Page 1 of 1
Sound problem with the Wii version [CLOSED]
dancinkayley Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#1 Posted: 02:42:58 12/07/2008 | Topic Creator
I was playing TEN yesterday and then suddenly the Wiimote started making the same noises Spyro makes by attacking and stuff (but it was much worse quality!). My game's never done that before, and one of the oddest parts of the whole thing is the fact that the SFX volume was turned nearly all the way down.

In the end I just turned down the Wiimote's volume and kept playing, but I'm still wondering why that happened.

Has this happened to anyone else or am I the only one?
---
All our base are belong to us.
I know joke old but who care.
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#2 Posted: 06:50:56 12/07/2008
EPIC WII PHAIL!

*shot*
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#3 Posted: 20:06:45 13/07/2008
Shrazer got it right. If you're playing with the Wiimote and Nunchuk, and if the onboard speaker is turned on, then you get sound effects clashing with what's going on screen.

Usually I have the speakers turned off in that instance, but it didn't prepare me for the surprise scenario of a character quote when selecting them for a task in Smash Bros Brawl. Imagine it - you could select Pikachu to play with, and you suddenly get the scream of "Pika!" coming through your remote's speakers.

It's just a fancy Wii feature, that's all. Either get used to it, or turn the sound off smilie That can be done by going into the Home menu, then heading to your Wii remote settings at the bottom of it and adjusting the volume there.
Last edited at 20:07:31 13/07/2008 by Rexy
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#4 Posted: 23:33:19 13/07/2008
I win!? Owo I don't even have a Wii!
dancinkayley Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#5 Posted: 01:53:16 14/07/2008 | Topic Creator
Fortunately it stopped the day after that. Strangely enough, that was the only day it did it and it only started when I was in the middle of playing.

Rexy, what you said reminded me of my very first time playing with a Wii. I was at my friend's house and we were playing Mario Party 8 and whenever we shook the Wiimote we'd get this "Yoshi!" or "It's Mario!!" coming through the Wiimote's speakers smilie
---
All our base are belong to us.
I know joke old but who care.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me