darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon > similarities between the tlos trilogy and the original star wars trilogy
Page 1 of 1
similarities between the tlos trilogy and the original star wars trilogy [CLOSED]
okami1995 Red Sparx Gems: 25
#1 Posted: 00:25:29 30/10/2012 | Topic Creator
*Sorry about any typos, I typed this up pretty fast, and it's late where I'm at so I can't be bothered to edit it now*

Hi. I just want to bring something up which I've noticed about this trilogy of games. There are a number of similarities between this and the original Star Wars trilogy.

In the first game, Spyro lives in a place where he has no idea of his past or powers. He then meets an old wise dragon called Ignitus who tells him of his powers and history, and Spyro subsequently trains with his newfound power to defeat evil.

In the second game, some time has passed, and Spyro leaves the dragon temple to search for an individual (I know the reasons for looking for Yoda and looking for Cynder are different, but still) and basically, on the way, he meets a somewhat yoda like character called the chronicler, who trains him. The chronicler also reveals that Malefor was the first purple dragon. This is similar to the "I am your father" line. Obviously different, but it significantly ties the main character and the villain together as was done in star wars. Later on, the chronicler, like yoda, tries to persuade the main character not to leave to fight the villain and rescue his friend, but of course he does and things end up ballsing up when he accidentally releases malefor. Much like in star wars empire strikes back, it's not a happy ending for anyone and it leaves you on a cliffhanger.

In the third and final game, the characters are released from the crystal, similar to how Han Solo was defrosted in Return of the Jedi, and much like Han, they are significantly weakened. Then they have to fight a giant monster from which they cannot immediately escape. The way hunter initially acts all mysterious is somewhat similar to how Leia disguised herself at the start of rotj. Subsequently, there is a large battle, as there was on the forest moon of endor, and of course, the climax in which our main character go up against the villain. Malefor, like the emperor, tries to persuade the main character to join the forces of evil, and when he refuses, malefor tries to kill spyro, eventually being defeated himself.

I know there are major differences between star wars and tlos, but you have to admit, there are large similarities.
SuperSpyroFan Diamond Sparx Gems: 9224
#2 Posted: 11:55:58 30/10/2012
There are even similarities between the Lord of the Rings too.
---
Crash Bandicoot is over-rated
#3 Posted: 19:48:43 30/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Definitely. I thought that TEN was especially Tolkienesque. The games even have Elijah Wood voicing the main character smilie. Oh, and linking the games to Star Wars again, it has Mark Hamil voice acting in the third game. Coincidence? Yes, probably, but still.
#4 Posted: 07:44:47 31/10/2012
Quote: okami1995
Definitely. I thought that TEN was especially Tolkienesque. The games even have Elijah Wood voicing the main character smilie. Oh, and linking the games to Star Wars again, it has Mark Hamil voice acting in the third game. Coincidence? Yes, probably, but still.

And they even messed up his voice in that game too, it probably would have been fine without the editing in his voice, because now I can hardly hear what he is supposed to be saying.
---
#5 Posted: 21:12:47 31/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Oh god, the voice editing. It was pointless and annoying. I could barely hear a thing Malefor said. Did they not test this bit of the game and think, "Hmm, Malefor sounds a little quiet, maybe we should change that".
#6 Posted: 11:26:23 01/11/2012
Quote: okami1995
Oh god, the voice editing. It was pointless and annoying. I could barely hear a thing Malefor said. Did they not test this bit of the game and think, "Hmm, Malefor sounds a little quiet, maybe we should change that".

I don't think the developers cared too much, the series was coming to a failure anyway, and they thought they'd better end it in style with even more stupidity than the previous two. smilie
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me