Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Fiction > The Skies of Passing: A Prophecy of Eight Dragons
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
The Skies of Passing: A Prophecy of Eight Dragons [CLOSED]
Gem-A-Knight Yellow Sparx Gems: 1644
#1 Posted: 00:03:29 08/11/2012 | Topic Creator
As of now my writing is too, hopefully, continue at a fast rate and not be stalled as before.

WARNING: This story starts out mild, but you MUST be aware that my writing is going to move into much more gory, complicated, and I wouldn't say sexual but definately "awkward" situations that might spark very few disturbed feelings. This is NOT INTENSE but these are things to look out for.

Main Characters:

Spyro (age: 35, our great hero)

Cynder (age: 35, Spyro's greatest love)

Vulcan (age: 13, one of the eight, the fire/swordsman dragon)

Flece (age: 13, one of the eight, the fire/ice dragon)

Ace (age: 13, one of the eight, the archer/earth dragon)

shadow (age: 13, one of the eight, the shadow/electric dragon)

Midnight (age: 13, one of the eight, the shadow/fear dragon)

Amythest (age: 13, one of the eight, the fire/shadow dragon)

Glasel (age: 13, one of the eight, the earth/fire dragon)

Ress (age: 13, one of the eight, the fire/electric dragon)

Soulious (age: 27, the main villian)

Chronicler/Ignitus (age 47, the one who was passed down the job of the chronicler)

Brant (age 16, a strange warrior of magic of which no one knows where he came from...)

Celeste (age 16, an ally to Brant, who also is experienced in the arts of dark magic)

Characters that have been revealed so far...:

Spyro

Cynder

Vulcan

Flece

Ace

Glasel

Soulious

Prologue:

It's been 17 years since we last saw our heroes, yes they have grown rather old, Spyro and Cynder, but never the less, they are still just as as powerful as they use to be. For those who remember, Spyro was the one to save the planet and bring peace to the world, but, this only lasted for these 17 years......

One day, not to late after the time of these last 17 years of peace, did darkness rise up against good, Soulious, a son of Malefor, took over the country of which Spyro and Cynder lived in. After he did this he found Spyro, and simply touched a claw to him, and all of his power was drained from him, weakening Spyro. Soulious did the same to Cynder, and so he had both of them useless on the ground, but when he pinned them both and had the chance to end them...he let them live, although since this happened, Spyro and Cynder have never been found, as if they vanished.

For the next five months the many people and dragons prayed for hope, a hero to rise up against the darkness, except no one came..... All hope was lost, and darkness continued to spread, taking over the land, and having more and more people worship Soulious. With in time, all citizens of the country became slaves, and most, knowing of Spyros and Cynders disappearance, surrendered.
Not even the chronicler, Ignitus, knew what happened to them. So...the question remained: Would good ever rise against evil? No one knew....
~~~~~
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:27:45 08/11/2012 by Gem-A-Knight
#2 Posted: 00:04:49 08/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Whatever Happened to Spyro...
Chapter 1 (Intro)

"How could this happen?" Spyro wondered. Cynder stared at him. "How am I supposed to know?" she said. "Well you knew Malefor best, bieng possessed and all.." Spyro smirked. "So? Spyro why do I have to keep telling you, I knew nothing of Malefor having a son. Like I said, I've already told you everything I found out while possessed by Malefor. Nothing of which I told you is going to help us figure this out either." "Well what then!?" Spyro shouted. He turned around and sat in a corner with in the jail cell. Spyro shook his head. "More importantly, Spyro started, how do we defeat this guy? "It's like a simple touch from him causes us to be weakened and almost pass out." "I know..." Cynder said, disturbed. Spyro watched as his wife (Cynder) paced the room. "It also disturbs me why he didn't just kill us when he had the chance.." Cynder said "I mean he had us pinned and weakened, he could have just ended it, right then and there...but he didn't." "And then he just throws us in here for the next five months." Spyro muttered. "Exactly!" Cynder shouted, with a dazed look in her eyes. "I just don't understand! There must be SOME reason he left us alive." "Maybe he just didn't have what it takes." Spyro said.

"Oh please Spyro! This 'son of Malefor' was born from pure darkness. I'm sure he would have just killed us!" Cynder said irritated. "Behind any dark heart is a soul Cynder." Said Spyro. "Oh shut up with that!" Spyro just rolled his eyes. "How is it even possible that two thirty-five year olds are destroyed by a twenty-seven year old!?" Cynder said bewildered "Well if you think about it, that's like two thirteen year olds beating a forty-five year old. Oh and really... a thirty-five to a twenty-seven difference...really isn't that far apart in age. Plus, this guy seems to be a lot more powerful than Malefor somehow. It's as if Malefor thought ahead of time to tell his son absolutely everything he knew.... including our weaknesses." Spyro smiled up at Cynder. "What's wrong with you Spyro?" Spyro found himself a bit insulted. "Excuse me?" "Well seriously!? Your bieng a smart-alec. You're all like, the age difference isn't that far apart, and behind every black heart is a soul and bla bla bla! What's happened to you? You're all annoying and you just sit around not even bothering to at least TRY to break out of this jail cell were in! What happened to the Spyro I fell in love with?" Cynder said irritated. "Well first off we CAN'T break out considering the cell bars are made of steal, earth, and diamond. Secondly, if I'm not mistaken...I'd say you've developed a few tempter issues." Spyro said. "Why you!" Cynder said angrily. Spyro jerked backwards in the corner, frightened.

"Ahem!" spoke another voice. Cynder stopped herself and turned around to see a demon outside the cell bars. The demon took his hands and waved them across the bars. The bars slowly started to vanish. "The master will see you now." the demon grunted. Spyro got up and stood next to Cynder. He looked at her, nervous. Cynder returned the same look, although a bit more frustrated than nervous. The chains made of the same material as the cell bars turned visible on both Spyro and Cynder. They were perfectly chained so they could not attack in anyway, and since they had their powers drawn from them, they could not attack with elements either. Spyro and Cynder went ahead and followed the demon down a long spiraling trail to the base of the volcano, the bars to the cell reappearing behind them, and the chains on them tightening.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:24:24 08/11/2012 by Gem-A-Knight
#3 Posted: 00:05:33 08/11/2012 | Topic Creator
An Escape
Chapter 2

Vulcan gasped. He looked around with crazed eyes. "Where am I?" Vulcan wondered. Vulcan's voice was rather deep. He was a red dragon with green eyes. On his back were to large red wings. He also had some crooked horns, and dented armor.

[User Posted Image]

Vulcan looked around. It looked like he was in some large grassy fields, where the wind was blowing softly, and the sun was setting over the horizon. Vulcan stared straight forward, then closed his eyes.
He saw a memory, or vision of some sort. Before him stood two large dragons, but it was too dark to see their appearance. The two dragons stared at him. Suddenly they turned around. An even larger figure, still in the shape of a dragon, appeared. The dragon swooped down and attacked the two other dragons. They fought back fiercely trying to protect Vulcan, but the larger dragon only pushed them off. The one dragon, after so long, flew away and vanished.

Not to long afterwards, somethin erupted. The two dragons looked around and saw their home, the volcano, suddenly erupting. The dragons started to rampage. They flew to Vulcan and suddenly, Vulcan, found his vision blurring. Just in time, before it all went dark, he saw the two dragons bieng attacked once again. They didn't get up this time, and the lava, was just about to wash over the two..... Vulcan opened his eyes and found himself falling to the ground. He was frightened by what he just saw, but for a small second, what frightened him even more, is the fact that he could have sworn he knew the two dragons somehow. But he wasn't sure how. Without a clear image of who the dragons were, he had no clue who they were, yet he knew them somehow. Vulcan struggled to get up. After falling to the ground a few injuries, that until now he noticed, we're repulsed. He eased with pain, and looked at his armor.

"Where did I get this?" he wondered. He found his armor was awfully dented, which obviously confirmed that he really WAS injured, but yet again....he wasn't sure what had happened to him to cause these injuries. In fact, aside from the vision and where, or how got to where he was...Vulcan wasn't sure he even knew who he, himself, was. He looked around at himself. "I'm.....a dragon?" He wondered in his thoughts. "A name..." "Bob!" Vulcan shouted. He started to laugh at the thought. "No...that can't be right.." he said. Vulcan looked over the horizon of the fields to find the sun had set. He instantly realized, somehow, that he shouldn't be in one place at night. Vulcan, despite his injuries, tryed to take flight, and was successful. As he flew over the fields, not to sure where he was heading, he continued to think for hours, mostly about his vision, but also who he was. Around midnight, he started to fall asleep, causing him to start falling to the ground, though just in time he would catch himself and continue flying. Sooner or later he found himself flying over a forest.

"Maybe I should rest down there.." he thought. No, if something told him it was bad to sit in one spot at night...Vulcan knew for sure that of all the places a forest would be the worst spot to stand around and rest in. So he kept going. After so long Vulcan felt like he was imagining things fly pass him through the air, but he wasn't.... He looked around to find an arrow had shot past him and off into the distance. He looked down and instantly felt a strong pain in the side of his stomach. Vulcan looked around to find an arrow sticking out of him. He lost vision, and he started to fall unconscious into the forest. With a bit of hearing left, Vulcan heard foot steps come towards him, and he felt himself bieng lifted. "Well, well, well." said a raspy voice. "Won't the master just be pleased with what we found here?" "Ah yes." said another raspy voice, although a bit more high pitched. "We will be rewarded greatly!" the voice continued. Then, all sight, all hearing, and all sense of touch, left Vulcan, leaving him completely unconscious.
#4 Posted: 00:06:21 08/11/2012 | Topic Creator
An Escape
Chapter 2 (Cont...)

Vulcan gasped once again. He tryed to get up but felt even more pain then before. He looked around and found himself inside, what looked like, a dark cave. Vulcan remembered the arrow that had hit him, so he looked to the right side of his stomach, but nothing was there... Instead, he found that there was a harmless vine bandaging that went around his stomach. Not only this, but he also found that his armor was no longer dented. "Who..." "I did." spoke another voice. Vulcan whirled around and found to glowing pairs of eyes in a corner of the cave. "Sorry I startled you." spoke the creature. "Do not fear, I am not an enemy." Vulcan suddenly found himself blushing as the creature stepped out from the corner. He found that the creature was a beautiful female dragon. The body of the dragon was full of mixed colors such as yellows, greens, and a few hints of light orange. She had eyes that glowed gold, and wings that were a great bright pink. The dragon also wore a teeara, as well as garments that were made of very special looking fabric. There was also an emerald that hung down from the front of the garment.

[User Posted Image]

"Wow, umm, I.....uh....umm.....god you're beautiful!" Vulcan stuttered. The girl dragon blushed a bit. "Thanks." Her voice was soft and graceful. "Umm anyways...allow me to introduce myself." she continued. "I am Glasel." she stated. "And....I fixed your wound." Vulcan looked back to the right side of his stomach. "You did that?" He said, astounded. "Yes." said Glasel "I hope you don't mind, I'm an earth dragon you see? It allows me to take rocks, vines, diamond....anything found in the earths grounds pretty much, and use them for certain tasks, such as taking vines for bandaging." "Thanks." Vulcan said. "No problem." said Glasel. "Say...you wouldn't happen to have fixed my armor did you?" Vulcan wondered. "Actually....yes, yes I did. I'm sorry for getting so umm....close...to you, but I found the injury and the dents so I took action to fix things a bit....to help make you feel better." "Oh well... that's fine!" Vulcan shouted, but softly. "But how did you...." "Fix your armor?" Glasel finished. "Yeah." Vulcan agreed. "Well like I said... I have the power of earth, so I took some diamond and crafted it into a tool that would push the dents back in." "Hmm...that's quite a talent you've got there." Vulcan whistled. "Thanks." said Glasel. "But..." she started. "I don't know how I knew what to do with my abilities..." "What do you mean?" Vulcan asked. Glasel only shook her head. "I don't mean to pull you into this kind of situation but...you see...i don't know how I knew that, vines for instance, could be used as a good tool to cover wounds. And that I could craft tools out of rock or diamond." "So like...you're not really sure who you are?" Vulcan wondered.

"I'm afraid not..." Glasel said. "I mean..at least I know my name, and that I'm an earth dragon but...other than that...that's all I really know about myself." she explained. Vulcan just smiled at her. "To tell you the truth....I don't know who I am either." Vulcan said. "Really?" Glasel wondered. "Yep. And unlike you, I don't even know my name." Vulcan said. "Wow..." Glasel said astounded. "Do you remember ANYTHING about yourself?" Glasel asked. "No." Vulcan shrugged. "That's sad..." Glasel said. "I'm sure we can get it back soon." "We?" Vulcan wondered. "Why not?" Glasel wondered. Vulcan smiled. But then he frowned. He looked around and only now realized that he was trapped in a cave. "Why am i here?" Vulcan asked. "In this cave you mean?" Glasel asked. "Yeah." said Vulcan. "Well...as far as I remember, you were thrown in here by two demons, who one of them I assume shot you with that arrow, which made you unconscious." "Is there a way we can get out?" Vulcan asked. "I'm afraid not." said Glasel. "Well, what's Gona happen to us?" Vulcan asked, worried.

"I don't know." said Glasel. "Well...there's gotta be some way out of here.." "I'm sorry Vulcan but....see we are about fifteen feet below the surface, and the bars to the cell door up above are made of earth, diamond, and steal, almost impossible to break unless you have fire breath that goes up to about three-hundred thousand degrees." Glasel said, rolling her eyes. "Well, if part of the cell bars are made of earth...can't you break them then?" Vulcan asked. "No. The bars also contain steal, which makes it impossible for me to break." "Because its not a substance of earth?" Vulcan finished. Glasel nodded.
#5 Posted: 00:07:08 08/11/2012 | Topic Creator
An Escape
Chapter 2 (Cont...)

Suddenly, the cave started to rumble. "W-what's happening!?" Vulcan shouted.
"I don't know!" Screached Glasel. The cave continued to rumble, shaking harder, and harder, by the moment. Glasel flew forward and up a hole in the cave. She found the cell bars of the cell door and did her best to squeeze her eyes through them. As Glasel watched, she noticed a volcano erupting. She looked farther down and found a whole pool of lava coming straight Glasel's and Vulcan's way. "Lava!" Glasel screamed. She flew back down the whole and to Vulcan. "Lava is heading this way at an intense speed! If we don't get out of here....we're done for." Vulcan hesitated, half calm, and half terrified. Then, it all clicked. "Look...I know because I don't remember anything I might be a bit useless to you, but you've gotta listen to me!" Glasel stared at Vulcan, then nodded. "Ok." she said

. "Right so, remember when you said nothing could break the cell bars unless fire at a temperature of three-hundred thousand degrees came and melted them?" Vulcan asked. "Yeah..." Glasel said. "If we time it just right, the lava should burn through the cell bars creating a hole for us to fly out of, just before the lava poors in here." Vulcan said. Glasel hesitated. "No. That isn't going to work... There has to be another way." Glasel said. "But there's not." Vulcan said. The cave started to rumble even more. "The lava is closing in." Vulcan stated. "This is the only way Glasel." She stared at him. "I guess you're right." Glasel agreed. Vulcan nodded. "Let's go!" he said. The two of them flew to the cell doors and waited. "What happens if this doesn't work?" Glasel asked. Vulcan hesitated. "Then we go down." he said. "You're brave aren't you?" Glasel wondered. "I guess I am." Vulcan shrugged. The lava was awfully close now, almost to the cell doors. "Ready?" Vulcan asked. Glasel nodded. "Ready." she said.

The lava instantly flew over the cave doors, burning through the cell bars. "Go!" Vulcan shouted. But to late. The lava had already caved in, leaving no way for the two of them to escape. Glasel screamed in terror and flew down to the back of the cave, with Vulcan, feeling a bit more conscious of the lava attempting to burn him up, following behind her. Vulcan stopped to see Glasel curled up in the back of the cave, terrified, with tears coming out her eyes. Vulcan looked at her. "Don't let it kill me!" she said with a sad voice. Vulcan, for some reason at this moment, felt like he really HAD to stop the lava, he came this far, and didn't want himself, as well as Glasel, to die. Vulcan stood in front of Glasel, keeping his ground. He watched as the lava flew towards him, feelling half brave, half sad, and half terrified. He opened his mouth and then, everything exploded. Glasel, wondering why the lava had STILL not yet reached her, opened her eyes, and saw that the lava was literally one foot away from her, but it was stopped in its position.

She got a better look and saw that, absolutely amazed, Vulcan, was blowing an extremely fierce fire into the lava, slowly pushing it back. Glasel followed behind Vulcan as he moved forward with his fire, pushing the lava back farther, farther, and farther. With in time, Vulcan had the lava cramped back in the other side of the cave. Glasel, not quite sure what she was thinking, using her earth power, pulled a whole wall out from the ground and in front of the lava. With the lava trapped, Vulcan and Glasel flew out through the burned cell bars of the cell door.

Many hours passed as Vulcan and Glasel flew through the air, startled, and amazed by what had just happened. It was until now that Glasel broke the silence. "That....was amazing! Vulcan do you even understand what you just did? You took a simple fire breath and totally slashed it into the lava pushing it back! You should be amazed at yourself!" "I know.....but for some reason....I feel like I've always had such an ability. After what just happened.... I feel as though, a few memory's of my powers have been returned to me. I really should be thankful to have my memory coming back but still.... It's like...somewhere in the past, I've taken my fire power to an even higher level, that has done so much more for me, so in that case...I just don't feel that amazed by the fact that I did that because somehow I KNOW I have even greater powers." Vulcan faced Glasel. "Does that make any sense?" "Mmm, sort of....I still think, to me anyway, that that was truly amazing!" Vulcan managed to at least put on a smile. "Well...I guess I know I'm a fire dragon now...right?" "Yeah!" Glasel said excitedly. "So that shows that your memory is already coming back!" "Yeah." Vulcan said.

The two continued to chat about the amazing stuff that had happened that day, as well as getting to know each other a bit better, or Vulcan getting to know Glasel a bit better anyway. After so long, when the moon had rose, the two settled down in an open valley where, now that they had each other and had not to many worries about the dangers of night, rested in peace. Once they got up tomorrow morning though, the time would sooner or later come to ask where, just where, these to we're destined to travel to....
#6 Posted: 00:08:02 08/11/2012 | Topic Creator
The Blade
Chapter 3

Vulcan awoke to a beautiful morning. He stood up and stretched like a cat after a long nap. After so long of flying without sleep, and with the wounds he had healed, it felt great to rest and stretch out his muscles. Vulcan yawned, then looked around to find Glasel twirling around in the sky. She flew gracefully, and quicker than Vulcan had ever imagined possible. Glasel looked like she was a beautiful bird who felt happy and free to finally be out of some tightly locked cage.

After a few minutes Glasel finally noticed Vulcan staring up at her, so she descended down next to Vulcan. "Well good morning sleepy head!" Glasel grinned. "So..." Vulcan started. "Now that we're both up..where should we be headed?" he asked. Glasel frowned for a moment but hen just smiled cheerfully again. "What's the rush?" she wondered. "It's not like we have anything important to do." she said. Vulcan narrowed his eyes. Then Glasel looked at Vulcan with a sad face. "Look..." Glasel started. "I understand you want to figure out who you are and all but.." she stopped herself. "What?" Vulcan wondered. "It's just.....maybe you should start new, forget the past." she said.

"Glasel, why though? I've come this far to find I have amazing powers but, you want me to just forget all of that? When I found you....you said two demons brought me back to that cave. Don't you realize they put us there to kill us?" Vulcan wondered. Glasel just looked down at her feet. "Well....I'm sorry but I just don't....wanna get involved in some war that might be the conclusion to us trying to fight our way to get yours and my memory back." Glasel said. "Come on...please...I see this vision every here and there that I feel like is so important to me somehow, and have this feeling that I'm here for SOME reason, other than flying around all cheerful all day." Vulcan said. "And what about my name?" he continued.

"I know im making it sound like its all about me here but still....there must be someone out there who can help us!" Vulcan said. Glasel finally decided to look at him straight in the eye. "I do wanna know your name...." she said. She hesitated. "Alright." Glasel said. "But...only until you get your memory back." Glasel said. Glasel looked like she was hiding something, for she looked at the ground repeatedly, nervous. Vulcan decided to just leave it though. "Thanks." Vulcan said, smiling. Glasel just nodded slightly. "Now then!" Glasel started. "If we are going to get your memory back it's best we get advice from others at a village of some sort." Glasel stated. "Well where's the nearest village?" Vulcan wondered. "Don't ask me how I know but...I believe we are only twenty minutes away from 'Olarmusk village.'" she said. "Hmph, alright then." Vulcan muttered. "Are you sure getting my memory back by finding villagers and asking them how I can retrieve it will work?" Vulcan wondered.

"Of course, what's your worry?" she asked. Vulcan's eyes narrowed. "I know I don't know much but...I can just feel that dealing with memory loss isn't something a villager would deal with to well." Vulcan said. "Oh don't worry about it!" Glasel said. "Now...are we going? Or do you expect to talk to me more about this all day?" she said. "Sorry.." Vulcan said. So the two took flight, and headed north.
#7 Posted: 00:08:27 08/11/2012 | Topic Creator
The Blade
Chapter 3 (Cont...)

After twenty minutes, as Glasel had predicted, the two started to see a small village coming into view. They settled down in front of the welcome sign which read:'Welcome to Olarmusk!' As Glasel and Vulcan walked into the village they saw all sorts of things. They found themselves walking into a forest where many houses and cabins were built. Vulcan was looking to his right and saw strange mole type creatures walking around caring all kinds of food like bread, in fact, most of it WAS bread, in some cases there was a bit of meat as well, but other than this, it was all bread. Vulcan found himself bieng stared at, so he fixed his eyes forward. Glasel, on the other hand, was looking to her left, and saw dragons, not moles. They all looked sad though, but they looked at her with smiling faces. Glasel looked forward as well, a bit frightened.

"So we just go up and ask them?" Vulcan whispered to Glasel. "Uhh....on second thought–" Well hello there fellow travelers!" interrupted another voice. Glasel and Vulcan turned around to find a large dragon behind them. "Allow me to introduce myself." the villager spoke. "I am....Goul!" The dragon said, with hesitation. "Please! Come with me travelers!" Glasel eyed Vulcan with suspicion, but Vulcan only shrugged and followed Goul. As they walked, Vulcan and Glasel suddenly found the village empty. Everyone that was outside and walking around, had suddenly vanished. Goul stopped in front of a large gate, which not before long, opened. Glasel and Vulcan continued to follow Goul, and the gate closed behind them.

The three approached a castle and stopped in front of it. As the dragon, Goul, turned around to face Vulcan and Glasel, Vulcan, was able to get a better look at the dragon. He looked silver, and had eyes of pure purple and red, as well as a large crystal that hung around him, just like Glasel's, though it was blue. "Come inside." Goul said. His voice seemed to get deeper by the moment. The doors to the castle opened, and Glasel and Vulcan entered. "Well, well, well." Goul said. "If it isn't Glasel and Vulcan." Glasel jerked backward a bit, startled. Goul turned around to face them. "Vulcan?" Glasel said. "Yes dear, the one who stands next to you with the lost memory, is Vulcan." Glasel eyed him a bit.

"How...how do you know?" he asked Goul. "Because children, you see, I was VERY aware that the two of you might so easily escape my trap, the cave." Vulcans eyes widened. "You were the one who tryed to kill us!?" Vulcan shouted. "Yes fools! Hasn't anything become clear to you yet?" Goul just shook his head. "Sorry, I meant, Glasel." Glasel walked backward a bit. "It's to late now girl!" Gouls said. "I know that you have strange visions of the future! It's the only reason you looked so nervous coming here! Tell me, dont you see one who possesses a power that I need bieng killed, that you care about?" Goul wondered. "Stop it!" Glasel shouted at him. Goul just hummed with excitement. "Oh but, I am getting far to ahead of myself. Allow me to PROPERLY introduce myself...I am Lord Soulious!" Glasel jumped in the air and thrashed at Soulious. Soulious, with unbelievable reflexes, just caught Glasel by the throat. Soulious laughed. "Let...me...g-GO!" Glasel choked. "As you wish young one!" Soulious squeezed her tight, and then through her to the wall of the castle, cracking the wall. Glasel gasped for air.

"Vulcan...the...crystal....take it!" Vulcan dashed for Glasel, but then she stopped him. "On...SOULIOUS!!!" she yelled with all her might. Vulcan, looked over to see the blue crystal shining on Soulious. "Take it if you dare child! You will only make things worse for yourself! Without your blade, even with the power of fire that you posses, you are too weak to dare take me on!" Vulcan charged. But Soulious simply side stepped and thrusted out his paw, in a fist, and smashed Vulcan to the ground. Vulcan sore with pain, did his best to get back up. Vulcan charged once again but, Soulious put out a paw, and Vulcan smashed into an invisible shield that seemed to have formed around Soulious. Vulcan fell to the ground, and Soulious put a paw on Vulcans chest. "Say your prayers pest!" Solious yelled. Vulcan didn't budge. Soulious lifted a paw, and a massive blade appeared in his hands. He lifted the hilt of the blade, then thrusted it towards Vulcan.

Suddenly, there was a blinding light. "Agh!" Soulius yelled. He dropped his sword because the light was so blinding. With in the situation, a figure flew by Soulious's chest, and snatched the crystal off of him. "Nooooo!!!" Soulious yelled. Solious started to glow, then, he imploded into sparkly dust, and vanished.
#8 Posted: 00:09:21 08/11/2012 | Topic Creator
The Blade
Chapter 3 (Cont...)

"Vulcan!" Glasel yelled. The bright light had finally dissipated, and Glasel had brought Vulcan outside. "Vulcan!" she yelled again. Vulcans eyes started to open. "Oh thank goodness!" Glasel said. "Are you ok?" Vulcan slowly got up. His muscles were strained and scratched, with all kinds of dirt covering the wounds, but still some blood leaking out. Vulcan looked at the dirt covered wounds with a confused look. "Dirt? Why dirt?" Vulcan asked. "Oh, I'm sorry..I...didn't find anything else to use. I'm just happy you're alive." Glasel said.

"What happened back there?" Vulcan asked. "You were almost killed." Glasel frowned. "Looks like I saved your life this time." she grinned. Vulcan chuckled a bit, though it hurt. "I know your wondering, about my visions, that crystal, and your blade." Glasel said. "I know where we must go to find your sword. As for the rest..." she hesitated. "I'll tell you on our way." Vulcan nodded, though still a bit confused. "How did you save me though?" Vulcan wondered. "That has to with the crystal. You see Solious has holographic crystals that allow duplicates of Solious to be in multiple places at once. The only flaw in this is, if he or someone else takes off his holographic crystal, the duplicate shatters to pieces." Glasel explained.

"But if they're holograms..." Vulcan started. "How was I able to take such a beating?" Vulcan asked. "Oh, Solious calls his crystals 'holigraphic' but really the holograms are solid clones, that's why." Glasel looked around. "I'll explain the rest, but for now, let's start making our way to the volcano, where you were born." Vulcans eyes widened. Glasel jumped off the ground and into the air. Vulcan followed.

As the two of them descended through the air, Glasel started to explain the situation. "Vulcan." Glasel started. "For many months Solious has been searching for us to kill us. Why you might ask? Because you and I hold the key to Solious defeat. Now, we AREN'T the ones to kill Solious, but, we are the ones who hold the key that another dragon, who IS the one to kill, needs in order to defeat him. As you know, I dont remember much, so I'm not very aware of HOW to get this key, but we need to find it. It is the ONLY way to Solious's defeat, nothing else will kill him." Glasel finished. "Is this why you wanted to back out so bad?" Vulcan wondered. Glasels eyes narrowed.

"You mean, because I was afraid to face this situation?" Glasel asked. Vulcan nodded. "Thought so." Glasel said. "I'm awfully sorry about it though. Considering you and I were destined to.....do this....I shouldn't have backed out like that and let the whole entire world down." Glasel frowned. Vulcan looked at her. "It's ok. You came through in the end." Vulcan said. "It's not the end yet." Glasel said. "So, what about this sword?" Vulcan wondered. "Ah, right, almost forgot." she said." "You see, back where you live, deep with in the depths of the volcano lies a blade. This blade is the power that YOU need in order to help me take down Solious, to repel evils forces. Now I'm not so sure what will happen when you daw the sword, but I do know that all your powers of your past will be restored." Glasel stated. Vulcan stared forward.

"How did you know that I had to do all of this?" Vulcan asked. "Because I see small parts of the future in my visions." she said. "Oh, now I remember. I guess I slightly understand a bit more of what's happening now but...what about my memory?" he wondered. "I'm not sure." Glasel said. "Just focus on drawing the sword first." she concluded. "Right." Vulcan agreed.

After so many hours, they reached the volcano. They flapped there wings over the top, then Glasel dived to the bottom of it, to the bottom of the lava rock. Vulcan proceeded to do the same. Vulcan landed just next to Glasel, and stared forward. In the center of the lava rock lied the mighty blade....though it seemed to be swarmed with a wierd dark, shadow like, steam.

The blade you seek Vulcan...is just before you, take it, but be aware, that this will only trigger Solious to rampage even more in making sure of your death. Vulcan looked around. Who said that? he thought.Though Vulcan focused on the task at hand, and started to walk towards the sword, without hesitation. "Vulcan..I'm not so sure about this...your sword, it looks cursed." Glasel warned, but Vulcan only ignored her. He approached the blade and put his paw on the hilt, then, he blacked out....
#9 Posted: 00:10:03 08/11/2012 | Topic Creator
The Forest....The Search of the Evil banes Weapon
Chapter 4

Ace ran for his life on all fours deep with in the forest. He looked around behind him to see the hundreds of demons chasing after him, with bows in their hands. Don't stop running Ace, those things are gaining, and you are weak. spoke a voice inside of Ace's head.

But that's the problem, they ARE gaining. Ace argued in his head, to the voice. I still advise you do not stop, it's better safe than sorry. spoke the voice. Ace hesitated, but he knew he wouldn't get away from the demons. I'm sorry, but i can see they will catch me, so its at least worth the shot to take them down. He spoke through his mind. Very well...I suppose as long as I am a simple voice in your mind I cannot stop you, but at least let me give my knowledge that I have to refresh your abilities. the voice said.

Ace was a green dragon, he had pointed gold horns, and gold like eyes. His wings were long and orange. Ace also wore a small gold helmet on his head, as well as dull green wrapping that went around his two front ankles.

[User Posted Image]

Ace started to find himself glowing, and memory's came in, reminding him of amazing power and strength he remembered how to use. Ace stopped in his tracks, turned around, and readied himself.
With memory of his fighting skills, Ace had no hesitation in his battling. He flew forward, dodging arrow after arrow, and with in time, dodging one by jumping and managing to catch it. Ace took the arrow and threw it with extreme speed right down the middle of a demon. The arrow went strait through the demon, and he fell over, crumpling to the ground. Ace came forward and started to use his earth power, one of his elements. He pulled huge sharply pointed gemstones out from the earth, digging right through demons.

One came up then jabbed a demon through the forehead. Another came right under the feet smashing the demon just between the legs, and causing it to pass out. Ace saw a demon charge at him, so he pulled a rock wall from the ground, and caused the demon to hit it with great force, then go flying backward, nocking into another demon, causing them to get stacked on one and another. With that, Ace, pulled a nicely pointed gemstone from the ground, jabbing between the stomachs of the two stacked demons. Ace continued to knock down and kill demons, though they just kept coming. He only had one option that, might drain his powers and strength, but maybe finsh them off.

Ace curled in a ball and pulled hard rock from the ground, clasping it around him, making a nice ball that Ace could now roll in. He flew forward, and knocked all kinds of demons to the ground, then jumped in the air in his ball, and slammed down on the backs or chests of demons, either breaking their spines, or cutting off their oxygen. After so many kills, Ace found himself against two larger demons, who held large blades, though Ace simply knocked them down then smashed them from the air. Worn out by all the energy Ace had used, he let go of the rock ball he was in, and paused to take a breather.

He looked around and saw no demons left. Each and every one were sprawled on the ground, with blood leaking out, or they were simply knocked unconscious. Either way, with the time Ace had saved for himself, he dashed forward. Ace ran for many feet until he was stopped in his tracks. Out in his way stood a snake like creature. It wore red armor, and had black leather that hooked the armor. The head was longer and thicker than a cobras body. It had razor sharp teeth, and yellow eyes that had a strange red spot, which he assumed would be the pupil in the eye.

Ace, be careful, the creature that stands before you is definitely not one to mess with. spoke the voice. As Ace got a better look at the creature he noticed the mouth had a great set of venom, enough that it seemed to mix with the creatures saliva. He also found it had a black blade, perfectly curved so it could make a nice clean slice through anything that got in this creatures way. Considering these facts, Ace took the voices advice, and ran for his life.

Ace continued to look behind himself, watching as the creature came nearer. After so many times of looking back, he started noticing that this thing had the legs of an eleven foot tall man. With every step the creature took, it came closer to Ace by about, five feet. With that, Ace tryed to mess with the monster. He would make sharp turns through trees, then twirl around going in all kinds of spirals around the thin trees, though the creature seemed to simply slither through the trees and have no hesitation in following Aces path.

With all the energy Ace had already used, he was fairly exhausted, which made it very hard to try and keep away from the creature, especially at the pace this thing was keeping. After so many turns and misleading paths Ace made for the creature, he found himself reaching an opening. With that, Ace pushed himself to move forward. He finally came out from the forest to abruptly stop at an edge of a cliff. Ace turned around hoping to dash back in the forest and continue forward, though the creature had already cornered him.

Ace backed up farther towards the ledge, enough that his foot almost scooted off the edge. He yelped for a second. He stared into the creatures eyes as it drew near. What do I do!? He yelled in his thoughts. He expected for the voice to guide him, although, there was no response. The creature started to raise its blade, ready to slice Aces head off. With no other options, Ace opened his mouth, not very sure what he was doing. He lowered his head. The creature then took its blade and, attempted to slice at Ace. With Aces mouth open, he managed to counter attack, and capture the blade in his mouth. He started to play tug of war with it, using all kinds of strength to forcibly take the blade away from the monsters hand.

Ace finally managed to take it away from it, though using such strength, that he took the blade and threw it in the air. With the blade out of the monsters hands, it reluctantly readied its head, intending to lunge out and take a good bite from Ace. As Ace stood, frozen on the spot, he noticed the blade he had thrown coming down from the air. The blade came down and, just as the creature was ready to strike, bonked it on the head with the blades handle. This caused the monster to lose balance, and have its eyes rolling in all directions. It tryed several times to regain its footing, but failed. Finally, after one last try, the creature came on one foot, and backed up to the left side of the ledge, then fell off.

The thing screeched as it hurdled towards the ground, from the fifty foot high cliff it had fallen from. Ace watched as the monster shrieked, then hit the ground so hard, it created a crater in the ground. With the last of Aces energy, just to ensure that it wouldn't climb back up, still half alive, he pulled a large cylinder made of gemstone from the ground with such force, the monster catapulted through the air, screaming. Then Ace silently watched the thing as it flew off into the distance. Awfully exhausted, Ace still managed to get a hold of himself, then dash off, deeper into the forest.
#10 Posted: 00:10:56 08/11/2012 | Topic Creator
The Forest....The Search of Evil Banes Weapon
Chapter 4 (Cont...)

After so long, positive that Ace had escaped any enemys, he started to slow his pace, and walk the rest of the way. Where am i even going? He asked in his thoughts. To the weapon you need to finish off the dark lord. spoke the voice. What is that weapon anyway? You'll find out... Hmm... Ace groaned.

Quite the trick you pulled off on that Gerudo. The what? The Gerudo. the voice confirmed.
It was that strange snake like creature you fought off. Oh yeah..that thing. Ace remembered. Why didn't you respond when I asked for help? Ace asked. Because I expected for you to figure it out yourself. the voice said. That's ubnocious. Ace responded with. Ace, your destination approaches. As Ace looked forward, he found himself nearing an opening.

He walked out to find himself in the middle of a nice lighted opening.he didn't walk out of the forest, but he had walked into a wide circular opening surrounded by trees, along with a bit of sunlight shining through the opening. Ace looked all around him. It seemed like nothing but a circle of trees, although there was a small log in the middle, where a full grown tree must have once stood. The light came down, shining onto the log. At long last. the voice said. The voice in Aces mind sounded even louder than it did before. Woa. Ace said bewildered. Your voice is rather loud. Ace said. I'll explain later, but for now.. the voice cut out

Hello? Ace wondered. Ace stared forward, and started to realize that the light shining on the log was beginning to twirl and twist. He watched as the light grew brighter, brighter, then absolutely blinding.
Ace fell to the ground. Doing his best to catch a glimpse of what was happening, he squinted, and saw a dragon start to shape in the light. He didn't get much detail, but the dragon had large wings, a crystal that hung down from the neck, and also short horns that slightly curved. After so long, his eye sight started to focus again. Though as he watched, the dragon he saw in the light was twirling around, turning into one large ball of light.

The light flew down, and struck the log. As this happened, the ball of light started to transform, creating a shape on the log. The light dissipated, and flew into the center of the object. Ace approached the object, and grabbed a hold of it. It was a bow. It was shaped perfectly, the edges of the bow curving off so it held the string tightly. It was made of silkly wood, and the middle held a green gem, although it seemed rather dim. On both sides of the gem were feather like carvings made of silver, crafted into the bow.

Ace held it high. He noticed a socket that also settled on the log. Without hesitation, he grabbed the socket and placed the bow in a silver socket. He took the strap that attached it and threw it around his neck, which after he did so, he found the bow held nice and tight to the right of his stomach. Aces eyes narrowed, and he saw a gold socket that was just beside the socket of which the bow was held.

Ace.. the voice said, though it sounded like it wasn't in his head anymore. He looked around, and wondered if the creature that the voice came from was near. Ace, you may have noticed that my voice sounds more public now. the voice said. This is because my voice this whole time has been translated through this bow. But until now, the only way I could speak to you was by linking to your mind. "Who are you?" Ace said out loud.

His voice was like Vulcans, although it was more of a higher pitch. You will find out, though for now, it is your job to take your bow to the person who has arrows, crafted by the one who meant for the arrows to be passed down to the owner of the bow, you, Ace. "So...this is the weapon that I'm destined to use against the dark lord?" Ace wondered. Indeed. Also, if you continue down, deeper in the forest where the darkest of creatures lurk, you will find the next clue to your destiny. "Alright.." Ace said. "This gold socket is meant for the arrows right?" Ace wondered.

Yes, though the person you look for is not in the forest, there is another reason you must lurk farther down in the woods. the voice said. **"Why then?" Ace asked. You will find out, but for now, my only advice is...listen for the music that guides you to peace. "What?" Ace asked. Though the voice didnt answer. With that, Ace decided to follow those orders, and proceed deeper into the woods. While he did so, he tryed to remind himself of that particular sentence of which the voice spoke of, 'Listen for the music that guides you to peace' the voice had said. I wonder what that means... As Ace thought about it more, he proceeded farther into the woods, where he found the forest getting rapidly darker, though the sun was still shining...
#11 Posted: 00:11:49 08/11/2012 | Topic Creator
The Song of Memory's
Chapter 5

Ace rushed through the forest. As he watched everything was getting darker, darker, and darker. He found it may as well get pitch black soon enough. What was happening? He wondered in his mind. The sun was still shining he could tell, for the tiniest rays of sunshine came through the tops of trees. It was the only source of light that allowed Ace to see where he was going. Sometimes he would hear groans and crunching leaves. Occasionally there were golden lights that appeared in the darkness as well, floating, in thin air. Aces heart was racing. He was already worn down by the army of demons chasing him earlier as well as the Gerudo, and yet, he felt a strange urge that he would soon enough have to use his powers to defend himself.

As he continued forward, the moaning stopped. There were no more golden lights, or rays of sunshine to show where Ace was going. Nor were there any crunching leaves. Everything went silent, except for the excessive patting of Aces feet on the ground. But, there're was also another sound. It sounded like water. A waterfall, he thought. Ace suddenly found himself in a clearing, where dark red rays of light shined through. He stopped in his tracks. He looked around to see a waterfall...but it was purple, as if massively infected with some poison or pollution. He decided it was best not to find out, so he backed away from it. Ace looked to the ground. The ground was now made of hard solid rock, smoothed out nicely so it made a less lumpy path. There were no longer leaves either.

No...there were now bones. As Ace looked back, he realized ever since he entered deeper in the forest, there never were leaves, just bones. Bones, scattered every where. Ace looked in front of him. His whole body froze. He saw another golden light, though, he saw more than just that. He noticed a whole head attached to it. The thing was staring at him. It had pure white hair, and it had only one eye, which was the golden light. It's mouth was clamped shut, in a stiched like manner.

Ace backed up. He saw a hand reach out from the shadows. It was all purple and lumpy, and ripped. Ace felt his heart stop. The creature finally stepped out from the shadows and into the dark red light. Both it's arms **and hands were ripped, purple, and lumpy. The whole creatures body was actually purple all together. It wasn't lumpy though, just in the shoulders, arms, hands, and feet. The things chest looked like it was sucked in so much that, not only could you see it's ribs, but it seemed like if you went up and touched it, the whole thing would rip open. It's stomach bulged out like a balloon. And it wore a torn tunic that went around its waste. And the legs, on it's left, a whole stiff purple leg held it up, but on its right, half of it was missing.

It was just from the waste down to the knee. Somehow, even with half a leg missing, the thing stood up strait, or on its legs, the body itself was hunched over. With all the horrifying features, Ace could only figure the first thing that came to mind, that it was indeed, a zombie. The zombie came towards him, shifting it's left foot, not picking it up from the ground. If it did, the zombie would most likely fall face flat on the ground. Ace looked around, there were no other creatures in sight. With that, Ace took the opportunity to take it down. He charged, but the zombie fell pieces on the ground before Ace could ram him. Ace instead found himself head butting a tree. He quickly got back and whirled around. The zombie's body parts quickly resembled into place. Ace watched in horror. The zombie came limping towards him again.

Ace attempted to charge for its feet, but as he did so, the zombies body lifted itself up and off it's legs and behind Ace. He captured the legs but ran into another tree. The legs in Aces hands flew out and walked themselves over to the zombie, though the right one, considering half of it was gone, slithered around like a snake and over to the zombie. The zombie jumped back on its legs, took off its head and threw at Ace, losing its arm in the process.

The head came flying and knocked Ace senseless. The head was as hard as stone! Ace struggled to get up. He tryed to think while the creature caught its head after rebounding off of Ace and put its arm back on. What could he do? This thing was invincible, if he knocked one body part off, it simply reattached itself to the zombie. Ace had also used a lot of energy using his elemental attacks. Anymore with his earth power and he would drop to the ground unconscious. He could only think of one other thing....he had to make a break for it.

Ace was already very aware of all the golden lights that he had previously seen, so he wasn't very fond of the idea to run forward, but he had no choice. Ace ran forward, heart racing. He ran past the zombie and went forward. Ace looked back to see it disappearing into the distance, but noticed it wasn't even trying to limp after him. When Ace looked forward...he knew why. Thousands, no, millions of zombies approached him, arms reaching out. He scattered backward away from them. He thought he had escaped them, but no.

Another army of zombies approached him. He looked back and then forward. He was surrounded. The army's filled both the right and left corners. Ace spread his wings out, ready to take flight, even though they were awfully injured. He flew upward, but when he did so, his wi gs started to catch fire. He yelped, and dropped back to the ground. Ace....the red light....you cannot escape. the voice said to Ace. He dropped back in the middle of the army, and braced himself. The millions of zombies attacked him, and picked him up. They hurdled him back, towards the purple waterfall. He fell to the ground, just in front of it.

Ace stood up, and watched as the army of zombies attempted to come closer to Ace, surrounding him in front of the waterfall. He looked behind him, the water was steaming, bubbling. Then, before he knew it, millions of hands reached out from the water, and pulled him in. Ace was unconscious, and the zombies continued to drag him down, deeper, and deeper.
#12 Posted: 00:12:16 08/11/2012 | Topic Creator
The Song of Memory's
Chapter 5 (Cont...)

Vulcan looked around, everything was pitch black. It seemed as though he was floating in mid air. He looked forward, and saw a bright light, getting larger. Was he dead? He wondered. No, as the light approached him, Vulcan found himself in the middle of a scene, one that looked very familiar. There were two dragons. A female, and a male, staring at a much younger male dragon. The younger dragon was red, with black armor. It was Vulcan.

With that, Vulcan knew what he was seeing. It was the vision he saw when he awoke in the grassy fields, before he met Glasel. As he watched he realized that the two larger dragons were much clearer. He noticed the female was graceful and friendly looking. She was red, though she had a slight orange mixture, her eyes were dark brown. The Male was mighty and burly looking. He was a pure dark red, and had light geen eyes. He also had horns that curved and pointed sharply. Vulcan continued to watch, admiring the three of them. Suddenly, a mighty, purple and black colored dragon flew forth.

He had horns that bent at a corner, then pointed at a crooked angle. He attempted to charge the two dragons. The fought back, scratching, and blowing, with fierce fires. The dragon laughed, and flew away. Off in the distance there was an eruption, the volcano. The large purple black dragon came forth, smirked at the two of them, then flew off. The two female and male dragons looked at Vulcan with pitifull eyes. "Take care Vulcan." The male said. " May our love last deep in your heart, forever" the female said. The female grabbed Vulcan and concentrated. As Vulcan watched, he vanished into thin air, out of the females arms. The two dragons turned around, and started to take flight, but, the lava from the volcano lashed like a whip, and took them down. The two burned.

As the female sank down eyes closing...Vulcan saw a single tear in her right eye, then she was gone. The scene vanished. Vulcans eyes opened. He was in the volcano, laying on the ground, Glasel hovering over him. Vulcan could feel his face wet. "Vulcan?" Glasel wondered. She looked frightened. "Are you ok?" Vulcan struggled to get up. "You had all kinds of tears rolling out your eyes while you were passed out." Glasel said. "What happened?" "My parents...." Vulcan started. "They burned.....died. Malefor...some large dragon named Malefor...he blew up our home.

He killed my parents. My parents used the time they had to escape....to save me. They used ALL their time to save me, when, they could have escaped....so they died." Glasel frowned. "That's....horrible!" she said.

Vulcan only stared at her. He got up on all fours, and saw the blade he had pulled...lying on the ground. He picked it up, and narrowed his eyes. "Glasel....if you knew how to retrieve my memory then....do you know....why?" "Why what?" Glasel asked. "Why that happened." Vulcan confirmed. Your parents death?" Vulcan nodded. "I'm sorry...I wish I did but...I don't." "Figures." Vulcan groaned. "When I saw my vision....more clearly.." Vulcan started. "I noticed...how small I was. I'm thirteen, I'm sure if it....but on the vision...I looked about eight. It's like...I've been sleeping for five years." Vulcan stated. "It's until now that I woke up." Glasel tryed to follow what he was saying.

"Vulcan..." Glasel started. "You know, I was thinking this would happen. I brought you to your blade because...a voice was calling for me. It told me, The prayers of one that I've been given, have been granted. You must take a young dragon named, Vulcan, to this blade, and then, a piece of his memory will be resolved.

Those were the exact words I heard. I figured from the moment I saw you...in the jail cell, that it was you Ive been looking for." Glasel concluded. Vulcan looked bewildered. "If you knew who I was..then how come you didn't tell me this whole time?" He wondered. "Because the voice cautioned that the sword must be the thing to show you a vision more clearly, to help your memory. There for, I could not tell you. Although, now that I have accomplished this task, I was told that a song was the thing to finish your memory. The problem is...I have no clue what this "song" is, or where to find it." Glasel said. "Well this is just great!" Vulcan shouted "To think you were gonna back out on the world, and on me and my memory. Not only that, but now you have no clue where to go next!? Now what are we supposed to do!?" Vulcan yelled, frustrated.

"Vulcan, first off, you have to forgive me! I was, and still am, like you were. Confused, out raged, and afraid! You think this is easy for me!? A voice that comes out of no where and tells me I'm part of some, legend, thats said to be prophecy that explains a number of dragons who all take part in saving the planet before its destruction, AND, this vision of this dragon dying, who apparently I care about, a lot! This is so much harder than you can imagine! And you yelling at me, is not helping either!" Glasel Yelled in Vulcans face. Vulcan frowned, awfully startled. "I-I'm sorry." He stuttered.

Glasel had tears coming out her eyes. She just shook her had in frustration. "And now you do that! You act all sweet and pitifull and sorry!" Glasel whimpered. Childeren... said a voice. Glasel whipped the tears off her eyes, and looked at Vulcans sword. "Did your sword just talk!?" Glasel wondered, bewildered. "Great! Now I'm really losing it!" Glasel said. "No...I heard it to.." Vulcan agreed. Do not question anything Childeren...I have limited time. I am linking through Vulcans sword. "Who are you then?" Vulcan asked.

Please...things will be explained, don't worry, but for now, I do not have time for questions. Listen to me, there is forest only a few minutes away from here. The song that the two of you search for is deep with in there. You must hurry, when you hear music, do not deny it, move towards it. But move cautiously, frightening things lay deep with in the forest, the two of you must stay close to one another. Do you understand? Glasel and Vulcan nodded.

Very well...but before you go, Vulcan, brace yourself, I am about to fill you with the knowledge of the blade that you once had. Vulcan looked around. "Uhh how exactly?" Vulcan wondered, but there was no response. Suddenly, Vulcan felt his sword vibrating. Golden light beamed from his sword. Vulcan flew backward from the amazing force the light carried. He jammed into the wall. Glasel yelped, and rushed to his aid. She tryed to stand him up, but the light in the sword suddenly pulsed, and Glasel flew backward.

The blade started to grow longer, not by much, but a bit. It became sharper with a slight curve at the end. The light vanished, and Vulcans blade was now much larger, and dangerous. It now had a small gleam of orange light waving off from the blade. A scabbard appeared in front of Vulcan. The sword slipped itself into the scabbard and around Vulcan so it hung down at his side. Vulcan struggled to his feet. "Woah!" he said astonished. "Did you see that!?" Vulcan yelled over to Glasel. Glasel got up. "It was kind of hard to miss." She said.

My job is done. said the voice. Take care you two, I hope to run into you both some time soon the voice finished. "Wait. I don't feel like I know anything." Vulcan said. The voice was already gone. Glasel walked to Vulcan. "Vulcan, the forest, we must hurry." Glasel said. Vulcan nodded slightly. "Alright." he said.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:20:21 08/11/2012 by Gem-A-Knight
#13 Posted: 00:12:54 08/11/2012 | Topic Creator
The Song of Memory's
Chapter 5 (Cont...)

As the two of them flew away from Vulcans burnt down home, they did indeed, come across a forest.
The two flew over it, watching the trees fly by. "We can't possibly search this whole forest for some music we should be hearing!" Vulcan said. "I know... Wait a second...what's that?" Glasel wondered. She pointed over to some glistening red spots in the middle of trees. "Hmm....maybe that's where we need to go?" Vulcan wonderd. "I don't know...that looks suspicious." Glasel said. "Yeah but suspicious things like that mean we should go there right?" Vulcan wonderd. Glasel just rolled her eyes. "Fine, but I'd rather go in before the red lights appear." Glasel said. The two of them turned around and into the forest, just before all the red gloom. As they got closer they noticed the sky getting quickly darker...darker...and darker. "What's happening?" Vulcan wondered. "I don't know...." Glasel said.

The two finally settled in the forest...and found themselves in pitch blackness. "Uhh..." Vulcan stuttered. "Uhh...is right." Glasel agreed. "What the heck is going on?" she wondered. "You'll find out." spoke a voice as deep as Malefors, but much more clear. Vulcan and Glasel both jumped, startled.
Suddenly they heard the sound of water. "We should keep moving..." Glasel said. "Good idea." Vulcan agreed. As the two of them quickly paced in the darkness, they came across a large purple waterfall. "Woah." Vulcan said. "Look at the waterfall.." "Vulcan don't! It might be poisonous or something. You don't know what could happen, this place is already really suspicious." Vulcan drew in a little closer.

"Wait....Glasel come here." Glasel walked over. "Look." Vulcan said. Glasel saw what he meant. She could see something down there...something with wings. Glasel moved in a bit closer. Just as Vulcan was getting a bit cautious of how close she was, a hand lashed out at her. Glasel backed away quickly, just before she was caught. "Agh!" Glasel yelled. The hand started to move through the water towards Vulcan. In time, he backed away from the hand before it could grab a hold of him. "What was that!?" Glasel wondered. "I don't know...but its not over yet." Vulcan said.

As he watched the waterfall, millions of hands shot up and out from it. They came over to the ledge in front of the waterfall, and pulled themselves out. The creatures were, once more, zombies. They limped towards the two of them, groaning. "Vulcan!" Glasel yelled. "I know, let's get out of here!" Vulcan said. He took flight, and started to move up and out the trees, although, as he did so, his wings caught fire.

"What the?" Suddenly his wings began to crumble, so Vulcan bolted for the ground, head butting the ground hard enough to throw him off into a daze. Vulcan concentrated, refocusing his brain. "Forget flying, run!" Vulcan shouted. The two of them headed to there right, but a huge army of zombies arose from the ground in front of them. They turned around, going to their left, but again they were surrounded.

They looked around, there was no place to go, Vulcan and Glasel had themselves cornered. With that, the two of them attempted to take them down. Vulcan blew fierce fires catching thousands of zombies on fire, although, he watched as the fires simply put themselves out right as they touched each and every zombie. Vulcan decided to scratch at one. He sliced all the body parts off, and grinned, but the zombie resembled itself. Vulcan looked around. He noticed Glasel had taken out plenty by scratching at them, though he watched in terror as they all resembled. "We can't stop them!" Vulcan yelled.

"And they're really starting to close in!" Glasel yelled back. Suddenly Vulcan heard a scream, A whole pack of zombies were piled on top of Glasel, and picking her up, taking her towards the waterfall. She screamed again. "Help me!" She yelled. Vulcan looked around. How? He wondered in his mind. How could he help? He was surrounded, fire simply put itself out once it touched the skin of a zombie, and scratching had no affect, for the zombies simply assembled themselves. The zombies were now closer than ever.

A few more seconds, and they would be piled on top of him. When all it seemed like Vulcan could do was wait to be attacked, something finally clicked in his head. He could feel his body urging to grab his sword. He felt a burst knowledge, and knew what to do. Vulcan grabbed his sword, unsheathed it, and rose it to the sky.

Instantly as he did so, there was an out burst of white light so powerful, Vulcan could feel his eyes burning. Trying to get a glimpse of what he had done, Vulcan winced. He watched as thousands of zombies started to burn to pieces. Every last piece of flesh, blood, bones, and muscle were washing away, falling to the ground, and turning to ashes.

Vulcan looked at his blade, amazed at what he had just done. He saw more zombies come towards him. Anything that lives from pure darkness....always, can be beaten by the brightest light. said the voice, coming from Vulcans sword. Vulcan nodded as if to show it made sense. He charged forward, the hilt of his blade in his mouth. Vulcan swung downward, creating a column of light that flashed through a row of zombies, burning them to ashes.

He would come up in front of one, knock it off it's feet, then jump in the air, twirl around, and come back down jabbing one in the stomach, making a crater of light blow up the zombie. He charged forward, running continuously, letting his blade drive itself right through the center if zombies. After so long of clearing his surroundings, he saw the last ten zombies near the waterfall, one of them holding Glasel.

Vulcan rushed forward, spun he blade around, and drove a disc of light through every single one. Vulcan looked towards the final zombie who still held Glasel, and charged him from behind. The zombie just in time threw Glasel, before Vulcan burnt him. Not so sure of what he was doing, Vulcan flung his sword into the waterfall, hopped on the hilt that stuck out, and reached out for Glasel, catching her just before she fell into the water. Vulcan balanced himself, and jumped off his blade, and onto the ground, setting Glasel down. "Thank you." Glasel said.

"I didn't want to know what would have happened if I had fallen in there." She said. "I didn't want you to find out." Vulcan said. "Fools! It's not over yet!" yelled the deep voice. As the two watched, another creature arose from the water, though this one had wings, and a bow. In fact...this thing wasn't even a zombie, it was a dragon...Ace. A dark, purple arrow appeared in Aces hand. He placed it with in his bow, and readied it towards Glasel and Vulcan.

"Do not bother fighting. A simple dark arrow...is all it takes.... and you will be forced to become one of us." Ace said, pointing the arrow back and forth from Glasel to Vulcan, and from Vulcan to Glasel. "I'll always put a fight!" Vulcan yelled. Ace grinned. "Have it your way." Ace chided. Vulcan lifted his hand, and the blade flew right into his paws. Vulcan looked at it, astounded.

He noticed Ace had started to charge, and Vulcan, remembering the one piece of advice he was given through his sword, side stepped, tossed the blade in between his teeth, and slashed at Ace. Ace was struck hard, a bolt of light giving way into Aces body. He hurdled to the ground, and groaned. Vulcan watched as a misty purple steam arose from Aces body, fleeing into the woods.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:20:05 08/11/2012 by Gem-A-Knight
#14 Posted: 00:13:31 08/11/2012 | Topic Creator
The Song of Memory's
Chapter 5 (Cont...)

Ace got up, struggling a bit. He rubbed his head. "What happened?" Ace wondered. He looked at Glasel and Vulcan, and jumped. "Woah! W-where did you two come from?" He asked. Vulcan placed his blade back in his scabbard. "I was gonna ask the same thing. I thought you were a part of all the zombies but...your a real normal dragon." Vulcan said. At that, things finally clicked inside Aces mind. "Of course!" Ace shouted. "The corruption waterfall, the zombies must have thrown me in there!" Ace suddenly looked a bit bewildered.

"Wait...how did I know that?" Ace asked himself. He also became a bit more aware of Vulcans and Glasel's presence. He looked up at that them. "My apologies, my name is Ace." Ace said. "Nice to meet you." Glasel said. "I'm Glasel, and that's Vulcan." Ace nodded. "Vulcan.....why does that seem familiar?" Ace wondered.

"That blade...the goddesses weapon built to repel all darkness.....Where did you get that?" Ace asked. Vulcan looked at his blade. "The goddesses weapon?" Vulcan asked. "Yes, she built it for the one who was meant to help in driving away the creatures of the night, as well as weaken the dark lord." Ace said. "Ace....tell me first...how do you know all of this?" Vulcan asked.

"Well...I don't, but there's this voice in my bow, and...I woke up in the middle of no where with the voice in my head, telling me all kinds of things, something about me being in a long slumber for about five years." Ace finished. Vulcan turned and gave Glasel a surprised look. Glasel only shrugged. "Ace..I think...we were meant to find you." Vulcan said.

"Really?" Ace asked. Vulcan nodded. "I and Glasel, and as well as you, have all seemed to have experienced the same things.. It's strange, but it makes me think we were meant to find you. Not only that but, your name sounds just as familiar to me as mine does to you." Vulcan said. Ace grinned. "Well then...let's not waste anymore time here!" Ace exclaimed

. "Actually..were here for a reason." Vulcan said. "What?" Ace wondered. "Don't call us crazy but...we're looking for music." Vulcan stated. Aces eyes widened. "So am I!" Ace shouted. "Woah. Really?" Vulcan wondered. "Yes! I'm really starting to think we were meant to find each other!" Ace agreed. "Quickly you must follow me! I know where we must head!" Ace said. Ace ran further into the forest more excited than ever. Glasel and Vulcan followed, doing their best to keep up.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:19:51 08/11/2012 by Gem-A-Knight
#15 Posted: 00:13:59 08/11/2012 | Topic Creator
The Song if Memory's
Chapter 5 (Cont...)

The three of them continued through the forest for many hours, fortunately, not running into any more zombies. After a while longer the forest got brighter. "There's an opening!" Ace yelled, dashing to get out. As Ace approached the opening a strange feeling started to overcome him. He felt more peaceful than ever. As Vulcan and Glasel caught up with him, Glasel was smiling sharply, but Vulcan had tears streaming from his eyes. Ace abruptly stopped. Vulcan and Glasel stopped behind him. "Do you hear it?" Ace asked. "What?" Glasel asked.

"The music..." Ace said. "It's so....peaceful.." Ace said, with a calm tone. "I hear it to....but...it's so happy.." Glasel said, a smile on her face. "It's...so sad." Vulcan whimpered, tears coming from eyes still. Ace started to move more slowly towards the opening. "I hear a trumpet." Ace said. "I hear a clarinet." Glasel said. "What about the flute?" Vulcan wondered. The three continued to slowly approach the opening, the music getting louder. Finally, they came through into the clearing. Ace looked bewildered. As he stared forward, he saw a ghostly dragon, of silver, white, and gold, playing a trumpet.

Vulcan saw ahead to see a. Silver and white dragon, that also appeared in a ghostly manner. It held a flute. Glasel stared forward and saw a dragon of white and gold, playing the clarinet. Together, the three dragons played a wistful song. The three (Vulcan, Glasel, and Ace) sat there, in the middle of the clearing, listening intently, each feeling different emotions. After about five minutes, the playing stopped. Vulcan whipped the tears from his eyes, Glasel frowned, and Ace made a strait face. "Ace.." spoke the dragon with the trumpet.

"Come forth." It finished. Ace approached the dragon cautiously. "Hear my words of wisdom, Ace." The dragon started. "You came here feeling calm and happy, didn't you?" the dragon wondered. Ace nodded. "Indeed." the dragon agreed. "You see, I hold the trumpet. The trumpet in the song that we played is the peaceful part of this song. This is why you feel calm Ace. When you hear my part played, it brings you peace." the dragon explained. "Although..your friends do not feel peaceful." it continued.

"This is because they have either learned to find no happiness, or sadness. You hold the bow crafted by the goddess Ace. With this bow, comes a single arrow that was also made by the goddess. The arrow of peace. The arrow of pure light. Though you do not carry this arrow. This is because your friends have found no piece with in themselves. In order to create the arrow of peace, your two friends here must find peace within themselves. If this does not happen, the arrow cannot be formed, there for, Soulious, the dark lord, can not be killed." the dragon finished.

Ace looked at the dragon with a confused expression. "I realize this may not make much sense to you now, but in time, all will become clear." the dragon nodded for Ace to go back next to Vulcan and Glasel. "Glasel..." spoke the dragon with the clarinet. "Come forth." Glasel approached the dragon. "Hear my words of wisdom to you." "I hold the clarinet, which played the happier piece of the song. Glasel, when I play this instrument, you instantly become happy. This is because, you have never found sadness in your life. When I play my part of the song, it brings back good memories of the past." the dragon said.

"What!?" Glasel yelled. "That's not true! I've cried before, I've been sad!" Glasel protested.

"Ahh but young one, everyone cries some time in their life. But you have never faced true sadness. You have not witnessed deaths, or depressing situations that break your heart into pieces." the dragon said. "Glasel...if you wish for the arrow that Ace needs to kill Soulious, and end the massacure that he has, and still is, causing through out the country....you must learn to cry, but for a desperate, and real situation that pulls your heart from your chest. If you can do this...your sadness will balance out your happiness, creating peace within yourself, and getting Ace one step closer to retrieving the goddesses arrow." the dragon finished.

The dragon nodded Glasel along, and back over to Ace and Vulcan. "Vulcan...." the dragon with flute started. "Come forth." Vulcan approached the dragon holding the flute.

"Vulcan...hear my words of wisdom." the dragon said. "When I play the instrument that I hold, you start to cry. My instrument plays the piece of the song that shows you sadness, so you cry when you hear my flute played. This is because your stuck in the past. You regret your parents death, even though it was not your fault. You cry when you see the vision of your parents eyes looking into yours desperately. Vulcan....if you bring yourself into the future, forgetting the past, and seeing the good and joyful things around you...you may find happiness.

If you can do this...then you will bring Ace one step closer to gain the goddesses arrow by balancing your sadness with happiness, creating peace within yourself. Do not regret the past...what happens, happens, and there's nothing you can do about it." The dragon nodded Vulcan back over to Ace and Glasel. The three of them looked into each pair of eyes of the other three dragons. The dragon with the trumpet started to speak again.

"Ace, Vulcan, Glasel...continue your journey together, search out the other five dragons that remain, and in the mean time....Glasel, you must find sadness. Vulcan...you must find happiness." the dragon said. "And may the goddess guide you through your destiny." The three dragons said all at once. They each opened their arms, and the instrument they were holding disappeared. Then finally, the dragons themselves vanished, leaving Ace, Glasel, and Vulcan, in the opening.

After a long silence, Ace turned to Glasel and Vulcan. "So...you have to witness a death." Ace said pointing to Glasel. "And you have to realize the good things in life." he said pointing to Vulcan. "So....yah know...no pressure." Ace said to the two of them. Glasel sneered at Ace. Ace just laughed.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:19:37 08/11/2012 by Gem-A-Knight
#16 Posted: 00:14:40 08/11/2012 | Topic Creator
The Winter Summits
Chapter 6

Flece slowly limped through the several feet of snow, finding some way out of where she found herself trapped in. She was having a very rough time ever since she found herself awake, in the middle of no where. The monsters that had crowded Flece to her awakening were ferocious looking. They had large tusks jutting from their jaws, and they had eyes of snakes. They were rather small to be a troll, but that's what they had reminded her of. She had, only four days ago, been chased down by the troll like creatures into the great snowy mountains. Flece never saw them again, ever since she was chased with in the mountains. She suspected that the trolls were planning to freeze her to death, for when they chased her far enough into the mountains, they turned around and dashed away without a fight. Even so, Flece was glad they ran off, she had already felt awfully weak to begin with, and she had hoped of finding her way back and out of the mountains before she froze.

The problem was, the way back was completley covered by a giant blizzard that had surrounded her. For all these past four days she looked for a way back out, but never found one. Two days ago, though, she learned the mountains weren't so bad, for a apparently a new fire power that engulfed her was keeping Flece from freezing over. She found her power after she found herself surrounded by a pack of wolves that were made of pure snow, literally. The snowy creatures had been unbreakable, no matter how many times Flece scratched at the wolves, they simply had snow pile up and reform itself as the body part that was cut off, then it was reattached. So after Flece had gotten the feeling she was done for, something had surged through her. It was at that time she felt the sudden urge to take down the pack of wolves, and she did. Flece had lit herself on fire, then flew through the pack of wolves like a flaming meteoroid that melted them into mush, making it impossible for any part of the wolves to grow back. Back into the present day, now, Flece had learned to control this power and make very small fires blaze on her body that were hot enough to keep her from freezing.
Flece was a red dragon, with the power of fire at her side. She had two gold rings on her neck, and a red crystal that hung down from a collar. Her eyes were the color of an aqua green. Her horns and scales were made of pure icicles.
[User Posted Image]

Flece continued to paw through the snow. She had been awfully injured over time, and her wings were no use, since, no matter how hot of a flame she engulfed her body in, she couldn't seem to fly straight up and out of the mountains. Apparently the temperatures were too cold at the top for even a large flame to melt through, so she had to stay low with the ground. She endlessly wondered if she would even see daylight again for the blizzards and dark clouds made it impossible for even a small ray of sunshine to pour through. Flece found all this rather disturbing

. When she was first approaching the mountains, she noticed how everything that surrounded her were green valleys full of beautiful flowers, then suddenly when she stepped into the mountains, it instantly started snowing, and there was no longer sunshine. It was as if the mountains were cursed in such a way that they were always cold and snowy. The thought boggled Fleces mind. Could an island really be cursed? She new the life she lived was strange, but a curse sounded like magic, and she did not believe in magic.

Other than these thoughts, she wondered if anything, or anyone, else lived here in the mountains. She wasn't sure if the thought was a great idea, but Flece wondered if she could find something that might tell her where to go in order to get out of here, of course, that was believing anything did live here. As several hours passed by, Flece grew drowsy, and noticed the landscape around her had gotten darker. She figured nighttime was approaching, or had already approached, so she decided to rest. She traveled a few more feet before finally stopping to find a cave. A wide grin on her face, she started towards the cave ready for a more pleasant rest then what she has previously done, which was finding a nice place to lye down in, in the middle of the snowy grounds.

As she exceeded beyond the entrance she found the sound of the blizzard fading, and the sensation of warmth overcoming her. Flece put out the fires she had on her body and fell to the ground. Keeping fire on herself had taken much more energy than she had realized, so putting them out and finding that she was still warm was a great relief. She struggled to get back up, but felt calm and relaxed in the place she had already settled. Before she knew it, she felt her eyes fluttering closed, then let relaxation over come her, and she fell asleep.

The next morning, Flece found herself in a large circular dome. She scattered upward, and looked from the ceiling to the floor. She recognized the surroundings as the cave she had fallen asleep in, although, it was not the same corridor she had dragged herself into. When she looked behind herself she saw a solid wall. When she looked forward she found an opening that led further into the cave. At this moment, two thoughts entered Flece's mind. She had either slept walked into the dome, or had been picked up and dragged in here. She considered the options, but started regarding herself of the thoughts. Could something or someone have really picked her up and bring her into the back of the cave without blocking the entrance that led farther down the cave? Not likely. Now, could she have slept walked all the way to the back of the cave?

Possibly, but considering how she felt the night before she didn't think her body would use the energy to do so. Wondering what would happen if she simply left the dome, Flece got herself up on her feet, feeling much less pain after a good nights rest, and started to walk forward. She poked her head out the entrance of the dome to find two different corridors. Moving straight forward was a long corridor that stretched onward for quite a ways, moving slightly upward as it progressed further. The second corridor went to her left, moving downward, then making another left turn going farther backward. Flece considered the two options.

The one in front of her was most likely to take her to the entrance of the cave and on back into the mountains. The one left of her was more likely to take her even deeper into the cave than she already was. She wondered if she might find the person who dragged her back here if she were to travel farther back into the cave, considering that was the real situation. She thought for another few seconds or so, then finally faced left, and walked down the path, then turned to the left again, to find another long corridor. As Flece progressed further, she heard a crackling noise that came from farther downward.
#17 Posted: 00:15:03 08/11/2012 | Topic Creator
The Winter Summits
Chapter 6 (Cont...)

She continued to walk down to find a flickering light. A fire? She thought. Apparently she ended up being right. As she reached the end of the corridor she found an opening where she abruptly stopped. In the small dome was a small crackling fire which a massive creature sat in front of, sitting on a log. Flece squeezed to the side of the cave to slowly peer around in the opening, trying to catch a better view of the creature without being noticed. As Flece's eyes stared at the thing, she caught some exclusive detail. It was rather fluffy with snow white hair, and a head that was shaped like a wolfs. The creature was large, but not fat, it was actually a bit skinny, probably the size of an average person, but much larger height wise. The thing had a tail that slowly moved back and forth on the ground. It's left leg was raised up high, and it's left elbow was pressing into its left leg, with it's left hand cupped around the side of its chin. The creatures right hand lay still on its right leg. As Flece watched, she thought the creature looked rather bored. It stared into the fire, absolutely still, with only the sound of the fire crackling, and it's tail slowly sweeping the icy ground.

"I can feel your eyes watching me female." said a sudden voice. Flece jumped back, frightened at the fact the creature knew she was standing there the whole time. "Please, do not be afraid." said the creature. It's voice sounded very soft, and kind. The pitch of the creatures voice was right in between a deep and high volume, a perfect pitch. Flece reluctantly stepped forward. "Please, come in." the creature invited. She slowly took another few steps forward, walking into the tiny dome.

"How did you know I was there?" Flece asked the creature. Her voice was gentle, and lightly high pitched.

"You see, dragon, this fire I stare into is how I knew you were coming. It is my way of seeing things around these mountains." the creature said. "As strange as they may sound", he continued, "I am the fellow owner of these mountains. I am a spirit that protects this particular piece of land." the spirit turned its head to face Flece. As Flece looked into the spirits eyes, she was now positive that it was definitely a wolf. Although, it disturbed her how recognizable the face of the spirit was compared to the wolves that attacked her several days ago. She cringed a bit. The spirit lifted his right hand in a gesturing way, towards a log that sat across on other side of the fire. "Please, sit down." Flece walked over towards the log and found it big enough for her to sit down on all fours, while facing the spirit. "Now then, before we get much further, allow me to properly introduce my spiritual name." the spirit said. "I am....Walkskeen. The spirit and proper owner of the Winter Summits." Walkskeen said.

"The Winter Summits?" Flece asked.

"Indeed, this would be the proper name of the very mountains you have settled in. I must tell you, it's not often I get a creature such as rare as you are in my very domain. I must ask you...what brought you here?"

"Trolls." Flece said flatly. "Really?" Walkskeen questioned. "Considering the amazing things I saw you preform, its rather interesting you were chased down by a bunch of trolls when you had the capability of such powers."

"I know...I actually only learned how to use them three days ago though.." Flece said. "Ah. I see then. Well, it might have been wiser to simply fly away." "My wings weren't all in the mood to do such a thing. You know...for someone who can see everything I'm doing..you didn't pay all that much attention." Walkskeen looked a bit unappreciated by this.

"Sorry, I do believe my eyes can only watch down on you as soon as you actually get with in my boundaries." he said as calmly as he could.

"Oh..." Flece stuttered. "Just wondering.." Flece started, waving away the subject, "Were you the one who dragged me farther back into the cave?"

"Yes actually. I noticed you were drooping to settle with in my domain, so I brought you back farther into the cave, hoping you would wake up and come my way so we could have a small chat." Walkskeen said. "You must realize though, you're awfully lucky that you came into my cave without any worry of monsters coming in. I keep my domain clear of monsters by using a magical protection spell around the entrance. It allows nothing to come in unless I permit to.
So be fair warned for next time, don't enter a small cave without being sure its safer than the outside world." Walkskeen concluded. Flece paused for a second, thinking about how the spirit just mentioned the cave was protected by a magical blocking spell. She thought about asking wether he was serious or not, but she put it aside. Even though she did not remember much, she still knew the behavior of all the spirits. So long as you treat them respectfully, they stay calm and consistent. Otherwise they take any questioning about them being real or their powers being real offensively.

"Considering the situation I felt that I had to." Flece said.

"Hmm...fair enough." Walkskeen said. "But think before you act next time. There may as well be something twice as worse on the inside than on the outside." he finished. "Speaking of magic.." Flece said, changing the subject again.

"How did I get in if the cave is protecting itself from anything getting inside?" she wondered. "As I said before, I can permit anything I wish to have come in, come in by opening and closing the boundaries. I noticed you were attempting to come in, so, in hope I could help, I let you in, and dragged you further into my domain." the spirit said.

"Oh...thanks." she said.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:19:16 08/11/2012 by Gem-A-Knight
#18 Posted: 00:15:34 08/11/2012 | Topic Creator
The Winter Summits
Chapter 6 (Cont...)

Of course." Walkskeen welcomed. There was a moment of silence. Flece suddenly stood up. The spirits eyes looked up and into Fleces. "Leaving so soon?" he asked.

"Well...I just remembered, while its daytime my hope is to escape from these mountains. When it's nighttime I look for a good place to sleep. I was only here in the first place just to rest.." Flece explained.

"Ah. I see. Well, at least give me moment to allow some guidance for you." Flece sat back down. "I was hoping to help you get out of here. As owner of these mountains I've memorized three paths that you could follow." the spirit said.

"Paths? Isn't there a better way to get out of here?" she asked. "Like..getting rid of the blizzards so I can fly out?"

"Indeed..." Walkskeen paused. "Although, I'm afraid that won't cooperate all that well. You see, even though I am the owner of these summits, I do not have complete control over the blizzards that run through here. In fact, even if I could change the weather.. I wouldn't. Considering the type of spirit that I am, my life has adapted to the cold breezes, and would not survive well in warmer climates, which is the weather you would need if you were planning on getting out of here by flying through the top."

"Then..how would get out of here, other than using the paths?" Flece wondered.

"There is no other way I'm afraid, but if you like, there are three paths that I can explain to you that would help solve this problem." Walkskeen said. "I have memorized much of these paths, and can easily tell you how to follow the particular one that you choose, but you must listen closely. If you exclude yourself from the conversation too much, then you may as well miss a piece of instruction." he finished.

"Okay." Flece said. She leaned forward.

"The first path, is the shortest"– "That one!" Flece interrupted. Walkskeens eyes flared. "Please, let me finish." Walkskeen said, trying to stay calm. "Sorry.." Flece said. The spirit continued on without response. "The first path is the shortest, but the hardest to navigate and the most crowded with monsters. The second path, is a medium distance, and has no monsters, but it's almost as hard to navigate as the shortest path. The third path, is the easiest, but has a few monsters and is the longest path." he finished. "Consider the three choices, and tell me which you hope to follow. Do not exclude one path because of its distance, that would be unwise. Think of the paths from a different approach, by using time in your equation." Flece hesitated. At first she thought she would definitely not go the longest path, but the spirit said excluding the longest of the paths was the wrong thing to do. She squinted, trying to think...then suddenly, she felt her brain boost with a different approach, and she instantly started to realize which path was the right and fastest way.

"The longest path!" Flece said, jumping up.

"The longest? Interesting...you acted wiser than I expected. Though tell me, what was your thought in this?" Walkskeen asked.

"At first it wasn't all that obvious, but then it just clicked!"Flece said. "If the shortest path is the hardest to navigate, and has the most monsters, then it would actually take longer to navigate that path then it would the medium sized, because it would take longer to correctly follow the path, especially if a ton of monsters intercept. For the medium sized, even though it doesn't have any monsters, you said it was just about as hard as the shortest, so time still wouldn't play fair. But in the longest, there may be a few monsters, but it's the easiest to navigate, so in comparison, even though it's the longest of the paths, there would be less interference with easier navigation, and fewer monsters, making the longest path the fastest choice!" Flece shouted in one breath. Walkskeen grinned with anticipation.

"Well done, but you must realize, even though you're fairly correct, there's one last catch. Since it is the longest path, you will have to remember even more cuts and turns and checkpoints than you would have to in any of the others." the spirit said, with the grin still on his face. Flece looked at the ground for a second.

"So...in reality, all the paths are actually just as hard as the other?" Flece asked.

"Now you're getting it." Walkskeen said. "So, are you sure about your choice in direction?" he urged.

"Well....I may have to memorize the most, but it's still the fastest, and I have a good memory."

"Very well." the spirit said. "Pay close attention." Flece got off the log seat to stand near the spirit, eyes and ears focused on him. "The long path..." Walkskeen started. "When you leave my cave, go out the same way you came in and turn left. There will be edges in the snow that show a path. Follow that path then stop at a tree to your right, and turn left, moving west of the tree and off the pathway. Keep moving forward and stop at a small stump in the ground, move right of that, then turn right again at the base of a large cliff. From there, move in between the tightly squeezed cliffs. Once you're out, go up a slope on your left, spiral to the top, then cross a snowy bridge. At the end of the bridge, go down a slope that you'll find just in front of you, and keep moving forward until you reach a cave. At the cave, go north west, then turn right at the base of another stump you'll find in the ground. From there keep moving forward out from the cave, slide down a large hill, and turn right when under a cliff, to go down a small slope, and out the mountains." the spirit finished. At this point, Flece was trying to catch up on all of what he said. Could she really remember all of that? She highly doubted herself, but it was too late. Flece had chosen one path, and one path only. She would have to remember the directions as best she could if she were to ever get out of here. Walkskeen slowly gazed down on Flece, as if to ensure she understood the directions. She nodded, but was still unsure of herself.

"Thank you." Flece said, smiling. "Don't mention it." Walkskeen said to her. Flece started to move toward the entrance, but she paused. The spirit didn't even bother to make any objection before she completely deserted him. She waited, then suddenly felt a strange unsettling feeling wash over her. Flece slowly turned her gaze to the log. The fire was still crackling, but Walkskeen, the wolf spirit, was gone.....
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:18:48 08/11/2012 by Gem-A-Knight
#19 Posted: 00:16:04 08/11/2012 | Topic Creator
The Winter Summits
Chapter 6 (Cont...)

The blizzard outside roared as Flece stepped out from the cave. She regretted wanting to leave so bad, the cave really was much warmer than she realized. Sighing, Flece faced the left, trying to make out the icy edges to some sort of path. She continued looking to finally find a mound of snow that unusually made line in the snow. Some mounds had tiny holes in them which revealed small patches of ice. On the other side was the same mound of snow making another line that ran right along with the other. She walked forward into the center between those two lines, and followed the mounds of snow as they curved and turned left or right. Occasionally the small mounds would have empty space in them, making it so Flece would have to look farther ahead to find the mounds continuing onward, which was hard with the thick blizzard blocking ability for any farther eye sight.

After several more minutes she saw a single tree to her right. Remembering this first obstacle, Flece moved to her left as told, moving off the path. She continued from there for five minutes to find a tree stump in the ground. She moved right, to find a cliff ahead of her. From there she moved to her right again, moving into a large cut in the cliff. She moved forward, running, trying her best to keep her body sideways as the cliffs got closer together. She came out from the other side of a cliff to find a hill going upwards to her left. She went up it, finding herself spiraling. Flece reached the top and found the bridge ahead of her. She jumped off the ground to soar through the air over the bridge, trying not to even risk going on foot. With all she's been through, knowing that this island is cursed, so to speak, she wouldn't take the risk of it breaking. It's hard to get some wind under your wings when you are hurling towards the ground at three miles per hour.

Flece reached the other side of the bridge, landing back on the ground. She jumped forward to fall onto a lowering slope, rolling down it. As she rolled she noticed the cave was literally, at the end of slope, meaning she would roll inside of it. When Flece managed to reach the cave, she found herself rolling right over a cliff. She extended her claws, scratching at the ice to stop herself from rolling off the cliff. Her eyes narrowed as she hung there, breathing hard. Her eyes instantly shot upwards. Flece had found herself hanging right over a pitch black hole with no end. She scratched at the ice, trying to get up. She put some strength into her arms to slowly start lifting herself.

Flece pushed herself back onto the entrance of the cave. She turned around to look back down at the hole. With a bewildered look on her face, she continued to run, moving to her right, into an entrance that led farther down the cave. While she ran she thought, 'Next time...fly into a cave, don't roll down it.' Several minutes passed before she finally came across the split in the cave. Flece remembered this much already, so she wouldn't let a split in a cave stop her. Feeling more confident, she ran onward, going northwest, just like Walkskeen said.

With in seconds Flece was in front of an icy stump, where she made sure to turn right. She left the cave and and slid down a hill on all fours. When she reached the bottom, she found herself under a cliff, where she remembered to turn right, away from the cliff. She found herself sliding down another slope, this time smaller than before. When she reached the bottom, she found the blizzard clearing, and ahead of her, was a large opening, where farther ahead were valleys of grass and flowers.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:18:24 08/11/2012 by Gem-A-Knight
#20 Posted: 00:16:34 08/11/2012 | Topic Creator
The Winter Summits
Chapter 6 (Cont...)

Flece, absolutely surprised with herself, walked forward, smiling as the exit of the mountains drew ever closer. Now, just before the exit, she stopped. She thought she had heard a noise in the snow only several feet behind her. Fleces head slowly turned. At least twenty feet behind her, she saw a large bulging body. A yeti. Of course, Walkskeen had said there would be a few monsters. Luckily, she thought she had avoided them all, until now. With the blizzard gone, Flece could see all the features of the yeti. An original yeti, she thought. It wasn't all that unique.

The yeti was gorilla sized, with pure white fur, it's bulging tusks, bulging claws, and pure silver eyes. For some reason, she found this one particularly intimidating. This yeti did look like any other would, but it's silver eyes were unusual. Normally yetis were found with their pure red eyes. Flece completely turned herself around, facing the yeti. She made no movement, neither did the yeti. She listened to the light breezes in the background. Then Flece made a sudden movement into attack position, as the yeti made a limping step forward.

As Flece made her sudden movement, the yeti stopped moving. Flece put her guard down, she felt like the creature was helpless, just limping toward her the way it did. When she turned around, ready to make a run for it, she was slammed into a mountain, causing her to crumple backwards into the ground on her back. Her eyesight was all fuzzy, but she managed to see that the yeti was making a charge at her. Apparently Flece fell for the trick. The yeti was very well pretending to be hurt in order to catch her off guard. Getting back up on all fours, her eyesight moved back into place, making things clearer again. Flece catching herself on fire again, charged the beast, as it charged her. She slammed into the beasts stomach, knocking it backwards, and catching it on fire.

Flece found herself being knocked into the ground, from the massive impact that came from the body of the yeti. She jumped up on all fours, and stared as the yeti slowly got up, lit with fire. Flece watched in horror as the beast suddenly put the flames out without even moving to do so. In mid air, a thick blizzard gathered right in front of the yeti. The blizzard grew smaller and formed into a small ball in front of the yeti. At this moment, Flece lunged herself sideways as she felt a sudden burst of breezes.

Flece lied there still on the ground. She looked through a thick patch of ice that engulfed her. She had somehow been frozen, yet she was still alive. Even so, she felt herself fading away from existence. As she looked into the sky, she saw a giant furry creature approach her. The yeti. In an instant she realized that there had been a small ball in front of the yeti. Of course it must have exploded with strong enough breezes to freeze her like this. Flece struggled, trying to create fires that would burn through the ice. She couldn't. She continued to stare through the ice, her vision fading...and fading... Flece kept struggling, until finally, she felt her consciousness leave her.

The yeti stood there over the ice. Suddenly, Flece's eyes opened. She stared through the ice again doing nothing. The ice that encased her was closing around her. While it got closer, she got even more frightened. Until finally did the ice cover her so it shaped her body perfectly did she lose it. This was it, this thing was going to suffocate her. The ice suddenly started to close around her fists. It crunched and cracked, closing around her. The ice got even closer in her fists, then finally it broke. The ice around her shattered, splintering the yeti. The thing roared. And it stood there, staring at Flece.

Flece instantly jumped up onto all fours. She felt a strange surge in her, not sure of what was happening, or what has happened. She lifted one paw, holding the ice crystal that had sucked itself into her fist, like it did in the other. The crystal extended, growing into the size of a spear. Again without any clue what she was doing, Flece thrusted the spear at the yeti. As it flew through the air, it started spiraling, growing ever sharper and longer, smacking itself into one of the joints in the yetis right shoulder. It grabbed its arm, looking bewildered, and roaring.

Flece then threw the other crystal in her paw. It spiraled just like the other one, but this time it caught fire, wrapping the ice then turning it into a large spear made of hard iron or steel. How is that possible? Flece thought. She thought fire on ice would simply melt it, though it transformed into hard steel. She watched as the steel spear jabbed itself in the stomach of the yeti. The spear shattered with extreme impact as it struck the yetis stomach. The creature was flung backward into a mountain. It slid down the hard rock, and into the snow.

Flece, breathing hard, walked over to the yeti that lied there, knocked senseless. She loomed over him to see an extremely large purple bruise, that lightly bled in the fur of the yeti around the stomach. Feeling drowsy, she limped over to the exit of the mountains. She walked several inches in the grass, until she fell. Her vision this whole time had been blurry, and now it blurred even more. Flece lied there on her stomach, staring forward. She had finally done it, she got out of the mountains, but just to die in the end. Her ears twitched as she heard the footsteps of something. The yeti? No. She could hear more than two steps at a time. She struggled to get up, but she couldn't. She saw a figure approach her from thirty feet ahead. Flece's vision continued to blur, and her eyelids started to close, consciousness beginning to leave her again. She watched as the figure finally loomed over her. Her eyes stared upward, making out an outline of a dragon. As much as Fleces vision had blurred, the dragon was close enough to come into full view. "Wow..." Flece said, taking every bit of strength she could to say it. She lowered her voice to a whisper, making it easier to speak. "God you're cute..." she muttered. Then, Flece looked straight forward again, her eyes closed, and consciousness left her again. This time she didn't wake.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:18:01 08/11/2012 by Gem-A-Knight
Youla Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#21 Posted: 23:34:59 10/11/2012
How amazing...
Do you mind, I commenting here?
#22 Posted: 05:52:04 12/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Nah, I don't mind. Next chapter is 60% done.
#23 Posted: 11:03:31 13/11/2012
Good...
Kjr0901 Blue Sparx Gems: 782
#24 Posted: 03:40:41 21/11/2012
hey gem cool new avitar
#25 Posted: 09:10:27 21/11/2012
Uhh...Is that friend of Q*bert?
#26 Posted: 00:58:45 24/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Yes. It's Coily, the snake.
#27 Posted: 02:46:02 24/11/2012
I didn't know the name... I just see it beside Q*bert in front of "Game unplugged" sign...
#28 Posted: 07:33:51 24/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Yeah. It was from that original photo. I always liked the snake.
#29 Posted: 15:36:48 24/11/2012
Oh...
And what did it say on your signature?
#30 Posted: 19:40:42 02/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Oh, I don't know what it actually said. smilie
#31 Posted: 04:43:09 03/12/2012
Man...
#32 Posted: 02:58:49 06/12/2012
akward silence
#33 Posted: 16:21:37 06/12/2012
Meh...don't start this...
Keep it silence and let Gemmy work...
smilie
#34 Posted: 03:40:16 07/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Chapter 100% complete. Posting in five minutes.
#35 Posted: 04:21:01 07/12/2012 | Topic Creator
The Cure
Chapter 7

Ace loomed over the dragon that lied there, her eyes staring up into his. "Wow..." he could hear the dragon say. Then she mumbled something that Ace couldn't hear. Sighing, he stood on his back legs and picked up the dragon with his front paws. Cradling her, he used his back legs to lightly jump off the ground and into the air. He soared over to Vulcan and Glasel, who remained sitting there far off to one side of the fields, staring, as Ace got ever closer, carrying the dragon in his arms.

(Five hours earlier...)

Ace, Vulcan, and Glasel soared over the land, watching as the trees below them continued to bypass them, going ever farther into the distance. Before the three of them had left the small circle with in the forest, Vulcan questioned Ace on the idea of flying through the opening above them in order to get out from the forest, since, a while back, the sky above them while deep with in the forest was red, and if they dared to escape by flying out the opening, they would catch fire. It was then that Ace pointed out the sky was blue. He even tested it to make sure, and he was right, the opening above them was clear, and they wouldn't burn. Of course, Ace remembered how the sky had been red, and had asked Vulcan and Glasel if they knew what stopped them from flying out. Nobody was able to answer, except Glasel pointed out it could have been done by magic. Ace had simply cocked his head, in a, 'Possibly' or 'Maybe so' kind of way, but no one knew for sure, so they just waved the subject aside.

By now, the forest and memory's of being in it had faded away from their thoughts. They had also completely bypassed the forest for good, which meant it was long gone into the distance, so no one worried about it anymore.

As Ace, Vulcan, and Glasel flew, there were light breezes, and different orange, pink, and yellow colors forming in the sky as the sun settled in the horizon. Vulcan and Glasel hung back as Ace flew farther ahead of them.

"Some day we've been having." Vulcan said, soaring closer to Glasel.

"Yeah." Glasel agreed.

"So..." Vulcan started. "This thing about another dragon you are supposed to watch die...it keeps coming up."

Glasel hesitated. "Yeah, it does.. I still don't feel like talking about it though."

"You never want to!" Vulcan intercepted.

"I know. Maybe that's because it's private, and I don't want to mention it."

"But why?"

Glasel looked into his eyes. "The dragon shows up clearly, it makes me sad to think..." Glasel stopped herself, and looked away from him. After the moments pause, she continued. "It's sad to think that the dragon I'm seeing is someone I strangely find important already. That I care about..." She suddenly squeezed Vulcans hand.

Vulcan could feel himself getting a bit nervous. He instantly pulled away.

"Sorry..." Glasel said.

"I-it's fine.." Vulcan said. "So umm...who is the dragon?" He wondered.

Glasel could feel tears coming to her eyes. She tried to hold in how much she was about to burst out crying. "It's-" "Guys!" Ace interrupted.

Vulcan and Glasel both instantly looked up, startled. They watched as Ace drew back towards the two of them. "What?" Vulcan asked. "Well the sun is setting and....Glasel, are you crying?" Ace asked her. Glasel blinked the tears away. "No, just....the dust in the air." She said. Ace gave a small nod. "Okay....anyways, the sun is setting, so I figured we should camp out for the day." Ace said. "Oh...good idea." Vulcan said. "I'll find a good spot to camp out" Ace said. As Ace flew forward, and farther ahead, away from Vulcan and Glasel, the two of them both looked into each others eyes. Vulcan opened his mouth as if ready to say something, but Ace interrupted again. "This should be a good spot!" he yelled back to them.
Vulcans eyes narrowed, and he looked forward. "We should..catch up with Ace." Vulcan said. It wasn't what he had in mind to say, he meant to ask about the dragon, but considering how much Glasel was about to burst, he decided to let the thought go, and maybe never ask about it again. "Yeah...lets go." Glasel agreed.

The three of them were settling down in an open area, where flowers, and grass grew. As Vulcan settled onto the grass, he recognized the place to be much similar to the first rest stop both Vulcan and Glasel had settled into. Of course it wasn't the same place, otherwise a volcano would have been around somewhere. He watched as the moon began to rise. While he did so, he felt himself getting sleepy. In a few minutes he heard the rustling of grass, as Ace settled on his stomach, already falling asleep. Vulcan could then feel a paw rest on his. He looked at Glasel. He felt nervous again, but something about Glasel's eyes made him calm down. Vulcan slowly settled himself on the grass. Glasel did the same.

"You keep holding my hand." Vulcan whispered.

"I know." Glasel said. "I was sorry about earlier, but now, I really want to hold your hand. It felt comforting the last time I did."

Vulcan nodded. "Okay."

Glasel felt a bit nervous in what she was doing, but even so, she put a wing around him. She then rested her chin on top of her paw, which was curled around Vulcans hand.

Vulcan felt nervous again. "I'm gonna...stretch somewhere." he said.

"Don't leave.." Glasel whimpered.

"Glasel, please, what do you want? You're kind of making me feel...strange."

"Sorry...I just....you'll understand. Sooner or later. Just don't leave.. please..."

Vulcan stared at her. "I'll understand what?"

Glasel could feel herself falling asleep. "I'm afraid of losing you.."

"Well..wait, what?" Vulcan asked. It was too late, Glasel was sound asleep. I'm afraid of losing you...she had just said. Vulcan stirred a bit. Why would she be afraid of losing him? He thought. It's not like anything could happen to him...that he knew of. Then again, Glasel could see parts of the future. Maybe I die or something? No...I couldn't.. Vulcan stopped in his thoughts. He replayed what he just thought in his head. Maybe I could die or something. He had thought. Then he found himself connecting something. I could die... He repeated in his thoughts. Vulcan looked down at Glasel. He knew she was asleep, but even so, he whispered, "You don't mean to tell me..." Vulcans eyes started closing, and he rested his head right next to Glasel's. "No..." he muttered. "I-it cant be..." before he finished the thought process, sleep took over, and he lied there, with Glasel, asleep.
#36 Posted: 04:25:11 07/12/2012 | Topic Creator
The Cure
Chapter 7 (Cont...)

Vulcan awoke to find himself alone. He got up and stretched. Then he paused, it was still nighttime, but where we're the others? He looked around, then found Ace flying off in the horizon, Glasel followed. He could have sworn he could hear Glasel yelling "Stop!" but he wasn't sure. Not wanting to wait any longer, he instantly jumped in the air, and bolted forward, towards Glasel and Ace, who were both flying at top speed. As tired as Vulcan was it was awfully hard to catch up to the two of them. As he flew he found a bit of color in the skyline. It must have been six thirty in the morning, which was just around sunrise.
Vulcan started to fly faster, doing his best to catch up to them. "Hey!" Vulcan yelled. Neither of them looked back. With in a few a seconds he noticed one of them stopped. It was Glasel. Vulcan quickly caught up with her.

"What's going on?" he asked her.

"Sorry, Ace had a dream, apparently." She said.

"What?" Vulcan questioned.

Glasel sighed. "Honestly, I don't know. He just got up in the middle of the night, and started to take off. If I hadn't been slightly awake, he would have left without us." she said.

"Oh but you can leave without me huh?"

"I know, sorry. But what could I do? I had to chase after him. Once I caught up to him and asked what was going on, he simply told me 'no time to explain, but I had a dream.' Then he just took off at high speed." Glasel narrowed her eyes. "Come on. We can't lose sight of him."

Vulcan started to fly beside her as they both continued towards Ace.

"Pfft, 'I had a dream?' So, I had a dream myself, I'm not overreacting about it." Vulcan said.

Glasel paused. "What did you dream about?"

Vulcans eyes averted around Glasel's body, a bit towards her stomach. One of his eyes twitched. "Uhh....err, we should get moving!" Vulcan yelled, pointing towards the tiny dot in the distance, that was Ace.

Glasel looked at herself, then blinked twice. She blushed.

"Come on!" Vulcan shouted.

Glasel turned. "Oh, yeah, sorry. Lost in thought." The two of them raced onward.

The sun had fully risen by the time Vulcan and Glasel had managed to get closer to Ace. A few seconds afterwards, Ace stopped ahead of them, then bolted downward. Once the two of them came across the same area, they looked down, to find Ace panting on the ground. They settled next to him.

"What's wrong?" Glasel asked him.

"My dream....a dragon....mountains...snow....yeti.." Ace gasped. Sweat was beading down his forehead.

"Umm, alright. Are you okay?" Glasel wondered.

"No. The dragon...she's close, really close, I have to find her!" Ace yelled.

"I still don't understand." Vulcan said. "What's this dream?"

"It's more of a vision." Ace said, calming down a bit. "The dragon I saw is really close, somewhere in those mountains, and she's being attacked-" A sudden roar interrupted Ace. His eyes shot forward.

"Stay here." he said

"Wait what was that?" Vulcan asked.

"The yeti. Now stay here! I'll be right back." Ace said. He struggled to move forward, but with a bit of effort, he instantly shot onward.

"Wait!" Glasel yelled after him. But he kept running.
#37 Posted: 04:25:48 07/12/2012 | Topic Creator
The Cure
Chapter 7 (Cont...)

As Ace ran, he heard another roar, which made his pace at which he was running increase.
The mountains were slowly growing larger as he drew nearer. The sweat on his face suddenly dried. The air began to get damper, and the weather felt colder. That was strange, the sun was still out. Ace thought. He could tell by the fairly dark shadow that came off of him. As Ace got to the entrance, he noticed a figure was approaching. He stopped. The figure was limping, but was running at a fast speed. It was then that the figure came close enough that Ace could make out the shape of the dragon. He started running again. The dragon fell to the ground, and Ace stopped, hovering just above the dragon. It was a female. He loomed over the dragon that lied there, her eyes staring up into his. "Wow..." he could hear the dragon say. Then she mumbled something that Ace couldn't hear. Sighing, he stood on his back legs and picked up the dragon with his front paws. Cradling her, he used his back legs to lightly jump off the ground and into the air. He soared over to Vulcan and Glasel, who remained sitting there far off to one side of the fields, staring, as Ace got ever closer, carrying the dragon in his arms.

Vulcan and Glasel watched as Ace got closer. He soared over to the two of them, then landed on his back legs. Ace let the dragon roll out his arms and land softly on her stomach.

"Is she dead?" Vulcan asked.

Ace took a moment to observe wether she was breathing or not.

"No." Ace replied.

"She might not be for much longer." Glasel said.

"What makes you say that?" Ace questioned.

"Her breathing is awfully staggered." She said.

"Oh..." Ace gritted his teeth inside his mouth so the others couldn't see. He was starting to feel frustrated. He was positive she was gonna die. So what could the three of them do to help her survive? Nothing. He thought. It was at that moment that he heard a familiar voice come from somewhere.

You need the blood from a yeti if you hope to cure her it said.

Ace stared forward. "What?" he said, a confused expression on his face.

"I know, yeti's blood? What's that about?" Vulcan asked.

"You mean you heard that?" Ace questioned.

"Well yeah. It's coming from your bow!" Vulcan answered.

"That's why it sounds so familiar!" Ace exclaimed.

He unstrapped his bow, then placed it on the ground.

Yeti's blood, the voice continued, It's practically ice resistant. It's what protects it from freezing over. It's blood carries fire like properties. Quite useful. The voice said.

"So what? Get the blood then smear it on her?" Vulcan asked.

Ace slapped him on the back. "That's disgusting!" He yelled.

Yet it's awfully close to what you should do. The voice said.

Ace scrunched his nose. "What do we do with it?" He asked.

You have to get it first, which won't be easy. The voice started. Take your bow apart. It said.

"What?!" Ace exclaimed.

Take your bow apart. The bow won't break, trust me. Just pull on both ends.

Ace studied the bow. Was he really gonna take it apart? Apparently it wouldn't break, but he didn't believe that. With shaking paws, he placed one hand on the left, and one on the right. Tugging, there was a sudden clicking noise, and the bow broke in half. Ace stated in horror.

"It so broke!" He yelled.

Calm Ace. Look closer. Aces eyes narrowed towards his bow. He arched an eyebrow. He noticed there were edges inside that seemed to work as a connection system. On the right, plenty of sealed tubes stuck out. On the left, other tubes stuck out, yet they were open. Taking a moment, Ace managed to connect the dots. His bow simply worked like that of a pen cap. Whenever he wanted, he could take apart his bow, then replace it. As if reading Aces thoughts, the voice spoke.

Understand the concept? It asked. Ace nodded in reply.

Good, now take the gem in the center Ace hadn't even realized that right before him, lay a gem with a sharp needle coming out the end. He picked it up. It was the exact gem that was locked with in his bow, before it came apart. He had never seen the needle attached to it before.

Now, with that gem, you are to inject it into the arm of a living yeti.

"You've got be kidding me." Ace said. "A living yeti? He asked.

Correct, though not just any yeti, a magic one. One of the many living warriors that protect all souls and creatures of the arctic.

"Fun." Vulcan smirked.

"How do we know what a magic yeti looks like?" Glasel asked.

You will know because it will have silver eyes. The voice responded.

"Freaky." Ace said.

Somewhat. It responded. Now waving that aside, the voice continued, Ace, the Winter Summits is the name of the monstrous structure that you nearly entered a few minutes ago. The Winter Summits is one of the many Temples that holds a great deal of evil spirits. With that in mind, you should find two more yetis with in.

"I knew there were yetis in there." Ace commented.

Yes, and one of them was even killed by that very corpse of a dragon in front of you. Powerful one she is. The voice said.

Ace almost smirked. 'Wow!' He thought. 'She's hot and powerful!'

"Hey! Snap out of it Mr. Google eyes!" Glasel shouted in Aces ear.

He blinked a few times. "What?" He asked.

"Were you even paying attention? We have to get going now! There's two more yetis inside and we have to get some blood from one of them!" Glasel grunted.

"Oh. Right." Ace said.

"Boys." Glasel grumbled.

Ace ignored the comment and looked back to his bow. "Any time limit before she dies?" He asked.

It's impossible for me to give you any specific time period, but it will be soon. I suggest you get moving. The bows glow disappeared, and the feeling of another person around them no longer lingered.

Ace locked his bow back into place. "Handy." He said. Sliding the bow in its socket, Ace stood. "Come on guys." He said. "We have a yeti to find."

~~~~~~
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:32:38 07/12/2012 by Gem-A-Knight
#38 Posted: 04:27:49 07/12/2012 | Topic Creator
The Cure
Chapter 7 (Cont...)

Ace, Glasel, and Vulcan had no idea what they were doing. After they entered the summits they began moving in all directions, eventually crashing into one and another. The blizzard had thickened for sure. With Flece on Aces back, they all felt worried her body would freeze over in the added low temperatures, and the three of themselves included. It was thanks to the ball of fire Vulcan held in his hands that they didn't freeze to death, although it really didn't help that much. There were occasional wolves and strange beasts that they encountered, but for some reason, one look at the sword Vulcan held on the side of his stomach, and the beasts decided to make a left turn. Rather odd it was, but besides the point, it didn't take too long before the three of them were hiding behind an icy rock, where in front of them remained not one but two yetis. Luckily Vulcan, Glasel, and Ace hadn't been spotted yet. Vulcan had proceeded to extinguish his fireball.

"Great." Ace whispered. "There's two. We have to get blood from one, which already sounded challenging."

"Oh yeah, look at this dragon. Thinks he's got all that stuff and knows what it takes to impress girls. Wait until that dragon wakes up, she'll see how much of a wimp you are." Vulcan smirked.

Ace growled. "You know, you're really annoying."

"Why thank you. It's what I do best."

Ace looked over to Glasel. Without speaking, Ace mouthed the words, "How can you handle this guy?"

Glasel mouthed the words, "I think he's kind of cute."

Ace only glowered. "How long are we supposed to sit here hiding like a bunch of babies?" He asked.

"Pfft, it was your idea genius." Vulcan said.

"Alright, that's it! Get ready to-" "Shhh!" Glasel interrupted.

"What?" Ace wondered.

"The yetis." Glasel said.

"Yeah, too late." Vulcan said.

Ace turned his head in horror as both the yetis came running towards them like madmen.

"Go!" Glasel shouted.

At once, all three dragons went in different directions. Vulcan ran to the right and Glasel went left while Ace ran straight towards the yetis. As he ran, a raging fire blew from the right and caught a giant rock that came from the left on fire. The thing pelleted one yeti in the head knocking him sideways. At that moment Ace carefully pulled Flece off his back to use his own Earth power, and pulled a slab of rock out of the ground that shaped itself like a cliff. The yeti came charging at Ace to then slip on a slab of ice and ice skate off the cliff, doing 360's in the air. The yeti plummeted into the snow behind him. Vulcan and Glasel came out from the right and left sides and stood by Ace. The two yetis had already gotten back up.

"Ace! We just need the blood! Toss me the gem!" Vulcan shouted. Ace underhanded the gem into the air. Vulcan stood on his hind legs and caught it. "Charge!" He shouted

The three of them went for the two yetis. Ace found one yeti coming for him. He summoned a large rock and thrusted it at the monster. The yet caught it in its hands and returned the rock. Ace stared at the rock as it came flying at him. Just in time Glasel flew in front of it, waved her hand, and created a plate of pure ice. She raised it in front of her and the rock smashed into the plate, which caused it to repel backward at the yeti. Just in time the yeti ducked, and the one behind it got smashed in the face. Vulcan jumped forward, leaped off Glasel's back, and somersaulted through the air while unsheathing his sword. He soared over the first yetis head and landed his blade into the chest of the one behind it. The yeti sprawled, and exploded into dust.

"Here!" Vulcan shouted. He tossed the gem over the yetis head and to Ace.

Ace flew high into the sky, pulled a few small rocks from the ground, and flung them at the yeti like ninja stars. The yeti made no movement to dodge. The rocks splintered its chest, and it fell backward. Ace dived through the air and shoved the needle into the arm of the beast. Blood instantly ran inside the gem. He pulled out the gem, jumped back, and Glasel flew forward. She encased her claws in a substance found in the deepest part of the ground, solid, and shoved them inside the monsters chest. The thing screeched, then imploded into dust.

Glasel slowly rose. She turned towards the other two, breathing hard. Vulcan and Glasel gathered around Ace as he readied the needle. He put the needle through Flece's arm. He waited until all the blood drained, and pulled the gem out. They waited in silence for a few moments. Nothing happened.

Through deep breaths, Ace began speaking, "I don't think it worked..."

"It had to have worked." Glasel said.

"No I think we were to late." Ace replied.

Ace noticed Vulcan staring up into the sky.

"What are you staring at?" Ace asked.

"Check it out." Vulcan said with awe.

Both Glasel and Ace looked up into the sky, and noticed what was happening. The pitch black cloud above their heads had begun to thin. The blizzard had also stopped. Only tiny snowflakes remained, lightly coming down on them. With in seconds, the giant cloud was thinning from all directions, until finally, only small puffs of white clouds remained. The sun began to shine through, making the snow sparkle and glint. Suddenly a blazing fire appeared before them. Vulcan got into attack position.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:13:16 07/12/2012 by Gem-A-Knight
#39 Posted: 04:28:45 07/12/2012 | Topic Creator
The Cure
Chapter 7 (Cont...)

"Wait." said a voice.

Out from the fire appeared a bright red wolf on all fours, with glistening black eyes. The wolf was on fire, blazing blue flames, but he acted like it was completely normal.

"Excuse me for the sudden appearance." He said. His voice was soothing, but it boomed with extreme aggression.

"I am Walkskeen. Protector and spiritual guardian of The Winter Summits. You three,"
he pointed at Vulcan, Ace, and Glasel, "have freed me from being forever trapped in my useless form. I had been a cold blooded wolf, with half a human body. If I had lasted any longer the way I did, a human form of me would have completely taken over, abandoning my wolf like properties. While I am a spirit, I can still die if I lose my spiritual properties. I would have been a whole man, and wouldn't have been able to resist the freezing blizzards, thus I would have died with in seconds. You three have freed me of the long lasted curse. You killed all three of the yeti guardians that had me locked up in a small cave and had tortured me for thousands of years with the blistering cold. In my previous form, I could have died if I had ever seen the sunlight, but sun or no, I would still die in the cold, for it was still a weakness of mine. Thanks to the curse I was made to last longer in the cold, but as life went, my warm blooded properties had completely left me and was turning cold, thus is why I would have died. I am like a fire god. Ice would kill me no matter what form I'm in, and those yetis must have known my weakness, considering they caused me to suffer the way I had. I thank you."

"No problem." Vulcan said.

"Wait a second." Ace said

"Hmm?" Walkskeen wondered.

"If you're a fire god, can you fix this dragon over here?" Ace gestured to Flece, who remained unconscious. "I fought for this warm blood that was supposed to counteract the ice in her veins, but nothing happened."

"I'm a fire spirit, not a god." Walkskeen said. "Anyway, yes. Flece. Wonderful, and brave girl she is. Took out one yeti all by herself. I do pity her." Walkskeen frowned. "You injected the blood? I do say, that's very rare knowledge."

"What do you mean?" Glasel asked.

"Well, being that I'm a spirit, I can cure her alright, but not unless the blood was injected first. I'm only semi powerful. Not nearly as powerful as a god."

Walkskeen began to lift his head, then howled. A swirling vortex of fire shined in the air, and began to snake towards Flece at blinding speed. The fire blasted into Fleces body, and absorbed inside her skin. A few seconds later, blood drooled out her mouth. Walkskeen lowered his head.

Ace watched in horror. "What in the-" "Now, now," Walkskeen interrupted "Don't fright, yetis blood is fairly diseased. As soon as her body temperature returns to normal the blood must drool out, otherwise your friend here would die of poison. After all you've done for her that would be fairly depressing to watch."

"I'm gonna throw up." Ace said.

Walkskeen rolled his eyes. "Well, I must be going. You four have much to do you know. The
prophecy of eight must succeed, or all will be lost. You've done well so far. You just need four more."

"Wait what?" Ace wondered

It was too late. The spirit disappeared, leaving a hot wind behind him.

"What happened?" spoke a voice.

Ace, Vulcan, and Glasel turned to see Flece on all fours. She stared at the three of them, then gasped.

Glasel noticed she was staring at the crystal around her neck.

"What? What is it?" Glasel asked her.

Flece took a deep breath. "Glasel? My sister? But...I thought you were supposed to be dead!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:33:54 07/12/2012 by Gem-A-Knight
#40 Posted: 04:45:15 07/12/2012 | Topic Creator
(Next Chapter > Chapter 8 > The Prophecy)

Note: Don't even expect this from me anytime soon. Chapter 7 was a lot of work.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:45:55 07/12/2012 by Gem-A-Knight
#41 Posted: 16:57:00 07/12/2012
Hey...nice story...
You good at action and romance story... you got both...
Me just good in romance, probably Same or less from you...
You got more word to express what inside your head...
You make my mind imagining... like I was spectating them close enough... without they realize I'm there...
You just keep on your story...anytime...I'll do my part: Read and learn your way and style...
smilie smilie smilie
#42 Posted: 23:09:13 07/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Lol, thanks! Writing this chapter in particular was a thrill for me. smilie Glad you feel like you're actually being pulled into the story. That's just I was looking for!
#43 Posted: 17:05:41 08/12/2012
This is one of few story that do that to me...
Each dragon has showed their existence clearly...

Okay I'm looking forward for your next chapter...
#44 Posted: 04:56:52 10/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Okie doke. ^-^
#45 Posted: 03:20:54 24/12/2012
Cool chapter Gem.
#46 Posted: 05:28:28 24/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Thanks. ^
#47 Posted: 06:00:37 05/01/2013
Man I havn't been here in a while.
#48 Posted: 14:49:02 05/01/2013
Sure you are...
#49 Posted: 15:48:50 05/01/2013
Have you guys heard of the hacker dude, he hacked my brothers account to get into someone elses account.
#50 Posted: 01:46:03 06/01/2013
WTH?!
I just heard it when I read my inbox this morning...
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me