
"It's best if you leave that poor creature be... Come on." Felix said as he walked to the back of the bus and sat down.**
#35 Posted: 20:34:46 06/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Reginald followed and sat down near the fox. "What's a matter with the chihuahua?"**
"He's afraid of being who he is... Felinious said he's been to this camp before and he's on the verge being cured... Cured... More like being sent to a mental clinic. Poor little guy, wonder why he's so paranoid? Maybe his parents are the problem?" Felix commented.
Reginald looked down, remembering how his father reacted when he found out. "My father threw me out when he found out I was gay..."**
"Oh, I'm so sorry..." Said Felix.
"He was horrible anyway, I'm glad I didn't stay... I'm also glad the cops arrested him." Reginald said.
"They arrested him? Well that's good. And I'm sorry that you were so harshly treated by your own father. My folks were not too thrilled about me having a boyfriend, but they loved me anyway. But they still sent me to this camp because the cat told them he could 'help me'... Pfff! I don't understand why society has to say we need help to be 'normal'. They don't understand what normal is. They're not normal! That's the problem..." Felix said while slumping down in his seat and crossing his arms.**
Reginald kept silent for a moment. "I kinda feel as you do... Society does dictate what normal is. And they don't understand. Hardly anyone understands us... But, then again being gay isn't favored in God's eyes, no sin is... That's what my father always said. You go to Hell just because of one unrepented sin, that's all it took." Reginald said.
"Oh, so that's why you're here... You're scared God's gonna toss you into Hell? That's what those church folk tell you... They say you can't sin and be with God at the same time... How is love sin? Honestly." Felix said, sitting upright in his seat.
"I really don't know, I always turn to Leviticus for that answer. Leviticus haunts me... Every time I wake up with my boyfriend in bed with me, it haunts me..." Reginald said.
"I would say you have no reason to be afraid, but since you grew up with church folk I guess you already have fear in you... I am so sorry. My folks were never big on church or the Bible, but I guess they turned to the church and the cat for help... That's why I'm here. I tried to run away last night. But I was caught..." Felix said.
"Where would you have gone?" Reginald asked.
"To my boyfriend's place. He would have kept me safe from these church folk that want to change me." Felix said.
"Does your boyfriend know you're here?" Reginald asked.
"Yeah, I told him this morning before I got on the bus. He wasn't there to say goodbye like yours was... What hurt me the most was when he asked 'Do you not love me anymore? Do you want to change?'... I, of course, answered 'no'... But his questions still stung... I promised him that I'd return to him just the way I am..." Felix had a look of determination in his eyes when he said that last statement. "I intend to keep that promise... They're not gonna break me..."**
The chihuahua poked his head over the back of the seat to look at the hare and fox. "Oh, they'll break you alright... The power of God is strong with them. You cannot resist it... The devil will flee from you..."**
"We don't have the devil in us... And is that why you're so... Like that... Because they broke you?" Feliex asked.
"Uh-huh... They tried to take Satan out... They've been trying for many summers... But he doesn't want to go... I want him out! I don't want to love men! I want a nice girlfriend..." Said the chihuahua as he ducked his head so he couldn't be seen anymore.
There was a moment of silence from the fox and hare.
"Wow!" Said Reginald as a response to the little dog's words of paranoia.
Felix looked at him. "Yeah, don't let them break you, you might end up like that..." He said, referring to the paranoid chihuahua.
"Man, what the heck do they do to you in this camp? I don't think I should have come..." Said Reginald.
"We all shouldn't have come... But we were all pressured or made to come, even him." Felix said, pointing toward where the chihuahua was sitting.

The bus parked in a parking lot. "Alright, everyone gather your belongings and get off the bus, we have arrived." Felinious announced.
Felix and Reginald got off the bus along with the other teens. They saw a large, white building in front of them.
Felinious and Theodore got off the bus last and stood in front of the teens.**
"Alright, follow us into the building, we will assign you uniforms and rooms." Theodore said as he and Felinious walked towards the building.
"Remember, don't let them break you..." Felix said to Reginald.
The hare nodded. He was kinda scared of what awaited them inside. But he had to be strong...
derpyhooves Platinum Sparx Gems: 5698
#36 Posted: 01:38:49 11/02/2013
I think gays should be able to marry. ASnybody against gays should be shunned (and im a 13 year girl saying this)

i loved this story! keep it up!
#37 Posted: 02:37:21 11/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Chapter 11,

Camp.

They all walked into the building. There were guard dogs standing near the doors. Reginald was a bit uneasy, why were there so many guards around?**
They walked down a grey, carpeted hallway and past some doors. There was a number and a gold colored cross on each door.**
They turned a corner, walked through a doorway and up five flights of stairs. They went through another doorway and down another hallway, they all stopped by some doors.**
"Alright, now's a good a time as any to assign you rooms." Said Felinious.
Father Theodore pulled some papers out of his pocket and looked through them. "Jose, you're in room 512." He said, looking at the chihuahua who was standing in front.
"Yes, Father." Said the chihuahua, nodding quickly.
"Hunter, you're in room 514..." Said Theodore as he looked at the panther.
Hunter was still on his cell phone, not paying attention.
"Hunter!?" Felinious yelled.
"What? Can't you see I'm on the phone?" Hunter snapped.
"You won't be for long, it's time to get off... Say your goodbyes to whoever you're speaking to, you won't have a phone for the next month... That goes for all of you. Text and call your families now and tell them you won't be able to communicate with them for a month." Theodore said.
"A month!? That's some bullsh-" Hunter began to say.
"Don't use curse words in this building!" Felinious scolded.
"Whatever man!" Hunter said as he focused again on his phone conversation. "These yahoos want me to give up my phone for a month. So, I won't be able to talk to you for a month..." The panther pulled the phone away from his ear when a loud wail was heard from the other end. "Now baby... Calm down! Man up, please... It'll only be a short while..." Said Hunter as he placed the phone back to his ear. "I love you too... Don't worry about me, I can take whatever they dish out. Goodbye... I'll see you soon." Hunter closed the phone. He looked at the cat and dog priests. "Happy?! You just made my boyfriend upset, he's a very sensitive guy."**
The two priests ignored his outburst.
"You're in room 514, understand?" Asked Theodore.
"I heard you the first time... You cross dressing mutt..." Hunter said the last part in a muffled tone.
"Good, now then. Cyrus, you're in room 516." Theodore said.
"Ok." Cyrus replied.
"Felix, you're in room 518." Theodore said.
Felix didn't reply, he only crossed his arms as he looked at the Rottweiler.
"And Reginald, you're in room 520." Said Theodore.
Reginald nodded.
"Everybody to your rooms. You've got fifteen minutes to unpack your things and call whoever you want to say goodbye." Felinious said.
Everybody dispersed to head to their rooms, Reginald eventually found his room and went inside. There was a single, plain looking bed with thin white sheets on it. There was also a dresser with a Bible on it. Also on the dresser was a small TV, but it had no buttons on it, strange.There was a door leading to a small bathroom. The room itself was tiny and plain.**
Reginald put his stuff down on the bed and took out his cell phone. He speed dialed a number, put the phone up to his ear and waited as the phone rang.

Derex was asleep on the couch, he awoke suddenly as his cell phone rang. He searched the coffee table for the phone, with his eyes closed, still half asleep. He grabbed the remote for the TV instead and put it up to his ear. "Hello...?... Hello?" The phone was still ringing. He then opened his eyes and realized that he grabbed the wrong thing. He set the remote down and answered his phone. "Hello?" He asked, sleepily.

"Hey, Derex." Reginald replied.

Derex sat up on the couch. "Ah, hey hon... You there already? How was the trip?"**

"It was... Interesting to say the least. I made a new friend, his name is Felix." Reginald said, sitting down on the bed.

"Look at you, making friends already. Good for you." Derex said.

"Yeah, listen, they really are taking my phone away for the whole month." Reginald said.

"Ah, see, what'd I tell you? They take your phone so you got no distractions then next thing you know they make you take vows of abstinence... Well you don't let them tell you how to live your life, understand?" Derex asked.

"If I want to stay, then I gotta give them my phone." Reginald said.

"Fine, let them take your phone, but don't let them take your way of life, your freedom..." Derex said.

"Alright. I understand. And since I may not be able to talk to you for a month... I just want to let you know... I love you..." Reginald said.

"I love you too. I look forward to when you come home again." Derex said.

Reginald started tearing up. "Me too... Goodbye..." He hung up the phone. He sighed, looking at the grey carpet, thinking about this choice he made to come here... Was this all a horrible mistake?The chihuahua said something about them breaking him, what did he mean? And why was the dog so paranoid? What happen to him?
#38 Posted: 02:47:24 11/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Reginald decided not to dwell on this too much and got off the bed. He started to unpack his things. He put his clothes in the dresser and the hygienic supplies in the small bathroom.**
Reginald heard Felinious from outside the room.
"Everyone come out. Time to get your new uniforms and give up your cell phones." Felinious said.
Theodore was standing near the cat with an armful of white robes. He also held a box.
Everyone came out of their rooms, except for Cyrus, he didn't need to come out, but he wanted to watch what was going on.
"When I call out your name please come and take a robe and put your phone in the box, then when you have your robe go and change. Felix." Theodore said.
Felix went over and grabbed a robe from Theodore. "Are you serious? I have to wear this?"**
"Yes..." Theodore said, extending the box to the fox. "Phone."**
Felix got his phone from his pocket and dropped it in the box. Then he went into his room and shut the door.
"Hunter." Theodore said.
The large panther went up to the Rottweiler. "I ain't wearing no dress, dog... You can feel free to cross dress all you want, but you will not see me in a dress. I am a man!" Hunter protested, flattening his ears a bit.
"Unless you wish to wear that football uniform for the rest of the month I suggest you take the robe... We provide laundry services for our robes and your undergarments only, if you want to wear that football uniform you best get ready to wash it... And we will not provide detergent for your football uniform..." Felinious said.
Hunter stared down at the small, feral cat for a moment, he then grabbed a robe and started to walk towards his room.
"Wait, phone..." Said Theodore.
"After I change. Don't aggravate me!" Hunter said as he walked into his room and slammed the door.
"Jose." Theodore said.
The chihuahua walked up to the priest, phone in hand, he put the phone in the box, grabbed a robe and went to his room without a word.
"Reginald." Theodore said.
Reginald walked up to Theodore, he grabbed a robe, put his cell phone in the box with the others and walked into his room.
A few minutes later everyone came back in the hallway dressed in their robes. Cyrus hadn't moved from his spot in the doorway. He was glad he wasn't made to dress up, it was sometimes easy to be feral.
Theodore came back down the hallway with no box in hand, he must have put it away somewhere.
Felinious walked up to Felix, he noticed his heart shaped, silver locket. "May I see what is in that locket?"**
"May I keep anything that belongs to me?" Felix asked, extremely annoyed.
"Son, I just want to see what's in the locket... Please." Said Felinious.
Felix groaned in annoyance as he took his locket off and opened it, showing the picture that was inside to the cat. It was a picture of Felix and a male jaguar kissing.
"Ugh... Theodore. Confiscate that locket immediately! We can't have this young mind so easily temped by an image such as that..." Felinious said, turning away from Felix.
Theodore went towards the fox and tried to grab the locket.
Felix stepped back. "No! You take away my only memory of my love in this place?"
"Calm down, son. That's just the devil speaking through you. No need to be scared... We're only trying to help you..." Theodore said, he pried the locket from the fox's grasp quickly.
Felix didn't make a move for the locket or anything, he just looked at the two priests with hate in his eyes.
Jose went over to Felix, but kept his distance. "If you submit to God's will everything will be easier..." The chihuahua told him.
Felix looked at the little dog, but he didn't say anything.
The chihuahua retreated to the back of the group.
Reginald went over to Felix. "It's gonna be ok."
Felix looked at Reginald. "Thanks..."
Theodore put the locket in his pocket.
"Everyone, we know this change is hard for you, but I promise these changes will feel normal to you in no time. This is for your own good and for the good of your souls." Felinious said.
"And how is makin' us wear dresses, takin' our phones and takin' this fox's locket that means a lot to him good for our souls?" Hunter asked.
"This is just the start of something much greater, I can assure you, Mr. Hunter." Felinious said. He then looked at Theodore. "Father Theodore, come here..." He said in a hushed tone.
The Rottweiler crouched down near the cat.**
"You know what to do..." Felinious whispered to him.
Theodore stood up again.
"Everyone follow me now." **Felinious told the group. He walked down the hall.
The five teens followed the cat.
Reginald looked at Felix. "Are you going to be ok?"
"Yes. I'll live, a little mad, but I'll live... There's no use arguing with these guys." Felix said.
"But we can't let them change us. First they take our memories of our loved ones, then they take our connections to them, then they'll try to make us straight... They'll try to make us not love our boyfriends anymore. I swear I'll come out of this damned place as gay as I came in. They're not gonna change me." Said Hunter.
"They're going to try... Just look at what they did to Jose. The little guy admitted they tried to get the devil out of him." Cyrus said.
"They almost succeeded! But he came back.... He came back... He always comes back..." Jose said nervously from behind the group. He then ran past all of them and then walked with Felinious. "Father? May I walk with you? I don't want to be tempted to have my eyes wander and have lust in my thoughts..." Jose asked.
"Of course, son. I'm glad that at least you are not in rebellion of what the Lord is trying to do here." Felinious said.
"Exactly." Jose said.
"Pfff... Pastor's pet..." Hunter commented.
They all went in a room with many chairs and the chairs were in front of a stage with a podium.
Behind the podium on a wall was a large cross.
"Everyone sit down, we will begin in a few minutes." Felinious commanded.
Everyone found a chair and sat down, except for Cyrus who took a seat on the floor.
Jose sat down far away from everyone else.
#39 Posted: 02:49:08 11/02/2013 | Topic Creator
A few minutes later, Father Theodore joined Father Felinious on the stage. The Rottweiler crouched down and whispered something to the cat. Felinious nods as Theodore stands. Both priests looked at the teens.**
"Now, we know that most of you don't want to be here, some of you have shown open resistance to what we're trying to do. But we promise we're only doing what's right in our Lord's eyes. I think you can all agree to that... You'll be here for one solid month, and during that time we'd like to see some progress. Here to help us are several priests that have come from around the country. You'll meet them and work with them throughout the month. Now, we realize that some of you are under the impression that you can't change from gay to straight, right?" Felinious asked the teens.
"That's exactly what we know!" Hunter said.
"Yeah! We just don't think we can't, we KNOW we can't! You'll never understand us!" Felix shouted out.
"That's where you are wrong... For you see, a long time ago... Me and Benedictus, oh excuse me, I mean Father Felinious, we were like you..." Theodore said.
There was an eerie silence throughout the group.**
"That's right... In fact, during our later years in High school we were... Together." Felinious added.
"Wait... So you and him were partners...?" Felix asked.
"Yes..." Theodore replied.
"Aww. That's so adorable..." Said Cyrus.
"It was NOT adorable!" Felinious yelled out. He took a second to calm himself. "It was all a lie... A lie from Satan...The Lord saved us from what we were. He can do the same for all of you. It was a long road and it took years before we were completely clean... But we did it, we got saved." Felinious said.
"You're just deluding yourselves..." Felix said.
"Yeah, and I bet you guys still love each other. I can sense the passion in both of you when you're near each other... It's truly beautiful, yet sad because you won't admit your love." Cyrus said.
"Yeah, man, get back together. It's kinda cute." Said Hunter.
"No! Stop trying to tempt us! We stopped giving in to temptation many years ago." Felinious said.
Reginald just kept quiet, he didn't know what to think, no way he can do what the priests did, he could never imagine...
"You can do it too, you can stop giving in to your desires. You can deny your lust for males, like we denied our lust for each other." Theodore said.
"Indeed, me and Theodore live together, share the same bed and we continue to be clean." Felinious said.
Felix started to laugh. "Wait, you two former partners share the same bed and you're still 'clean'?"**
"Yes, I don't find it neccessary for me, a feral cat, to have a huge bed all to myself, when all I need is the other pillow on his bed to sleep on." Felinious said.
"And this just proves that we are cleansed by the grace of God and we can live together without submitting to the will of our flesh and the devil. We are what you call, a success story." Theodore said.
"But, just because we, former partners, can live together doesn't mean that you should try that with your partner if you have one." Felinious said.
"But, my father got arrested for child abuse, living with my boyfriend is like my only option. The closest family I have to here are my uncle and aunt, they already took in my four siblings, their house is full. Am I supposed to live in the streets or at a shelter?" Reginald asked.
"Well, no, but I'm sure you can figure something out. Why, you can live with us. It's much better than living with someone who'll tempt you." Felinious said.
Reginald looked down in anger. "I wouldn't want to live with someone who wants to change me... I've already been through enough stress living with my abusive father!" Reginald said, standing up and looking at the cat.
"We're only trying to help." Theodore said.
"Your help is not the kind I want..." Reginald said, perking his ears up and narrowing his eyes at the priests.
"You're right, it's the help you need... Now, sit down and listen..." Said Felinious, forcefully.
"It's what God wants, that's why He put you here..." Theodore said.
Reginald stood there for a moment, trying to calm down, he knew they were right... But somehow, all this felt wrong to him, he slowly sat back down and sighed heavily.
"You ok?" Felix asked the hare.
"I'll be fine... I think." Reginald replied, not looking at the fox.
Why had he come here? It's not like he was forced to come here... But he felt he kinda was, by the priest, by God and by his own conscience...
Reginald wanted to go back home, but he knew he'd have the wrath of God to deal with again... No wonder God didn't plague him with nightmares last night, He was glad that Reginald chose to get 'help', either that or you just can't dream at all after you pass out... It didn't matter what Reginald wanted, he felt that God always wanted him to do something totally different... And perhaps Derex was right, maybe this camp would help rekindle a bond between God and Reginald. Even if Derex was in the dark about what this camp is really for, he may be right about that... Maybe...
#40 Posted: 12:43:30 16/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Chapter 12,

Exorcisms.

"We would like to introduce you to a few of our priests who have come from miles around to assist you." Felinious said, he looked towards a doorway as a few other priests came out and joined the cat on the stage. Most of them were of the feline or canine family, except for one of them who was a goat. They all wore the usual black robe with the white collar.
"They will be here to assist as needed, and we've assigned you individual priests to work with you. You'll get acquainted with them later." Theodore said.
"As for right now, we'll start the first course of your cleansing..." Felinious said.
"You acting like we're sick or have the plague or something!" Hunter snapped.
"Ah, but you are sick, young man, in the spirit." Said the goat priest.
"Says you! Aren't you a goat? Goats automatically go to Hell right?" Hunter asked.
"That's only a metaphor, the Bible uses a lot of those..." Said the goat.
"I ain't sitting here and gettin' told I'm sick just for loving a male deer!" Hunter snapped at him.
"Aww, your boyfriend is a deer? We've got some cute couples here." Commented Cyrus.
Hunter ignored the wolf's comment, still outraged at the goat's insult. He got up and started to walk out.
Jose jumped out of the chair and stood in the doorway, blocking the large panther's way.
"Out of the way, pup! I'm outta here!" Hunter said.
"Don't!... Submit and all will be well, you'll be well, we'll all be well." Jose said.
"I said outta my way! I'm going to my room to get some sanity put back into me..." Hunter said and pushed the small dog aside.
The chihuahua fell to the floor and the panther walked past him.
Cyrus ran over to Jose. "You ok?" Asked the wolf as he tried to help him up only to yelp in pain after receiving a smack on the muzzle from the now terrified dog.
Jose got up and ran onto the stage, hiding behind some priests.
"Ow!" Whined Cyrus as he rubbed his muzzle with the back of his paw. "I didn't mean to frighten him..." He said as he walked back to his spot and sat down.
"Don't mind him, ok? He's obviously got some paranoia issues to work out..." Felix told the wolf.
"I know, I can sense the overwhelming fear in that little guy... But he didn't have to be so rude." Cyrus said.
Theodore looked at Jose. "Are you alright, Jose?"
"I-... I think so, Father." Said Jose, getting out from behind a priest.
"You didn't have to hit Cyrus like that." Theodore said.
"I-... I know, I just got scared, that's all... I'm sorry." Jose said.
"Alright, now go back to your seat." Theodore said.
"Actually, he can stay up here. He'll demonstrate how we're going to help the others." Felinious said. He looked at the other teens. "I'm sure you're all at least a bit familiar of how we get demons out of others...?"
"Exorcisms?" Reginald asked.
"Yes, you are correct." Felinious said.
"Indeed, this is the same way Jesus got demons out of others. He has given his priests the power to cast demons out of animals." Theodore said.
"So, you're gonna cast demons out of us...? Are you two serious?" Felix asked.
"As serious as a heart attack, son." Theodore replied.
"And Jose here will be the first to have demons taken out of him." Felinious said as he looked at the chihuahua.
"I am prepared, Father... I don't want Satan in me anymore... These horrid thoughts must leave me!" Jose said.
"Priests! Pin him and begin the exorcism!" Felinious commanded.
A cat and a dog grabbed Jose and got him on the floor. The rest of them started yelling things at him, taking out crosses and putting them in his face. Some of them took out small bottles of water and started dowsing the chihuahua with the water. He had his eyes closed and he didn't move through the whole thing.
"Get out of this boy, Lucifer! Get out of him now! He wants to be cleansed of your filth!" Theodore said, taking out a cross and lightly tapping the dog on the head with it.
Jose yelped a bit.
The other teens watched on in horror, they didn't know if the yelp was from pain or fear.
Reginald took to hiding behind Felix's chair. He didn't want to see anymore or be the next one up there.
The yelling from the priests continued for a few minutes, until it was done. They let Jose go, the chihuahua laid on the stage for a few moments before sitting up and declaring. "Thank the Lord! I no longer feel demons giving me bad thoughts... I feel great." Said Jose as he walked off the stage, he rubbed his arms a bit where the priests held him and then sat down a bit closer to the group.
"See? He's getting better already, and I promise you will be too." Felinious said to the rest of the teens.
"If you think that made him 'better' you're insane..." Felix said.
"Yeah, you guys are crazy... Either of you try to touch me I might have to bite you..." Warned Cyrus, flattening his ears a bit as a visual warning.
"There's that devil talking through you again, evil thing just never gives up." Felinious said.
"The only evil things are you! You are treating us like we're not animals... It's like a cult...." Felix said, getting quiet, he was apparently in shock when he realized it.
"A cult?" Cyrus asked. "Makes perfect sense though."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:59:07 16/02/2013 by torok
#41 Posted: 12:58:06 16/02/2013 | Topic Creator
"Hey, you are right..." Reginald said, getting out from his hiding place. "The robes... We can't be unique, they want us to be as one... The fact that we can't have contact with the outside... A method of control and isolation... The fact that they took Felix's locket... Also a control mechanism... This spells cult everywhere." Reginald said, analyzing the situation.
"No, no it doesn't, they just want to help us..." Jose said.
"And in doing so they created a cult! A way to control us! They already got to you..." Reginald said to Jose.
"I suggest you all calm yourselves. Stress isn't good." Felinious said.
"We demand you send us home! We don't want to be part of any cult." Felix said, standing up.
"You boys really should calm down... Before things get more stressful. We don't want to use drastic measures..." Theodore said.
Jose stood up. "Father? May I go to my room?"**
"But of course, go, you've already proven to be cooperative..." Theodore said.
Jose ran out of the room as quickly as he could.
"We're going home, you can't keep us here..." Cyrus said as he stood up and walked off.
Reginald and Felix walked after the wolf.
"Resistance is unacceptable. You will not resist God's will! Unless, of course, you wish to go to Hell..." Theodore said.
All three of them stopped in their tracks and turned around to look at the priests. The three teens became very fearful as each remembered their own memories of what they were told Hell was like.
One by one they slowly went back to their spots and sat down.
"Good." Theodore said.
"Some of you go and coax Hunter out of his room, he needs to be purified as well. He's in room 514." Felinious said to the priests.
Three of the priests went out of the room.
"Reginald, since you had trouble resisting your... Partner's advances... You're up next." Felinious said, looking at the hare.
Reginald got up, shaking in fear, he slowly walked up to the stage. He prayed silently that it'll be over quick. He got up on the stage and looked at the priests. "Be gentle... I bruise easily." He said.
It wasn't long before two priests got him on the floor, roughly pinning his arms. Reginald yelled in a bit of pain as the priests held his arms firmly.
"Stop! You're hurting him!" Felix said, standing up.
"It's the demons that are in pain! Not him. He'll be fine as soon as we get them out!" Felinious said.
Reginald closed his eyes, staying as still as he could despite his whole body shaking in fear. He tried to block out the sounds of all the priests yelling in his face for Satan to come out.
Reginald felt water being sprinkled on his face.
"May the mother of our God crush Satan's head! Help this boy, sweet mother Mary! Help this child who wants to be free!" Yelled a priest as he put a cross up to Reginald's face.
"Alright! This is out of hand!" Felix yelled as he marched up to the stage and shoved the priest away. The goat caught himself on a wall. "Get the fox! He's been possessed!" Yelled the goat priest.
The priests let go of Reginald and grabbed Felix, the fox fought back, struggling to get free. It took two priests plus Theodore to get Felix on the floor.
Felix yelled in anger trying to struggle to get them away.**
The priests started to try to perform an exorcism on him now.
Cyrus ran on stage and went to Reginald who was still on the floor. "Are you ok?"
Reginald opened his eyes and slowly sat up, slightly dazed. "I don't know..." He stood up with the wolf's help.
The wolf and hare watched what was going on with Felix. The fox was freaking out as the priests were dowsing him with holy water and shaking crosses at him.
Cyrus growled and started to walk toward the priests.
Reginald gripped the wolf by the scruff of the neck. "No, don't..."**
Cyrus looked at the hare and calmed down after a minute.
Reginald let go of him. "We can't keep fighting them... There's no point in putting up a physical struggle."
The priests let go of Felix after they finished.
The fox swung out at one and barely missed. He laid there for a moment to catch his breath.
"We're going to have to work with this one more." Said a priest.
"We're going to have to work with all of them more." Theodore said.
"Are you... Kidding...? There's more of this nonsense...?" Felix asked as he slowly sat up.
"No, we are not joking at all." Felinious said.
Suddenly two of the priests that went to go get Hunter entered into the room.**
Theodore and Felinious looked at them.**
"Where's Father Thomas?" Asked Felinious.
"Hunter hit him in the face, so we had to take him to be treated..." Said one of them.
"Oh my, not to worry, Hunter will come around soon enough." Felinious said.
"May we leave to go to our rooms?" Felix asked, he stood up.
"Go ahead, except for Cyrus, he stays." Theodore said.
Felix walked out of the room.
Reginald looked at Cyrus. "Be strong... Try not to maul anyone."**
"As long as they don't try to get mauled." Cyrus said.
Reginald went after Felix. He caught up to the fox. "That was the most insane thing I've ever been through..." Reginald said.
"You're telling me! Did they hurt you?" Asked Felix, concerned.
"They squeezed my arms a bit too tightly, but I should be fine." Reginald said.
"Same here... When do you reckon they'll feed us? I'm hungry." Felix asked.
"I don't know... Once they're done 'cleansing us' for the day..." Reginald said.
"This is crazy, Reg. We're part of a cult... Why couldn't I have gotten away last night when I had a chance? Why can't my folks understand?" Felix said.
"I don't know... But let's not focus on what's happen yesterday, let's just focus on what's happening now and how to deal with it." Reginald said.
Felix sighed. "Yeah, you're right."
They stopped as they heard an angry yell. They saw a door fly open and smack into the wall. Hunter went out of his room and walked down the hallway, huffing and puffing in rage.**
"What's happening?" Reginald asked as he and Felix got out of the way of the big cat but started following.
"I'll tell ya what's going on! The yahoos ransacked MY stuff and made off with MY picture that I kept of my boyfriend and me in MY wallet!" Hunter said.
"Say what? They went through your personal stuff?" Felix asked.
"Yeah! I'm gonna get it back! They crossed the ****ING line!" Hunter said.
"Hold on, let's just take a moment to relax... Do you really want to cause more trouble?" Reginald asked.
"Cause more trou-... They started it!" Hunter said.
"And you think that confronting them about it is gonna solve anything? Look, they probably did this to all of us, they took my locket away and all our phones, I'm sure we'll get them back at the end of the month..." Felix said.
"They have no right to go through my stuff!" Hunter said.
"I totally agree with you, Hunter. But please, you must control yourself." Reginald said.
The panther stopped walking and looked at them. "You sure I'll get everything back at the end of this month?"**
"Well, nothing is certain with these guys... You should see the ridiculous thing they did to me, Reg, Jose and right now probably Cyrus..." Felix said.
"What'd they do?" Asked Hunter.
"They preformed exorcisms on us..." Felix said.
"They held us down and sprinkled holy water on us and stuck crosses in our faces and yelled in our faces for the demons to come out." Reginald added.
"Man, they try that on me I'll snap all of 'em... They're twigs compared to me." Hunter replied.
"No, we don't want to physically fight them." Reginald said.
"If I can knock three two hundred pound football players running full speed at me onto their asses, then I can do the same to a few priests..." Hunter said, crossing his muscular arms.
"We know you can, but there's no use. We just have to be strong mentally and fight back that way, resisting whatever they throw at us. No more fighting physically, alright?" Reginald asked.
"I make no promises, little bunny. As long as they give me back my stuff by the end of the month they should be fine..." Hunter said, walking back to his room.
Reginald and Felix went to their rooms too. They all had a feeling this was gonna be a long month, but they had to endure it.
#42 Posted: 07:55:49 19/02/2013
I've actually been reading this story when I was offline. Honestly, I've been checking it every night when I go to bed, but I just can't be bothered to log in. D:
Really, I do check on this story every night, and I feel bad for not posting on it.

ANYWAY, this story has gotten really interesting now. I really like Hunter, mainly because he is a panther and I just love panthers, and Felix because he is really sweet to Reginald and he's a fox. <3
Great story, I am really enjoying it so far, keep it up! ^^
---
I draw stuff.
Cynder134 Gold Sparx Gems: 2044
#43 Posted: 11:19:37 19/02/2013
I love this story! It really touches the heart. I actually cried a little when Reginald was visiting his siblings in the hospital.
---
Why am I back
#44 Posted: 17:01:50 20/02/2013 | Topic Creator
I love to hear my story has touched you guys so much, I'll continue posting and working on it. I have lost heart for this story, but you guys are encouraging me to write more, thank you.
#45 Posted: 23:00:23 21/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Ch. 13,

Fasting and no rest for the wicked.

Reginald looks through his bag to see if anything was missing, his backpack was definitely handled by someone. He couldn't say he was very fond of that fact. He might have to speak to someone about that. He closed his backpack and put it under the bed, not that it'd make any difference where he put it, these priests were going to look through everything as if this was a prison... This kinda felt like one... No contact with the outside, no privacy, matching uniforms... What's next? Roll call? Drug searches?**
At least in prison you're able to have some contact with the outside, visitors and all.**
Speaking of prison, he wondered how his father was doing? Was he even sorry for what he did? Did he hate his children, and especially Reginald?
Wait, why was Reginald even concerned about that man? He was a horrible father and Reginald knew it...
The hare sat on the bed, his hands cupped in his lap, looking at the floor. He started to think of all that has happen today and what will happen in the future... The future... What will happen when he got out of here? Will he end up like Jose, timid and afraid of his own sexuality? Or will he be the same? He hoped for neither of those results, he hoped to come out of here stronger than he ever was, not inwardly terrified about the 'sin' of being gay, or outwardly terrified for that matter.
Easier said, or thought, than done... But he had to try.
Reginald was shaken from his thoughts when heard something outside his room, it sounded much like a dog or large animal shaking itself. The hare jumped off the bed and opened his door, looking out into the hallway. He saw Cyrus walking through the hallway.
"Cyrus, are you ok?" Reginald asked as he walked out of his room and up to the wolf.
"I think so... I've had it worse than you guys..." Cyrus said. His fur, mostly on his face, was damp. His fur was all messed up.
"What happen?" Reginald asked.
"They had to muzzle me... They tied my jaws shut so I wouldn't bite them... They treated me like I was an animal with rabies. Only rabid animals and feral prisoners get muzzled... Do I look rabid or like a prisoner?" Asked Cyrus.
"No, Cyrus. Not at all. But this place feels like a prison... And they are treating us like we're sick... I hate it... Why did I even come here?" Reginald asked.
"Did your family force you into it?" Asked Cyrus.
"No, my dad probably would have though. I gave Felinious my word that I'd come here after I said I wouldn't... Actually, I was battling with whether or not to come here at all... Was this God's will? Or is this God's punishment? It feels like the latter..." Reginald said.
"It'll be ok, little guy. We'll make it... As long as we stick together. Although, I'm not sure if we can trust Jose to stick with us, he seems to be more on the priest's side. He doesn't seem to want to be near us." Cyrus said.
"He seems to want to play this 'get well' game... I don't think he's faking it either or maybe he's just really scared." Reginald said.
"Oh, he's scared alright, I sense the fear in him all the time. But maybe he doesn't want to get 'well', maybe he wants to be himself, but he's just really scared... Then again, I can't read his thoughts, I can only sense his fear." Cyrus said.
Reginald nodded. "Pray to whatever god you worship, or hope for the best. I fear the worst in this place, like I said, it's like a prison..."**
"What would you expect from a cult?... Anyway, I'm going to go lay down for a nap... I've had a very bad day..." Said Cyrus as he walked into his room, shutting the door with his hind leg.
Reginald walked back into his own room, closing the door. He looked around the room, not much to do except reflect on his own thoughts, read the large Bible that was on the dresser, or watch TV, that is if he found out how this odd looking TV worked.
He decided he'd examine it, maybe search around for a remote...
He went over to the TV and looked at it, no sign of any buttons. He looked on the sides, nothing. Behind the TV, nothing. What kind of TV was this?
He looked in the available drawers in the dresser for a remote. All he found was that someone had searched through his underwear, he did not keep his clothes that messy. He was really going to have to talk to someone about these searches... This is inappropriate and downright creepy... What had he gotten himself into?
After taking five minutes to refold his clothes and put them back in the drawer, he shut the drawer. He picked up the large Bible. The thing was heavy. He walked over to the bed, laid down on his back... Well, this bed wasn't comfortable in the least bit... He opened the Bible and started to read, he figured he'd start from Genesis. He'd be here a whole month, he wanted to see how far through the Bible he'd get in that amount of time.
An hour later he'd gotten through half of Genesis, a reasonable amount of reading.
He closed the book when he heard Father Felinious outside the room, calling everyone to come out
#46 Posted: 23:15:57 21/02/2013 | Topic Creator
Reginald folded a corner on the page he was on, closed the Bible and put it on the bed. He got up from the bed, stretching slightly. He felt a bit of soreness in his back, probably from the bed or from the fact that he got knocked to the ground by some insane priests earlier...**
He opened the door and walked out into the hallway, joining his fellow campers to pay attention to the black cat that was standing before them.
"I hope you all have had time to reflect on why you're here and I hope you, well most of you, feel closer to God after we expelled some demons from your system." Felinious said.
"The only thing I feel is the gaping hole in the pit of my stomach! Where's the food!?" Asked Hunter.
"A way to get closer to God is by fasting. Since you wandered off before we had a chance to cleanse you, you need to fast most of all..." Felinious said to Hunter.
"What!? Fast?! You gotta be joking! I'm a quarterback! I gotta have carbs!" Hunter protested.
"Football season hasn't come yet, and don't worry, you'll get food soon." Felinious said.
"When exactly?! We're starving!" Felix said.
"All I had today was the horrid burnt toast my boyfriend made for me but I ate it anyway!" Reginald added, perking his ears up in anger.**
"Look at you guys! Whining over a few hours without food! Jesus survived for forty days without food." Jose said.
"Jesus was God!" Cyrus said.
"And also a mortal!" Jose said.
"My argument still stands." Cyrus said.
"So?" Jose asked.
"Boys, please calm yourselves! I promise this is a way to make you clean. Fasting is an excellent way to get rid of demons, when you deny your flesh you feed the spirit." Felinious said.
"This is ridiculous, cat. I want to feed my flesh... My stomach specifically! I'm gonna find food!" Hunter said as he marched down the hall.
"I wish you good luck with that, Mr. Hunter, there is a guard guarding the kitchen and I've told him not to let campers in." Felinious said.
Hunter came back and went into his room. "Go to Hell, Felinious!" He said as he slammed the door.
There was a slight moment of silence. "I'm sure he didn't mean it... Anyway, all of you go to your rooms and begin feeding your spirit. The food you need should be in your room..." Felinious said.
Everyone went to their rooms angry and shut their doors, except for Jose, who went to his room quite content.
Reginald laid back down on the bed and hoped that the hunger gnawing at him would dissipate as he focused on something other than hunger. He opened the Bible and continued reading.
It was a few hours later when Reginald woke up, he had fallen asleep after a few hours, he had the Bible open and it was sitting on his chest. He took the Bible off his chest and closed it. He took out his contacts and placed them in the container that was sitting on the small nightstand near the bed. Reginald yawned and laid on his side, laying his head on the pillow and closing his eyes. He tried to ignore the painful hunger that gripped his stomach. "Shut up!" He whispered loudly to his growling stomach. He hoped this unwanted fast will end soon, he felt like he was dying. Of course he was over exaggerating, but still...
Derex was probably enjoying a nice home cooked meal that his mother made... Beatrice cooks some dang good food. Reginald wondered why Derex wasn't that good of a cook, maybe he hasn't really learned from his mother. Ok, this thought about food had to stop! Reginald's stomach was in pain just by his thoughts about food...
He wanted to get some sleep, in sleep you're not in pain. He was about to drift into a semi peaceful sleep when the silence was shattered by a noise and a light that came on. The hare's eyes flickered open, the TV had turned itself on. Reginald sat up and looked at the TV, there was black writing on the screen. Reginald put his contacts on then looked at the screen.**
It read: "Leviticus 18:22 Thou shall not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."
Reginald fell back on the bed. "You gotta be kidding me..." He said.
Reginald got startled when the TV started repeating the verse in a loud volume. It was the voice of a man that was speaking.
Reginald covered his head with his pillow, trying to drown out the noise. The noise was muffled but he still heard it loud and clear.
Throughout the night the TV wouldn't stop, it was constantly speaking that verse. Reginald knew this was a brainwashing technique... Dear God, they were trying to brainwash him... As if he didn't already know that verse by heart... This was torture! He couldn't get a wink of sleep all night, he swore he heard some of his fellow campers yelling at the top of their lungs for the TV in their own room to stop, he even heard some slamming sounds, like someone was trying to silence their TV for good... Eventually everyone stopped yelling, the slamming stopped, but the TV was still announcing its' accursed declaration of gays being abominations. What were they trying to do...? What were these priests trying to do, make them all lose their minds? It was sort of working if that was the case...**
After ten agonizing hours of the TV deeming gays were abominations, it suddenly went silent. The TV turned off... The silence was an eerie bliss. Something shattered the silence. "Ah! Thank God!" Someone shouted, it sounded like Hunter.
Reginald closed his weary eyes, he just hoped for a few moments of sleep, he didn't even bother to take his contacts off.**
His eyes snapped open when he heard a voice he didn't want to hear...
"Everybody, come out of your rooms." Said Felinious' voice from the hallway.
Reginald took the pillow off his head, sat up a bit and slammed the pillow on the bed before getting off the bed and walking out of the room. He rubbed his eyes and stared at the cat and dog priests.
Soon Felix, Cyrus, Jose and Hunter came out of their rooms, looking as exhausted as Reginald was.
"We assume you all heard and saw last night's program." Theodore said.
"You mean that ****ING TV!?! Yeah, we all heard it! What are you trying to do!? I hardly got ANY sleep last night!" Hunter yelled.
"Yeah! What was that for? If you're trying to piss us off, it worked!" Felix yelled.
"And what's with the door locking? I know I'm a feral animal, but I know how to open a door. I know that door was locked!" Cyrus said.
"Now, now, let's not lose our tempers... The program was for overnight educational purposes, and the door locking was because no one needs to wander the halls at night... Or, God forbid, wander into another camper's room where... Well, you get the idea..." Theodore said.
"I wasn't trying to open the door so I can go sleep with someone, I was trying to get out of my room so I can sleep in the hallway... I bet it's quieter than it was in my room... Do you have ANY freaking idea how sensitive a feral wolf's hearing is!?" Cyrus said.
"We'll make sure to lower the volume of your TV." Said Felinious.
"How about get rid of the TV?" Reginald asked.
"Yeah!" Everyone except Jose yelled out.
"The TV is part of your lessons on how to get clean. Please, all of you calm down." Said Felinious.
"That TV told us we were abominations!" Said Felix, flattening his ears in anger.
"We are... If we don't get rid of our homosexuality, abominations we will stay." Jose said.
"Shut up! I'm hungry, I'm tired and ****ING pissed off! I don't need to hear you kissing up to the cat!" Hunter said to Jose.
Jose started to back up into his room.
"I promise all of you will get used to this, this is all part of your cleansing. Now, let's go, we've got work to do..." Said Theodore.
"We're not going anywhere until you feed us! This is child cruelty!" Hunter said.
"You mean child abuse?" Reginald corrected.
"I know what I said!" Hunter snapped at him.
Reginald lowered his ears a bit and backed up a couple steps.
"You'll all get food if you cooperate. Now let's go." Felinious commanded as he and Theodore walked down the hall.
Everyone followed after the cat and dog in a foul mood, except for Jose who was quite neutral.
What other torments did they have in store?
#47 Posted: 02:29:50 23/02/2013
Oh wow........ This camp is getting bad.
I'm interested to read more. :3
---
I draw stuff.
#48 Posted: 04:58:36 23/02/2013
Sorry for not posting, but as Bolt said, it is getting worse? Will we get a plot twist with Derek soon?
---
#49 Posted: 06:22:30 23/02/2013 | Topic Creator
You'll have to wait and see.

Ch. 14,

A sheep among wolves.

One by one all teens were 'treated' for their 'sin' by way of exorcism. Most of them didn't fight back, except for Hunter who put on a Hell of a struggle. It took five priests to hold him down during the exorcism. He cursed like a sailor when they started to dowse him with holy water, as well as through the whole thing. They let go of him and immediately stepped back, they were a bit cautious of him.
The panther stood up, breathing heavily as he had exhausted himself with the struggle. The panther walked off stage, but not without shoving a priest toward a wall. The priest hit the wall with his back, he stood there for a moment rubbing his chest where Hunter had pushed him.
"Father Matthew, are you alright?" Asked Theodore.
"Yes... I should be. The boy's got some strength..." Said the dingo.
"Do you feel the need to go to the nurse?" Asked Felinious.
"No, I don't want to trouble him... He already had his fair share of medical work with Thomas yesterday... Poor cat had a broken nose..." Said Matthew.
"Yeah, I gave him that broken nose! Fool tried to put his hands on me! And your nurse is a guy?" Asked Hunter.
"Yes." Answered Felinious.
"Maybe we shouldn't keep that one around... He seems dangerous..." Whispered Matthew to Theodore.
"Now, they all deserve a second chance... As well as third and maybe fourth chances... The panther's got issues other than his sexual preferences, me and Felinious are working on ways to address those as well..." Theodore said.
"We're done for the day with the cleansing, gentlemen. You may go." Felinious said to the priests.
The priests all exited the room.
Felinious looked up at Theodore. "Get the hosts." He told the Rottweiler.
Theodore nods and walks out of the room through a different exit.
Felinious looks at the teens. "You are all on your way to being cleansed... Especially you, Hunter, I am proud of your accomplishment and your willingness to cooperate." Felinious said.
"I just came and endured that **** because you promised food." Hunter replied, he had his arms crossed.
"Yes, well food you shall get. Spiritual food as well as physical." Felinious said.
Theodore came back in the room with a gold colored plate, the plate was full of wafers.
"Wait... Is that it?" Hunter asked, pointing at the plate.
"Well, yes. It's mostly to feed the spirit." Felinious said.
"You GOTTA BE KIDDING!" Felix screamed, standing up.
"That is the cruelest thing you can ever do, Felinious! Promising food and then ****ing us over like that!?" Reginald said, standing as well and perking his ears up in anger.
"Wow, Reginald... I never figured you for a foul mouth..." Theodore said.
"I normally am not, but damn it, I'm hungry!" Said Reginald.
"You have no right to not feed us!" Cyrus said, standing up too.
"Alright now, guys, we're all tired and hungry. But let's power through that to get clean of our sin. We're strong enough." Jose said.
"No!" The rest of the campers screamed as they left the room. One by one they went back to their rooms and slammed the doors.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:12:38 24/02/2013 by torok
#50 Posted: 00:15:12 24/02/2013 | Topic Creator
As soon as Reginald got to his room and closed the door he noticed something on his bed besides the Bible. He praised God as he ran over to his bed and gazed upon the five blueberry muffins that sat upon his bed. There was also a note that was near the muffins. He grabbed the note and read it.**
"Dear Reginald, I brought you this gift. I know this place feels like Hell, but I promise there is a sheep among wolves. While we cannot meet right now, know that I am looking out for everyone of these poor kids that are trapped here and being forced to be different from who they are... I may look like an enemy, but I am a friend... Pay attention to the audio on your TV tonight... P.S. Discard this note after you read it and hide the rest of these muffins if you don't eat them all..."**
Reginald began to eat a muffin as he pondered what happen. Someone had given him food, someone in this God forsaken place is actually on his side... But who? And why?

As Cyrus closed his door, he smelled something delicious... He looked around and saw some blueberry muffins on his bed. He ran up to his bed and jumped on it like an excited puppy. He started scarfing down a muffin. After he ate two of the five muffins he stopped and noticed a note on his bed.
He read the note.
"Dear Cyrus, these muffins are a gift from me. I know this might be a frightful place, every adult seems to be your enemy. But know this, there is a sheep among wolves. I wish to help all the teens that are trapped here. We cannot meet yet, but you will hear again from me... Discard this note after you read it. Pay attention to the message on the TV tonight... P.S. Hide the muffins that you don't eat."
Cyrus laid on the bed as he ate another muffin. He wondered what blessed soul would give him this glorious food...

Hunter slammed his door in rage, but then, as he saw a sight that cooled his burning anger. Five muffins sitting on his bed, among them was the picture of him and his dear deer that was stolen from him. He went to his bed and picked up the picture, holding it close to his heart. He picked up a muffin and ate it in a few bites. He was about to pick up another muffin when he saw a note on the bed. He picked up the note and read it.
"Dear Hunter, I have brought you two gifts. I wouldn't want to get a picture of me and the one I love taken from me either, hide that in a safe place. I have seen evidence of your temper. I understand why you're like this, I don't want to be told that who I love is wrong either. But, please control yourself. There is a sheep among wolves. There is someone on your team, so to speak. Discard this note after you read it, hide the extra muffins and control your anger. We'll meet soon enough. Pay attention to the message on the TV tonight, don't worry, I'll make sure a different message plays on it this time."
Hunter ate the rest of the muffins as he was reading the note and after he read the note. For the first time in two, long days, he was happy to have someone who cared.

Felix shut his door, he was enraged by all those damn priests that didn't understand anything. He walked over to his bed, but stopped as he saw what was on it, five muffins and among them was something silver... Could it be...? The fox stepped closer to the bed and saw that it was indeed the locket that was taken from him. He smiled with great joy and grabbed his locket, closing his eyes as he held the heart shaped locket next to his own heart. He put the locket around his neck and was about to grab a muffin when he saw a note on the bed. He picked the note up and read it.
"Dear Felix, I have brought you something that belongs to you, keep it safe. Enjoy this gift of muffins as well. Save some muffins, for I don't know when I'll be able to bring more food. I know this place must be horrible for you, but stay strong. There is a sheep among wolves. We cannot meet right now, but soon enough. Be strong, never lose sight of who you really love. P.S. Discard this note after you read it. Pay attention to the message on the TV tonight."
Felix grabbed a muffin and started eating it gratefully. He wondered who this great animal was that gave him back his locket, not to mention this glorious food...

Jose went to his room half an hour after everyone else. He closed his door and saw something on his bed, a horrid temptation... The muffin... Again? He walked over to the bed and saw a note, **the unknown 'sheep among wolves' was at it again, trying to mess up the cleansing process the priests were trying to do...**
Jose grabbed the note and read it.
"Dear Jose, you have come back again, I see. I have given you a muffin, I figured you might want to break this crash diet, oh I'm sorry, this 'fast' that Felinious has you and all the campers on.
You were never keen on meeting with me in the past. I hope this time you'll change your mind. Can't you see that these priests are trying to change you, and doing it in the worst possible way? Sleep depravation, nearly starving you, exorcisms and brainwashing are all horrid things. I hope you'll think of me as a friend this time. I know deep down you really don't want to change, I know you want to be yourself but you're just scared. I am a sheep among wolves. You know that. Even if you don't eat the muffin, it doesn't matter. I will keep bringing you food, I can't let them try and starve you. Try to open up more, and hopefully we shall meet soon enough... P.S. Pay attention to the message on the TV tonight, as if you have a choice... Sorry about that, I'll make sure you get a good night's sleep tonight. Even if you don't listen to my message, you'll get rest tonight."
Jose crumpled up the note, grabbed the muffin and brought them to his trash can in the bathroom and threw the note out.**
He held the muffin above the trash can, his hand shaking, fighting with the decision of whether to keep the fast that'll help make him better or whether he should break his fast and stop the painful hunger in his stomach.
"Dear God forgive me!" He yelled out as he began to eat the muffin quickly. After he ate the muffin in two minutes he began to weep bitterly. "I'm weak... I am a weakling giving into the desires of my flesh... First it's the desire for food, next thing I know I'll give in to the desire to sleep with someone... The spirit is willing, but flesh is... Weak... I'm not making it any better..." Jose told himself.
Why did this have to torment him so? He had to fight, most likely a different fight than his fellow campers were engaged in, but he had to fight! He already failed to keep the fast... He hoped he won't fail to keep his purity next...
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me