Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Mobile > Skylanders: Battlegrounds > Platinum Chest in Giants? Other Magic Items in iOS??
Page 1 of 1
Platinum Chest in Giants? Other Magic Items in iOS?? [CLOSED]
Graz73 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3215
#1 Posted: 15:44:03 26/11/2012 | Topic Creator
OK, so I bought the app, but not the iOS portal yet...

SO:

What does the Platinum Chest do in the console version of Giants?

What happens if you try to use other magic items in Battlegrounds? (Ghost Swords, Sidekicks, Volcanic Vault, Etc)
They are not in the game's menu to buy with gems, but I'd think SOMETHING would happen...
---
For Trade: EyeSmall, Punch Pop Fizz, Lava Barf Eruptor(black): PM to deal!
DarthW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1951
#2 Posted: 16:55:35 26/11/2012
I'd like to know more about this as well. I am new to Skylanders (have had Giants for about a week) and only have SG figures, but I bought the Battlegrounds app from the app store and I'm wondering if I bought the iOS starter kit, if its treasure chest would be of any use in SG or not. Otherwise I don't think it's worth it to me just for the bluetooth portal, because we aren't normally going to pack the portal around with us to the places we would play Battlegrounds at.

I wonder the same thing about the other magic items that aren't marketed for Giants, too. Like the ones from Spro's Adventures, are they useless in SG or are they still helpful there.

I really wish they sold things more individually (i.e. JUST the bluetooth portal by itself or just the disc for Spyro's Adventures so we can make more use of the figures we have without buying more redundant hardware that we don't need)
bionicle2809 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8438
#3 Posted: 18:38:40 26/11/2012
I don't know yet, but I have a feeling it'll probably just act like the treasure chest from Pirate Seas - maybe you'll get a larger bonus loot than the regular one? Or maybe it'll be exactly the same, but because it's a different item it's like you can use the same item twice in 1 level? Maybe it gives a loot bonus like it does in the iOS version?

Those are the things I can think it might do.
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#4 Posted: 18:46:20 26/11/2012
Been confirmed by several users Platinum Chest is just regular in Giants and doesn't even show up "Special". Bummer.
DarthW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1951
#5 Posted: 18:54:19 26/11/2012
Quote: Nibelilt
Been confirmed by several users Platinum Chest is just regular in Giants and doesn't even show up "Special". Bummer.

I wish I knew what that was. lol Maybe I'm just not far enough into the game to have found one.

Does that mean that when you put the plat chest on the portal in giants it makes a chest appear with treasure in it or something?
#6 Posted: 18:58:08 26/11/2012
It works exactly the same as the Dragon Treasure from the Pirate Seas Pack outside of Battlegrounds.
#7 Posted: 19:05:45 26/11/2012 | Topic Creator
What about trying other magic items IN battlegrounds?
---
#8 Posted: 19:12:19 26/11/2012
smilie I don't have my Bluetooth Portal yet.
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#9 Posted: 19:22:55 26/11/2012
Keep forgetting to check but I imagine the other items don't do anything.
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
#10 Posted: 19:34:38 26/11/2012 | Topic Creator
I was speculating that the Anvil Rain might give you a few anvils or the ghost swords would give you a few of those sword upgrades or something.
---
lushipur Blue Sparx Gems: 950
#11 Posted: 19:35:05 26/11/2012
Platinum chest is a normal hidden treasure on giants and, no, u cant place both in the same run. So just useless to have both.

No magic item from ssa or giants works on battleground.

Thats too bad smilie
#12 Posted: 21:13:07 26/11/2012 | Topic Creator
wow, dissapointing
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me