Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Doing KickStarter for the movie...
Page 1 of 1
Doing KickStarter for the movie... [CLOSED]
TheReptileGirl Yellow Sparx Gems: 1197
#1 Posted: 05:43:07 10/12/2012 | Topic Creator
(for those of you who do not know what kicks starter is, it is a donations thing, but if you donate money to those fundraisers you can get something in return, such as for the lower donations, you get in special thanks or be marked as a supporter, or such as the higher ones you might be sponser or get really cool stuff. Like and official copy or movie poster or get the chance to discuss or something)
Hey, I thought that I should bring this up again. If we want to get this movie done, we are going to be needing more people for this. So, what I was thinking, we need more concept artists, music artists, 3d modelers and perhaps better modeling software and such. SO, here is what I think in the end it will cost: $5000-8000. Don't worry, the movie will still be for free to watch, but it would be ever so grateful for donations. You WILL get stuff in return. Here is what I think:
Donate $10= Donator in Credits
Donate $20= Special Thanks in credits
Donate $50= Official Poster and Supporter in credits
Donate $100=Official Poster, T-Shirt, supporter in credits
Donate $150= Official Poster, T-Shirt, Hat, supporter in credits
Donate $250= Official Poster, T-Shirt, Hat, Wristband, supporter
Donate $500= Official Poster, T-Shirt, Hat, Wristband, Hoodie, supporter
Donate $1000=Official Poster, T-Shirt, Hat, Wristband, Hoodie, never before seen art, sponsor
Donate $4000= Official Poster, T-Shirt, Hat, Wristband, Hoodie, never before seen art, official signed disk, first look at the movie, sponsor
Donate $5000= Official Poster, T-Shirt, Hat, Wristband, Hoodie, never before seen art, official signed disk, first look at the movie, guest star voice actor, sponsor
Donate $8000= Official Poster, T-Shirt, Hat, Wristband, Hoodie, never before seen art, official signed disk, first look at the movie, guest star voice actor, first person in the world to watch the movie, talk with the director and crew over Skype, Big Sponsor

This is NOT official, this is just the main idea, any ages or votes or anything else please comment below. Spyro fans, I need you help too, but don't go stupid on it. Tell us if it's reasonable enough or if it needs more! P.S, if there is any money left, it will be used for the next movie or donate it to The Cancer Research Societe.
---
It's a no from me.
Skijarama Yellow Sparx Gems: 1500
#2 Posted: 13:52:48 10/12/2012
While i do think that donations would help, there is not a whole lot we can do. Donations will give activision the wrong idea. I understand that we need a bigger team, but we're gonna have to do that without donations. and besides, we've got blender. Also, im not sure, but im thinking that kickstarter doesn't allow previously copyrighted material. It would also get activision on us a LOT more quickly then we want. I don't mean to tear this idea down so fast, but its just a no-go zone.
SkyWanderer Blue Sparx Gems: 597
#3 Posted: 19:44:25 10/12/2012
kickstarter is definately a no-no. activision will react badly if we do so.
---
http://omicronwanderer.deviantart.com
I am an Enviornmental modeler for projectFrixion : http://projectfrixion.deviantart.com
Sleepy0429 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#4 Posted: 01:05:16 31/12/2012
For 20 and over havea spyro plush classic or skylander
---
dark52 let me change my username you coward
Skijarama Yellow Sparx Gems: 1500
#5 Posted: 01:48:53 31/12/2012
Quote: Sleepy0429
For 20 and over havea spyro plush classic or skylander

Well, we arent doing the kickstarter anyway, so... yeah, not possible. smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me