Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Cynder's color? [CLOSED]
Archae Emerald Sparx Gems: 4192
#1 Posted: 19:28:06 09/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Notice how Cynder's color has changed from game to game?

In "A New Beginning," she was black. And evil.

In "The Eternal Night," she was very dark grey, and bothered by what she had done.

In "Dawn Of The Dragon," she became dark purple, and was a good ally for Spyro.

In "Skylanders," she's mostly good, and dark purple.
---
Gunter glieben glauten globen...
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 19:31:50 09/12/2012
Cynder is a black dragon in character, and in story in the LoS trilogy, but they basically screwed up her scale color in Dawn of the Dragon when Estranges Libellules took over designing the characters and game. Even in Dawn of the Dragon, when she looks purple and an ally to Spyro, the characters still say she's a black dragon. Her changing scale color doesn't symbolize her alignment from bad to good, it was the bad lighting of Dawn of the Dragon that made Cynder look purple, when she's still a black dragon in the story.

In Skylanders, the developers basically just got Skylander Cynder's purple color from Spyro's recent game, which is Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon.

There has been a lot of debates on Cynder's color posted on here in the past.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 19:53:03 09/12/2012 by Aura24
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#3 Posted: 21:10:46 09/12/2012
I blame the lighting in DotD. Everything was so migraine-inducingly bright and shiny in that game it messed with the color pallet. I could swear Spyro was actually dark blue at some points. <.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Almaron Green Sparx Gems: 135
#4 Posted: 21:32:13 01/01/2013
Quote:
In Skylanders, the developers basically just got Skylander Cynder's purple color from Spyro's recent game, which is Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon.

Well, that could sort of make sense; if Skylanders is thought of as taking place many, many generations after LOS - which is supported by the fact that Skyro is said to be descended from a long line of purple dragons - Skylanders Cynder could be thought of as a descendant of the original Spyro and Cynder, which would justify her being a more purply colour.

Course, for that to work, she and Skyro would have to be descended from different branches of the family, otherwise pairing the two could get a bit...problematic.
#5 Posted: 21:42:27 01/01/2013
It would create plotholes too.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
dragonsoul13 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1047
#6 Posted: 22:13:05 01/01/2013
I like black Cynder better then mainy because I like dark characters, the first time I even saw Cynder I was all like "that is one epic dragoness!"

I have a few dark-complected characters myself in my dragon's series The Legend of Darkfang, one character who is inspired by Cynder in my stories is a dark green dragoness by the name of Ranth. However Ranth does not turn into a super dragon and try to awaken a great evil or something like that. She's a theif that just got caught up in the wrong crowd.

My point is this: Dark-complected characters are plot turners, they are what drives the main character forward in facing the current threat. To Spyro it was Gaul and Malefor and Cynder was the Dark Master's victim. And we all know Spyro's not to kind when it comes to things like say destroying the world!

As for the whole descendeds thing Almaron brought up, I don't agree because in the book Skylanders: The Mechine of Doom Spyro point's out that he had been helping people in Avalar before Eon had come to him asking for help. It also says in Cynder's backstory for Skylanders that she had been Malefor's slave and that Spyro had freed her. I don't think having two Cynders being controlled by the same guy makes sence.
#7 Posted: 22:28:37 01/01/2013
Except in Skylanders, Malefor isn't the same character as his LoS counterpart.
---
#8 Posted: 23:17:56 01/01/2013
Skylanders is some alternate timeline that runs parallel to the Legendverse... which if you think about it, makes more sense because otherwise there's no reason why the other Skylanders couldn't stop Malefor from trying to destroy the planet. <.<;
---
Jackson117 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3875
#9 Posted: 00:46:52 02/01/2013
Not to mention Malefor in Skylands doesn't seem like a big threat as Hex kicked his ass
Almaron Green Sparx Gems: 135
#10 Posted: 03:14:31 02/01/2013
There's an Avalar in Skylanders? Hmm...well, it could suggest that the Skylands are the Dragon Realms after many many years, but it could also be a new area on a different planet named for the original location; a "New Avalar" colony founded by the original settlers from the Dragon Realms if you will.

On the other hand, what's to say that it's not the original Avalar, and Spyro travelled back there from the Skylands at some point in time?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:15:51 02/01/2013 by Almaron
#11 Posted: 06:16:33 02/01/2013
The Summer Forest area was mentioned in the novel, Skylanders: The Machine of Doom, where Master Eon found Spyro to recruit him to become a Skylander.

Summer Forest is not in Skylands, but in a world where Spyro originated from.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:48:35 02/01/2013 by Aura24
crystalhero37 Platinum Sparx Gems: 5448
#12 Posted: 07:11:38 02/01/2013
To me Skylander Cynder's colour looks nothing like Dotd Cynder's, I just think the skylander team just chose that colour, maybe to appeal to girls or as a funny shout out to the 'cynder became purple' rumour.

I still don't see Cynder as purple in Dotd much, just black with shiny scales that are purple. Didn't see it untill I read it on here two years ago.
dragonsoul13 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1047
#13 Posted: 00:12:07 04/01/2013
Yeah well, I have always liked Classic Spyro over everything else reguardless so I'm just going to say this: Following the lore of the Legends series the dragons love there individuality and since Skylanders is built on a mix of Classic and Legends lore then it's safe to say Spyro is Spyro and Cynder is Cynder. By the way, Summer Forest is the first world in Spyro 2 which takes place in AVALAR! Hate to argue with people but I'm only going by the games I have played.
#14 Posted: 00:34:43 04/01/2013
Quote: crystalhero37
To me Skylander Cynder's colour looks nothing like Dotd Cynder's, I just think the skylander team just chose that colour, maybe to appeal to girls or as a funny shout out to the 'cynder became purple' rumour.

I still don't see Cynder as purple in Dotd much, just black with shiny scales that are purple. Didn't see it untill I read it on here two years ago.

Yeah... the lighting in DotD many everything twinkle and sparkle. I even remarked that I thought Spyro seemed light blue at times on the PS3 version. <.<;
---
cynder fan47 Green Sparx Gems: 272
#15 Posted: 14:51:29 06/01/2013
i think cynder is black.
---
cynder rules!
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6147
#16 Posted: 08:26:29 07/01/2013
Cynder should be black, but they all messed it up.
Ever notice how she was only ever black during the cut-scenes of ANB and TEN?
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me