Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Non-Spyro > Dawn of the Dragons (Sneak Peak)
Page 1 of 1
Dawn of the Dragons (Sneak Peak) [CLOSED]
Vincentkoopa Yellow Sparx Gems: 1997
#1 Posted: 19:34:14 18/11/2012 | Topic Creator
This is a story being written by me and Helsing

I shall begin with a brief view of the story:
The story follows Drizzle,a young man whose life was tranquil and joyful.His life suddenly changes when a dragon egg appears that will plunge the world into a dark war.Now he's in constant danger of being captured by a man named Zenneth,"The Dark and Unholy King".Follow the adventure with Drizzle and his friends as they travel to Ukurus,"The Dragons' Land.",to escape Zenneth's evil cluthes...

Chapter 1:A Peaceful Morning

Drizzle woke from his slumber and got up from his soft,warm bed.He stretched for a moment and then walked towards the window.He gazed out into the orange,graceful horizon.Night was starting to vanish as a ray of light emerged.Dawn was approaching quickly.He went back into his room and started to change.He put on brown leather pants and a white cotton shirt.After he strapped on his black boots,he left his room and descended down stairs.When he reached the bottom floor,he saw that his brother,Daze,was already eating breakfast.
"Good morning Daze.",said Drizzle lazily.
"Good morning it is.",replied Daze,his mouth full of food.
"Daze!",shouted out Drizzle."Try to swallow your food before you talk!",scolded Drizzle,annoyed by how his brother is short of his manners.
After Daze swallowed the lump of food in his mouth he replied,"Okay,next time I will swallow before I talk."
"That's better."
Daze continued to eat wile Drizzle was preparing his breakfast.He placed the eggs on the frying pan and began to cook.The eggs sizzled loudly and the aroma of eggs filled the room.After he finished cooking,Drizzle sat down at the table and began to eat.The two brothers ate in silence till their plates were wiped clean.They then proceeded to do their daily chores.

Daze went outside into a forest to collect logs for fire wood while Drizzle remained home to wash their filthy clothing.He went outside and sat on a wooden stool near a barrel of water.He immediately started to wash and scrub the clothing.After he was done,he placed the damp clothes on a young oak tree to let the them dry off.His next chore was to go catch fish for lunch.He gathered up a loaf of bread to eat,his lucky fishing rod,and bait.He then set off to his favorite fishing spot.

Drizzle left the little cottage and walked beside a flowing river.Occasionally deer would stop to glance at him,then they would run into the cover of Evergreen,"The Lush Green Forest".Drizzle stopped to toss pebbles into the water.The impacts created ripples and splashes.A variety of fish fled from the sunken pebbles.He reached the lake nearby his home and found a section of the lake,which was his favorite fishing spot.He laid down his basket and got ready his fishing rod.He launched the hook into the lake and would reel it back in each time he felt a nibble.By the time he was done,he had managed to catch five trouts.Drizzle sat down on the soft blades of green grass.He pulled out a loaf of bread from the basket and broke it into small pieces.He began to nibble on each piece.The bread was cold,but soft and it eased his growling stomach.After he had finished eating,he packed up his items and started to walk back home.

Chapter 1 is not complete,I will edit it and will further develop it so don't complain that it is to short.
---
Always tired~
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:44:15 18/11/2012 by Vincentkoopa
Helsing Ripto Gems: 131
#2 Posted: 20:35:11 18/11/2012
Chapter 2 The Village of Vrael

As Drizzle walked home he discovered that the exact same deer were staring at him. He threw a small piece of fish at the deer, but they just stood there... watching. He said that he has no time for this, and walked along. When he got home,he saw that Daze was waiting and a conversation began.

"Hello Daze!"Drizzle said cheerfully.
"Hello Drizzle, what did you find."Daze asked.
"Five trout and for some reason these deer were following me and staring at me. I don't know why."Drizzle replied uneasily.
"Who knows, maybe they're the sacred guardians of the forest."said Daze laughing.
"I doubt it, they've been extinct for quite sometime."
They sat down at the table, and began to prepare their food. Soon after Drizzle saw the deer he saw before, but this time they were grunting.
"Hey Daze."
"What??"
"Look out the window and look at the deer."
Daze looked out side but he saw nothing. Only a piece of paper on the ground.
"Daze you get the note while I go to Vrael."
"Okay, see you later"

Drizzle left the cottage and headed towards the village of Vrael.He goes through several cramped streets and passes many small wooden buildings.Eventually he finds the Gold Bar.When he entered the bar,the smell of beer and ale filled the room.He took a seat at the counter and called out,"Morgan!I want a mug of beer!A short man wearing a stained apron comes out of the room and places the mug in front of Drizzle.Drizzle pays him and drinks his beer.After he finished his beer,he see's a group of guys at a table and starts asking questions, only to get into a bar fight in the outcome. He gets a minor concussion and the guys are in critical condition.The foot soldiers come in before there was fatalities.However one man resisted them and was brought to jail.

He sees one of his friends named Loki and joins his friend with several other people. They were sharing stories about the Guardians of the forest and about the longingly extinct dragons. "How are you my friend?"asked Drizzle. "Doing well my friend,we are sharing ancient tales and legends right now.",replied Loki.Then everything went quiet as a man named Greg,began to tell an ancient story.
"Hundreds of years ago,there were two ancient dragon riders of the names Eukoros and Zenneth.",he began."They were the only two dragon riders at the time and were meant to keep peace.Then one day,Zenneth was overtaken by greed and hatred and turned on Eukoros.Eukoros was not able to counter attack Zenneth and fled to an ancient cave located at a distant mountain.Zenneth,today is still alive and is slowly destroying our world.Many rumors state that Zenneth is still alive today because dragon riders have the power to stop aging.I still believe,I will believe,that Eukoros will return and put an and to Zenneth,I also believe...that another dragon rider will arise." "A good storyteller he is.",remarked Drizzle.After a little more merrymaking,Drizzle left to eat supper at the cottage.

Daze picks up the note saying that Drizzle needs to get to the Mountains because the dire fate has come with Zenneth's return. He will return in a couple days to rule the world and Drizzle is the only person that can help them. "I have to give Drizzle this note."Daze said to himself.He returned back into the cottage and sat near the fireplace,waiting for Drizzle's return.
#3 Posted: 20:35:56 18/11/2012 | Topic Creator
I hope people actually read this smilie
---
Always tired~
#4 Posted: 20:39:57 18/11/2012
Quote: Vincentkoopa
I hope people actually read this smilie

Me too smilie
thumper Ripto Gems: 3519
#5 Posted: 20:48:50 18/11/2012
This story is actually pretty good. Looking forward to the next chapter! smilie
#6 Posted: 20:59:20 18/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Thank you for your reply!
Okay Helsing,it is my turn.
---
Always tired~
#7 Posted: 21:02:21 18/11/2012
Okay!
#8 Posted: 21:21:19 18/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Chapter 3:The Dragon

Drizzle arrived home and saw that Daze was sitting near the fireplace holding the note.
"What did the note say?" Drizzle asked him.
"It seems that someone wants you to travel to the Atlas Mountains." Daze replied.
"Why would someone want me to go there?"
"I do not know the answer to that question,but it seems that it is quite important to go there." Daze replied.
Drizzle was silent for a moment,he then said,"Okay I will go there,I will return in a couple of days."
"I wish you the best of luck on your journey." Daze said.
After they ate trout for supper,Drizzle packed up supplies and then left for the Atlas Mountains.He then stopped before Evergreen.
"Here I go." he said to himself.He breathed in and entered the forest.Various noises emitted from the forest and there were rare plants.Drizzle stopped to rest and laid himself on an ancient oak tree.He pulled out a red apple and began to eat it.After his energy was replenished,he continued his travels.He stopped once again and saw the same deer were watching him carefully.
"This forest makes me feel uneasy."

After a day has passed,he finally reached the other side of the forest.When he came out,he looked up at the large and ominous mountains that lay before him."How will I know which cave it is?",he asked himself.He was about to start climbing the mountains till the same deer blocked his path."Get out of the way!" ordered Drizzle,gritting his teeth.The deer paid no attention to his order and remained their position."Have it your way." Drizzle said menacingly.He pulled out his curved steel dagger and started to advance.Suddenly,a large deer emerged from the forest and rammed into Drizzle's side.Drizzle fell to the ground,blood coming from his mouth.Then everything went black and he fell unconscious.

He woke up in a dark cave.He got up slowly,his eyes trying to adjust to the darkness.Then around the room,many candles started to glow brightly.Now Drizzle could see around the dim lighted cave.In the center stood an ancient altar,with an old book on the stand.There were many different paintings around the room picturing events and figures."Where am I?" he asked himself.Then from the entrance of the cave,the same deer that rammed Drizzle entered the room."You are in the cave of the forest's guardians.",it boomed.Drizzle startled walked away from the deer."Do not be afraid." it said softly.
"Why did you ram me?" Drizzle asked.
"You were threatening my children." it replied.
"Why did you bring me here?"
"You are needed."
"Why am I needed?"
"Silence,you ask to many questions young one."
"I will explain everything to you soon,but right now you must read the book in the altar." Drizzle obeyed the guardian and went to the altar.He began to read the ancient book.Suddenly,his mind became flooded with various pictures and visions.Once again,he became unconscious from the overwhelming knowledge.The guardian ran over to the unconscious Drizzle."He always falls unconscious.Why did Eukoros choose him?" the guardian said to itself.It hauled Drizzle onto its back and laid Drizzle on a soft bed for him to sleep on.

A dragon with shining emerald green scales rose into the midnight sky.It looked around the forest,looking for it's missing egg.She could not find her egg,so she gave out a roar that could make the average man deaf.She continued to scout the land,but to no avail.Eventually,the dragon grew weary and feeble.It landed in an open field located somewhere deep in the forest,the animals inhabiting the area fled as the ground trembled.The dragon curled up and began to sleep,waiting for her strength and energy to replenish.

Okay Helsing your turn.
---
Always tired~
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:29:49 18/11/2012 by Vincentkoopa
#9 Posted: 23:52:02 18/11/2012 | Topic Creator
I feel like we need an editor and critic.

Okay we need an editor to point out spelling and grammar checks for us.Then they edit it and pm us the improved version with no mistake.

We also need a critic.We need to know how we are doing in our chapters and tell us if the chapter is to long or to short.

Application Form
Username:
What job you want:
Why we should choose you:
---
Always tired~
#10 Posted: 23:57:40 18/11/2012
I feel like we need an editor and critic.

Okay we need an editor to point out spelling and grammar checks for us.Then they edit it and pm us the improved version with no mistake.

We also need a critic.We need to know how we are doing in our chapters and tell us if the chapter is to long or to short.

Application Form
Username:
What job you want:
Why we should choose you:

Good idea! smilie
#11 Posted: 00:08:13 19/11/2012
You really have a good story here. I agree you need someone to correct the minor errors. The errors would be easily corrected just by someone doing it. I don't ever look down on someones work, I am honestly saying the errors are quite minor. I really like this story and waiting patiently for the next chapter. Great job guys! smilie
#12 Posted: 00:16:01 19/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Thank you for your reply once again!
Helsing will upload the next chapter around evening.(He has homework)
---
Always tired~
#13 Posted: 00:18:19 19/11/2012
Thank you for your reply once again!
Helsing will upload the next chapter around evening.(He has homework)

Not really homework, but instructions for the class. We have to do a origami thing and we need a 100 step instruction sheet. Ugh and here's the funny part, I created the thing smilie Hey, no 9th period though! smilie
#14 Posted: 00:19:23 19/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Nice job smilie
---
Always tired~
#15 Posted: 00:21:56 19/11/2012
Nice job smilie

Thanks smilie
Hunter 4eva Blue Sparx Gems: 537
#16 Posted: 04:43:07 19/11/2012
Grab the popcorn, y'all. This story got intense.
---
Tell me are you the ghost of jealosy?!
#17 Posted: 23:30:13 19/11/2012
Chapter 4 The chosen one

When the dragon woke from her slumber,she hears a faint sound. Like a baby dragon, but she wasn't sure. The dragon looked around and she saw two eggs laying on the ground near her, one was purple, the other one was green. She was awfully confused at the time but then she realized both of them were starting to hatch.
"What the" The dragon said.
A screech echoed from within the purple egg.
The green one started to buzz.
They both hatched in a matter of minutes and the egg shell matched their color of the skin. The baby purple dragon had violet scales and sparkling purple eyes. The baby green dragon had emerald scales,the same as his mother,and dark black eyes.
"They're beautiful!" shouted the mother dragon,her voice full of glee.The two dragons crawled their way over to her and curled up beside her. She covered them up with her large wing to keep them warm."I know the green dragon is my baby, but who is the mother of the purple dragon?"she asked to herself before falling back asleep.

Meanwhile at the Cave.

Drizzle woke up,noticing that the lesser nature guardians were surrounding him.He heard them murmur,"Why did the book choose him?".
"Where is the book?" he asked them.
"We have the book kept away,but you may have it if you wish." they replied.
"May I have it?"
"So you may."The guardians gave the book to Drizzle.He started to read the book once more,but something was odd.He was flipping through the pages quickly,almost fast as a dragon.
"Is he?" asked the dragon in surprise.
He then started to transform into a hybrid between a human and dragon...a draconian. He still has the power to revert back into his human form at will. . This metamorphosis only happened if the chosen one had read the ancient book from the sacred altar.A draconian can only be brought into the world every one-thousand years. It became clear that the chosen one was him. He finished the book in less than an hour and then he read it again, ten times quicker, remembering everything page by page.
"Yes he is." replied another guardian.
The head of the guardians walked into the cave and announced,"Yes...he is the chosen one...and a draconian!" Excitement filled the room as they heard the news.
"Let us have merrymaking today,for the next couple of weeks,he will have training to do." announced the guardian.The guardians hurried quickly to prepare for the merrymaking that was about to begin.
"I never caught your name by the way." said Drizzle.
"My name is Yew." Yew replied.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:52:26 19/11/2012 by Helsing
#18 Posted: 12:50:18 23/11/2012
Next chapter please.
#19 Posted: 04:36:05 24/11/2012 | Topic Creator
I'll post it tomorrow. (Sorry about slow progress, looking for inspiration.)
---
Always tired~
#20 Posted: 22:38:14 24/11/2012
That's okay, I'm sure it will be worth the wait smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me