Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Skylanders: Old & New (Animated Movie)
First | Page 2 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Skylanders: Old & New (Animated Movie) [CLOSED]
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#51 Posted: 07:33:20 26/11/2012
We're already at page 2. smilie
I PMed to myself the script so far. I will start working on the next part soon, hopefully we don't do parts over each other.
Kurui Ripto Gems: 191
#52 Posted: 07:34:40 26/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Then do so like this, to give each other breaks, alternate, when they get done writing a part and post it, you continue until you tire out, then swap like that. That way there's no problem in continuity.
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#53 Posted: 07:40:28 26/11/2012
I nominate Bean Sprout to do the next part. I'll probably be too busy today.
skyoutube Green Sparx Gems: 497
#54 Posted: 07:42:50 26/11/2012
Because you guys need to know this......

The machine Oguh was building was the Core of Light. The eight objects were the eternal sources. Oguh is Hugo spelled backwards. Orville is a Mabu, and an obvious reference to Advisor Orville from the Lost Islands game. Lost Isle is the Ruins, but they haven't figured that out yet.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:43:05 26/11/2012 by skyoutube
#55 Posted: 07:43:56 26/11/2012 | Topic Creator
So hopefully Bean Sprout gets on to check this now. In the meanwhile, any ideas to make the outline more coherent and not some string of blah is appreciated lol

Because the more organized this is, the easier it will be to write it all~

EDITO: I caught the Hugo backwards thing heh.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:44:33 26/11/2012 by Kurui
#56 Posted: 07:49:51 26/11/2012
Well, I think the bad guys should be trying to resurrect Oguh (Hugo's ancestor) and make him bad. To do this, they need to take away all of the Eternal Sources so that the original wooden structure is exposed. I came up with the idea for Oguh because of this conversation between Cali and Hugo in S:SA.

CALI: Wait a second...... I thought you said YOU built the Core of Light.

HUGO: Well, yea and no. Yes, I said that I did.....but no, I really didn't.

That's a direct quote.
#57 Posted: 09:03:44 26/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Clever creative you there. Guess that taking over skylands books has all kinds of secrets for baddies to use smilie.

Got the guy working out a piano base piece for some theme. Probably will be a recurring theme throughout the movie. I just thought it needed one to define it at least.
EMPEROR KAOS Ripto Gems: 67
#58 Posted: 18:09:13 26/11/2012
HEY. I thought I was making the music!!!!
LegendaryFlames Emerald Sparx Gems: 3791
#59 Posted: 18:14:35 26/11/2012
I can acctully do animating look:

---
smilie@Jetbytes everywhere elsesmilie
#60 Posted: 18:29:40 26/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: EMPEROR KAOS
HEY. I thought I was making the music!!!!

You are. It's going to be a collaborative piece.

Quote: LegendaryFlames
I can acctully do animating look:

Stay put here on the forums until we have a script and dialogue. I'm going to need animators here in a few months when everything is ready to be put into action~
#61 Posted: 21:29:07 26/11/2012
I'll write more later. I can't wait to see this happen!

When the two gangs of bad guys try to get the Eternal Sources, It should be Kaos and Glumshanks vs. Hektore and Frightbeard. And then, the Adventure Pack bosses Vathek and Occulous know something that the other groups don't, and something happens!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:29:24 26/11/2012 by skyoutube
#62 Posted: 21:35:07 26/11/2012 | Topic Creator
It will happen :3 lol

And that set up sounds pretty good for the villains. YAY Glumshanks-san. I can't wait to animate him. (andspendhalfthetimejustdrooling).

Speaking of the animation part, I'm going to separate it by tasks and scenes when the script is ready so it's not too much at once to swallow. And hopefully some other artists will see this and join because it's going to take more than the 4-5 people already listed. I'm best at doing the original sketches frame by frame, but can also do Linework and colouring too if I need to.

Mr. Dark is a fantastic environment artist so we have no problems there:
[User Posted Image]
Yes, eye candy. lol That's what our environments will look like~ yay

But we'll probably need to pick up at least another envrionment artist and one more animator before that phase can begin.
#63 Posted: 21:38:20 26/11/2012
Okay...... maybe I should post descriptions of what all of the areas are like.

Lost Isle is simply the Ruins, but which only trees and plant life and a few areas without trees. The center of the island has NO trees and is where Oguh will build the Core of Light.
#64 Posted: 21:40:41 26/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Yes, we'll need descriptive shots for the scenes so the environment people can do their best job at drawing them. smilie
#65 Posted: 22:23:36 26/11/2012
Oaky... I'll do that when I have more scenes finished.

Also, whenever I send a new PDF over, delete the one that came right before it, because it'll be everything written up to that moment.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:34:15 26/11/2012 by skyoutube
#66 Posted: 22:47:44 26/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: skyoutube

Also, whenever I send a new PDF over, delete the one that came right before it, because it'll be everything written up to that moment.

Figured that. Will do. Will you be adding Nibelilt's and Bean's parts int here too as they come along or?
#67 Posted: 01:46:30 27/11/2012
Quote: Kurui

Figured that. Will do. Will you be adding Nibelilt's and Bean's parts int here too as they come along or?

Yeah. When I see Nibelilt and Bean Sprout's parts I will add them in and it'll look all complete and neat in the end.

Also, I'm writing out a title sequence. It includes some credits. Is there a special name for this project (e.g. Project Frixion)?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:59:43 27/11/2012 by skyoutube
#68 Posted: 02:05:48 27/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Not sure. owo I didn't know it needed a project name. I just named the movie itself. Unless you mean like a team name? Then I don't even know.
#69 Posted: 02:07:39 27/11/2012
Not sure. owo I didn't know it needed a project name. I just named the movie itself. Unless you mean like a team name? Then I don't even know.

Well, we need to credit the group as a whole during a title sequence. We could do a vote. Also, we could do a very clever name.

Team COL is an example.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:13:17 27/11/2012 by skyoutube
#70 Posted: 02:09:40 27/11/2012 | Topic Creator

Well, we need to credit the group as a whole during a title sequence. We could do a vote. Also, we could do a very clever name.

Team COL?

I'm terrible at coming up with Team Names. >.>;; COL = whut? Core of Light? *best guess* Though that'd be hypocrisy since I'm actually against the Skylanders heh~.
#71 Posted: 02:12:50 27/11/2012

Team COL?

I'm terrible at coming up with Team Names. >.>;; COL = whut? Core of Light? *best guess* Though that'd be hypocrisy since I'm actually against the Skylanders heh~.

You are absolutely correct! COL for Core of Light! It relates to a major factor in the plot and hints towards what Oguh was building in the cold opening.
#72 Posted: 02:13:27 27/11/2012
This is what the title sequence would probably look like:

The screen is black. Epic music begins to play. The following credits are shown:
-----------------------------
"PROJECT/TEAM [insert name] PRESENTS"

"A DARKSPYRO FANDOM PRODUCTION"

The Skylanders logo shows up on the screen. After a few seconds, it disappears.

The Old and New logo appears on the screen. After a few seconds, it disappears.

The last credit shows:

"DIRECTED BY [insert name]"
-----------------------------
Vincentkoopa Yellow Sparx Gems: 1997
#73 Posted: 02:17:12 27/11/2012
What type of music should I make. Just play a song or make my own original. Oh and is the song type techno, classical, pop, rock, or what not?
---
Always tired~
#74 Posted: 02:21:18 27/11/2012
Quote: Vincentkoopa
What type of music should I make. Just play a song or make my own original. Oh and is the song type techno, classical, pop, rock, or what not?

Well, for the title, some sort of epic, adventure type music would really do it.

In other words, I don't know what genre would fit it.

Just wondering....... Is this an ensemble of instruments we're talking about?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:22:22 27/11/2012 by skyoutube
#75 Posted: 02:28:22 27/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Can we have the Skylands environments floating in the background for the scenery behind the titles and stuff? That'd be soooo pretty with Mr. D's artwork <3

The song should be original, and probably yes something adventurous, maybe starting off slowly and building until the first scene will start, but the melody line should be memorable as it will probably be there in bits and pieces throughout the entire movie.

I was thinking Vincent could make the groundwork for the song and Kaos could take his symphony and choirs and add to it.
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#76 Posted: 02:35:35 27/11/2012
Alright, so am I doing the part directly after Skyoutube's part?
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
#77 Posted: 02:38:08 27/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bean Sprout
Alright, so am I doing the part directly after Skyoutube's part?

Yes. That's right.
#78 Posted: 02:51:05 27/11/2012
Here's a basic scene outline for the next two parts:

INT. KAOS' LAIR - DAY ------ This scene shows Kaos and Glumshanks planning on taking an Eternal Source.

INT. HEKTORE'S LAIR - DAY ------ This scene shows Hektore and Frightbeard planning to take an Eternal Source.

Also, having the music from the title sequence be the main theme for this project would be perfect! It could be our "franchise tune"!
#79 Posted: 02:55:41 27/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Why show both of them plotting. Would be more effective for it to just be a surprise for the one who gets there "late". Focus on one group throughout until they arrive, then they "bump into" the other group (and the other group is intro'd then). Keeping some things a mystery isn't always bad because a reveal can be better lol
#80 Posted: 03:00:34 27/11/2012
That does make more sense..... I'lll whip up the Kaos scene, and then let Bean Sprout begin.

Also, I have a kick*** ending. All of the Skylanders are having a party, and Pop Fizz and Slam Bam are chatting.

POP FIZZ: You know, in the Legend of Oguh, there were a bunch of huge robots flying around! Do you think that there is anything that big that is still around today?

SLAM BAM: That's unlikely.

*cue the massive shadow looming over the Skylanders*
#81 Posted: 03:03:15 27/11/2012 | Topic Creator
That does make more sense..... I'lll whip up the Kaos scene, and then let Bean Sprout begin.

Also, I have a kick*** ending. All of the Skylanders are having a party, and Pop Fizz and Slam Bam are chatting.

POP FIZZ: You know, in the Legend of Oguh, there were a bunch of huge robots flying around! Do you think that there is anything that big that is still around today?

SLAM BAM: That's unlikely.

*cue the massive shadow looming over the Skylanders*

That isn't ominous. That isn't ominous at all! xD

And what would an ending be without a party~
#82 Posted: 03:10:34 27/11/2012
Just sent an email with the latest update. Glumshank's first piece of dialog!
#83 Posted: 03:13:44 27/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Kuukukuku~ I read. I read, and I am pleased. By the way is it okay if I *am* the editor of the script (as in adding more to dialogues, etc.)?

And I wish Masuta and Glum-san would voice their roles in this fanimation. smilie;; Though I know they won't. Guess that's what I have the VAA for.
#84 Posted: 03:23:18 27/11/2012
Well, of course! Just tell me what you want to add/edit, I'll out it in, send the PDF. The thing is, the only way you could possibly edit directly would have to be with a collaboration email for the writers.
#85 Posted: 03:30:03 27/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Well will the program alert any writers to any new changes in the script? Because if not that'd get messy. And it'd be better to have one person input it all in, and one person run the program for the clean copy.

If the program itself has a way that will alert any writers to any edits then an e mail can be shared/made for logging in and things.
#86 Posted: 03:32:18 27/11/2012
Good point..... I don't think the program knows because it takes one email, and thinks one means one.

I'm going with Option Uno.

And, what's the VAA?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:32:38 27/11/2012 by skyoutube
#87 Posted: 03:39:47 27/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Voice Acting Alliance forum. A forum full of hobbyist and budding voice actors and actresses who take on fandubs and original projects under their belts either for fun or to increase their port folio for voice acting careers.

It's a shame if Ermit doesn't make it into this script, or at least someone with a Cockney accent. My ex husbando voice acts for my games and things and he's a Londoner with a very sharp accent. lol Perfect for characterizations.
#88 Posted: 03:42:11 27/11/2012
I'lll upload a video of me doing imitations, if you want. I like to do voices, I think they sound good when I hear myself speak, but I don't know is a microphone changes all of that..... But, I'll give it a shot!

And, Ermit will DEFINITELY get a part.

"The clouds. They're everywhere. Look at 'em. Always listening, always watching."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:48:06 27/11/2012 by skyoutube
#89 Posted: 03:46:32 27/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Well if we're really going to include lines for every Skylander I'm pretty sure we'll be needing a whopping cast or at least people who can change their voices drastically and claiming multiple roles.

The only thing I've ever tried was "Cynder" for that commercial parody thing that got cancelled here. smilie Maybe I'll return to voice her in this movie. People seemed to like it.
#90 Posted: 03:51:29 27/11/2012
I can do a high voice for Trigger Happy. And a voice for Flameslinger based off of the Giants reveal trailer.

Skip to 1:25 to see what I'm talking about.
#91 Posted: 04:06:05 27/11/2012 | Topic Creator
I can do a wide range of voices too. But I either like very high or very low voices myself. It's likely I'll self-case as multiple parts if we don't get enough actors, even for the sake of filling roles. I have the nicest USB mic there is out there and I can audio edit as well. smilie

http://soundcloud.com/inabakageroza/skylanders-parody-1
For any who haven't heard my Cynder for the parody. Note: I had no idea what Cynder really sounds like. I was just winging it xD;;; But gives you a glimpse at some lines from me.

And do you have any samples of yourself acting, Skyoutube?
#92 Posted: 04:10:08 27/11/2012
My entire YouTube channel is my voices. But, to make things quicker, I shoot a video of myself doing it right now. It'll take a minute or two.
#93 Posted: 04:11:17 27/11/2012 | Topic Creator
A link to your Youtube channel would be naice~. Or did you give that to me before. I don't even remember. >.>
#94 Posted: 04:19:20 27/11/2012
Don't worry, I'm uploading a new video with some of my samples now.
#95 Posted: 04:24:47 27/11/2012

Here it is.
#96 Posted: 04:24:59 27/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Unless, is that Youtube account on your profile yours? With the quite hilarious Skylander episodes and Trigger Happy's father (or was it grandfather) ranting in an oldman voice? xD

EDITO: Oh you ninja poster you.

You're very articulate and so young o.o With how you write and talk I didn't imagine you to be so young at all!

And you have a lot of voices under your sleeve don't you. smilie I laughed during the whole thing which is good. "Not as high as Kaos!" (We all know Kaos is high smilieDD )

Also you MUST be the real younger version of Eon. I can seriously imagine you growing up and being old man Eon smilie
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 04:32:00 27/11/2012 by Kurui
#97 Posted: 04:29:22 27/11/2012
So, am I writing the part after skyoutube's part?
---
#98 Posted: 04:29:25 27/11/2012
Unless, is that Youtube account on your profile yours? With the quite hilarious Skylander episodes and Trigger Happy's father (or was it grandfather) ranting in an oldman voice? xD

EDITO: Oh you ninja poster you.

Yes........

And, Bean Sprout, you've got the green light.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:30:07 27/11/2012 by skyoutube
#99 Posted: 04:31:05 27/11/2012
Alright, I'll have it done as soon as I can.
---
#100 Posted: 04:32:53 27/11/2012
Notify me so I can out it in the big RawScripts file!

And here's a basic outline that should give you a boost:

EXT. RUINS - NIGHT - The Skylanders are starting to go to bed. After they say "Goodnight" to each other, they leave, and the villains come in.
First | Page 2 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me