Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Universe [CLOSED] > Connecting Portal of Power to MacBook Pro
Page 1 of 1
Connecting Portal of Power to MacBook Pro [CLOSED]
Hindsight Green Sparx Gems: 200
#1 Posted: 20:15:37 21/10/2012 | Topic Creator
I'm shocked by how much money Activision is making that their support documentation is so weak.

I have three Portals of Power and none of them want to work. I've run the installation and it says "Has been installed correctly" but then immediatly recommends installing yet another drive, and the cycle just repeats.

Has anyone else had this problem and defeated it?

Thanks in advance.

Note - Using a Retina Display MacBook Pro. Skylanders Universe beeps, or chirps, when the thing is connected, but placing a Skylander on it does nothing.
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#2 Posted: 20:47:26 21/10/2012
And this is why I don't buy apple things.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
Hindsight Green Sparx Gems: 200
#3 Posted: 01:14:52 22/10/2012 | Topic Creator
Yea, that was neither constructive nor helpful.

This laptop boots up in seconds, runs Adobe's Creative Suite like a dream and has enabled me to build a business that employs half a dozen people and gives me the chance to buy more Skylanders than a grown man probably should.

If the trade-off is that I have to type in my codes manually, so be it. =)
ATVIAssist Blue Sparx Gems: 978
#4 Posted: 11:59:39 26/10/2012
Hello Hindsight,

There isn't much that needs to be instructed about the installation of the driver. To make sure you have done the steps found under this article correct? https://support.activision.com...c-portal-driver

If yes have you tried removing the driver and reinstalling it again? Open the USB installer software. It should have an "Uninstall" or remove option.

^MS
---
ATVIassist. Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ActivisionAssist and Twitter https://twitter.com/ATVIAssist
ATVIAssist Blue Sparx Gems: 978
#5 Posted: 08:47:51 27/10/2012
Quote: Ryanator20x6
Quote: Hindsight

This laptop boots up in seconds, runs Adobe's Creative Suite like a dream and has enabled me to build a business that employs half a dozen people and gives me the chance to buy more Skylanders than a grown man probably should.

An apple fan eh. Well how much did you pay for that? Hehehe gotcha. Also windows PCs CAN do ALL of that.

Please stay on topic.

^MS
---
ATVIassist. Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ActivisionAssist and Twitter https://twitter.com/ATVIAssist
SuperSonic3315 Green Sparx Gems: 120
#6 Posted: 21:05:36 12/11/2012
When i try using my wireless portal with skylanders universe (after the Giants update) it wants me to install a new driver. i do that and it says the portal has been installed, but it doesn't work.

Help plz

Have smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 03:30:17 30/11/2012 by SuperSonic3315
Ryanator20x6 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1848
#7 Posted: 19:15:37 17/11/2012
Quote: ATVIAssist
Quote: Ryanator20x6

An apple fan eh. Well how much did you pay for that? Hehehe gotcha. Also windows PCs CAN do ALL of that.

Please stay on topic.

^MS

That isn't "off topic".I just replied to what the other guy said. I have a suspicion that you just don't agree with what I said. You could just say that. You could also say the conversation got a little side-tracked. So what? It happens. Please don't start an argument with me. I don't like when that happens.
---
Hello from Seattle

ask.fm/RyanNeely889
SuperSonic3315 Green Sparx Gems: 120
#8 Posted: 16:31:09 18/11/2012
I'm shocked by how much money Activision is making that their support documentation is so weak.

I have three Portals of Power and none of them want to work. I've run the installation and it says "Has been installed correctly" but then immediatly recommends installing yet another drive, and the cycle just repeats.

Has anyone else had this problem and defeated it?

Thanks in advance.

Note - Using a Retina Display MacBook Pro. Skylanders Universe beeps, or chirps, when the thing is connected, but placing a Skylander on it does nothing.

This has happened to me too, but I still can't figure something out… Did your Portal stop working after the update that added the Giants?
Flashwing Yellow Sparx Gems: 1411
#9 Posted: 02:32:43 05/01/2013
My windows Xp computer installs the thingy and runs perfectly on Day 1, then on Day 2 when I plug it in, it does nothing, and says please plug in the portal. It glows to show its on, and my computer says Found New Hardware.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me