darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: GIANTS EDITION.
First | Previous | Page 21 of 51 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 49 50 51
The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: GIANTS EDITION. [STICKY]
Thumpterra12 Ripto Gems: 120
#1001 Posted: 20:30:35 08/12/2012
Ues, but hes still borimg and overpowered.
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#1002 Posted: 20:32:37 08/12/2012
Amy one want me to do testing?

I have all series one, and the rest are on my bio. Thy can be any paths. (Except Flashwing I'm not redoing her)
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantime☠
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#1003 Posted: 20:38:00 08/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: joerox123
Amy one want me to do testing?

I have all series one, and the rest are on my bio. Thy can be any paths. (Except Flashwing I'm not redoing her)

If you can do test PvP battles, then it would be helpful just to see some general battles between characters against their own tiers. We don't need so much testing on the S and A Tiers for now, but any of the other tiers lower down could do with some checking up on, just to make sure that all characters in those tiers fit in with their placements, and which need to be nudged up or down.
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#1004 Posted: 20:56:12 08/12/2012
^ Okay will do!

Starting with Gearhead Sprocket. Any one else?
---
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7386
#1005 Posted: 22:22:44 08/12/2012
Quote: EgoNaut
Quote: gillgrunt987
Here's my team, Egonaut:

Series 1:
Gill Grunt
Double Trouble
Eruptor
Stump Smash
Boomer
Drill Sergeant
Chop Chop
Ghost Roaster

Series 2:
Slam Bam
Zook

Newlanders:
Fright Rider
Pop Fizz

Giants:
Tree Rex
Bouncer
Crusher

Any one on a path you want me to test?

As for what you can do, gillgrunt987, let's start by organising your Skylanders into their current tiers:
S Tier:smiliesmilie
A Tier:smilieS2smilieS2smiliesmiliesmilie
B Tier:smiliesmilieS2smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
C Tier:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieS2smilie
D Tier:smiliesmiliesmilie
E Tier:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

You didn't state what upgrade paths your Skylanders were on, but it nonetheless looks like you should have a decent ammount of Skylanders in all tiers except S Tier and D Tier. What you could therefore do that would help is have alot of battles where you pit your Skylanders against eachother who are in the same tier: This would help us see whether each Skylander belongs in the tier we have them in so far, and which Skylanders gain too many wins or losses for their tiers.
The tiers i'm personally interested in right now are the C and B tiers for some reason, but you can do whatever you feel like doing with the Skylanders you've got. smilie

• Gill Grunt S2 / Water Weaver placed in B tier. Any opinions on S2 Harpooner?
  • Chop Chop S2 / Undead Defender moved to S Tier. Anything I should know about S2 Vampiric Warrior?
  • Jet-Vac / Packeteer moved to C Tier.

Firstly, update on my team. Wave 2 is out in the UK and Hot Head has been added. He is on no path yet. As for paths...

Gill Grunt: Water Weaver
Stump Smash: Smash n Bash
Ghost Roaster, Skull Master
Double Trouble, Channeler
Eruptor, Volcanoer
Drill Sergeant, Mega Dozer
Boomer, Clobber Troll
Chop Chop, Vampiric Warrior
Tree Rex, Lumbering Laserer
Bouncer, Robot Rocketeer
Crusher, Rock Grinder
Hot Head, N/A
Pop Fizz, Best of the Beast
Fright Rider, Sir Lance a Lot

I don't need to mention Slam Bam and Zooks paths but alas...

Slam Bam, Blizzard Brawler
Zook, Floral Defender

Any you guys want me to test?
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
#1006 Posted: 22:37:59 08/12/2012
how about boomer? i would like to see how he competes with A or B.
LightSpyro13 Blue Sparx Gems: 861
#1007 Posted: 00:02:03 09/12/2012
Just a little question for anyone who has both: Who would win? Blaze Dragon smilie or Nut Crafter smilie S2?
---
Fins, of fury!
#1008 Posted: 01:36:54 09/12/2012
i dunt have, but it seems to be a tough match. the fire stream could pop the nuts, but the continuis spamming and wall bouncing might trump that...
#1009 Posted: 02:37:04 09/12/2012
Okay, I finished Gearhead Sprocket! I must say it is stronger and better than Operator.

Here are some results A-B:

Zook / Floral Defender: 7W/3L
Terrafin / Brawler: 5W/5L
Chill / Ice Lancer: 4W/6L
Sunburn / Flame Lord: 8W/2L
Dino-Rang / G.B.M: 6W/4L
Camo / V.V.: 3W/7L
Pop Fizz / Mad Scientist: 9W/3L
Tree Rex / Lumber Laserer: 5W/5L
Crusher / Rubble Master: 10W/1L

I think she belongs high A. I'm doing S testing tommorow. Also, T.T/L.R= C Teir
---
#1010 Posted: 02:57:25 09/12/2012
^I don't have Sprocket (but I plan on getting her sooner or later), but I heard Gearhead is the inferior path by plentys of people. Like this guy wdrumz, a popular Skylanders critic

---
Fins, of fury!
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#1011 Posted: 02:59:37 09/12/2012
^I love wdrumz!

Also, still excited for Series 2 Terrafin Brawler video smilie
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
#1012 Posted: 04:56:40 09/12/2012
It's inferior? How? I've tried both and it is WAY superior!

Damage Output:
Wrench-16
Combo-28~
Turret-8
Mines-20
Landmine Golf-30
Tank Shoots-12
Exploding Tank-50
---
#1013 Posted: 05:01:07 09/12/2012
Well I don't really own Sprocket atm, but from what I've heard Gearhead is useless compared to Operator, from plenty of people. Plus, I looked at upgrades on Both paths and saw guide videos from Wdrumz, Operator seems superior still.

But then again, I've made several disagreements with your opinions (Nothing wrong with that though). So it's unlikely that I will agree if I do get her.
---
Fins, of fury!
#1014 Posted: 12:15:52 09/12/2012
Quote: joerox123
Okay, I finished Gearhead Sprocket! I must say it is stronger and better than Operator.

Here are some results A-B:

Zook / Floral Defender: 7W/3L
Terrafin / Brawler: 5W/5L
Chill / Ice Lancer: 4W/6L
Sunburn / Flame Lord: 8W/2L
Dino-Rang / G.B.M: 6W/4L
Camo / V.V.: 3W/7L
Pop Fizz / Mad Scientist: 9W/3L
Tree Rex / Lumber Laserer: 5W/5L
Crusher / Rubble Master: 10W/1L

I think she belongs high A. I'm doing S testing tommorow. Also, T.T/L.R= C Teir

What arenas were you doing? If tree rex lost that much, you werent doing sunrise square, or lockdowm oslands.
#1015 Posted: 15:44:26 09/12/2012
^ I was doing the Time One with the elemmantal floors. I forget what's its called ATM.

And yeah, LS, I agree to disagree (MIsmilie right now I'm begggining test with her in S tier.
---
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#1016 Posted: 16:00:10 09/12/2012
Elementalist Voodood seems kind of out-of-place in C. A lot of the game engine changes have been to the benefit of even the non-augmented zipline, making precision less of an issue when chasing as Voodood. Tripwires also seem "smoother" this time around, so it's a little easier to actually collect on the 60-damage promise that seemed so tempting in the first game. Besides which, even though Marauder's is obviously superior, Elementalist's melee damage is still at least comparable to B-tier melee characters. Especially since Voodood's best combo is and always has been the one that both paths have access to.

To sum it up, I don't think it's a slight as much as an oversight that Elementalist is currently a C-tier character. We haven't really had the time to look at him, as the game is still new, and really, who's rushing to try the B-path of a non-reposed character? Nevertheless, his long list of perks, plus an overall change in metagame that favors defense, has actually caused his stock to rise by at least that one tier. I'd bump him to B. The C guys really don't stand a chance for the most part. Tripwires, ziplines and melee strikes just run roughshod over them.

EDIT: Also, Slime Serpent Zap has actually been nerfed a little bit. His slime trail doesn't travel as far or as fast as it did before, and doesn't seem to slow enemies quite as much either. I don't think he can stay C-tier, because that list of perks they took from him were the sole basis of his presence there to begin with. He may well be D-tier now, and I would have no reservations at all about putting him there. Zap may become relevant again when the Scorpion Striker pack gets here, but for now, his best efforts using his S:SA playstyle are simply not enough.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:11:21 09/12/2012 by Tashiji
#1017 Posted: 16:18:21 09/12/2012
Results with S:

Double Trouble:4-6
Crusher:2-8 (Elemental Damage)

Defenitly A.
---
#1018 Posted: 16:42:49 09/12/2012
DT stays in S. his dmg is insane.
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#1019 Posted: 17:24:29 09/12/2012
Double Trouble definitely is S. If you're losing more than not as him you may just be poor as him, or at the game as a whole.

Also, Undead defender Chop Chop should be in the same tier as Vampiric warrior, they're very close to equal in my opinion. The wow pow is a big improvement, my theory is that they know they poorly executed him in the first game so they decided to give him an over the top wow pow, that ensured that you would never use any of his other moves again. But the shield bash does occasionally "run out of power" and that leaves him open to a ranged attack from someone like Flameslinger. Undead defender has some problems with S tier, like Channeler Double trouble, and Megadozer Drill sergant(even series 1!!!!)

So either A tier for both of them or B tier for both of them, neither above the other.
#1020 Posted: 17:54:44 09/12/2012
^ Are you kidding? Undead Defender S2 is easily S tier. All you is keep bursting with the shield doing 61 damage each time, absorbing your opponents attacks, and bashing (or blasting) it back at them. It's so unfair! Besides if it does run out of power you could easily pop it back up, and block projectiles from Lameslinger (smilie) or any other Ranged character!

Vampiric Warrior is no higher than B though. The Shield Bash only does 35 damage and he can't even block all the damage on this path, nor can he release it back at his opponent. He will still take some damage when using the shield.
---
Fins, of fury!
#1021 Posted: 17:54:51 09/12/2012
Honestly, I've found Double Trouble to be one of U.D. Chop Chop's easiest wins in S-tier. Simply steamrolls him. Eldritch Beam is astonishingly ineffective against the shield, and DT falls quickly once Chop Chop starts stunlocking him. Yes, Magic > Undead, but playstyle tips the balance here in my experience.

For that matter, what does Vampiric Warrior do that Undead Defender can't eclipse him at? The Wow Pow, as you've stated, single-handedly vaults both builds up several tiers, and the reason why is that it's the only thing you even use. There is no place in Chop Chop's offensive style to bother with melee anymore. It leaves you open, AND does less damage than repeat shield charges. Given that, the fact that Undead Defender's shield charge does roughly twice the damage (61 to 35) AND Stuns is reason alone to separate them by several tiers.

They're not equally good builds anymore. All the changes that favor Chop Chop favor Undead Defender substantially more.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:01:07 09/12/2012 by Tashiji
#1022 Posted: 17:59:11 09/12/2012
Just Wondering, why is Rubble Master smilie in S tier?
---
Fins, of fury!
#1023 Posted: 18:13:10 09/12/2012
^ Because it's almost impossible for most characters to drain 1,200~ HP in the face of the decent-to-high damage Crusher can inflict rolling around and exploding rocks, hitting at range with his hammer, and in general being a solid character. Additionally, his main elemental threat is Air, and the only one who's really taking that fight reliably is Swarm, so type weaknesses are almost a non-issue. He's not an extreme powerhouse, but his ridiculous HP and +Armor scores coupled with the respectable damage he does deal make him a tough kill even for the best characters in the game, especially after Heroics.
#1024 Posted: 18:14:51 09/12/2012
double trouble is 1 crusher killer. hammer daddy is not as good, cause the hammer is hard to aim.
#1025 Posted: 18:25:54 09/12/2012
The problem with Rubble Master is vulnerability. You can still get hurt when you burst into rolling boulders and when you transform back into your normal self; you can't move for a short moment and you're left open to attack. smilie Soul of the Flame (still S tier regardless), smilie LIghtning Lord, smilie Wind Master, & smilie (With the Wow Pow) face similar problems. The Exploding Rocks do a lot of damage, but you're still easy to attack.

His hammer also has a poor aim, the cavelight stare can be broken free from, and the fissures are useless.

I agree about the S tier because of his High HP and Armor though, just saying.
---
Fins, of fury!
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#1026 Posted: 18:29:07 09/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Any other thoughts on me moving Voodood / Elementalist to B Tier and Zap / Slime Serpent (series 1) to D Tier?
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#1027 Posted: 18:36:31 09/12/2012
i havent done elementalist for voodood, im addicted to mrauder.
#1028 Posted: 18:47:48 09/12/2012
Quote: LightSpyro13
The problem with Rubble Master is vulnerability. You can still get hurt when you burst into rolling boulders and when you transform back into your normal self; you can't move for a short moment and you're left open to attack. smilie Soul of the Flame (still S tier regardless), smilie LIghtning Lord, smilie Wind Master, & smilie (With the Wow Pow) face similar problems. The Exploding Rocks do a lot of damage, but you're still easy to attack.

His hammer also has a poor aim, the cavelight stare can be broken free from, and the fissures are useless.

I agree about the S tier because of his High HP and Armor though, just saying.

No, that's my exact reason for it too. He does have vulnerabilities. His damage is quite a bit lower than some other S-tiers, and he's a big target. Problem is, he has about twice the HP of most of the other S-tier regulars, his high +Armor (with an added +40 from an upgrade) actually leads to a lot of blocked attacks, and this amounts to a character who is just plain tough to fully drain. S-tier characters usually have one completely lopsided attribute that puts them there. Speed for some, sheer power for others, and although there aren't as many entrants based on this, extreme defensive prowess is certainly something a characters can use to compete at the top.

Since Crusher has twice the average HP and twice the average Armor, just doing a lot of damage to him isn't enough; you have to do over twice what he is putting out to win, and few can pull that off in time. This is a level of HP that can absorb five of Hex's skull servant blasts before succumbing, and that's not accounting for any that he blocks. He can spot Trigger Happy two free Yamato Blasts and still have more HP leftover than Trigs has maxed. Cap his Heroics, and Crusher would be a monster even if his damage totally sucked, which it doesn't--it's actually moderate-high.
#1029 Posted: 18:48:50 09/12/2012
Zap Slime Sea Serpent TOTALLY deserves D. I DEMAND THAT YOU MOVE IT THERE (haha just joking, just a vote!)!

The auto-electricity doesn't last as long as it used to, the slime is shorter, doesn't slow you down as much, and doesn't travel as fast anymore. It's nerfed, although it never was so awesome in my opinion. Telsa Dragon is clearly the superior path now, actually it always was.

I don't think his Wow Pow will fix that (I can only hope it does, I love smilie cuz he's fun). According to the Strategy Guide book for the game, Zap's Wow Pow is actually just a Splash he can do when using the Wave attack, for harming multiple enemies in PvE. it's like SUnburn's Soul Gem where his Phoenix Dash explodes when playtime is over.

A disappointing wow pow so far, though most of the wow pows are disappointing.

Hex's Skull Buddy is easy to destroy even though it does massive damage, not enough for S tier in my opinion (more of an Upper A)

Trigger Happy's Megablast does petty little damage

Ignitor's Blue Flame is a little easy to avoid like Zap's Sea Slime, though still good

Wrecking Ball's (and yes, I know he isn't out yet) Disco Ball just plays Disco Music and increases the damage of the Forcefield ball by 30%, it still controls poorly.
---
Fins, of fury!
weebbby Emerald Sparx Gems: 4220
#1030 Posted: 18:50:05 09/12/2012
Quote: EgoNaut
Any other thoughts on me moving Voodood / Elementalist to B Tier and Zap / Slime Serpent (series 1) to D Tier?

Voodood Elementalist should stay where it is in my opinion, and I'm too busy to state why.
#1031 Posted: 18:50:38 09/12/2012
hes good, but not THAT good. or maybe my cousin is just plain bad with him? anyways, slam bam has armor that compares with this guy, right?
#1032 Posted: 19:00:00 09/12/2012
But Slam Bam's HP is just above average and not insane like Crusher's (1201 for Crusher vs. 792 for Slam Bam). Some characters have tremendous armor, and some have tremendous HP, but Crusher is in the rarefied position of having both, AND a weak elemental opposition in Air. The elemental "circle of life" is huge, and strong opposition like Fire is to Air can weaken the whole element. I mean, who likes playing a character with six guaranteed losses if you're fighting an uphill battle, like Water does against Life? Air being weak is huge for Crusher. It trims down his list of fears, and by proxy, adds to his list of advantages.

Also, skull servant is incredibly easy to use in PVP. I have no difficulties against any character without a specific advantage to Hex. She can escape fine and defend herself far above the average, and keep in mind that you can charge a second skull servant while the first is already out for instant deployment as it drops. If opponents try to stay out of range, just let the skull rain fly and they'll have to adjust for you, eventually opening themselves up. She suffers against characters who can instantly bypass a system of bone shields (Ignitor, et. al.), but there's only a very small number of those versus scores of characters with virtually no chance at victory.

S-tier doesn't mean you can't be beaten, just that you're taking about 85-90% of battles, and most of those wins are of the decisive variety. Bonecrafter does this with ease.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:08:57 09/12/2012 by Tashiji
#1033 Posted: 19:04:35 09/12/2012
so, the only hex killers that win 50+ percent of the time are in S tier? i know that smilie,smilie, and smilie can, but can any one else?
#1034 Posted: 19:09:12 09/12/2012
Quote: Tashiji
Honestly, I've found Double Trouble to be one of U.D. Chop Chop's easiest wins in S-tier. Simply steamrolls him. Eldritch Beam is astonishingly ineffective against the shield, and DT falls quickly once Chop Chop starts stunlocking him. Yes, Magic > Undead, but playstyle tips the balance here in my experience.

For that matter, what does Vampiric Warrior do that Undead Defender can't eclipse him at? The Wow Pow, as you've stated, single-handedly vaults both builds up several tiers, and the reason why is that it's the only thing you even use. There is no place in Chop Chop's offensive style to bother with melee anymore. It leaves you open, AND does less damage than repeat shield charges. Given that, the fact that Undead Defender's shield charge does roughly twice the damage (61 to 35) AND Stuns is reason alone to separate them by several tiers.

They're not equally good builds anymore. All the changes that favor Chop Chop favor Undead Defender substantially more.

Really? Really? If Double trouble is easy for chop chop then you must be putting Double Trouble right in front of Chop chop's face, that is a bad move. All you have to do is put yourself at a higher elevation than Chop chop, or better yet a bounce pad and fire up the beam. Chop chop has not vertical range so he's going to get frustrated.
#1035 Posted: 19:10:52 09/12/2012
Quote: Thumpterra12
so, the only hex killers that win 50+ percent of the time are in S tier? i know that smilie,smilie, and smilie can, but can any one else?

No, that's not how it works either. Slam Bam demolishes Ignitor, but I don't think anyone would consider him an S-tier character. He just has a specialized strength that allows him to beat Ignitor, who has a specialized weakness. Even if a C-tier regular could take out an S-ranker, it only increases the C-tier guy's stock if he can do the same thing to a whole bunch of other characters to increase his winning record. It's all about overall wins vs. losses, and the ones with the highest winning percentage vs. the whole field are the ones at the top.
#1036 Posted: 19:14:06 09/12/2012
I'm well aware that S tier just means 85-90% of victory, just feel that Hex S2 doesn't belong there.

1. Like the Skull Rain, the Skull Buddy takes a little while to make, even on Bone Crafter. If you break her Bone Wall (which isn't hard, the Bone Wall is kind of easy to destroy), you can let her have it with an attack and interrupt the spell.

2. The Skull Buddy does 280 damage per shot, but it's really short-ranged compared to most of Hex's other moves. What Hex lacks is speed (aside from Close-Quarters combat, without the Skull Buddy that is); she's pretty easy to outrun unless you're using someone REALLY slow like Eruptor, Prism Break, or Stump Smash. I find the Buddy better for fighting Slower guys with low agility, faster guys like smilie escaped from it pretty easily. You're gonna have to actually catch and stay by your opponent to use the Buddy.

3. Most importantly, the Skull Buddy does not last very long and will disappear in about 7-9 seconds I believe. OR you can destroy it yourself by damaging Hex a bit until it fades away (as shown in my gameplay video of Shade Mater I posted a little earlier, if I did poorly or didn't show that; I can do it again). TFB would be fools to put the damage so high if it didn't come with setbacks, that would be a BIG MISTAKE if you couldn't destroy it.

It does come close as an Upper A in my opinion though.
---
Fins, of fury!
#1037 Posted: 19:15:33 09/12/2012
Quote: Mrmorrises

Really? Really? If Double trouble is easy for chop chop then you must be putting Double Trouble right in front of Chop chop's face, that is a bad move. All you have to do is put yourself at a higher elevation than Chop chop, or better yet a bounce pad and fire up the beam. Chop chop has not vertical range so he's going to get frustrated.

But Chop Chop is way faster, can catch and stun DT anywhere on the field (including knocking him out of the air) and just won't let up on DT for long enough to get this to work. Besides, what you are describing is a specialized circumstance that, at best, just gives DT a chance to make it close, and not a way to win. Wherever you go, Chop Chop will find and stun you. Shield charge is faster than magic bombs, so he'll be interrupting all of those as well. Since Eldritch Beam locks onto the shield and not Chop Chop, it's crippled. I really don't see how DT can win with any regularity; elemental advantages don't mean anything if all your best attacks are ineffectual.
#1038 Posted: 19:18:17 09/12/2012

No, that's not how it works either. Slam Bam demolishes Ignitor, but I don't think anyone would consider him an S-tier character. He just has a specialized strength that allows him to beat Ignitor, who has a specialized weakness. Even if a C-tier regular could take out an S-ranker, it only increases the C-tier guy's stock if he can do the same thing to a whole bunch of other characters to increase his winning record. It's all about overall wins vs. losses, and the ones with the highest winning percentage vs. the whole field are the ones at the top.

there is a type advantage, too. i was just trying to think of other hex killers. can you think of one?
#1039 Posted: 19:22:47 09/12/2012

smilie Beat Hex? No way!
---
Fins, of fury!
#1040 Posted: 19:23:17 09/12/2012
yes, he can burrow under the bone wall.

EDIT: AND, he can shoot paramushrooms over the wall.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:23:57 09/12/2012 by Thumpterra12
#1041 Posted: 19:23:36 09/12/2012
A specialiazed circumstance, huh. Look at S2 megadozer Drill sergant, we are all assuming that he is playing keep away, same applies to Lameslinger. In addition it's HARD for Chop chop to hit Double Trouble in the air, and one false move from Chop chop will result in taking HUGE damage from the beam.

Now dont get me wrong, just because of loss to one character does not mean they are bad, the shield bash is a vast improvement.
#1042 Posted: 19:24:37 09/12/2012
yes. the shield is now amazing, even on s1.
#1043 Posted: 19:28:14 09/12/2012
I like Terrafin for that, Ignitor quite a bit for Hex stomping... Chop Chop does nicely if executed properly, but you're always running a risk getting close. Flameslinger is an even match, but all it ends up as is a duel between skull rain and arrow rain that drags on unnecessarily long. Double Trouble CAN work well, but his HP and speed are awful, so there's not much room for error on that one. Prism Break does well at stopping the servant, but will probably still lose to Hex's other attacks. Drobot can do it... The problem is that a lot of these counters can very easily still be blasted into oblivion if they leave themselves even slightly open. The biggest problem when facing Hex is that most characters end a battle over the course of a couple minutes, and Hex does it in a couple seconds. Even a well-played strategy falls apart the second she catches you, regardless of how well you were doing before that. No other character can instantly snatch victory from the jaws of defeat with one attack like that, and it's a factor against even the characters who do have an advantage.

If Hex is playing with strategy and knows how and when to use all attacks appropriately, the reliable counters form a pretty narrow list. Most players don't charge another skull servant while the first is already out, but it's possible and ideal to do that, so I don't count lulls between servants as a weakness of a well-played Hex. They go one to the next if the player knows what they're doing.

EDIT: And Double Trouble CANNOT effectively keep himself away from Chop Chop. Chop Chop controls the flow of the match. Every time, every arena, the battle will be Chop Chop getting close to DT with shield charge spam, and DT trying to react. It's a perpetual state of having the high ground, and honestly, I can't imagine having trouble hitting anything in the air with a wide charging attack. I don't mean bouncing up after him either, although that's always an option. It's more a matter of DT bounces, Chop Chop meets him on the ground with a shield charge, stuns him, and it's over.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:32:05 09/12/2012 by Tashiji
#1044 Posted: 19:30:35 09/12/2012
/\ can the skull servant go across the arenas in lockdown islands?
#1045 Posted: 19:32:51 09/12/2012
^ No, but the skull rain absolutely can. The servant is not her only good attack. Bonecrafter Hex was a solid character even before she got it.
#1046 Posted: 19:36:08 09/12/2012
ok. but, with double trouble, his magic bomb can dmg chop chop, right?
#1047 Posted: 19:38:56 09/12/2012
yes, he can burrow under the bone wall.

EDIT: AND, he can shoot paramushrooms over the wall.

I don't think so. I recently reset my smilie to take the crappy Paramushroom Promotion Path, so I Can't test it now to see if you're right. I still have to do the review on it once I max him out (but not with heroics), so I shall test another time.

HOWEVER.....

1. Shroomboom can't burrow under anybody or anything, he just bounces off someone if he touches any one or any attack although he doesn't take the damage and is completely armored. He'll probably just bounce off the wall and can't go underneath it.

2. Life < Undead, Elemental disadvantage for smilie

3. Yeah but the Paratroopers fall VERY slowly and are soo easy to avoid. She could just walk away from them and get to shroomboom and kill him with ease. Just spam the spectral orbs or cast a skull rain to demolish him, plus if my calculations are on, the skull shield soul gem could knock away the paratroopers and the mushrooms... although probably not. The paratroopers also leave him vulnerable for a bit and the skull rain can hit him in the mushroom ring.

Not only does he have the elemental disadvantage, but he lacks Hex's damage output and his attacks are easie to avoid).
---
Fins, of fury!
#1048 Posted: 19:40:18 09/12/2012
Undead Defender's shield blocks those if you don't catch him at the right angle. It is REALLY hard to catch S2 U.D. Chop Chop for any damage; for a thorough description of why, check GSXL's post on him a little earlier in the thread. He's a character you have to try for yourself to see the true strength of, because it doesn't sound like he does a whole heck of a lot just reading a description. In truth, it doesn't matter if he does a lot or not, because the one trick of this pony is to pick his opponents apart in a never-ending stunlock while blocking the best they have automatically.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:46:57 09/12/2012 by Tashiji
#1049 Posted: 19:41:33 09/12/2012
oh. maybe lightning rod can beat her? (prolly not, LR is crappy)
#1050 Posted: 19:45:25 09/12/2012
Lightning Rod can at least slightly neuter the skull servant. The real question is whether or not he's better than her even if she's not using the attack, which is questionable. Needs testing of course.
First | Previous | Page 21 of 51 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 49 50 51

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me