Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Gems are refunded if you… [CLOSED]
Zing Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#1 Posted: 15:31:13 21/11/2012 | Topic Creator
If you unlock a character with gems, and then later enter a code from the physical product, you have your gems refunded to you. So don't feel so bad about being forced to waste gems on the unlocks the tutorial forces you to perform.
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#2 Posted: 16:47:20 21/11/2012
nice. didnt even think to check.
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
Peridot Weapon Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#3 Posted: 12:43:33 24/11/2012
Quote: Zing
So don't feel so bad about being forced to waste gems on the unlocks the tutorial forces you to perform.

But it doesn't force you to. That's probably the biggest unwritten rule for games with a premium currency. At some point they will always try to "demo" the idea of spending gems to speed up an activity. Don't listen to it. Just leave the game running. Once time passes normally, the tutorial will continue AND you'll keep your gems.

The one or two gems you save aren't very valuable, but learning to save your resources instead of squander them just because the game TELLS you to - that's an important life lesson. smilie

(Unless Skylanders: Battlegrounds is actually different from every other premium game and DOES stop the clock.)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:44:21 24/11/2012 by Peridot Weapon
Thumpterra12 Ripto Gems: 120
#4 Posted: 13:59:21 24/11/2012
wait a minute... there is in app purchases with battlegrounds? *begs to say no*
Peridot Weapon Blue Sparx Gems: 947
#5 Posted: 14:07:11 24/11/2012
Yep. It's more generous than pure "freemium" games with the gems that you're given, as I understand it, but it follows the typical formula of "if you want to get through the game faster, pay for the privilege."

And looking at the gameplay video, I understand now that you CAN'T really avoid the tutorial gem use on this one, because it's not time related - it forces you to buy a second Skylander with Gems even if you have codes to put in (and unlock a few other features along the way with gems even if you have the full retail version - the Portal of Power is disabled until the tutorial level is completed).

Still undecided if I'll get the game right away, wait until the code entering glitches are resolved, or wait a month for the inevitable "half off" sale.
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#6 Posted: 14:46:12 24/11/2012
Good, because I bought Sprocket.
Thumpterra12 Ripto Gems: 120
#7 Posted: 15:35:28 24/11/2012
ok. time to jailbreak!lol joking
ThePunchPopFizz Green Sparx Gems: 258
#8 Posted: 16:00:37 24/11/2012
Buying gems is for spoiled kids. No need. You get plenty. Only way you'd need more is if you wanted to buy skylanders. Where's the fun in that?
---
Ravens Nation.
Activate: PunchPopFizz
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me