darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: GIANTS EDITION.
First | Previous | Page 7 of 51 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 49 50 51
The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: GIANTS EDITION. [STICKY]
Nibelilt Ripto Gems: 401
#301 Posted: 15:49:50 31/10/2012
Well, we can pretty much safely say her Wow Pow won't change anything based on this paragraph from the guide...
Quote:
Knife Blender takes a while to charge and only deals the same amount of damage as a regular blade attack. You don't need to prioritize purchasing this power, wait until you've completed either (or both) of Stealth Elf's upgrade paths.

It seems like an inferior Z Combo. I don't think she'll be changing.
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#302 Posted: 15:53:41 31/10/2012
It does sound that way, but Hex's power sounds underwhelming on paper too. I'm not optimistic either, but I'd prefer to try it myself before I write her off prematurely. Maybe the writer of the guide just isn't as good at PVP as we are, and doesn't see where it applies.
#303 Posted: 15:55:56 31/10/2012
The guide is mainly focused on Story, actually, the only thing in it really focusing on PVP is the Battle Arena section. I actually thought Hex's Wow Pow looked strong, though.
#304 Posted: 15:58:09 31/10/2012
The guide makes it sound silly. Takes too long to charge, hard to use, etc. It is worded in such a way that people would have no idea it's a 280-damage demolition cannon without playing the character first, and because I know the writer does this thanks to the Hex example, I can't trust them absolutely on Stealth Elf either. I think we're better at Skylanders than this person, and could find hidden use in Stealth Elf's ability that he may or may not have seen.

EDIT: Also, I've got to say it, S2 Nut Crafter Stump Smash is certainly S-Rank, and might even do well enough against Giants for a G notation. He is simply unapproachable now. He defends the entire field fully with a combination of his Wow Pow and Meganuts, which burst with every attack now and not just while standing still. The field will literally be flooded with Pollen Plume nuts, the benefits of which should be obvious. No one can consistently avoid this, especially not a Giant due to their bulk and low speed. Also, if you get caught in the middle of the Wow Pow's nut stream, which is very easy for Stump Smash to personally arrange since he can alter his aim mid-Wow Pow, each one does 30 damage. It is absolutely insane how much better he is, and let's not forget that he has the best HP of any non-Giant character on top of all that.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:05:03 31/10/2012 by Tashiji
#305 Posted: 16:01:37 31/10/2012
That's what I thought, but if it does the standard damage a regular strike does, I'm not completely sure what the use could be, or any place that would really warrant it.
But anyway, I guess it doesn't really matter till anyone gets her anyway.
#306 Posted: 16:06:02 31/10/2012
Agreed. I'm going to reserve judgment. For now though, L. Stealth Elf has leaked to eBay, so it won't be long until we have the information we're after here. She'll be flooding Toys R Us shortly.

EDIT: Probably S-rank for S2 Granite Dragon Bash, too. His Wow Pow enables combo-ing, and I'll explain how as my justification for placing him there. Bash's new ability is tirggered by pressing Attack C while rolling. This causes an Earth Fist to pop and catapult Bash into the air, where he will avoid attacks. The earth fist, if properly aimed, does normal earth fist damage of 60. When Bash comes down from the air (he really DID learn how to fly! lawl), he does a 70-damage circular AoE pound attack that is almost impossible to avoid. He also lands right next to his target for another 80 damage tail swipe to cap things off.

So, to review... Bash rolls into a target for 20~, earth fist catapults him into the air and does 60, he crashes down and does 70 more in a circular area, and finally, smacks his foe for 80 more with his tail. Overall, that's 230 damage in about a second, and way harder to dodge than his charged tail ever was. Bash is now the most potent melee character in the game. Giants can't outdamage him fast enough to beat him, and are too slow/large to escape, making S2 Bash a Giant-Killer as well.

Also, due to the rather... extreme nature of some of the new Wow Pows, I would seriously move all S1 characters to A-tier or lower until otherwise tested against some of these Wow Pow juggernauts, because everything has changed in a big way and old power rankings absolutely no longer apply.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 19:09:58 31/10/2012 by Tashiji
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#307 Posted: 22:12:33 31/10/2012
Quote: Tashiji
Agreed. I'm going to reserve judgment. For now though, L. Stealth Elf has leaked to eBay, so it won't be long until we have the information we're after here. She'll be flooding Toys R Us shortly.

EDIT: Probably S-rank for S2 Granite Dragon Bash, too. His Wow Pow enables combo-ing, and I'll explain how as my justification for placing him there. Bash's new ability is tirggered by pressing Attack C while rolling. This causes an Earth Fist to pop and catapult Bash into the air, where he will avoid attacks. The earth fist, if properly aimed, does normal earth fist damage of 60. When Bash comes down from the air (he really DID learn how to fly! lawl), he does a 70-damage circular AoE pound attack that is almost impossible to avoid. He also lands right next to his target for another 80 damage tail swipe to cap things off.

So, to review... Bash rolls into a target for 20~, earth fist catapults him into the air and does 60, he crashes down and does 70 more in a circular area, and finally, smacks his foe for 80 more with his tail. Overall, that's 230 damage in about a second, and way harder to dodge than his charged tail ever was. Bash is now the most potent melee character in the game. Giants can't outdamage him fast enough to beat him, and are too slow/large to escape, making S2 Bash a Giant-Killer as well.

Also, due to the rather... extreme nature of some of the new Wow Pows, I would seriously move all S1 characters to A-tier or lower until otherwise tested against some of these Wow Pow juggernauts, because everything has changed in a big way and old power rankings absolutely no longer apply.

You do realise that this tier list is basing it on if everyone was just using a character for the first time, but with all the upgrades already on the character. And the way you worded it it sounds like you need SOME level of skillfulness with that skill for Bash to be strong enough to keep up with the S-tier. Look if your favorite character is good when you use it, it doesn't mean that it will be good if someone else used your figure who never played bash before, against someone else using an S-tier character for the first time. You likely would be spending a little time learning to accurately and consistently time the fist. Also, you can't accuratly calculate x damage in y amount of time if you do it by starting the instant damage begins to be taken and ending the instant the final hit is done in a single combo, you'd also need to take into acount the time taken setting up said combo, and the time spent before you can move freely after the final hit (because oftentimes, you can't move freely for a split second after the damage is registered, because the attack isn't finished animating, so they keep you from doing anything until the INSTANT that animation is 100% complete because the last part of the animation there is to make it seem more realistic, and to let you do anything mid animation would be to cancel the animation, and make it seem LESS realistic than doing that part before the damage is taken, and this can be up to half a second in rare cases which could make a BIG difference), and the time taken setting it up a second time (of course if you take into account setting it up a second time you'll also need to take into account the time taken actually DOING the combo a second time), otherwise its not a good measure of how much you can do PER second, which can be very different from how much damage you can do IN a second, usually due to cooldowns but also when a skill takes more than a second to use, but does the majority of its damage within a small part of its duration, and I'd say that while the first and last hit of said combo is about a second apart, the combo itself is probably more like 2 seconds, because it seems like it takes about half a second for bash to roll up, and even then, I'd say you'd have to put at least a LITTLE space between you and your opponent to do this combo, because you need to in mid roll for part 2 of the combo, and that would be MUCH harder if part 1 hit the opponent at about the same time it was casted.
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#308 Posted: 01:32:49 01/11/2012
Ive done some testing and I simply cant agree on crystaleer Prism break being in B tier. Hes somewhat superior to Prsimancer(the three falling crystals are a pain in the ***) but he gets his rocky Burt kicked by many characters in the average tier such as Tempest Dragon whirlwind(who I am close to suggesting moves up a tier) Siren griffin sonicboom and usually loses to Slam ham. He doesn't quite compete with the other members of his tier either except that he can beat Clockwork Drobot. At the end of the day Crystaleer prism break wins about 50-50 like most of the average tier.
#309 Posted: 01:44:44 01/11/2012
Honestly, Bash is super easy to use. If you've ever rolled into anything before, you've got all the skill necessary to combo with him. It's proximity, and two button presses in addition to the roll--one for Wow Pow, one for tail swipe after you land. I really think that does qualify as so easy anyone can do it the first time on the character. I don't think the average player is a feeb who doesn't know the controller layout, or how to string three buttons together. Those aren't the players this tier list is for, we cater strictly to the crowd that has at least mastered to some degree the use of a controller. Newbies to the game, perhaps, but not newbies to gaming. Newbies to gaming don't need to know this information.
LightSpyro13 Blue Sparx Gems: 861
#310 Posted: 02:07:14 01/11/2012
Quote: Mrmorrises
Ive done some testing and I simply cant agree on crystaleer Prism break being in B tier. Hes somewhat superior to Prsimancer(the three falling crystals are a pain in the ***) but he gets his rocky Burt kicked by many characters in the average tier such as Tempest Dragon whirlwind(who I am close to suggesting moves up a tier) Siren griffin sonicboom and usually loses to Slam ham. He doesn't quite compete with the other members of his tier either except that he can beat Clockwork Drobot. At the end of the day Crystaleer prism break wins about 50-50 like most of the average tier.

You lost to smilie & smilie so easily because they are Air characters while smilie is Earth. Rember, Air>Earth in PvP. So that shouldn't count, I agree withthe smilie thing though.
---
Fins, of fury!
#311 Posted: 02:08:40 01/11/2012
I got smilie today! I'm gonna go for her Shard path and then I'll give my opinion of where she should be placed.
---
Fins, of fury!
#312 Posted: 02:23:30 01/11/2012
Quote: EgoNaut

• Stealth Elf / Pook Blade Saint (both series) moved to A Tier for the moment.
  • Cynder / Nether Wielder (both series) moved to A Tier for the moment.

Awesome! That's the S Tier evaluations pretty much done for the moment, so we can focus on the A Tier now...

The characters in the current A Tier that I think we should be evaluating are as follows:
Voodood / Marauder
Drobot / Master Blaster (both series)
Camo / (both paths)
Stump Smash S2 / Nut Crafter
Stealth Elf / Pook Blade Saint (both series)
Bash / (both paths and both series)
Series 1 Terrafin / (both paths)
Slam Bam / Blizzard Brawler (both series)
Wham-Shell / Captain Crustacean
Flameslinger S2 / Marksman
Sunburn / (both paths)
Hot Head / The Burninator
Cynder / (both paths and both series)
Hex S2 / Shade Master

IE: Pretty much all the A Tier characters with a couple left out.

What I need people to do are two things:
1. Battle all of the suspect A Tier characters with the rest of the A Tier, as many characters as possible and as much as possible, to find out which ones still hold their place with the rest of the A tier, and which ones are either two weak or too powerful, and need to be moved.
2. Battle the entire A Tier with the S Tier, to check that on the whole, most of the A Tier is generally worse that most of the S Tier.

Series 1 smilie Nether Welder needs to be dropped WAY down. None of the upgrades on the path are very useful, besides the larger & longer lightning. It's kind of helpful to mess around with it, but don't expect much from her other moves because she can now get hurt when using the shadow dash. Shadowdancer should be higher though.

Sereies 1 smilie on Brawler should be S tier, his punches are sooooo powerful and he's easier to control while Earthswimming. Like I've said several times, Sandhog needs to be dropped down a little A tier instead of S.

1. Most important: With the Master Earth Swimmer upgrade, he is real fast, but very hard to control on that path. You can easily cut through walls or platforms and other obstacles and lose him there until he comes out and open to attack; and if possible, shoot him from a distance (he isn't very good at long range). If he was easier to control

2. His Razorfin only does 15 damage (22 with a critical hit) and with the poor controls, it's pretty useless in PvP.

3. His bellyflop and earthswim is pretty helpful, but his other moves are kind of weak on this path and do petty little damage, he's kind of a 1-trick pony.

Need I continue on?
---
Fins, of fury!
#313 Posted: 02:54:22 01/11/2012
Quote: LightSpyro13

You lost to smilie & smilie so easily because they are Air characters while smilie is Earth. Rember, Air>Earth in PvP. So that shouldn't count, I agree withthe smilie thing though.

Good point I guess saying he lost to air characters isn't saying much. I just don't find him versatile enough for B tier.
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#314 Posted: 03:34:30 01/11/2012
Sunburn is still a solid A with the increase of how often his flamethrower ticks (about doubled). We also has great evasion on both paths. Solid, solid skylander. And I don't care what people say: re voice is great. Gill Grunt and Terrafin on the other hand.........
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
#315 Posted: 14:07:57 01/11/2012
Seriesies 1 smilie on Brawler should be S tier, his punches are sooooo powerful and he's easier to control while Earthswimming. Like I've said several times, Sandhog needs to be dropped down a little A tier instead of S.

1. Most important: With the Master Earth Swimmer upgrade, he is real fast, but very hard to control on that path. You can easily cut through walls or platforms and other obstacles and lose him there until he comes out and open to attack; and if possible, shoot him from a distance (he isn't very good at long range). If he was easier to control

2. His Razorfin only does 15 damage (22 with a critical hit) and with the poor controls, it's pretty useless in PvP.

3. His bellyflop and earthswim is pretty helpful, but his other moves are kind of weak on this path and do petty little damage, he's kind of a 1-trick pony.

Need I continue on?

I'm sorry, Brawler simply isn't that powerful. He's pretty much just an inferior Slam Bam. If you think Brawler needs to be S Tier, then Blizzard Brawler should as well. However, as it is, Brawler's Earth Swim just isn't that convenient for a defensive/escape tactic... And in terms of his competition I'd actually say his fists are quite weak for A Tier to an extent. Also, all the boosts some old characters have gotten and the new Giants are strong enough to overshadow and keep him in simply A.
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#316 Posted: 14:32:00 01/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Need I continue on?

You need not continue, LightSpyro. In regards to Terrafin, you've stated that same opinion about five times now. It's a good, well-reasoned opinion, but the problem is, other people have stated opinions against it which are also good and well-reasoned, (and usually supported with comparisons with other characters to boot). I of course have to make a decision who I believe, so I often would rather choose to believe people like Tashiji or Earth-Dragon, who I know are experienced and relatively objective in their recommendations from my experience of making the SA Tier list with them, than from a newer and more opinionated user like yourself. I'm sorry about that.
Do not feel that your recommendations about Terrafin are falling on deaf ears, because I always read them and I think you're being reasonable. Just understand that when I'm faced with conflicting recommendations like this, my only choice (besides do nothing) is to prioritise.

Anyway, as for Cynder / Nether Wielder, I still don't feel i'm recieving much solid information about her other than from LightSpyro13. I might have to simply move her down purely on LightSpyro's recommendation if no-one else has any opinions or research to express!

• Stump Smash S2 / Nut Crafter moved to S Tier, and for now marked (G) for Giant Killer.
  • Bash S2 / Granite Dragon moved to S tier and marked (G) for Giant Killer.

Any other comments about moving Prism Break / Crystaleer to C Tier?
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:36:31 01/11/2012 by EgoNaut
#317 Posted: 14:35:56 01/11/2012
I would give input about Nether Welder, but I haven't actually tested out her non-nerfed version, much less in Giants.
I don't have any objections to moving Crystaleer to C Tier either.
#318 Posted: 15:49:19 01/11/2012
I would totally move Cynder down, and strangely enough, Chop Chop (Undead Defender) way up. Again it's because of the Wow Pow, which receives all the perks associated with Undead Defender's shield. It stunlocks, and does 60 damage per charge. That is incredible, especially since the move also enables quick travel, and is completely usable with all of Undead Defender's defensive perks. I think he's at least a solid A-tier character now, and if not for the sheer brokenness of some of the other Wow Pows, he would be even higher.
#319 Posted: 16:38:25 01/11/2012
Okay. Fine. I'll be the one to do it. Jet-Vac Packeteer is a below average guy. He scrapes a win or two here or there, but with low hit points, low damage, and an odd move set, he just really isn't that good. He can't really compete in C tier, which is where I played him, so I would recommend D for now until more of C, D, and E get shaken up and the dust settles.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:47:01 01/11/2012 by Earth-Dragon
#320 Posted: 17:59:24 01/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Earth-Dragon
Okay. Fine. I'll be the one to do it. Jet-Vac Packeteer is a below average guy. He scrapes a win or two here or there, but with low hit points, low damage, and an odd move set, he just really isn't that good. He can't really compete in C tier, which is where I played him, so I would recommend D for now until more of C, D, and E get shaken up and the dust settles.

Good thinking. And thanks.

• Jet-Vac / Packeteer placed in D Tier until further research is made.
  • Chop Chop S2 / Undead Defender moved to A Tier.
  • Cynder / Nether Wielder (both series) moved to B Tier for the moment. (Was it necessary to move her Series 2 variant? Also, anything else about Shadow Dancer?)

Nice, so we've got through quite a bit of the A Tier so far. These are the ones left that we still need to look at:
Voodood / Marauder
Drobot / Master Blaster (both series)
Camo / (both paths)
Stealth Elf / Pook Blade Saint (both series)
Bash S2 / Pulver Dragon
Bash Series 1 / (both paths)
Series 1 Terrafin / (both paths)
Slam Bam / Blizzard Brawler (both series)
Wham-Shell / Captain Crustacean
Flameslinger S2 / Marksman
Hot Head / The Burninator
Cynder / Shadow Dancer (both series)
Hex S2 / Shade Master
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#321 Posted: 18:13:16 01/11/2012
S2 Marksman Flameslinger and Pulver Dragon Bash are just one tier below their counterparts. They can still use most of the same tactics, they just lack the tail swipe and Supernova/field effects that make Granite Dragon and Pyromancer that much better.

EDIT: Also, and I'm sure this is going to sound crazy, I think Slam Bam S2 is in no way as good as Undead Defender Chop Chop up close, and probably shouldn't be in the same tier. Anyone else care to add testimony on this?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:21:23 01/11/2012 by Tashiji
#322 Posted: 18:37:39 01/11/2012
Double Trouble channeler absolutely needs to be G tier. His death beam locks on and once its locked on the giant is going to have a very difficult time catching him due to their sad speed. And if Ignitor and Flameslinger are G tier he DEFINITELY needs to be as well. If Double Norris cant nobody can.
Slivers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1387
#323 Posted: 19:34:54 01/11/2012
Double Trouble channeler absolutely needs to be G tier. His death beam locks on and once its locked on the giant is going to have a very difficult time catching him due to their sad speed. And if Ignitor and Flameslinger are G tier he DEFINITELY needs to be as well. If Double Norris cant nobody can.

I will try that this evening and post results. I think I have a Double Trouble w/o Heroic challenges complete to compete against similar Giants.
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#324 Posted: 20:59:10 01/11/2012
ok 2 things

1. thanks for moving smilie up to A tier he is practically indestructible!

2. swarm barbarous avenger should probably be an A, the flying is useful to get away from tight spots and his blades are fast and quite damaging, it adds up quickly! should be able to defeat pulver dragon bash, and other slow high ranking characters.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
#325 Posted: 00:02:03 02/11/2012
From what I've seen, the new S-tier is going to be crazy hard for Double Trouble to compete in. Here, we have characters that EASILY outdamage a triple Magic Bomb combo, and characters who are so fast that even the Eldritch Beam can't catch them. I'll also do some tests on the Giant-Killer thing, though. But things at the top have changed very much.
Bean Sprout Blue Sparx Gems: 893
#326 Posted: 00:09:51 02/11/2012
As much as I love DT, I don't think he could be a Giant Killer. I mean, the Eldritch beam and Magic Bombs can put in some heavy hits, but DT is just about as slow as the Giants, so they could easily do as much damage as he can, if not more.
---
"No, John. It is pretty weird that ghosts have to pee."
#327 Posted: 00:55:48 02/11/2012
Either way DT was pretty much the most overpowered character in Spyros adventure.
#328 Posted: 07:09:41 02/11/2012
Need I continue on?

You need not continue, LightSpyro. In regards to Terrafin, you've stated that same opinion about five times now. It's a good, well-reasoned opinion, but the problem is, other people have stated opinions against it which are also good and well-reasoned, (and usually supported with comparisons with other characters to boot). I of course have to make a decision who I believe, so I often would rather choose to believe people like Tashiji or Earth-Dragon, who I know are experienced and relatively objective in their recommendations from my experience of making the SA Tier list with them, than from a newer and more opinionated user like yourself. I'm sorry about that.
Do not feel that your recommendations about Terrafin are falling on deaf ears, because I always read them and I think you're being reasonable. Just understand that when I'm faced with conflicting recommendations like this, my only choice (besides do nothing) is to prioritise.

Anyway, as for Cynder / Nether Wielder, I still don't feel i'm recieving much solid information about her other than from LightSpyro13. I might have to simply move her down purely on LightSpyro's recommendation if no-one else has any opinions or research to express!

• Stump Smash S2 / Nut Crafter moved to S Tier, and for now marked (G) for Giant Killer.

No offense taken, but you're basing this on older users? They've been on the site alot longer than me, BIG DEAL; doesn't apply to experience.

And I'm totally aware of the numerous amount of disagreements with my judgements, but I could really care less. Ever since I got Camo and Cynder, I've learned to rely more on my own experiences than those of others. Examples:

TONS of people like Camo alot and is one of the more popular guys. I've seen fan comments, review videos, & researched his moves.; all of which prompted me to get him. When I finally did and fully upgraded him on both paths, he was nowhere near as powerful I've been told alot of times and became one of my least favorites. I made the same mistake again when I got smilie and smilie, so I've learned not to fuly trust anoyone there. But most of them were Wii owners and I play Xbox instead, guess he was better in the other version (as plenty of people were saying).

Plenty of people I know say Spyro's Sheep Burner path is better, and it was the first path I took for him. But I reset him because of how weak he was for PvP (nowhere near average or good, like 2 people I know are saying). He can't do anything against close range guys like smilie or mid range guys like smilie, he lost several times in PvP.

After those, I started making my own decisions regardless of what popular belief has to say; I'm afraid I'll go through crappy mistakes again like I did before. smilie was one of my starter skylanders (I didn't buy him seperately, came with the game in it) and I use him all the time, including PvP. I have had the most experience with him (next to Spyro), more than most of my others (after all, I've got 31 of them!) and I took the Sadhog path first and kept him on it for a while; I also reset him almost all the time. Sandhog is his inferior path for PvP, I don't care what people say (still powerful, just not broken). God forbids that I can actually do as much damage with him on that path. I can't finish my sentence now, I'll finish it tomorrow. Bye..
---
Fins, of fury!
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:44:34 02/11/2012 by LightSpyro13
#329 Posted: 07:37:19 02/11/2012
Well at least there is one thing we can all agree on.....Spyro blows goats when it comes to PvP. Just flat out outclassed in every way.
---
WUMBOSIMPSON Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#330 Posted: 09:04:29 02/11/2012
DUDE!!!!!1 Skylo is the B3ST in PvP! His sheepburnrs is beat everybody!!!!!!1 And his horn smasher is beat always!!1!!!!1
---
cry baby, I am
#331 Posted: 09:43:57 02/11/2012
I don't think Spyro is absolute bottom tier in PVP, but I might agree with putting him one tier down.
Aquatic Llama Green Sparx Gems: 436
#332 Posted: 13:11:10 02/11/2012
He's second to last in terms of wins in my experiences. His only wins been against other Spyros, or Trigger Happy, who is pretty much the whipping boy of Skylanders.

In response to Lightspyro13. I don't see why Terrain Sandhog should be moved. One of your main arguments is that his is too fast and that makes him too hard to control. He really isn't that hard to control. I've never had difficulties controlling him in PvP. He is one of the easiest to use. You swim, bellyflop, swim again, rinse and repeat. His bellyflop even does area damage. Whenever my opponent tries to run away, I can use my bellyflop and they still take damage. Keep Terrafin (S2) in the S-teir.
#333 Posted: 13:35:11 02/11/2012
Need I continue on?

No offense taken, but you're basing this on older users? They've been on the site alot longer than me, BIG DEAL; doesn't apply to experience.

And I'm totally aware of the numerous amount of disagreements with my judgements, but I could really care less. Ever since I got Camo and Cynder, I've learned to rely more on my own experiences than those of others. Examples:

TONS of people like Camo alot and is one of the more popular guys. I've seen fan comments, review videos, & researched his moves.; all of which prompted me to get him. When I finally did and fully upgraded him on both paths, he was nowhere near as powerful I've been told alot of times and became one of my least favorites. I made the same mistake again when I got smilie and smilie, so I've learned not to fuly trust anoyone there. But most of them were Wii owners and I play Xbox instead, guess he was better in the other version (as plenty of people were saying).

Plenty of people I know say Spyro's Sheep Burner path is better, and it was the first path I took for him. But I reset him because of how weak he was for PvP (nowhere near average or good, like 2 people I know are saying). He can't do anything against close range guys like smilie or mid range guys like smilie, he lost several times in PvP.

After those, I started making my own decisions regardless of what popular belief has to say; I'm afraid I'll go through crappy mistakes again like I did before. smilie was one of my starter skylanders (I didn't buy him seperately, came with the game in it) and I use him all the time, including PvP. I have had the most experience with him (next to Spyro), more than most of my others (after all, I've got 31 of them!) and I took the Sadhog path first and kept him on it for a while; I also reset him almost all the time. Sandhog is his inferior path for PvP, I don't care what people say (still powerful, just not broken). God forbids that I can actually do as much damage with him on that path. I can't finish my sentence now, I'll finish it tomorrow. Bye..

It is fine that you have different opinions on how good characters are. But this is a list that is supposed to help people, so we can't really go off of one person's experience. And since you are outnumbered on many occasions, there are times where we would have to go with the more common recommendations, which come from people who have equally as well-put arguments as you.
---
#334 Posted: 20:48:12 02/11/2012 | Topic Creator
Any last words to me knocking all the Spyros and Prism Break / Crystaleer down a tier?
---
Thumpterra12 Ripto Gems: 120
#335 Posted: 21:12:19 02/11/2012
hi! i have been watching this for a while, and i finally decided to join. i have been looking at this thread for weeks and i think spyro is very weak.he has never beaten any of our 16 skylanders , including wrecking ball and prism break crystaleer, btw it was my little sister who was wrecking ball and she is bad at the game.

ps, spyro is on sheep burner
#336 Posted: 21:51:12 02/11/2012
So apparently many people are skepticall of Channeler Double Trouble being G tier. But let me ask what giants could Drill sergant Flameslinger and Ignitor kill? I would imagine if they're giants killers then Double Trouble is too.
Soopa Koopa Green Sparx Gems: 111
#337 Posted: 22:34:09 02/11/2012
Are we allowed to debate the placement of characters who haven't had their S2 yet?

Some of these entries have me wondering what the contributor was smoking like Lightning Rod and Trigger Happy being so low and Wrecking Ball and Zap being so high.
#338 Posted: 22:35:43 02/11/2012
i kinda support s1 smilie i only have 1 giant, so i dont know if he can beat the others. i kind of doubt that he can beat swarm or crusher, with swarm having his stingers and crushers long hammer range. i dunno if his wowpow is any good, and if that affects his rank.
#339 Posted: 22:46:04 02/11/2012
Quote: Soopa Koopa
Are we allowed to debate the placement of characters who haven't had their S2 yet?

Some of these entries have me wondering what the contributor was smoking like Lightning Rod and Trigger Happy being so low and Wrecking Ball and Zap being so high.

Yeah Lightning rod typhoon titan is so underrated. It was the first path I took for him because of a review that convinced me. Only the smart people see the awesomeness in it.
#340 Posted: 01:26:36 03/11/2012

Yeah Lightning rod typhoon titan is so underrated. It was the first path I took for him because of a review that convinced me. Only the smart people see the awesomeness in it.

So people who don't choose that path are apparantly unintelligent? Mkay.
---
#341 Posted: 01:28:42 03/11/2012
i tried both and lightning lord is much better for me. his bolt does awsome damage and can hunt down your enemies in pvp.i really like his gameplay
#342 Posted: 01:51:44 03/11/2012
Quote: Bean Sprout

Okay I'm sorry that was kind of a rude way of saying it. What the message basically was was that I find it extremely underrated and I don't quite understand why people think its so lame.
#343 Posted: 01:58:36 03/11/2012

Okay I'm sorry that was kind of a rude way of saying it. What the message basically was was that I find it extremely underrated and I don't quite understand why people think its so lame.

It's quite alright. smilie
And the main problem with Typhoon Titan is that he has no good way of dealing Long-range damage, and since LR is so slow, that really hinders him. Also, the damage done by the clouds is usually outclassed by the damage done by the meleeists that TT is supposed to target.
---
#344 Posted: 02:13:29 03/11/2012

It's quite alright. smilie
And the main problem with Typhoon Titan is that he has no good way of dealing Long-range damage, and since LR is so slow, that really hinders him. Also, the damage done by the clouds is usually outclassed by the damage done by the meleeists that TT is supposed to target.

Well then I guess I'm just really good as him to be able to beat every melee character I have fought as him with the possible exception of blademaster Ignitor only due to the elemental disadvantage I would be at. But of course these are my results and apparently they are different from most other peoples.
Soopa Koopa Green Sparx Gems: 111
#345 Posted: 02:15:37 03/11/2012
I see no problem with the range of his lightning bolts and it fires bloody fast.

And his Zapper Field stuns, protects, attacks and allows movement to boot...how do regular melee attacks outclass that exactly?

People played with him right?... We didn't just stick him at the bottom from lack of information...right?
#346 Posted: 02:19:26 03/11/2012
The damage done by Meleeists outclass it. And the lightning bolts don't really fire THAT fast, and they don't do enough damage to compensate for that.
Melee characters aside, he is completely open for damage from mid-to-long range characters. And LR can never get really close enough to zap them, due to his terrible speed.
---
#347 Posted: 02:19:28 03/11/2012
Saying that his damage is outclassed by the melee characters is sort of like saying volcanoes eruptors damage is outclassed by theirs. And the grand lightning attack is nowhere near useless on typhoon titan.
#348 Posted: 02:21:22 03/11/2012
Saying that his damage is outclassed by the melee characters is sort of like saying volcanoes eruptors damage is outclassed by theirs. And the grand lightning attack is nowhere near useless on typhoon titan.

What do you mean by Eruptor's volcano damage? I didn't understand.
But most mid to long range characters can easily do more damage then the GL on that path.
---
#349 Posted: 02:27:00 03/11/2012

What do you mean by Eruptor's volcano damage? I didn't understand.
But most mid to long range characters can easily do more damage then the GL on that path.

The eruption attack is what I meant.
And YES some characters (drobot) can easily put his damage output with the grand lightning to shame. But the key to LR is to put ALL of his synergetic moves and be unpredictable (use bounce pads or teleporters to get close for a zapper field) and in the end you have someone who is a threat to melee characters while maintaing skill when fighting ranged characters.
First | Previous | Page 7 of 51 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 49 50 51

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me