Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan-based Spyro Game Ideas
Page 1 of 1
Fan-based Spyro Game Ideas [CLOSED]
Zaifuten Green Sparx Gems: 103
#1 Posted: 00:19:46 24/10/2012 | Topic Creator
As a purely Classic Spyro fan, I know there is a lot of tension between the Spyro fans about who likes which Spyro. I thrive off crossovers and since I doubt this could ever happen, I thought we as Spyro fans would think up our own Spyro game that would make all of us happy. I just want to see what we could think up. Pick one or more category and throw in some ideas for it and I'll add them to the list with your name then we can discuss the the game we created.

Only requirement, has to revolve around all three Spyros.
Just get rid of the () before you post. smilie

~Categories~

Plot: (What main storyline and plot devices would you like to see in a Spyro game?)

Playable Characters: (Which characters other than the three Spyros would you love to play in game?)

NPCs You'd Like to See: (Got any old NPCs you'd like to see again for advice and the like? Or perhaps new NPCs or you own making...)

Gameplay: (What type of game play would you like to play? RPG{leveling system}, Adventure{need specific items to increase your powers} or both? A world that that's on a set path or one where there's a lot of stuff to explore and you get lost looking through all of it?)

System: (If it were a real game what gaming system would it be on?)

Camera Type: (How do you want the camera? First person, active or a camera where you look down on your character from above?)

Homeworlds: (Make up a main world that leads into the smaller realms.)

Levels: (What would you like to see in a level and what kinda of quests?)

Abilities per Character: (Pick a character and think about which abilities of theirs you'd like to see.)

Battle System: (How do you want to play? One character at a time and switch them out because you need different characters for different things or do you want to travel with your whole party out on screen and you pick which one you want to play while the others follow you?)

Main Game Objectives: (What type of things do you want to collect to beat a level and get a 100% for the game? Like Talismans in Gateway to Glimmer or dragon eggs in YotD. Should we bring back the gem system?)

Minor Game Objectives: (What kind of little trinkets should we get for finishing a quest or have to find them hidden? Like the orbs in Gaeway to Glimmer.)

Main Villain(s): (Who do you want back a villain? Or do you want to make up someone new?)

Minor Villains: (What kinda in-level mini bosses or between world bosses should you have to defeat before moving on?)

Extra: (Anything extra you'd like to see in game. Like romance or tragedy.)
---
Detailed Spyro RP. http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=62564
My Deviant Art. http://alpine-dragon-queen.deviantart.com/
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#2 Posted: 04:24:14 24/10/2012
Will this be a 3D game, or a 2D Side-scrolling game?
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
Zaifuten Green Sparx Gems: 103
#3 Posted: 04:55:36 24/10/2012 | Topic Creator
I'd go for 3D.
---
Detailed Spyro RP. http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=62564
My Deviant Art. http://alpine-dragon-queen.deviantart.com/
Kurui Ripto Gems: 191
#4 Posted: 09:22:02 29/10/2012
I don't know enough about other Spyros aside of Skylanders to make many suggestions, but I prefer completely 2D or 2.5D games (3d = do. not. want.). And with lots and lots of Glumshanks in it o.o <3 To tickle my fancy.

Art style: Somethin akin to Rayman origins or any other vibrant and detailed artwork (or perhaps something with a hand-animated feel to it).

As for gameplay: I could see maybe a platform game of sorts. A side-scroller would be nice, very linear, with both story and mission-based objectives (as seen in many sandbox RPGs nowadays) and lots of "extras" for fleshing it out. For battles, straight up platforming goodness perhaps with strategies per boss/event (LoZ-esque?), or shake it up with some things you can level, maybe leveling skills and equips - more in RPG fashion?

Because of the side platform ideal, camera would be deadset of course, as in all side-scrolling games.

And as mentioned, Glumshanks should play a big part, villain or otherwise, and Kaos as well.

Not a fan of romance so I'd leave that out. Make it all action/comedy or dark/mature action with some comedic bits.

Did I mention action? smilie
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me