Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Skylanders: Old & New (Animated Movie)
Page 1 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Skylanders: Old & New (Animated Movie) [CLOSED]
Kurui Ripto Gems: 191
#1 Posted: 06:03:11 25/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Putting this here for future doing-ness. Because I plan to start it after the release of 2 of my games in the works. One of which has a lot of the art already done and the second one is beginning the art part to it so~

We're working on creating a 2D animated movie based on the Skylanders series.

Working Title:
Skylanders: Old & New

Basic Plot:
When Skylands is threatened by a combination of evil forces, a new ally emerges, but is there more to this stranger than meets the eye?

~~**~~

THE TEAM

Writers:
1. Nibelilt
2. Bean Sprout
3. Skyoutube
(Filled)

Voice Actors:
(Not needed yet)

Music Composition:
1. EMPEROR KAOS
2. Kurui
3. Vincentkoopa
(Filled)

SFX Design:
1. Nightmare Nadia
(Filled)

Animation:
1. Kurui (animation director/lead animator)
2. LegendaryFlames (assistant animator)
3. EMPEROR KAOS (line-art and colour)
4. Mr. Dark (environment art)
5. Skylanderschool
(Not needed yet)
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 05:01:18 27/11/2012 by Kurui
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#2 Posted: 07:01:49 25/11/2012
I'd be able to help with writing, but I'd like some sort of outline for a main plot first...
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#3 Posted: 07:07:11 25/11/2012
I am a writer, so I could help...
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
#4 Posted: 07:08:16 25/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Oh pfff. smilie smilie

I have no idea. If i did, I'd have put it in the first post. I was thinking about browsing through the Skylander fanfics and choosing one to animate but I thought that'd be too hard plus I'd have to ask permission and blah blah.

I'm not good at coming up with plots for already existing universes. Only at creating original stuff. =w=
skyoutube Green Sparx Gems: 497
#5 Posted: 15:17:37 25/11/2012
This looks fun.........I can write and do some voices.

For writing screenplays, I know of this really good website that has free software on it. I've used it before and I love it!
dfectroll Ripto Gems: 96
#6 Posted: 17:29:44 25/11/2012
i'll help
do
something ..
#7 Posted: 18:58:49 25/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: skyoutube
This looks fun.........I can write and do some voices.

For writing screenplays, I know of this really good website that has free software on it. I've used it before and I love it!

What site? owo

@Glumshanks-san - Ofc you can help.
#8 Posted: 19:12:10 25/11/2012
RawScripts
#9 Posted: 19:39:05 25/11/2012 | Topic Creator

That's handy ^w^ Thank you.

Now if we can just get some plot ideas circulating here so whoever writes can collaborate in that program to make me a nice, clean script for the actors.
#10 Posted: 20:10:22 25/11/2012
I like to have a plot written out before I write.

It's like this: I can write, but sometimes, it's good to have a plot in my hands.
#11 Posted: 20:12:41 25/11/2012 | Topic Creator
I like to have a plot written out before I write.

It's like this: I can write, but sometimes, it's good to have a plot in my hands.

Well does anyone have any ideas for a plot?

Cause I'm stumped. ;0;. So, so far any ideas are accepted to be discussed.

I'm not very partial to any plot things either, I'm open for anything.
#12 Posted: 20:16:15 25/11/2012
THINKING POWERS ACTIVATE!!!!!!
#13 Posted: 20:34:36 25/11/2012 | Topic Creator
My thinking powers aren't very strong today. smilie;;; But I know that this probably shouldn't have any new Skylanders or something. I'd like to stick with the ones that are there so I don't have to do any designing myself, unless we'll open things for people to submit and anything.

Actually, how about the plot revolving around some new character that ca be the deciding factor of the fate of their side good/evil? And having the people of the forums here submitting their fanlander ideas/designs to win the spot of that new special character. At least it gives people something to do and kickstarts us off.
Vincentkoopa Yellow Sparx Gems: 1997
#14 Posted: 20:54:15 25/11/2012
If you have an extra spot for music composition. Please tell me, I am really good at the piano.
---
Always tired~
#15 Posted: 20:56:10 25/11/2012
I have some of an idea......

Kaos decides to work together with all of the main villains in the Skylanders game like Hektore, Vathek, Occulous, etc.

Their powers combined make it extremely tough for the Skylanders to fight back, until, one day, a strange creature appears (the new Skylander)......
#16 Posted: 21:09:45 25/11/2012 | Topic Creator
I have some of an idea......

Kaos decides to work together with all of the main villains in the Skylanders game like Hektore, Vathek, Occulous, etc.

Their powers combined make it extremely tough for the Skylanders to fight back, until, one day, a strange creature appears (the new Skylander)......

Or maybe a new villain! A Skylander turned villain instead of the opposite way around. Where Masuta and co. are the threat until the "newlander" rebels and makes destruction for everyone and then the old villains and Skylanders have to begrudgingly work together. owo

@Vincent - Aye, we can collab on the music.

By the way, doing purely original stuff here, no ripping sfx or anything. So yeah this will be a from scratch sort of deal owo
#17 Posted: 21:25:56 25/11/2012
Okay! I won't start writing until we confirm what the official plot will be. It will be easier to write once it's confirmed.
#18 Posted: 21:30:30 25/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Just waiting on people to say whether they like/dislike/love/hate/want to throw rotten veggies at current ideas. >.>

But yeah once we at least get some basic idea we can start a full outline, then dialogue, then recording~.

I don't know if we'll fit every single Skylander in there. We should discuss that.
#19 Posted: 21:48:46 25/11/2012
Well, every Skylander should have at least one speaking line. Some could be only getting one line, some could get 50% of the dialogue.
#20 Posted: 21:51:52 25/11/2012 | Topic Creator
That'll mean that voice actors will play more than one role. But yesh it'd be hard to give 'screen time' to every Skylander evenly, so we'll have to pick and choose the main heroes. Spyro being one of them I assume xD
#21 Posted: 22:03:56 25/11/2012
I think Spyro, Trigger Happy, Gill Grunt, Ignitor, Stealth Elf, Cynder, Pop Fizz, and Jet-Vac should be the main characters. I'm not sure what role the Giants might have......
prextail202 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4024
#22 Posted: 23:50:21 25/11/2012
You can use any of my fan skylanders for any part in the game!
---
di ****n molto or whatever I guess
#23 Posted: 00:35:46 26/11/2012 | Topic Creator
I think Spyro, Trigger Happy, Gill Grunt, Ignitor, Stealth Elf, Cynder, Pop Fizz, and Jet-Vac should be the main characters. I'm not sure what role the Giants might have......

Not sure. We could work them in somehow if we want. I was hoping Boomer or Ghost Roaster would get a big part xD but yesh that'd be silly seeing as it's just cause I'm a fan. They probably wouldn't really have majour roles.

There should probably some kind of item or something the baddies are after, like usual, maybe squabbling over it at first. I can see some nice character reflections as they have to work together to bring down the Skylanders, but you know some of them would be plotting to steal all the credit anyway. lol

Quote: prextail202
You can use any of my fan skylanders for any part in the game!

I'll probably have a thing where, people submit a design according to a form and then the one gets picked etc. through voting and whatever. That seems fair to me.
#24 Posted: 01:13:58 26/11/2012
DING! DING!

In the middle of the night, one of the villains steals an Eternal Source from the Core, but the beam that comes out of the Core is still there, so nobody notices. Eventually, one of the NPCs finds out (I'm still figuring out how) and there is widespread panic.
#25 Posted: 01:17:32 26/11/2012 | Topic Creator
DING! DING!

In the middle of the night, one of the villains steals an Eternal Source from the Core, but the beam that comes out of the Core is still there, so nobody notices. Eventually, one of the NPCs finds out (I'm still figuring out how) and there is widespread panic.

Sneaky~

Are we also going to have funny scenes of villain gatheringness and plotting togetherness? smilie After they come together of course for whatever reason or other.
#26 Posted: 01:18:41 26/11/2012
Yeah..... What would be a good title for this concept?
#27 Posted: 01:21:07 26/11/2012 | Topic Creator
I have 0 idea for a title. Since it only has a barebones plot, it's hard to come up with.
#28 Posted: 01:56:19 26/11/2012
Good point.....
#29 Posted: 05:02:55 26/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Even though just something as easy like Skylanders: The Animation/The Movie would be okay for me. But it would probably end up being something related to the mysterious new Skylander.

So right now we're looking at plots:

Source gets stolen.
Probably the new potential Skylander is able to help the Skylanders get that back, and is inducted into the Skylanders fold after some adventure/persuading.
Like Team Rocket to Pikachu, the villains see promise in that new Skylander, and possibly try to turn him/her against the Skylanders.
I'm thinking, something goes haywire, causes the pawn in question to become corrupt, for neither side, immensely powerful, and a villain all to itself.
"Old villains" have no choice but to team up with the Skylanders to take down the threat for the finale.

if THAT becomes the main plot outline, then I'd suggest for the title. Skylanders: Old and New (Old villains = new allies, old-ish ally = new villain - it makes sense!~)
#30 Posted: 05:04:37 26/11/2012
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I've got to get some sleep (it's midnight where I am), so I'll be back tomorrow!
#31 Posted: 06:27:40 26/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Fleshing out some kind of plot:

One group of baddies decides to steal some elemental sources for whatever reasons.

Gets there and is intercepted by another baddie group doing the same thing (maybe they both read from the same chapter on 'How to take over skylands' book that week smilie )

(How many evil group people are there anyway? I mainly only play the main vein of games for Skylanders)

While those groups squabble, a mysterious figure thought to be "new skylander" chases them off, but they get away with whatever Source, even just one of them

The real Skylanders are oblivious to the source being stolen for a bit until something, dunno what, happens

The bad guys are still bickering over the source and trying to best each other at their own game, one of them will probably reveal the mysterious Skylander happening to the real Skylander group during the commotion

Maybe something here about a once-old Skylander who helped to save Skylands from disaster but disappeared after for reasons unknown?

One of the baddies maybe gets upper hand over the other one, takes off with the sources for whatever reason, the other group goes after a precious source to lure the mysterious newlander into their clutches to use against them (maybe one of the Skylanders knew them personally, was a friend, or a daughter/cousin/sister's uncle's brother's roommate? smilie and will be kidnapped to lure them who knows)

Adventuring, scheming, plotting, battles, character development, plot thickenings

The baddies clash against each other, one using their new powers, the other deploying the newlander using their stolen item/person as leverage

But the Skylanders and co. turn things around, and the newlander is able to obtain back the sources, but one of the baddies had a plan and has now activated something or other to make the newlander into ultimate weaponsish thing

Because of its lonewolf nature, the newlander rebels against both sides (for any reasons), and is now a very immense threat, to both Skylands and the baddies' jobs

So despite all their clashingness, the groups have to come together to bring down the newlander (because the idiot baddie who helped transform the newlander into this monster did not make a backup plan in case things go wrong smilie )

And of course even though they help the Skylanders the baddies will be working out ways to turn things to their advantage midstream but realize they will really have to cooperate when the finale comes and things are dangerous

preparations are made, mystical items are collected, secrets about the newlander uncovered, ihavenoidea stuff goes here
Huge battle/final confrontation (with super kamehameha powers and pretty splosions)

Some kind of conclusion: newlander dies? Newlander decides to disappear off again? Maybe this is when the reveal tie in with the Skylander is revealed - the relation and stuff, right before they leave? Baddies for a minute rejoice together with Skylanders (although they make it crystal clear this is just "a one time emergency only collaboration" lol ) Idk fun stuff ending blah blah

Credits
#32 Posted: 06:42:44 26/11/2012
Alright, I'll start writing soon.
#33 Posted: 06:45:06 26/11/2012
*Goes onto RawScripts*

*Epically, begins to write*
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 06:48:07 26/11/2012 by skyoutube
#34 Posted: 06:47:27 26/11/2012
owo We need to sort out who will write what...
Can I write Hektore's lines? smilie
#35 Posted: 06:48:29 26/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Would it be easier if everyone had a certain chunk to write or do you guys just want to collab back and forth on the whole thing?

Or we could probably break down the outline even more section by section if it's not enough to go off of now.
#36 Posted: 06:48:31 26/11/2012
We'll need a collaboration email for this to work.....

Or, if we have each other's email (maybe not personal one, but alternate), we can email PDFs of script concept. One of the many features of RawScripts.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:49:48 26/11/2012 by skyoutube
#37 Posted: 06:52:15 26/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Im absofreakinglutely horrible with dialogues. Plot writing/fleshing, is alright. The actual writing, yeah. I could be the final editor though like grammar, spelling, etc. Or making sentences sound better/beefing up scripts etc. But for the majour part of writing, I'm going to leave it to you three I listed in staff.

My e mail is hanzdaemons [AT] live [DOT] com. I use that one e mail for everything.
#38 Posted: 06:54:42 26/11/2012
Okay. I'll write a first scene and quickly attempt (I've never used the feature) to send you a PDF.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:54:53 26/11/2012 by skyoutube
#39 Posted: 06:57:17 26/11/2012 | Topic Creator
We'll need up through where the mysterious Newlander comes in. But we'll have to go on deciding how we want to create the Newlander (if we want the DS community to be involved or if we just want to make it ourselves) and everything about it, before we go on writing dialogues.....
#40 Posted: 06:59:31 26/11/2012
Quote: Kurui
Maybe something here about a once-old Skylander who helped to save Skylands from disaster but disappeared after for reasons unknown?

I think I'll put that in as a cold opening. It'll tie into the storyline somehow. I love plot twists!
#41 Posted: 06:59:45 26/11/2012
I don't have an email for myself...
#42 Posted: 07:01:05 26/11/2012 | Topic Creator
And I'll work on seeing if Vincent wants to get started on a base piano piece that Masuta can add onto with his orchestra instruments and epic choirs.

EDITO: Could always use PMs the, Nibelilt?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:01:35 26/11/2012 by Kurui
#43 Posted: 07:10:33 26/11/2012
PMs are fine.
#44 Posted: 07:14:37 26/11/2012
Okay, I'm almost done with the cold opening. It has a backstory for how something was created.....
#45 Posted: 07:16:19 26/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Heh, except I have to clear out my PM box usually 1-2 times daily due to how many PMs I get on this forum. >.>;;; I get so swamped.

Just now found out it was full again.

Between PMs and things we should have it pretty smooth going.

I'll just make sure everyone has a copy of the script here in this thread so that nothing is missing between people. And we should have a script knocked out in a 3-4 months time. Since I want to make sure it's all nice and neat before I start casting.
#46 Posted: 07:18:32 26/11/2012
Okay. I'll sent a PDF of the cold opening. Check dat email.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:20:57 26/11/2012 by skyoutube
#47 Posted: 07:19:25 26/11/2012
Quote: PM Inbox
731/100 73.1%

... Durp
#48 Posted: 07:24:08 26/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Okay. I'll send a PDF over right now.

Got it. Now to figure out how to copy/pasta all your bits to Nibelilt or to this thread in general I guess.

*tries*

EXT. LOST ISLE - DAY
A small Molekin wanders around the huge island. There is
lots of plant life and sheep. Oguh finally arrives at the
center of the island. He is holding a sheet of paper.
OGUH
This looks like a good spot.
He grabs some tools and wood and begins building something.
After an hour, his shaky, wooden structure is complete.
OGUH (CONT'D)
It is finished! But, there's
something missing.
Oguh sees his friend, Orville, walking by.
OGUH (CONT'D)
Orville! I need you to gather
eight meaningful resources to help
finish my project.
ORVILLE
Okay!
Orville goes into his hi-tech balloon and flies off.
OGUH
Now, what should I call this piece
of art?
All of a sudden, a loud clap of thunder is heard, and
multiple Conquetrons are seen flying over the island.
CONQUETRON #1
We are taking over this island and
Skylands! Prepare to meet
permanent fate!
Oguh doesn't seem shocked, surprised, or threatened. Orville
and his balloon float by, dropping eight, multicolored
objects.
ORVILLE
You might need those!
The eight objects float towards the wooden structure and go
into it. The structure becomes a beautiful work of art. Oguh
climbs on top of the structure.
OGUH
For Skylands!
All of a sudden, Oguh is shot up into the air. With a beam
of light coming out of the very spot where he was blasted
out of. The Conquetrons disappear and everything is normal.
Orville lands the balloon, and realizes what had just
happened.
INT. MABU HUT - DAY
Blobbers is telling the story of Oguh to little Mabu
children.
BLOBBERS
So, Oguh, the brave Molekin was a
leader in the fight against the
Arkeyans, and will only return if
Skylands is in very great danger.
Even though his invention and the
island it was on are lost, he may
come back someday.
MABU CHILD
That was great, Pa! Tell it again!

Well it doesn't format as well but it's readable? xD
#49 Posted: 07:29:15 26/11/2012
EXT. LOST ISLE - DAY

A small Molekin wanders around the huge island. There is lots of plant life and sheep. Oguh finally arrives at the center of the island. He is holding a sheet of paper.

OGUH: This looks like a good spot.

He grabs some tools and wood and begins building something. After an hour, his shaky, wooden structure is complete.

OGUH: It is finished! But, there's something missing.

Oguh sees his friend, Orville, walking by.

OGUH: Orville! I need you to gather eight meaningful resources to help finish my project.

ORVILLE: Okay!

Orville goes into his hi-tech balloon and flies off.

OGUH: Now, what should I call this piece of art?

All of a sudden, a loud clap of thunder is heard, and multiple Conquetrons are seen flying over the island.

CONQUETRON #1: We are taking over this island and Skylands! Prepare to meet permanent fate!

Oguh doesn't seem shocked, surprised, or threatened. Orville and his balloon float by, dropping eight, multicolored objects.

ORVILLE: You might need those!

The eight objects float towards the wooden structure and go into it. The structure becomes a beautiful work of art. Oguh climbs on top of the structure.

OGUH: For Skylands!

All of a sudden, Oguh is shot up into the air. With a beam of light coming out of the very spot where he was blasted out of. The Conquetrons disappear and everything is normal. Orville lands the balloon, and realizes what had just happened.

INT. MABU HUT - DAY

Blobbers is telling the story of Oguh to little Mabu children.

BLOBBERS: So, Oguh, the brave Molekin was a leader in the fight against the Arkeyans, and will only return if Skylands is in very great danger. Even though his invention and the island it was on are lost, he may come back someday.

MABU CHILD: That was great, Pa! Tell it again!
-------
#50 Posted: 07:31:27 26/11/2012 | Topic Creator
^ Much better. Ha ha. Maybe you should send a copy to me and post a copy here as well. I'll still need the PDF because I'm not online computer a whole lot.
Page 1 of 7 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me