darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon > I think the game would have been more dramatic if...
Page 1 of 1
I think the game would have been more dramatic if... [CLOSED]
SpyroCrazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1648
#1 Posted: 16:23:18 23/10/2012 | Topic Creator
...Cynder had been a double agent. It would have made a hell of a lot of sense, and let me tell you why.
If there's one thing in DOTD that really stuck out to me as unrealistic, it's how well adjusted Cynder is (same with TEN, but more so in this game). Apart from a few little wobbly moments, she's incredibly sure of herself, very certain that she's been manipulated and done wrong and will now fight for good. She's suddenly all set to fight Malefor and help Spyro, and throughout the general game she has a very confident demeanour. Now, I'm sorry, but she would not act like that, not after what she's been through - right from birth, she has been poisoned, corrupted and twisted, made to do Malefor's bidding. In other words, she has never known any different to the darkness she's been subjected to. Suddenly being taken back to the 'real world' and being told that everything she'd ever done was wrong would only confuse her, because she'd have no morals, no comparisons - it'd be like someone taking you and telling you that all the good deeds you've ever done were in fact acts of abomination, because her orders from Gaul and those of higher power will have, in her mind, been seen as the right thing to do. She'd be screwed up as anything, bewildered and confused as to what was right and wrong. If she's lived a life that was utterly devoted to her freeing of Malefor, she's bound to feel unhealthily obsessive towards him (Stockholm Syndrome, anyone?) - he'll feel like her father figure - so I find it very hard to believe that she'd suddenly be able to switch round and try and kill him. She's had several years of manipulation, don't forget - you're mindset doesn't just switch because someone's told it to.
That's why I think it would have made more sense if her I'm-cool-with-it attitude was just an act to win Spyro over, get him to Malefor, and betray him. It would have explained why she was acting so well adjusted and conveyed just how damaged she really was, showing her to have an unhealthy adoration for her manipulative master. Plus it would have made a pretty dramatic finale if you had to fight Cynder and Malefor.

Obviously I appreciate that it is a children's game, and I don't expect the makers to go into deep psychoanalysis with the characters. I just think it would've been a pretty good idea, and explained a lot, but then, that's only my opinion.
---
SuperWhoAvengePokéThatterLock
#2 Posted: 17:25:13 24/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Is this mockery? Because I don't appreciate it.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:52:06 24/10/2012 by SpyroCrazy
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#3 Posted: 20:53:30 24/10/2012
I think that this means that he's speechless.At least that's what the other usages of this video were for in other threads I saw. :U

It really should be the direction the game should've gone to,or at least something close to that(Cynder,in the end,undecisive is she should let things happen or stop her master,not 'omg I am studdenly possessed by evil' thing). Cynder was getting well developed in TEN(reclusive,trying to do things by herself,but without her old power she was an easy target),and they broke it all in DOTD by making her a jerk - but it's all nice,because she's a heroine and in love with Spyro! *groan* They could've kept some things of the game's current plot,but her personality was out of place and badly done. This one would've been a much better option,at least in part of the story,since the fandom would go with death threats against Activision for not making Cynder a good guy in the end.

You,sir(lady?) deserve a cookie for that idea,but if only Étranges Libellules had this idea years ago... D:
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#4 Posted: 15:29:02 25/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
I think that this means that he's speechless.At least that's what the other usages of this video were for in other threads I saw. :U

It really should be the direction the game should've gone to,or at least something close to that(Cynder,in the end,undecisive is she should let things happen or stop her master,not 'omg I am studdenly possessed by evil' thing). Cynder was getting well developed in TEN(reclusive,trying to do things by herself,but without her old power she was an easy target),and they broke it all in DOTD by making her a jerk - but it's all nice,because she's a heroine and in love with Spyro! *groan* They could've kept some things of the game's current plot,but her personality was out of place and badly done. This one would've been a much better option,at least in part of the story,since the fandom would go with death threats against Activision for not making Cynder a good guy in the end.

You,sir(lady?) deserve a cookie for that idea,but if only Étranges Libellules had this idea years ago... D:

It's lady. And I would accept that cookie with many thanks. smilie
Anyway, I don't know. Playing the game again it just really stuck out as strange, because she was at least pretty insecure in TEN. In DOTD she's like a big strong independent woman who don't need no man. I just felt that, if she was earnest, she wouldn't act so confidently - she'd quiver like a mentally unstable jelly.
---
#5 Posted: 19:32:50 26/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: SPARXisAWESOME
Quote: SpyroCrazy
Is this mockery? Because I don't appreciate it.

No I really like the idea smilie

Oh, thank you then. I apologize for not knowing the difference between compliments and ridicule. smilie
---
Jet-Vac Green Sparx Gems: 145
#6 Posted: 22:23:40 30/10/2012
Cynder should have been a double agent. I agree. If so, this would have been a good final game. Not saying it was, but... well, you know. smilie
---
Skylanders Team: smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
RadSpyro Gold Sparx Gems: 2007
#7 Posted: 16:15:11 31/10/2012
This is actually what I was hoping for at the end of the game. I was bitterly disappointed by how utterly predictable the ending was, and, in a way, I'm glad it ended at DotD.

If Cynder had teamed up with Malefor at the end, that would have made it so much better, IMHO.
---
TUMBLR
DEVIANTART
Visit me and stuff.
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10010
#8 Posted: 19:40:06 31/10/2012
You know, she kinda was a double agent the whole time.
I remember... Malefor's words = 'How she lured you to the well of souls, tricked you into freeing me' (or something like that) .

That sounded more like a last-minute attempt do it,though. They spend pretty much 3 seconds with this,then go directly to Cynder becoming evil for no reason and Spyro using the power of love to free her and stuff. Not to mention Cynder never lured him to the Well,she actually ran away to keep him away from it.
In the GBA version of TEN,which actually has a lot of plot points cleared compared to the console game, shows that Cynder went there to kill Gaul before the Night of Eternal Darkness(and then stop Malefor),but got defeated pretty quickly and had to be saved by Spyro. In the console version she wasn't even trying to go to the Well,just left the Temple out of insecurity and got captured and taken there.
But well,most of Malefor's reasoning and dialogue opened so many plot holes that he broke the storyline TEN was trying to make. It's kinda hard to take what he said as canon after all this time.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:41:41 31/10/2012 by Bifrost
#9 Posted: 11:20:24 01/11/2012 | Topic Creator
They didn't develop her very well. Even if she was a double agent, they wouldn't have necessarily had to portray her as malicious and evil. It could've had quite a sad approach to it, playing on Spyro's guilt that he couldn't help her, that she was too damaged to be saved. Then, though Spyro would still save the world, there would still he the heavy emotion of Spyro losing her - he's saved everything, but lost what mattered to him the most. Unrequited love is so much more dramatic. It would've stopped the ending being so sickly.
---
Fly Spyro Fly Green Sparx Gems: 446
#10 Posted: 12:41:30 04/11/2012

--------

SHE SHOULD BE A DOUBLE AGENT
#11 Posted: 16:33:34 05/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Fly Spyro Fly

--------

SHE SHOULD BE A DOUBLE AGENT

I'm glad you like the idea. smilie
---
Darby Platinum Sparx Gems: 5738
#12 Posted: 17:10:33 24/11/2012
I think it'd be interesting if she really was a double agent. If she really had lured him to the Well of Souls, and lured him to Malefor in the end, just to turn corrupted and have Spyro have to fight her. And not have him give up on saving the world because of it.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9026
#13 Posted: 20:16:43 26/11/2012
It'd make for a wonderfully depressing ending. ^.^
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me