Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Spyro the Dragon Remade! [CLOSED]
Spyro LUVA Blue Sparx Gems: 638
#1 Posted: 20:04:46 30/06/2008 | Topic Creator
These are my ideas for a remake of the first Spyro game: (I wrote it in letter format, but I never sent it in)

PO Box 147
Lion's Head, Ontario
NOH 1WO
November 11, 2007
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen:
My name is Maxine Aiston (or Max for short) and I am a huge fan of the Spyro series. I have played and beaten every Spyro game for most non-hand-held consoles, like Play Station 1, Play Station 2, and Game Cube. I am writing to make a suggestion for the continuation of the Spyro series. After the final installment of the Legend of Spyro trilogy, I thought it would be an excellent idea to remake the first three Spyro games for next generation consoles. I think Spyro fans all over the world would thank you if you did; I know my original copies aren't working too well any more, and I still play them occasionally.
If the originals are to be famous once more, I believe several modifications must be made. Let's start with the first, Spyro the Dragon. This is my absolute favorite Spyro; it’s super fun, long, and creative, and I love the overall feel of the game; I think the music plays a part in this. However, the sound effects should be more realistic, and the graphics of course need an upgrade; I would prefer CGI, but my friend likes the cartoon-like graphics of Year of the Dragon. Also, the animation leaves a lot to be desired. More details and realistic looking characters and levels are needed; I can't stress that enough. Things need to look more 3-D too. Also, I would like it if the levels and worlds were to keep their original layout. The camera controls could be better too; one analog stick controls the movements, the other controls the camera.
Secondly, I think that the introduction should include some history of the Dragon Kingdoms. For example, how the dragon race was born, how they were banished from The Forgotten Worlds by the Sorceress, how they settled the Dragon Kingdoms, and how they met the Gnorcs and Fairies. Also it should include The Year Of The Dragon in which Spyro's egg was brought by the fairies and hatched, how Spyro and Sparx met and became best friends, the bond between them that causes Sparks to act as Spyro's health meter, and Gnasty Gnorc’s banishment and why he was banished. How Gnasty and his minions took over the kingdoms, the dragon's attempts at defense, how Gnasty's minions were created or joined him, and scenes from battles between the dragon's and Gnorcs, should also be included. The rest of the game should also be broken up by various cut scenes. Scenes showing Gnasty Gnorc's reactions to the defeat of his minions after each boss battle (which he views through the crystal on his staff), and short scenes showing a Spyro and the boss he is currently in battle with speaking with one another would be great. (I never thought Spyro and his adversaries talked enough in the originals). But the original cut scenes, including the ones where Spyro talks to the dragon he just freed, should stay the same.
Thirdly, I think Spyro the Dragon could benefit from certain aspects of the second and third games. For example, I like that there are many tasks, mini games and collectables, like gems, orbs, and talismans in Ripto's Rage and Year of the Dragon, and eggs from the original. If you could interact with some of the dragons you freed from crystal a little more, and were asked to do them a favor in return for something, the game may be more challenging. Games like bowling, skateboarding, Sparx challenges, and cannon blasting would be fun. As for the collectibles you earn, you could gather dragon scales, fairy wands, things like that. It would be awesome if you could unlock fan art, and concept art. Also, there should be special abilities like the ability to view any of the movies whenever you want, like in Spyro2, and permanent flight, which would be obtained after all the speedways and Gnasty's Loot were completed. Speaking of the speedways, they could be better if you could race the computer like in Spyro 3, and if there was a multi player mode, so you could compete with your friends in all the mini games.
Legend of Spyro also has a lot to offer Spyro the Dragon, like elemental breaths like fire, electricity, ice, earth, and even cyclones, created by Spyro's wings. Spyro will start with flame breath, and the rest of these abilities would be obtained after each dragon home was conquered. I think, to make things more challenging, the new breaths can only be obtained after every dragon is free. This means that the new breaths cannot be essential to completing the game. When they are freed, the balloonist is the one who gives Spyro his new power. Also, the simple hover maneuver would be an improvement. However, I don't want Spyro to be able to use fury attacks. To enhance the enemies, they should look more intimidating. They should be bigger, have fangs, meaner, uglier, faces, more powerful weapons, more thug-like, primitive postures, nasty body language, and be just plain grotesque looking. I also like the idea of the camera zooming in on the bigger, nastier enemies the first time you see them, like the larger Gnorcs with clubs in Dark Hollow, similar to the close up of the mammoth in A Hero's Tail. The Gnorcs should also stand up to Spiro more; the ones in the Artisan home just run away. However, instead of using melee moves, which takes too long, the enemies (save for bosses) die after one quick flame. The atmosphere of the different levels and boss arenas should also be a little darker, but brighten up once the level is conquered. I think that seeing the dragons that Spyro has freed roaming around their homes once more, instead of disappearing and never coming back, would help with this. Also, it would be great to replace some of the original dragons with female dragons.
Now, let’s talk voice talents. I don't think Elijah Wood is right for the roll of Spyro in this game. Instead, I think Tom Kenny would be a good choice. The guardians Ignitus, Cirryl, Volteer, and Terrador, won't be in this game, as I want it to be as similar to the original as possible (except for the previous changes I have mentioned). The voices of the additional dragons, Gnasty Gnorc, the other bosses, and the balloonist are up to you. Also, a female love interest would be cool too. Maybe Ember from A Hero's Tail; her voice is up to you too. Sparx however, shouldn’t have a voice at all.
Lastly, at the end of the game after you have defeated Gnasty Gnorc, and gathered all the treasure in his treasure hoard, you see the dragons being turned to crystal again in the final movie, but the game just ends. I think, just to tie up loose ends, you should fight Gnasty Gnorc one last time. However, to keep the game from being too long, I think it would be wicked if you just chased Gnasty in a flying saucer, blowing up his ship while dodging blasts from his staff. When you defeat Gnasty, his staff is destroyed and the Dragons are free once more! Then when the credits come on again, my name will hopefully be in the special thanks, or created by column.
In closing, I would like to remind you that everything but the changes I have specified are to remain exactly as it were in the original. E.g. Most of the dialog, most character designs, level designs, location of the dragons, screenplay, music, etc. Also, it might be a good idea to work in cooperation with Insomniac Games, the creators of the original Spyro the Dragon and maybe Krome Studios. I'll send you my ideas for the second and third games if this one is a success. Lastly, feel free to drop me a line, at eXcelciaiston@hotmail.com
Yours truly,
Maxine Aiston
P.S. Some Spyro fans will need a little convincing after the last games, which some people think were terrible. So I suggest advertising this new game as much as possible, and also adding a demo to the Spyro website, allowing fans to test the game for themselves and rate the game.
---
Look @ my YouTube channel! PLZ subscribe if you like!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SpyroLUVA
OBEY THE HIPNOTOAD! THE HIPNOTOAD KNOWS ALL!
Cynder_Rox Gold Sparx Gems: 2322
#2 Posted: 20:59:26 30/06/2008
Cool idea but I like the way the Original Insomniac Spyro games are. It is what makes them classics. Though some spefiying up might not be to bad either. It might catch the eye of soon to be Spyro fans.smilie
SequoiaDragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3930
#3 Posted: 15:48:55 01/07/2008
You should send this! smilie
---
My book Harahpin is now on sale! smilie
#4 Posted: 16:42:27 01/07/2008 | Topic Creator
I would but postage is expensive! And what about theft?
Does anyone know where I could send this to by E Mail?
---
Last edited at 16:43:45 01/07/2008 by Spyro LUVA
IamCynder Green Sparx Gems: 462
#5 Posted: 16:58:08 01/07/2008
Do you want to send this to Sierra, because I think I could dig up some of their emails if you wanted me to.
#6 Posted: 22:04:28 01/07/2008 | Topic Creator
Yes please!
---
IamCynder Green Sparx Gems: 462
#7 Posted: 22:09:44 02/07/2008
okay, on their forum, I could pm them the info. I am going to ask your permission to do so, and if you want me to just post on here, and I will send it to them. i will pm you the response IF they respond.

Edit: NM, just go to www.kromestudios.com and scroll down to the bottom of the page, then click contact, and you can send them a message! Note: It is kinda hard to see the word Contact, but it IS there!
Last edited at 22:15:35 02/07/2008 by IamCynder
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#8 Posted: 00:00:02 03/07/2008
Krome does not do that, so go with the other idea, though it likely will not come to any thing.
Red Acolyte Ripto Gems: 180
#9 Posted: 05:01:29 04/07/2008
I like your ideas. If you had an ideas for Ripto's Rage, I'd like to share some of my ideas with you. smilie
#10 Posted: 12:49:29 04/07/2008 | Topic Creator
I sent some messages to Krome asking if they were interested and never got a response. But that doesn't matter since they are no longer making the games. I guess I'd have to send it to Estranges Libellules (sp?); I'm sure they have people on their staff who can understand English.
---
DragonFriend244 Blue Sparx Gems: 767
#11 Posted: 19:57:34 06/07/2008
Awesome! The Spyro games do needs little bit of an upgrade. Also either send it to Sierra or EL.
Ratchet Blue Sparx Gems: 662
#12 Posted: 09:36:48 10/07/2008
Yeah, send it to Sierra or Universal. Not EL and defiently not Krome.
THe Producers make the decisions, not the Developers
Patamon Blue Sparx Gems: 855
#13 Posted: 02:57:19 06/12/2008
DUDE, How long did it take you to write that.
---
year of the dragon is best
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me