darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Giants > The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: GIANTS EDITION.
First | Previous | Page 20 of 51 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 49 50 51
The Definitive Skylanders PvP Tier List: GIANTS EDITION. [STICKY]
LightSpyro13 Blue Sparx Gems: 861
#951 Posted: 21:11:26 05/12/2012
I say Bird Blaster would be more of an E or D tier and Vac-Packateer is actually better for him. I agree with Tasiji and Earth Dragon on switching between D tier and C tier for both paths.

Bird Blaster was fun, but it did terribly for PvP. The "maximum" damage only increased by 4 points and it's only 15 damage per shot, plus the Super Shot doesn't work in Battle Mode because there are no enemies spawning other than the enemy player. He can't even Knockback the opponent on that path, it's hard to escape when you need to because of this (plus the Jet Pack doesn't last long). It's only good for fighting other long range characters, close-range guys will easily dominate him.

This is a video of my review on Bird Blaster (it's one of my earlier recordings, hence why it goes soo fast and the audio is from hell). hope it helps a little regardless of the fast speed.
Bird Blaster belongs in E tier in my opinion, though D would work too if people disagree again.

Vac Packateer is a bit more versatile and stronger. With the Corkscrew attack, he's finally able to knockback enemies. I also found that the Mulcher helps the Suction Gun deal some decent damage and it's good for when your opponent tries to escape. I shall do another review video of it once I get to Level 15 and do at lest 2 more heroics with him.
---
Fins, of fury!
Tashiji Yellow Sparx Gems: 1453
#952 Posted: 22:07:26 05/12/2012
I would accept D or E for Bird Blaster. Honestly, he does okay in the current D tier, but I suspect many of those will be E as well once the remaining S2 and new characters arrive.

As for Siren Griffon, I do think the ability to make a Superbaby from one egg is enough to do okay in the current C-tier, but due to the cascade effect future releases are going to have on tier placement, she will probably end up a tier lower in the end just like Bird Blaster. Again though, it remains to be seen, and C is probably the best option right now.
joerox123 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1992
#953 Posted: 00:07:22 06/12/2012
^ She should be in B. her roar is so powerful, and if you just need one baby for a super baby, why not higher?
---
the road is long, we carry on
try to have fun in the meantimeā˜ 
Mrmorrises Platinum Sparx Gems: 7027
#954 Posted: 02:55:24 06/12/2012
I think someone should test the E tier and D tier fighting some of the giants, just to see how they perform against them.
#955 Posted: 03:56:09 06/12/2012
S2 Pook Blade Stealth Elf is, for all intents and purposes, the same character as S1. You are unlikely to ever use her Wow Pow in PVP. In fact, doing so actually opens you to more damage due to the fact that you're holding a button now and not just mashing it... the latter, incidentally, being Pook Blade's best defense AND offense at close range, so why ever stop when you've gone through all the effort of cornering your opponent in the first place? You are basically playing the exact same character with either figure if you're playing her well, so there's no Wow Pow separation effect this time.

Forest Ninja, on the other hand, actually has a decent weapon now, so we'll see about her.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:57:51 06/12/2012 by Tashiji
EgoNaut Yellow Sparx Gems: 1730
#956 Posted: 16:38:57 06/12/2012 | Topic Creator
I think we've got enough of a majority vote for now on the Sonic Boom S2 and Jet-Vac fronts. I'll also go by Tashiji's recommendation for Stealth Elf S2 / Pook Blade Saint, but i'll wait around for opinions on Forest Ninja.

• Sonic Boom S2 / Siren Griffin placed in C Tier, for now.
  • Jet-Vac / Bird Blaster moved to D Tier, for now.
  • Stealth Elf S2 / Pook Blade Saint placed in A Tier, for now.

I was wondering whether we could do with any more general all-round testing on certain tiers, like what I was asking people to do with the S and A Tiers earlier in the topic: I wondered if it'd be helpful if people with some free time could generally test the current B and C Tiers, just to check see there are any straggling fliers/sinkers in them that we may have missed. Any thoughts?
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S2: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
S3: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:39:38 06/12/2012 by EgoNaut
Earth-Dragon Blue Sparx Gems: 972
#957 Posted: 19:41:34 06/12/2012
Jet-Vac / Packeteer is one I did an injustice to. He is definitely C tier at least. He can do enough damage to any bottom melee with his Vac attack to take them out before they take him out, can easily close the gap against ranged guys and do the same to them, and has enough get up to pack around and pepper folks a little bit with blasts before going in for the kill. There are a few he struggles with and will rarely beat in C, but most have the opposite issue and struggle against him.

Packeteer should be C.
---
Glad heroic challenges are gone. Imagine doing 165 per skylander. That's 27225 challenges. No thank you.
#958 Posted: 19:45:40 06/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Sounds cool.

Anyone else have objections to me moving Jet-Vac / Packeteer up to C Tier?
---
S1: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#959 Posted: 19:53:15 06/12/2012
I disagree with Jet Vac bird blaster being D tier, he's kind of like Shade master Hex(series 1 obviously) with an escape move. Hex has the bone wall, but it's pretty fragile on shade master, where as Bird blaster can fly off on his jet pack and use the suction gun to replenish it.

Also I'm going to suggest both paths for Spyro go to E tier. Obviously for series 1, because he is now outclassed in many ways either path you go. Let's compare Blitz spyro to Just jockey Fright rider. Blitz does more damage and can stun, okay, Joust jockey steers pretty well where as Blitz steers like a bus. Joust Jockey can throw in an entombment strike or 360 degrees of spear as well, and thus it has more potential damage.
Sheep burner is alright at spamming, and is actually kind of good for novice players(easy concept just mash down A, on wii) but he's outclassed by Marksman flameslinger, and in some ways harpooner Gill grunt. The triple projectile has just become a very generic idea, and Spyros is the least effective. He was a decent character in the first game, but now he is outclassed at what you have upgraded him to do.
zap18 Gold Sparx Gems: 2521
#960 Posted: 20:03:39 06/12/2012
I have to say Blitz Spyro Series one needs to be A lower B or Upper C
The charges stun stops the opponent from escaping while you you beat the tar out of them. He Also has many ways to escape and the fireballs are engough to stall and do some damage from afar
---
Salsa is best monkey
Amiibos or skylanders? Not sure this time around
#961 Posted: 20:31:34 06/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: Mrmorrises
I disagree with Jet Vac bird blaster being D tier, he's kind of like Shade master Hex(series 1 obviously) with an escape move. Hex has the bone wall, but it's pretty fragile on shade master, where as Bird blaster can fly off on his jet pack and use the suction gun to replenish it.

A fair point, but this doesn't exactly mean Bird Blaster is above D Tier. You have to think about the fact that in 'Giants, the standards for all of the tiers has gone up, and characters thought of as good before are constantly being bumped down as each new Skylander or Series 2 is released.
Even if I moved Bird Blaster back up to C Tier now, let's say, he'd still probably be bumped down again eventually as characters from the upper tiers begin to cascade down even more.

I'm still hesitant about moving Spyro anywhere. I've been seeing equal opinions that he is E Tier or that he can reach C Tier. I think D Tier seems about right for him now until any further developments arise. Any opinions about him are still welcome, though.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:33:31 06/12/2012 by EgoNaut
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7386
#962 Posted: 20:50:20 06/12/2012
Here's my team, Egonaut:

Series 1:
Gill Grunt
Double Trouble
Eruptor
Stump Smash
Boomer
Drill Sergeant
Chop Chop
Ghost Roaster

Series 2:
Slam Bam
Zook

Newlanders:
Fright Rider
Pop Fizz

Giants:
Tree Rex
Bouncer
Crusher

Any one on a path you want me to test?
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
Thumpterra12 Ripto Gems: 120
#963 Posted: 20:56:20 06/12/2012
mah team is wimpy. i got much more coming, though, on monday.
#964 Posted: 04:48:50 07/12/2012
I got this:

These are the skylanders I've currently got in my arsenal, I am open for requests to test a path and back up my statements with video proof. Anyone got requests? Anybody? Anybody?
---
Fins, of fury!
GSXL Red Sparx Gems: 42
#965 Posted: 06:12:10 07/12/2012
Hello, this is going to be my first post. Some background, me and a group of friends are highly competitive and skilled players. We compete at the tournament level in games such as Street Fighter 4, Street Fighter 3rd Strike, Counter-Strike, DOTA, Starcraft, and etc.

The reason I bring this up is to show that as far as gamers go, we tend to have an above average skill level, execution, and innovation.
We've recently got into Skylanders around when Giants first game out, I have been lurking in these forums for a while, and today I finally have some input to share with you guys on the tier list.

The reason I am posting today is because of Chop Chop Series 2 on the Undead Defender Path. He deserves to be in the S Tier for sure.

Here is why:
Wow Pow is amazing, it gives him the mobility he didn't have in series 1. He can easily catch any character within a few seconds regardless of map. He can easily catch one of the fastest characters in the game, Flameslinger. This move along with his shield also allows him to go through any enemy attack. Hex's bonewalls, Zook's cacti, enemy projectiles, mines, traps, fire, anything. There is no slowing him down.

Shield Stun Bash, arguably the best "freezing" mechanic in the game. All he has to do is touch you with his Wow Pow Shield Bash and you're stunned, and you can't mash out of it. During this time he can Bash you two more times. Then when you're unstunned, he just bashes you again. This combined with his mega shield bash allows him to catch any keep away character and stun them.

Spectral Shield, this allows Chop Chop to absorb damage 100% of it. Then later it releases in an area in front of him damage equal to the damage he absorbed. This is ridiculous, he can literally perfect characters with this. Most characters have no way around this and can't fight Chop Chop straight up. Combined with his Stun and Mega Shield Bash Chop Chop is almost unstoppable.

Here is the execution.
Chop Chop can decisively beat every single character in the S Tier, barring Terrafin on the Slime Pipe Map. Double Trouble, Stump Smash, Bash, Crusher, Hex, Flameslinger, Drill Sergeant all lose with a ratio of at least 7-3 in Chop Chop's favor. Ignitor can actually hold his own and a little bit of luck is involved, where you have to hope when Chop Chop closes in on you (and he will) that you're flame heads lock onto him and shoot the minimum distance to deal maximum damage.

He can also decisively beat every single Magical element which should have a slight advantage. Double trouble either path cannot even touch him, and the rest are just as bad. Voodood does get an honorable mention because he was able to beat him once out of 4 times.

We went through nearly our entire cast of Skylanders (and we have every Skylander), and here is a list of characters that come out ahead or slightly behind. Characters not listed are either at least 3-7 in Chop Chop's favor or haven't been tested.
Hot Head Oil Baron 5-5
Slam Bam Either Path 4-6
Ignitor Soul of the Flame 4-6
Eruptor Volcanor 6-4 (Very surprising)
Sunburn Flamelord 5-5
Terrafin Either Path 7-3 (Only on slime pipe, probably 5-5 or 4-6 on any other map with elevation and bounce pads)
Whirlwind Tempest Dragon 4-6 (Only on slime pipe and ice bowl arena where whirlwind can slide and out maneuver Chop Chop's bash)

We play with no food, no power ups, yes arena hazards. Now we haven't tested every character but we have an idea of which type of characters can possibly win. These are characters with AOE's with damage that ticks fast. This causes Chop Chop to lower his shield and actually take some damage instead of just absorbing it and launching it back at you. This is why Eruptor can beat him, Chop Chop is a melee character and has to come in to do damage, Eruptor lays out his lava pools and when Chop Chop comes in he absorbs too much damage (or the damage hits from the back) and his shield gets lowered. Chop Chop was still able to win some matches by using the Bone Shambles to out range Eruptor, and by getting chain stuns in, or playing very safe.

My friend who was using Chop Chop probably is slightly less skilled than I am and still took out the entire S Tier and basically our entire collection of Skylanders. I also took control of Chop Chop and noticed that if I lowered the shield after a Bash it prevented Chop Chop from lowering his shield from taking damage more often and thus I can control when he lowers shield. I was able to defeat Hex Bone Crafter and Stealth Elf both paths without taking any damage.
#966 Posted: 07:06:38 07/12/2012
^ One problem with the Stun Shield Bash, it does not always work and only sometimes suns the opponent. Also, the Shield Skewer makes him very fast compared to Series 1, but can still be outrun by a few other characters; smilie included with his Wow Pow. His Shield can stay up for a while, but when it ends; he is left open to attack for a moment by projectile characters such as smilie or smilie. Also, when he absorbs damage, his shield bash is real fast and does a lot of damage; but it can only Burst in one direction and it can easily be avoid if you're fast enough.

I agree about the S tier and the other stuff, but not that he's unbeatable.
---
Fins, of fury!
GSXL Red Sparx Gems: 42
#967 Posted: 08:49:00 07/12/2012
Rainbow Dash is awesome.

But that is besides the point, in our play tests Chop Chop easily catches Flameslinger, and the Flameslinger is being controlled by someone who mains Flameslinger and has been playing him from the beginning.

Also in our matches with Drobot and Chop Chop, Chop Chop just gets in Drobot's face before Drobot can do anything. When Chop Chop drops his guard he can just put the shield up again in less then a second. That is not enough time for Drobot to do significant damage, thats if Drobot isn't getting repeatedly Bashed and stunned. Even in a large open map (Ice Bowl) Drobot was defenseless to Chop Chop.

Also I never said Chop Chop was unbeatable, I even gave a list of characters that can beat him. I merely stated that Chop Chop belongs in S Tier and gave examples why I thought this.

Thanks for the input though, input and opinions are always encouraged.
#968 Posted: 11:11:10 07/12/2012
welcome to smilie! i totally agree, except i have s1 chop chop. he is over powered even there. i know why he has problems with volcanor. volcanor ultimately destroys most melee/short ranged characters. the shield doesnt stop it, and they have no way to keep out of the lava. he is definitely S, but i think s1 is B-A.
Skybagel Gold Sparx Gems: 2092
#969 Posted: 13:19:54 07/12/2012
Quote: LightSpyro13
I got this:

These are the skylanders I've currently got in my arsenal, I am open for requests to test a path and back up my statements with video proof. Anyone got requests? Anybody? Anybody?

S2 Hex Shade Master.

S2 Hex Shade Master.

S2 Hex Shade Master.

S2 Hex Shade Master.

S2 HEX SHADE MASTER!!!!!
---
Whoop whoop! Yellow Sparx on the day of Swap Force's release!
#970 Posted: 15:08:27 07/12/2012
I actually agree completely with moving S2 UD Chop Chop to S. He competes fine there, as GSXL is saying. Although a lot of individual results will vary based on arena, there is nothing about GSXL's appraisal of the character that strikes me as being inaccurate or suspicious at all. Granted, he's in my team, so anyone without a knowledge of my history with Chop Chop would be well entitled to assume I'm being biased. Keep in mind, however, that I was perhaps the strongest advocate that he never escape the bottom tier in S:SA, and that the only reason I would ever touch the character to begin with based on my history of bashing him would be combat prowess. Although results against the rest of S-tier have been slightly less decisive in my own testing, he certainly does exceed a .500 record there.

Totally second Undead Defender to S. Without reservation.

EDIT: Also, S2 Water Weaver Gill Grunt seems to do fine in B-tier just by using the same tactics as before, along with his Wow Pow. Yes, the potency of sealife/hose spam has been lessened a little bit by the Giants engine, but it doesn't really change his dominance over lower-tier characters in a noticeable way. He still fizzles out taking on the top tiers for the most part, but he can more or less sweep C and below. Anyone else have thoughts on S2 Water Weaver to B?
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 15:55:11 07/12/2012 by Tashiji
Slivers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1387
#971 Posted: 16:17:37 07/12/2012
Quote: GSXL
The reason I am posting today is because of Chop Chop Series 2 on the Undead Defender Path. He deserves to be in the S Tier for sure.

Quote: Tashiji
I actually agree completely with moving S2 UD Chop Chop to S. He competes fine there, as GSXL is saying.

Agreed as well. We started playing with Chop Chop S2 a little over a week ago and after now having him leveled but with few Heroic Challenges, he is already a wrecking machine; winning in more than 50% of the "S" tier matches. He has also become one of the go-to Skylanders for my 10-year old to use against "Dad" smilie If I make a mistake with even S-Tier Skylanders and Chop Chop gets a Stun in, it becomes difficult to recover from. AoE is still a weakness for him if it hits "behind" him and his shield doesn't block it, but with his speed even that is difficult.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:18:12 07/12/2012 by Slivers
Slivers Yellow Sparx Gems: 1387
#972 Posted: 16:28:28 07/12/2012
Quote: Tashiji
S2 Pook Blade Stealth Elf is, for all intents and purposes, the same character as S1. You are unlikely to ever use her Wow Pow in PVP. In fact, doing so actually opens you to more damage due to the fact that you're holding a button now and not just mashing it... the latter, incidentally, being Pook Blade's best defense AND offense at close range, so why ever stop when you've gone through all the effort of cornering your opponent in the first place? You are basically playing the exact same character with either figure if you're playing her well, so there's no Wow Pow separation effect this time.

Forest Ninja, on the other hand, actually has a decent weapon now, so we'll see about her.

I hate always having to agree with Tashiji ... we need to get him drunk and make him post so I can disagree and argue with him.

The one thing that still keeps Stealth Elf S1 and S2 competitive in SG that wasn't used/needed in S:SA, it is her Decoy. If the next Skylanders supports online Battles and her "eyes" while stealthed cannot be seen, she may creep back up to S class. I know I have started to play her very differently in SG vs S:SA; utilizing Stealth very very frequently.

And, indeed, Forest Ninja is now intriguing! I will be doing some testing tomorrow when some friends and their kids come over and prior to the new Pokemon movie at 6:00 CST smilie
DocCroc Yellow Sparx Gems: 1668
#973 Posted: 16:29:42 07/12/2012
Water Weaver to B sounds about right. He reminds me a lot of Madea Griffin Sonic Boom in that he can really dominate most of the low tier and put up a fight against those above him, thanks in most part to his mobility along with being able to deal some good damage with his harpoon gun and wow pow.

Also, add me in favor of Undead Defender to S. Playing with and fighting against him, he can be a really frustrating opponent. His only weakness is when that shield drops, which doesn't happen often and can easily be recovered with the right guard timing. Most of his loses were against Volcanor Eruptor and Barrier Boost ShroomBoom, who have tricky AoE attacks to get around.
#974 Posted: 16:39:06 07/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Welcome to the thread, GSXL.

I'm happy to move Chop Chop S2 / Undead Defender to S Tier, but just after I clear up one more little thing that I feel unsure about...
Is the sort of Chop Chop domination that GSXL describes an easy, abusable thing that Chop Chop can do to put him in S Tier, or is it something that can take time and practice to get the hang of?

Also, does anyone else have thoughts on me placing Gill Grunt S2 / Water Weaver in B Tier, or moving Jet-Vac / Packeteer to C Tier?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:41:09 07/12/2012 by EgoNaut
#975 Posted: 16:50:25 07/12/2012
My thoughts:

Vac packeteer can go to C tier, as can Bird blaster
Water weaver(Series 1, as I do not have series 2) can stay in C, but if we had to move him then B would be more logical than D.
#976 Posted: 16:58:55 07/12/2012
Chop Chop dominates by Wow Pow spam, so yes, easily abused. It's literally the only thing he does to win, aside from some defending, which will occur on its own since his primary offense involves the shield being raised at all times.
#977 Posted: 18:14:01 07/12/2012
Easily abuse, it makes him real fast and does 61 damage with each normal burst. He is a one-trick pony on this path though, the bone brambles and the sword are useless.

I still agree a lot with the other stuff GSXL said though.
---
Fins, of fury!
#978 Posted: 18:20:10 07/12/2012
Quote: GSXL
Rainbow Dash is awesome.

But that is besides the point, in our play tests Chop Chop easily catches Flameslinger, and the Flameslinger is being controlled by someone who mains Flameslinger and has been playing him from the beginning.

Also in our matches with Drobot and Chop Chop, Chop Chop just gets in Drobot's face before Drobot can do anything. When Chop Chop drops his guard he can just put the shield up again in less then a second. That is not enough time for Drobot to do significant damage, thats if Drobot isn't getting repeatedly Bashed and stunned. Even in a large open map (Ice Bowl) Drobot was defenseless to Chop Chop.

Also I never said Chop Chop was unbeatable, I even gave a list of characters that can beat him. I merely stated that Chop Chop belongs in S Tier and gave examples why I thought this.

Thanks for the input though, input and opinions are always encouraged.

I didn't literally mean "unbeatable". What I meant was he is super strong, but not like that hard to beat. Even a few more characters than the ones you listed could beat him. Drobot could fly away and Flameslinger could use the Wow Pow Flamedash.

I agree about the rest of the stuff and that he should be in S tier.
---
Fins, of fury!
#979 Posted: 18:28:31 07/12/2012
Quote: Skybagel
I got this:

S2 Hex Shade Master.

S2 Hex Shade Master.

S2 Hex Shade Master.

S2 Hex Shade Master.

S2 HEX SHADE MASTER!!!!!

Yeah sure you got it, I'll upload it soon. Shade Master is much more fun for me (Bonecrafter is too OP and boring), but unfortunately it doesn't go as well with the Wow Pow. Without Bonecrafter, the SKull Buddy takes too long to make.
---
Fins, of fury!
gillgrunt987 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7386
#980 Posted: 19:36:07 07/12/2012
I agree with moving Gill Grunt S2 to B tier. I also want a path of one of my skylanders to test please. I will tell you if I can do that path or not.
---
I can survive scalding hot coffee and being whipped for 24 hours a day. Digestive biscuits or riot.
#981 Posted: 19:47:10 07/12/2012
^ Although my team is much bigger than yours (not trying to brag though) and I Can do videos, could you do S2 Zook on Floral Defender and tell me how the Wow Pow works for you.

His Wow Pow looks kind of cool, but kind of useless.
---
Fins, of fury!
#982 Posted: 19:58:45 07/12/2012
/\ yes. you could do that without aiming.
#983 Posted: 20:05:59 07/12/2012
So it is useless?
---
Fins, of fury!
#984 Posted: 20:11:52 07/12/2012
i dont have, but ive heard it is totally useless and the auto aim is better.
#985 Posted: 20:25:38 07/12/2012
Oh well, it looks kind of fun but it seems pointless and leaves him vulnerable (like smilie's Flame Form, it does a HUGE amount of damage but he can still get hurt).

Anyway, here's the Hex Shade Master video.
---
Fins, of fury!
#986 Posted: 20:43:28 07/12/2012
i like it. very informative.
#987 Posted: 21:18:03 07/12/2012
Oh well, it looks kind of fun but it seems pointless and leaves him vulnerable (like smilie's Flame Form, it does a HUGE amount of damage but he can still get hurt).

Anyway, here's the Hex Shade Master video.

YOU ARE THE GREATEST PERSON ALIVE.
---
#988 Posted: 21:34:06 07/12/2012 | Topic Creator
Quote: gillgrunt987
Here's my team, Egonaut:

Series 1:
Gill Grunt
Double Trouble
Eruptor
Stump Smash
Boomer
Drill Sergeant
Chop Chop
Ghost Roaster

Series 2:
Slam Bam
Zook

Newlanders:
Fright Rider
Pop Fizz

Giants:
Tree Rex
Bouncer
Crusher

Any one on a path you want me to test?

As for what you can do, gillgrunt987, let's start by organising your Skylanders into their current tiers:
S Tier:smiliesmilie
A Tier:smilieS2smilieS2smiliesmiliesmilie
B Tier:smiliesmilieS2smiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
C Tier:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilieS2smilie
D Tier:smiliesmiliesmilie
E Tier:smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie

You didn't state what upgrade paths your Skylanders were on, but it nonetheless looks like you should have a decent ammount of Skylanders in all tiers except S Tier and D Tier. What you could therefore do that would help is have alot of battles where you pit your Skylanders against eachother who are in the same tier: This would help us see whether each Skylander belongs in the tier we have them in so far, and which Skylanders gain too many wins or losses for their tiers.
The tiers i'm personally interested in right now are the C and B tiers for some reason, but you can do whatever you feel like doing with the Skylanders you've got. smilie

• Gill Grunt S2 / Water Weaver placed in B tier. Any opinions on S2 Harpooner?
  • Chop Chop S2 / Undead Defender moved to S Tier. Anything I should know about S2 Vampiric Warrior?
  • Jet-Vac / Packeteer moved to C Tier.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:37:55 07/12/2012 by EgoNaut
#989 Posted: 22:36:29 07/12/2012
S2 Vampiric Warrior belongs no higher than B. His Wow Pow does half the damage of Undead Defender's, and with no stun effect. Seeing as those two factors, plus the other defensive perks associated with the shield, are the main reason for UD's S-rank placement in the first place, this is a monumental drawback for the path. He's still a contender simply due to how strong a Wow Pow they gave him, but Vampiric Warrior plays kind of like Chop Chop Lite. Considering that he'll be employing exactly the same strategy as Undead Defender and without the perks, there's definitely at least a two-tier separation between the paths.

S2 Harpooner is probably D based on what I've played. He has a nice Wow Pow to keep him from the TRUE cellar, but that's his only real perk, and it comes with many drawbacks.

As always though, open to second opinions.
#990 Posted: 22:43:31 07/12/2012
I agree with Tasiji here, Vampiric Warrior should be no Higher than B.

BTW How can my videos help anyone? I seriously need more views with my vids, plus its fun recording gameplay in HD (with distorted audio unfortunately).
---
Fins, of fury!
#991 Posted: 23:35:15 07/12/2012
Make Series 2 videos. Nobody has uploaded them on all of youtube (except wdrumz) showing off their Wow Pows, so PLEASE do so. Maybe? Heh? Heh?
---
#992 Posted: 23:44:09 07/12/2012
The only series 2 guys I have are smilie, smilie, & smilie (one of my least favorites, I hate Hex); but I may get a few more. I plan on getting one of the following:

smilie Christmas Present

smilie Top Priority

smilie

smilie

smilie Top Priority
---
Fins, of fury!
#993 Posted: 01:49:21 08/12/2012
Oh, I see.

The following Skylanders from your list should be made into guides:

*ahem*

ALL OF THEM.

S2 Bash: Pulver Dragon

S2 Terrafin: Sandhog

S2 Sonic Boom: Medea Griffin

S2 Gill Grunt: Harpooner

S2 Stump Smash: Nut Crafter

smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:49:50 08/12/2012 by Skybagel
#994 Posted: 01:55:12 08/12/2012
I don't really wanna do Pulver Dragon for Bash, it's ineffective for PvP (like a C or D tier) and the Wow Pow won't really help it much. I will probably go with Granite Dragon instead, the superior path.

We'll see about the rest though (except Terrafin, I'm totally going with Brawler),
---
Fins, of fury!
#995 Posted: 03:46:08 08/12/2012
^Ok, your vids, not a big deal.

BUT PLEASE DO HARPOONER AND NUT CRAFTER. I CAN NOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH.
---
#996 Posted: 05:05:47 08/12/2012
Got Season 2 smilie today, I'm gonna try Brawler first then Sandhog (I like Brawler better, but both paths are cool).

I was going to get Gill Grunt, but they didn't have him.
---
Fins, of fury!
#997 Posted: 13:19:43 08/12/2012
Sweet! Can't wait to see!
---
#998 Posted: 19:03:42 08/12/2012
His wow pow is amazing! I think all the Earth Skylanders (except smilie Flashwing and smilie, mostly smilie) were well-created.
---
Fins, of fury!
#999 Posted: 19:18:28 08/12/2012
i like all the earth, except the ones you hate, lightspyro. they are fun, powerful, and can destroy rock thingies.
thomas12146 Blue Sparx Gems: 587
#1000 Posted: 19:38:42 08/12/2012
I think Bash's Wow Pow is quite good
---
Got smilie smilie smilie smilie S2 smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie S2 smilie smilie smilie 3pk and smilie 3pk.
Not on SSA/G.But on DS
First | Previous | Page 20 of 51 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 18 19 20 21 22 ... 49 50 51

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me