darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: GIANTS EDITION.
First | Previous | Page 24 of 51 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 49 50 51
The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: GIANTS EDITION. [STICKY]
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#1151 Posted: 06:28:11 13/12/2012
so is blizzard brawler the best path still for series 2 slam bam?

i know captain crustion wham-shell was the best water skylander in the first game, but now since he didnt get a wow pow im guessing that tital goes to blizzard brawler slam bam, what do you guys think?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:34:37 13/12/2012 by Hazard335
LightSpyro13 Blue Sparx Gems: 861
#1152 Posted: 06:33:02 13/12/2012
Yeah totally, the sleigh makes him a bit faster and it makes it easier for smilie to catch his opponent. On Blizzard Brawler he is soo good in close range, what he used to lack is speed.
---
Fins, of fury!
Thumpterra12 Ripto Gems: 120
#1153 Posted: 12:26:46 13/12/2012
I think both paths for bammy are vlose to equal. He does so much dmg on both.
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#1154 Posted: 14:25:29 13/12/2012
The problem is as LightSpyro says; you can break out of the ice too quickly for it to provide Glacier Slam Bam the type of advantage that the combos, final punch damage upgrade, and +40 Armor do for Blizzard Brawler. Yes, your sled does a bit more damage on Glacier Yeti, but you're not running a sled-based offense here... you're tagging them once (if you can) and then whaling on them, which Blizzard Brawler has always been better at. That's why there's one tier between the two paths, although both really are good.

Of course, talking S2 here. In S1, the difference is and always was WAY more pronounced in favor of Blizzard Brawler.
#1155 Posted: 17:21:13 13/12/2012
Van the sleigh hit multiple times during 1 charge? If so, than he is awesome. I better test it out.
#1156 Posted: 00:24:30 14/12/2012
I got S2 smilie and smilie Today, I have yet to give my opinions on their placements upload their guide videos starring ME!!!!

Although, I probably won't believe Pulver Dragon smilie Is A tier, Pulver Dragon S1 is really bad for PvP.
---
Fins, of fury!
#1157 Posted: 00:27:50 14/12/2012
s2 smilie is so awesome, youll be blown away.
#1158 Posted: 01:06:06 14/12/2012
When you test Bash, remember to combo for four hits if possible. Roll contact damage, Wow Pow damage, landing AoE, and finally tail swipe. That's why Pulver Dragon is good; even with a weaker combo than Granite (hence tier difference) that is a TON of damage.

EDIT: And yes, sled strikes multiple times. It is pretty good.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:43:19 14/12/2012 by Tashiji
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#1159 Posted: 05:22:16 14/12/2012
I tried Super Spinner...... its amazing
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantime☠
#1160 Posted: 05:49:17 14/12/2012
I maxed them out on Nut Crafter and Pulver Dragon and I agree with S and A tier placements.

But S1 Bash on Pulver Dragon, definitely disagree with B tier. I mean come on, Pulver Dragon sucks without the Wow Pow. Sure it increases damage, makes you bigger, and makes you roll faster; but the damage only increases by around 24 and the speed is only increased by a small amount, he's still slow-moving compared to the others. Plus with the Earthen Force Roll, you still take damage from attacks so it's kinda useless. His attacks do petty little damage on this path (besides the tail swipe) and greatly lacks offense and range.

I vote S1 Pulver Dragon Bash for D tier.

Volcanor smilie has a much bigger damage output and can beat him quite badly, even though he has a lot of armor.

smilie Telsa Dragon (which I find WAY better than Slime Sea Serpent, those paths should trade spots cuz Sea Slime Serpent is badly nerfed now) is much more nimble and is better-ranged than him, although his offense and defense are lower.

Ultimate Rainbower smilie Has the Elemental Advantage and her rainbows can knock him back quite easily, plus the clouds can shoot their own rainbows with the Wow Pow.
---
Fins, of fury!
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#1161 Posted: 01:23:19 15/12/2012 | Topic Creator
LightSpyro could have a point about S1 Zap there.
It's clear that Slime Serpent has been nerfed, so does anyone else have comments about where Slime Serpent should be placed right now in relation to Tesla Dragon?

And any other final opinions about where S1 Spyro /Blitz Spyro should be?
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#1162 Posted: 01:29:58 15/12/2012
i just was playing with him, and he deserves B tier, at the least. he is fast, high dmging, and is able to win most matches against B characters like eruptor, flashwing, and slam bam. a very well rounded mid/high ranged and charging hybrid.
#1163 Posted: 02:07:57 15/12/2012
Blitz Spyro is almost definitely B-tier, if only for the fact that like half of B is Undead and he has an elemental advantage there. All he'd need to do is collect on his elemental advantage (which he can) and pick up a couple extra wins from the field (which he does) to deserve the spot. I'd hesitate to put him any higher, but he does fine in B.
#1164 Posted: 02:29:08 15/12/2012
slam bams sleigh can hit multiple times per run. i just confirmed it a second ago.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#1165 Posted: 16:59:38 15/12/2012
I recommend both paths for series 1 Flameslinger go down to D tier. Pyromancer just gets killed by any ranged character, and Marksman isn't much better than our E tier Harpooner Gill grunt, and is rather defenseless against melee characters.
#1166 Posted: 17:06:25 15/12/2012
So, s2 is the only good flamy?
#1167 Posted: 17:08:30 15/12/2012
I don't have his S2, but his wow pow seems redundant, it helps his speed, but he was already good at speed. He needed something to improve his damage output.
#1168 Posted: 18:49:23 15/12/2012
Quote: Mrmorrises
I recommend both paths for series 1 Flameslinger go down to D tier. Pyromancer just gets killed by any ranged character, and Marksman isn't much better than our E tier Harpooner Gill grunt, and is rather defenseless against melee characters.

I agree about Marksman, but S1 Pyromancer is definitely not D tier. The Inferno Blast is useless, but the burning patches and the Supernova make up for his low attack strength and defense, he could actually rack up some damage now. Even though I hate Lameslinger SO much, his Pyromancer path isn't enough for D. Keep it where it already is.
---
Fins, of fury!
#1169 Posted: 21:17:46 15/12/2012
His Wow Pow greatly improves his damage output by making it super easy to perform Supernova. Also, speed is FAR from redundant, and anyone who'd tell you that hasn't played the character yet. He is the ultimate keep-away artist; game-best at escaping and staying gone, because of that ability. Yes, it is only S2 Flameslinger who is worthwhile. The double dash makes him worthwhile.
#1170 Posted: 21:23:48 15/12/2012
^ Not too be pushy but could you start testing Commander Crab? Sorry for pushiness.
---
#1171 Posted: 22:08:50 15/12/2012
Weekend is here, so maybe I can. ^

Right now I know he's not in E-tier anymore. Just by pretending to be Captain Crustacean he's better than E. The starfish will be harder to test though, because certain characters won't even be bothered by them, while others are going to really suffer.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:17:16 15/12/2012 by Tashiji
#1172 Posted: 23:06:19 15/12/2012
Quote: Tashiji
His Wow Pow greatly improves his damage output by making it super easy to perform Supernova. Also, speed is FAR from redundant, and anyone who'd tell you that hasn't played the character yet. He is the ultimate keep-away artist; game-best at escaping and staying gone, because of that ability. Yes, it is only S2 Flameslinger who is worthwhile. The double dash makes him worthwhile.

Actually Rossmacdaddy has him, and he said his wow pow is pretty stupid and redundant, so that is evidence against what you said. Obviously I cannot protest S2 flameslinger being so high, but I will say that when it comes to keep away, Drill sergant is my man.
Reaganag Blue Sparx Gems: 878
#1173 Posted: 23:08:33 15/12/2012
Flameslinger can take out almost every Skylander using the keep away strategy. If you don't have ranged attacks, your dead.
---
Awesome avatar by nintendofan92!
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
#1174 Posted: 23:09:31 15/12/2012
Which everyone except Stealth elf has.
#1175 Posted: 23:18:05 15/12/2012
Not that I have or Like S2 Flameslinger, but here's evidence against YOUR statement (no offense).

---
Fins, of fury!
#1176 Posted: 23:20:54 15/12/2012
Which everyone except Stealth elf has.

But only a few can get enough hits on him to kill him.
---
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
camoses Blue Sparx Gems: 768
#1177 Posted: 23:33:03 15/12/2012
Flameslinger was one of the worst characters before his wow pow.
---
The great cornholio!
#1178 Posted: 23:54:59 15/12/2012
Quote: Tashiji

Actually Rossmacdaddy has him, and he said his wow pow is pretty stupid and redundant, so that is evidence against what you said. Obviously I cannot protest S2 flameslinger being so high, but I will say that when it comes to keep away, Drill sergant is my man.

Ross just... doesn't really know how to play serious PVP. He continually rates Trigger Happy FAR too high, he has Chop Chop towards the bottom of his tier list (really??), he still thinks Stealth Elf/Drobot/Cynder belong anywhere near the top... I just can't accept that this man provides a valid alternative viewpoint to mine. Too many of his conclusions defy even having played the game, and I'm not the only one who sees his tier list and says this. Meanwhile, I'm not aware of many dissenting opinions with ours; if anything, it being a collaborative endeavor aids its validity. So, I'm just going with Rossmacdaddy just not being that good at PVP and making a tier list based on where he is in the metagame, which is mostly still S:SA experience. When he revises his list again and all the right characters are higher/lower, then perhaps... but I'm not going to acknowledge a tier list I know to be conjecture as any kind of equally worthy alternative to ours. We have the best and most thorough tier list in the community here, in my opinion, and one person who never accepts the input of others (see: Blademaster) is just one person, with one biased opinion.

I do not think highly of the rating topic at GameFAQs, if you hadn't guessed. To even rate them sequentially is seeing things too simplistically. The concept of a "best" character instead of a mass of characters with overall equivalent strength is too linear. That's why we don't even attempt to argue about who's "#1" in this thread. There's no such thing.

So, to sum it up, I won't debate the utility of S2 Flameslinger with anyone who thinks Golden Frenzy Trigger Happy is even a top-30 character, let alone top 10. The person in question clearly does not grasp what utility is, otherwise he couldn't possibly place some of his characters where he has. So of course he would see the move as redundant.
#1179 Posted: 00:18:51 16/12/2012
Who's this Ross guy who seemingly sucks with PvP? Quote:
Too many of his conclusions defy even having played the game, and I'm not the only one who sees his tier list and says this. Meanwhile, I'm not aware of many dissenting opinions with ours; if anything, it being a collaborative endeavor aids its validity. So, I'm just going with Rossmacdaddy just not being that good at PVP and making a tier list based on where he is in the metagame, which is mostly still S:SA experience. When he revises his list again and all the right characters are higher/lower, then perhaps... but I'm not going to acknowledge a tier list I know to be conjecture as any kind of equally worthy alternative to ours. We have the best and most thorough tier list in the community here, in my opinion, and one person who never accepts the input of others (see: Blademaster) is just one person, with one biased opinion.

He has his own Tier List, could somebody give me a link to that?
---
Fins, of fury!
#1180 Posted: 00:24:23 16/12/2012
He's Rossmacdaddy on the GameFAQs Wii board. He has some crazy ideas about who goes where and what paths they should be on, but his heart is in the right please, so please don't go troll over there anyone. I, and we, mean him no ill will whatsoever, despite the fact that I believe his tier list to be inaccurate.

Tried talking to him on several occasions earlier this year about why he had Ignitor on the wrong path (Blademaster) and why the right path (SotF) should be way higher on his list, but was never listened to. I have no doubt he never tested the suggestion either, as to test the two paths at all is to immediately understand which is better. One of the most plain-as-day differences in the game. He'll entertain discussion, but ultimately, only listens to himself when it comes to place tiers.
#1181 Posted: 00:47:27 16/12/2012
Whoa, trust me I won't go trolling him. I have my own mortal enemies (like Aura24) but I don't have any reason cuz I don't even know him and we never met. But I have seen that forum of his before and I must say: I HIGHLY disagree with it but his heart is in the right place so I wouldn't troll him even if I had an account there.

I'm not exactly the best at this game (as shown in my videos, I ****** up in some of them), but still.
---
Fins, of fury!
#1182 Posted: 00:47:39 16/12/2012
^ I prefer Blademaster I've tried both.
---
#1183 Posted: 00:47:58 16/12/2012
He now prefers Soul of the flame. I think his placements are not too terrible, except for stuff like this:

Tree rex and Swarm ranked 34 and 33.

Trigger Happy in 8th place, how does he have great characters like Lightning rod, Terrafin, Voodood, Zook, and Fright rider below him??!?!

Whirlwind in 43rd(2nd to last) She is a beast, on Tempest Dragon.

Gill grunt as 15th, he isnt bad, but he is NOT that good.

What do you think of these placements?
#1184 Posted: 00:58:35 16/12/2012
Quote: joerox123
^ I prefer Blademaster I've tried both.

Soul of the Flame is easily more powerful. All you do is just burn the hell outta your opponent with your spirit, it's not even fair. Sure you can still get hurt when you're not in the suit, but you drag yourself back in by exploding and the damage is HEFTY when you hit your opponent with all 3 mortars.

Blademaster is good too though, but Soul of the Flame is the superior path.
---
Fins, of fury!
#1185 Posted: 01:00:21 16/12/2012
^ This
---
Have waves 1,2,3, and 4
#1186 Posted: 01:40:48 16/12/2012
Does anybody here have S2 smilie Trigger Happy? I'd like to know how good his Wow Pow is.
---
Fins, of fury!
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#1187 Posted: 02:29:56 16/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: LightSpyro13
Does anybody here have S2 smilie Trigger Happy? I'd like to know how good his Wow Pow is.

It was discussed on the previous page of this topic just now when I asked about it.
I understood that that the extra attack was weak and fairly inconsequential to Trig's performance: It does very low damage (I recall a number in the twenties) and has to be performed whilst using the gattling gun, meaning it is highly interruptible.

• Spyro / Blitz Spyro (series 1) moved to B Tier. More opinions welcome.

It'd be cool to see some Wham Shell / Commander Crab research from anyone who's willing to do some.
Also, does anyone have words about where S1 Zap / Slime Serpent should be in relation to Tesla Dragon, before I drop the issue?
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 02:34:26 16/12/2012 by EgoNaut
#1188 Posted: 02:49:58 16/12/2012
Quote: EgoNaut

It was discussed on the previous page of this topic just now when I asked about it.
I understood that that the extra attack was weak and fairly inconsequential to Trig's performance: It does very low damage (I recall a number in the twenties) and has to be performed whilst using the gattling gun, meaning it is highly interruptible.

• Spyro / Blitz Spyro (series 1) moved to B Tier. More opinions welcome.

It'd be cool to see some Wham Shell / Commander Crab research from anyone who's willing to do some.
Also, does anyone have words about where S1 Zap / Slime Serpent should be in relation to Tesla Dragon, before I drop the issue?

But the answer was from ME, and I said I don't have S2 Trigger Happy and you should NOT take my word for it because of that. I was just saying what I heard from someone else, but I'm not sure if it's fully reliable. I would also like to hear it from other people rather than just one person, so that wasn't enough to affect anything for smilie.

But I totally would recommend switching Slime Sea Serpent and Telsa Dragon in their spots.

As established by Tasiji, Slime Sea Serpent is BADLY nerfed and useless now. The slide travels a shorter and slower distance, doesn't slow you down as much, and doesn't knock you back anymore (I think). I tested it to make sure he's right and I can confirm his point.

Telsa Dragon actually lets Zap deal some damage, something Slime Sea Serpent always lacked. The Elecric Wave improves the Wave Rider a little bit so he can deal some damage and knockback his opponent. The increased damage helps too. The Bouncing Lightning is kinda useless (unless you miss your opponent with the first shot) though.

As much as I love Zap though, neither path is amazing for PvP. He's a story mode guy just like smilie and smilie.
---
Fins, of fury!
Hazard335 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1435
#1189 Posted: 03:42:29 16/12/2012
it seems everyone has a different opinion on what path is best for Bouncer.
has anyone done some hard testing on him yet?
#1190 Posted: 03:43:30 16/12/2012
He now prefers Soul of the flame. I think his placements are not too terrible, except for stuff like this:

Tree rex and Swarm ranked 34 and 33.

Trigger Happy in 8th place, how does he have great characters like Lightning rod, Terrafin, Voodood, Zook, and Fright rider below him??!?!

Whirlwind in 43rd(2nd to last) She is a beast, on Tempest Dragon.

Gill grunt as 15th, he isnt bad, but he is NOT that good.

What do you think of these placements?

He now does prefer SotF, but he would have a lot sooner if he listened to people. That's all I'm saying; the list will always have oddball placements like the ones above, because he goes by what he believes alone and doesn't have to answer to community consensus as we do here. I've been wrong here before; we all have. That's the best part of a community ranking system.
#1191 Posted: 05:00:07 16/12/2012
Because it's his opinion. I bet he could organize a tier system like this, where people contribute with their testings and opinions. Of course, there are some placements that will forever be a mystery to me, like Trigger happy, but this is just because diferrent people do better with different characters.
#1192 Posted: 05:08:39 16/12/2012
^ Still doesn't support smilie being in D tier considering how he never listens to anyone.
---
Fins, of fury!
Orohu Blue Sparx Gems: 704
#1193 Posted: 05:13:02 16/12/2012
I'm working on an eight-element team for both PVP and Nightmare Mode, does this look feasible?

Tech: Lightcore Drobot
-(Master Blaster)
Life: Legendary Stealth Elf S2
-(Pook Blade Saint)
Undead: GITD Cynder S2
-(Shadowdancer)
Magic: Double Trouble
-(Channeler)
Earth: Legendary Bash
-(Pulver Dragon)
Fire: Legendary Ignitor S2
-(Soul of the Flame)
Water: Legendary Slam Bam S2
-(Blizzard Brawler)
Air: Sonic Boom
-(Medea Griffin)
Giant: Granite Crusher
-(Rubble Master)
All of these are ones I own or am getting on the 25th.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:14:27 16/12/2012 by Orohu
#1194 Posted: 05:27:08 16/12/2012
Quote: Orohu
I'm working on an eight-element team for both PVP and Nightmare Mode, does this look feasible?

Tech: Lightcore Drobot
-(Master Blaster)
Life: Legendary Stealth Elf S2
-(Pook Blade Saint)
Undead: GITD Cynder S2
-(Shadowdancer)
Magic: Double Trouble
-(Channeler)
Earth: Legendary Bash
-(Pulver Dragon)
Fire: Legendary Ignitor S2
-(Soul of the Flame)
Water: Legendary Slam Bam S2
-(Blizzard Brawler)
Air: Sonic Boom
-(Medea Griffin)
Giant: Granite Crusher
-(Rubble Master)
All of these are ones I own or am getting on the 25th.

Not Pulver dragon L-Bash or Sonic Boom Medea Griffin.

Pulver Dragon Bash has a low damadge output and is still slow, very ineffective path for PvP. The path sucks without the Wow Pow.

Sonic Boom is strong, but smilie Tempest Dragon is stronger.
---
Fins, of fury!
#1195 Posted: 05:40:08 16/12/2012
^ Still doesn't support smilie being in D tier considering how he never listens to anyone.

I wasn't talking about Lameslinger, I was talking about Rossmacdaddy.
#1196 Posted: 05:45:13 16/12/2012
That's not what I meant. Remember, you DID say that the Ross guy has S2 Flameslinger and says his Wow Pow is redundant, trying top use it as evidence as evidence Tasiji's support for Lameslinger.

Not trying to put you down, just saying.
---
Fins, of fury!
#1197 Posted: 05:53:22 16/12/2012
Okay well, all I was saying was Rossmacdaddy finds Lameslinger's wow pow rather redundant. I do not know if it is or is not. But I do think both versions of S1 Flameslinger can go to D, they simply lose to often to keep up with C tier from my experience.
#1198 Posted: 06:00:55 16/12/2012
Well then you may just stink with Flameslinger, no offense. I did pretty well in PvP on Pyromancer (though not on Marksman unfortunately, that path is more fun in my opinion). I would rather keep him where he is, he's really fast and long-ranged; pretty hard to hard to catch. He just lacks offense and armor.

"I almost let you win, but no"
-Flameslinger
---
Fins, of fury!
#1199 Posted: 06:41:05 16/12/2012
S2 Trigger Happy's Wow Pow is... odd. It's very contingent on the easily-interrupted machine gun attack, which summarizes my main problem with it; to utilize the move, you have to use a different and much less useful move first. Yes, it's nice shooting those wide-area 30 damage blasts, but the machine gun is very hard to sustain when even a 2-damage Auto Blaster shot stops you cold. Honestly, I still find myself doing the coin toss as Trigger Happy, and if his Wow Pow were amazing, I'd probably have gravitated towards that instead.

Nevertheless, it is so easy to fry E and most of D with this new move that it can only move him upwards. I'm not so sure I'd give either path the bump to C, because C has some tough guys nowadays, but they're D-tier without question. Nobody in E can beat S2 Triggs with any reliability, either path.

EDIT: And yes, it is true that different toons suit different people, but the truth is, the best Trigger Happy on his best day is objectively worse than some guy just slapping a generic, no-Heroics Bouncer on the portal and spamming the same bouncing bullets as Triggs, plus fist rockets. It will work, every time, simply because Bouncer has over twice Trigger Happy's HP and more versatile attacks to boot. There's just no way he can be higher than Bouncer on a tier list, because Bouncer is the same basic character with an easier-to-hit charge attack and double the health. He's got to at least rate Trigger Happy accurately before I could believe his list is legit, because the Triggs/Bouncer thing is just math; nobody's opinion required.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:48:07 16/12/2012 by Tashiji
mario7604 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1013
#1200 Posted: 09:08:47 16/12/2012
Dang I only have 1 Xbox controller so cant PvP test... smilie
---
YAY! I BLUE SPARX! Specials:
S:SA: all sidekicks, WERDS smilie Chase GITD smilie
S:G smilie GITD smilie smilie smilie AE smilie smilie smilie smilie
First | Previous | Page 24 of 51 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 49 50 51

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me