Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Flying controlls [CLOSED]
Spyla Fodder
#1 Posted: 00:35:58 29/06/2008
Any ideas on how spyro/cynder are going to fly?
Miles tails Fodder
#2 Posted: 00:37:17 29/06/2008
try playing wings of fury.
spyla Fodder
#3 Posted: 00:39:48 29/06/2008
No i mean 4 DotD not WoF controlls.
Axel Yellow Sparx Gems: 1975
#4 Posted: 00:47:43 29/06/2008
Dunno. You probably hold down X or somethin, or you press a button that will keep you in the air....
---
Wanna go for a ride?
Spyla Fodder
#5 Posted: 00:51:06 29/06/2008
Maybe? or u press XXX and use L analog 4 ^ < > v and 4 landing u hold X.
Miles tails Fodder
#6 Posted: 01:20:18 29/06/2008
I know how... You start it just like like gliding then tilt up to go up or down to go down simple yet fun! and you land by touching the ground automatically!
Spyla Fodder
#7 Posted: 01:31:06 29/06/2008
sounds awsome! anything else. any other opinions. its not that miles tails idea is bad i just need another opinion. its a nice idea miles tails!!!!!!!!!!!
Gwenio Gold Sparx Gems: 2454
#8 Posted: 01:39:55 29/06/2008
Quote: Axel
Dunno. You probably hold down X or somethin, or you press a button that will keep you in the air....

Triple jump, then use control like gliding.
Miles tails Fodder
#9 Posted: 01:41:54 29/06/2008
thanks!!
Spyla Fodder
#10 Posted: 01:50:13 29/06/2008
Quote: Gwenio

Triple jump, then use control like gliding.

how do u go side to side and up and down if you keep pressing X to glide all the time?
Anonymous Fodder
#11 Posted: 01:51:57 29/06/2008
i have an idea how you can do it on the xbox360 you hold down a to land press y
Spyla Fodder
#12 Posted: 01:57:56 29/06/2008
that would B cool if i had an xbox but nice idea!
#13 Posted: 02:02:05 29/06/2008
Analog stick, six axis for PS3...
Spyla Fodder
#14 Posted: 02:07:07 29/06/2008
which analog stick and what do u mean by six axis?
#15 Posted: 02:12:04 29/06/2008
Special motion control feature of the Dualshock3 controler of the PS3.
Spyla Fodder
#16 Posted: 02:14:38 29/06/2008
about the analog. which analog stick?
#17 Posted: 02:19:01 29/06/2008
Left on the PS2, the Wii only has one, Xbox 360 ... who cares?
Spyla Fodder
#18 Posted: 02:23:34 29/06/2008
which fingur controlls L analog if your still holding X?
Spyro Technics Yellow Sparx Gems: 1899
#19 Posted: 02:28:17 29/06/2008
Quote: Spyla
which fingur controlls L analog if your still holding X?

Your other hand...If you look at a PS2 controller, they made an awsome decision where the put X, square, triangle and circle on the opposite side to the left analog stick. smilie

I read somewhere you just do a triple jump (X, X, X) and then just fly around....Like walking, but in the air.
++ I would love it if you had to tap X every once in a while to flap Spyro's wings...It would make it a bit more invovled.
Spyla Fodder
#20 Posted: 02:37:21 29/06/2008
if u use both hands on one side of the controller than what happens on the other side of it? it could be 2 late to use fury before geting attacked by an enemy.
Spyla Fodder
#21 Posted: 04:54:18 29/06/2008

after X X X u can still go forward without the L analog unless u nugde it back to stay in place and nugde it forward once to go forward(nugde back once to stay in place and nugde back again for a long time to back up).
#22 Posted: 04:58:35 29/06/2008

after X X X u can still go forward without the L analog unless u nugde it back to stay in place and nugde it forward once to go forward(nugde back once to stay in place and nugde back again for a long time to back up).

WHERE DO YOU PPLS GET THIS INFORMATION!!

wait, let me guess.... teh internet....
---
Wanna go for a ride?
Spyla Fodder
#23 Posted: 05:10:26 29/06/2008
N-no that was just my thery. i only guessed but there is a chase that the produsers might go with these controlls or in a diffrent way. O and that was a good guess.smilie
Tango Gold Sparx Gems: 2076
#24 Posted: 12:09:44 29/06/2008

WHERE DO YOU PPLS GET THIS INFORMATION!!

wait, let me guess.... teh internet....

where else do you get it? smilie
RenanSpyro Yellow Sparx Gems: 1619
#25 Posted: 16:00:45 29/06/2008
In the Sierra Forums Q&A #2, Mike, from Sierra, said this:

Quote:
I absolutely feel that Dawn of the Dragon will be special. As far as the "best", that somewhat depends on which side of the "old" versus "new" debate you are on.

We have worked diligently with our friends at Etranges Libellules (AKA - Strange Dragonfly) to maintain continuity with the previous two titles, and to provide more areas for exploration to help appease the fans of the older games. While it's not an "old school" game, I do think that some of the feelings that players felt when playing the older games are not just recaptured in DotD, but taken to a whole new level. Flying through some of the areas feels absolutely magical and unique. Regarding the flying, allow me answer a few questions that have come up on the forums:

1.) There is no "Flight Meter". The player can triple jump any time to start flying.

2.) There is a height limit. We didn't want to turn Spyro into an airplane shooter. On one of our visits to Etranges Libellules earlier in the project, we explored dozens of different games that had flying and all felt that, though many of them allowed the player to fly way up into the air, they fell way short of capturing the sensation of flying. So that became the new approach. We were finding that flying through trees felt better than flying over them. So rest assured that, despite the limitations, it feels amazing. It's truly beautiful.

Getting back to the "best" question - it's an odd thing to try to compare games, especially in the same series. The reason I say that is that things change over time. New technology allows for new ideas to flourish. This trilogy has been a journey with many hurdles. We have been fortunate enough to work with talented, passionate, and driven individuals over the span of the last 3 years; our good friends at Krome Studios that were brave enough to walk into this uncharted territory with us, our composers (Gabe and Becky) that have captured the spirit of this trilogy with their music, our friend Patrick Hegarty who helped us write this story and develop these characters, and of course all of you who continue to challenge us and encourage us to pursue perfection - everyone involved has set the foundation for this game. Everyone involved has made this game what it is. And so far, Etranges Libellules is smashing this one out of the park.

I think this can answer your question. smilie
---
Classic Spyro rocks!
AntauriWolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1248
#26 Posted: 16:34:40 29/06/2008
Triple jump? Wow, that's new. I've only been exposed to Double Jump haha. I guess I'm going to have to get used to pressing the X button 3 times. *starts practicing* xD
#27 Posted: 16:45:23 29/06/2008
Quote: AntauriWolf
Triple jump? Wow, that's new. I've only been exposed to Double Jump haha. I guess I'm going to have to get used to pressing the X button 3 times. *starts practicing* xD

I remember, when I was young, and I was falling and was gonna die, I would keep on pressing "X" really fast! smilie
---
Wanna go for a ride?
AntauriWolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1248
#28 Posted: 16:48:32 29/06/2008
Hah, wouldn't that make it worse? xD
#29 Posted: 16:51:38 29/06/2008
Yeah, but I still did that! smilie
---
Wanna go for a ride?
Spyla Fodder
#30 Posted: 22:34:23 29/06/2008
i know it was X X X it just makes seens that X means X, X X means glide and X X X means fly its the perficed controlls. I KNOW IT!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S
sorry to glote.
Spyro LUVA Blue Sparx Gems: 638
#31 Posted: 02:59:29 30/06/2008
Maybe like flying with a power up in the old games. XX to start flying, then use analog or D pad to steer, and then use a button to hover or just touch down.
---
Look @ my YouTube channel! PLZ subscribe if you like!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SpyroLUVA
OBEY THE HIPNOTOAD! THE HIPNOTOAD KNOWS ALL!
Spyla Fodder
#32 Posted: 03:46:58 30/06/2008
spyro LUVA do me a favor and go to the first page of this topic Please.
Spyla Fodder
#33 Posted: 03:56:53 30/06/2008
Quote: RenanSpyro

Quote:
I absolutely feel that Dawn of the Dragon will be special. As far as the "best", that somewhat depends on which side of the "old" versus "new" debate you are on.

We have worked diligently with our friends at Etranges Libellules (AKA - Strange Dragonfly) to maintain continuity with the previous two titles, and to provide more areas for exploration to help appease the fans of the older games. While it's not an "old school" game, I do think that some of the feelings that players felt when playing the older games are not just recaptured in DotD, but taken to a whole new level. Flying through some of the areas feels absolutely magical and unique. Regarding the flying, allow me answer a few questions that have come up on the forums:

1.) There is no "Flight Meter". The player can triple jump any time to start flying.

2.) There is a height limit. We didn't want to turn Spyro into an airplane shooter. On one of our visits to Etranges Libellules earlier in the project, we explored dozens of different games that had flying and all felt that, though many of them allowed the player to fly way up into the air, they fell way short of capturing the sensation of flying. So that became the new approach. We were finding that flying through trees felt better than flying over them. So rest assured that, despite the limitations, it feels amazing. It's truly beautiful.

Getting back to the "best" question - it's an odd thing to try to compare games, especially in the same series. The reason I say that is that things change over time. New technology allows for new ideas to flourish. This trilogy has been a journey with many hurdles. We have been fortunate enough to work with talented, passionate, and driven individuals over the span of the last 3 years; our good friends at Krome Studios that were brave enough to walk into this uncharted territory with us, our composers (Gabe and Becky) that have captured the spirit of this trilogy with their music, our friend Patrick Hegarty who helped us write this story and develop these characters, and of course all of you who continue to challenge us and encourage us to pursue perfection - everyone involved has set the foundation for this game. Everyone involved has made this game what it is. And so far, Etranges Libellules is smashing this one out of the park.

or maybe you could look at this quote again.
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#34 Posted: 04:23:04 30/06/2008
According to this, PS3 users (maybe Glitch Box users as well) will be able to tilt and move the controller to fly like they did with Lair, but it will be an option (same with Lair). That makes me happy, because flying like that is a pain in the arse. xD
Spyro Technics Yellow Sparx Gems: 1899
#35 Posted: 06:27:57 30/06/2008
if u use both hands on one side of the controller than what happens on the other side of it? it could be 2 late to use fury before geting attacked by an enemy.

Um...I don't play with two hands on one side... 0.o Why would you anyway?
#36 Posted: 14:34:16 30/06/2008
Quote: Shrazer320
According to this, PS3 users (maybe Glitch Box users as well) will be able to tilt and move the controller to fly like they did with Lair, but it will be an option (same with Lair). That makes me happy, because flying like that is a pain in the arse. xD

I don't think that would be possible with the Xbox 360 Controller... But that might also be present in the Wii version, though.
---
Classic Spyro rocks!
Last edited at 14:35:24 30/06/2008 by RenanSpyro
#37 Posted: 16:54:48 30/06/2008

What do you mean? There is only one page to this topic, and the first post (as you know, coz you wrote it) asks "How do you think the flight controlls will work?" and I've answered that question.
---
matesds Emerald Sparx Gems: 3504
#38 Posted: 08:53:54 01/07/2008
Quote: Spyro LUVA

What do you mean? There is only one page to this topic, and the first post (as you know, coz you wrote it) asks "How do you think the flight controlls will work?" and I've answered that question.

Fodders have only 20 posts per page, users can set 20, 30 or 50 (automaticaly setted) post per page.

By my oppinion, GlitchBox users cant fly or must buy wheel. Playstation3 users have SixaxiS (try read it reverse smilie), And wii users have control it by using controler in herizontaly position.
---
Keep smile
#39 Posted: 12:03:54 01/07/2008
Quote: matesds
By my oppinion, GlitchBox users cant fly or must buy wheel. Playstation3 users have SixaxiS (try read it reverse smilie), And wii users have control it by using controler in herizontaly position.

But the Sixaxis controls will be optional... It will be possible to use normal controls as well... Therefore, Glitchbox users WILL be able to fly...
---
Classic Spyro rocks!
Cynder_543 Fodder
#40 Posted: 12:40:25 01/07/2008
I think you would press X once to jump and then again to fly. To go back on land you well have to fly down on the ground. You press triangle to spit out fire balls. To go up you move the anerlog stick down and to down you would have to move it up! That is what I am use to so I hope that is what is going to be like in the game.
#41 Posted: 13:21:54 01/07/2008
Quote: matesds
Quote: Spyro LUVA

Fodders have only 20 posts per page, users can set 20, 30 or 50 (automaticaly setted) post per page.

What does that have to do with what Spyla and I said to eachother?
---
Byrn Yellow Sparx Gems: 1250
#42 Posted: 21:47:30 02/07/2008
In Drakan you pressed a button to jump in the air and you steered with both the analog sticks to move left and right or up and down. If you got nice and high then tilted both downwards you would do a superfast glide. Flips made me dizzy though.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
#43 Posted: 21:49:44 02/07/2008
I've never heard of Drakan, it is good, what console it is for?
---
#44 Posted: 17:24:10 04/07/2008
The first ones for PC but the second is for PS2. I really like it and recommend it to all you dragon lovers.
---
Sanity is a one trick pony, all you get is one trick, rational thinking. But when you're good and crazy, the skys the limit!
Eternal Night Green Sparx Gems: 447
#45 Posted: 13:04:21 07/07/2008
Quote: RenanSpyro

Quote:

or maybe you could look at this quote again.

Sierra know's. smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
---
The Darkest Hour is Right Before the Dawn..
SilverDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#46 Posted: 15:19:24 07/07/2008
Triple jump? Sound funny smilie
---
https://dragcave.net/user/Makatootie
Last edited at 15:19:37 07/07/2008 by SilverDragon
#47 Posted: 15:56:30 07/07/2008
Cool; that clears things up.
---
#48 Posted: 18:54:11 08/07/2008
Good, I always liked double jumping. I wonder if we will still be able to hover downward like in the last two?
---
spiro101 Blue Sparx Gems: 647
#49 Posted: 19:47:20 08/07/2008
they said somewere in the computer, that u have to jump twice, and then doe a third jump and then just move the analog.
---
i am the real spiro 101 and know 1 will take it *ROAR*
Coocie2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4249
#50 Posted: 21:18:03 08/07/2008
you triple jump then the conrtols change to glide and to lande you just go to the ground?
---
tumblr
not yr babe
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me