Page 1 of 1
Wii version any good? [CLOSED]
Lukar82394 Green Sparx Gems: 393
#1 Posted: 02:12:37 10/07/2008 | Topic Creator
So... Is the Wii version any good? My b-day's next month, and I need games for my starving collection. x.x I read IGN's review, and I know they said it sucked badly, but then again, I've also heard that guy praises damn near every racing/sports game he reviews. smilie

Also, the last Spyro game I played was Year of the Dragon a few years ago, and the "newest" one I've played was a demo of A Hero's Tail... Just thought I should let ya'll know.

btw, sorry if this is counted as spam for some reason. =/
Rexy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1313
#2 Posted: 14:57:57 11/07/2008
Well, IGN shouldn't really be trusted for that instance - from what was heard in a Wii podcast at around the same time, the two chief reviewers revealed that the person who did the writeup for The Eternal Night was a "freelancer" (someone who doesn't work directly for the site and is usually given budget titles to review). Even those two chief reviewers completely disagreed with him, and so it's seen that they made a terrible mistake on it.

If you do want the game in the end though, bear in mind that the Wii is without a doubt the best version (and don't listen to anyone else - some of them haven't experienced the pair side by side). Everything is polished in comparison to its PS2 counterpart, complete with more detailed graphical textures and clearer sound. To get the best out of it though, you'll need the Classic Controller (which only costs about $20), as that will be able to give the best prior-generation control and easier breath type switching in comparision to the Wiimote and Nunchuk standard.

I hope this helps you smilie
Last edited at 14:58:45 11/07/2008 by Rexy
dancinkayley Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#3 Posted: 02:39:08 12/07/2008
I have the Wii version and I think it's really good. I play with my Wiimote and Nunchuk (I don't have a classic controller yet) and the controls are a bit awkward at first but before you know it they become second nature. I found it fun yet difficult and I think it's definitely worth getting!
---
All our base are belong to us.
I know joke old but who care.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me